Are Rocks 2D friends too?

quote from Guardian: December 27, 2011, 11:44:16 PM

However, if we really are hearing what we think we're hearing, there could be harm done by putting a stone into the fire that didn't want to go? If Rock is a conscious being/entity that's gone to all the trouble of learning how to communicate in the way the people who essentially live on it can understand, for the sake of its own survival.... ignoring it would be very disrespectful.

It is my understanding, and I could be wrong, that the entire point of discerning the difference between a stone that agrees to be sacrified and one that doesn't is to create a sensitivity to and a resonance with the natural world.

To say a stone is just a stone is to say a tree is just a tree, a river is just a river, an animal is just an animal, a person is just a person. If everything is just what it seems to be, then everything and everyone is replaceable.

But within each individual in each category is worlds of differences in terms of purpose, consciousness, connectedness, relatedness To pay attention to a rock means to pay attention to where it is found, what surrounds it, what if anything grows on it, its age, what lives beneath it, what lives on it, the color it is and why, the planes on the surface, how much sun it holds, how much ice.

One can wonder how deep it once lay beneath the surface of the earth, how much heat it bore, if its composition went from molten to solid, how much pressure it withstood, if it belonged to a formation from which it split.

In other words, nothing is what it seems to be to us, because we do not know how to see the past or the connectedness of all things.

Imagine what the world would be like if all beings in it were honored for the very special work it does that we may not see, but from which we all benefit.

webglider said:
[...]
In other words, nothing is what it seems to be to us, because we do not know how to see the past or the connectedness of all things.
[...]

I do agree. Currently as humans, our negative energy consisting of sadness, woe and pain may indeed be some sort of nourishment for other entities. I also think that Earth is a living entity where we, as a mass population, share life and are connected with Earth. All upon this BBM are connected in ways not currently understood, but each affects the others. As our mass human negative energy grows and intensifies, and as we frack, strip, pollute and destroy the Earth, their may well be negative energy consisting of sadness, woe and pain that is experienced by this Earth entity also in ways not understood.

webglider said:
[...]
Imagine what the world would be like if all beings in it were honored for the very special work it does that we may not see, but from which we all benefit.
[...]

Perhaps some "day"... :)

Al Today said:
webglider said:
[...]
[...]

I agree but think it doesn't have to be that way - especially today. Maybe we just need to practice "seeing" without depending so much on the eyeballs? :)

Systems Theory, Quantum Theory and Morphological Theory (James Lovelock and others) have a lot to offer anyone who wants to learn to see "connectedness". In terms of "the past", Native American wisdom, like the saying about how we do not inherit the land from our ancestors but borrow it from our children, has a lot to offer as well. All one needs do is choose a desired perspective.

For example, in "Wicked Problems - Social Messes: Decision Support Modelling with Morphological Analysis", author Tom Ritchey, speaking about relational databases and structured information says this:

It is possible to allow the designated output of one morphological field to become the input for another field. Alternatively, the designated output of (sub-) fields can be collated into a single (super-) field. This allows for a hierarchical or networked morphological model. This is useful when a model treats of several levels of abstraction.

Understanding the above may be just a matter of thinking in terms of Information Theory, or all being information/data exchanges. There are also many other available perspectives, like "frequency".

Regarding rocks in general, I've yet to see evidence that rocks have a sophisticated enough nervous system or enough available energy to conceptualize and speak in human language to humans. But neither do I think anyone who 'thinks' they do is hallucinating or whatnot.

Seems to me, on the whole, Nature is a self-referencing system. As humans are included therein, why can't conditions occasionally become just right for someone to "tune in" to this ongoing information exchange between all parts embedded in one whole? Seems perfectly natural to me.

Buddy said:
Regarding rocks in general, I've yet to see evidence that rocks have a sophisticated enough nervous system or enough available energy to conceptualize and speak in human language to humans. But neither do I think anyone who 'thinks' they do is hallucinating or whatnot.

Keeping in mind that we are "wave-reading units", it's not a matter, I think, of rocks conceptualizing or speaking, but rather the person perceiving their communication - if such occurs - "reading" it in a way that makes sense to them, interpreting it as a message in a form that they can understand.

Psalehesost said:
Buddy said:

Keeping in mind that we are "wave-reading units", it's not a matter, I think, of rocks conceptualizing or speaking, but rather the person perceiving their communication - if such occurs - "reading" it in a way that makes sense to them, interpreting it as a message in a form that they can understand.

Exactly. And well said I must say! :)

great topic! i also have felt a connection to inanimate objects, and even the space between objects! its all so.. relative, you know?

Quote from Guardian

I think I learned to "hear" rocks when I was taught how to select stones (Grandfathers) for use in an Inipi (Lakota Sweat Lodge) The Inipi is one of the Ceremonies the Lakota can/do share with non Indians, and I am blessed to have some wonderful Indian friends who practice this Ceremony and have allowed me to attend.

Part of the process is gathering stones to be used in the Lodge, and these stones essentially give their lives for the Lodge, so you are supposed to ask them if they wish to make this sacrifice.

I was under the (erroneous) assumption that this "asking" process was a way to show respect for the stones, and Nature in general...until one said "No!" in the deepest tone I've ever heard. It did not want to die, it did not want to sacrifice itself for the Lodge, and it let me know when I asked...at least that's what it sounded like to me.

Or it could be that it wasn't a suitable stone for a sacrifice and was letting you know that it shouldn't be used. I've been in many many inipi ceremonies, and all went well in all of them - except for one.

After the hot rock was placed in the lodge and the water was poured over it, it exploded. I don't think that just anyone is given the honor of gathering rocks. Not everyone can hear what they say.

Guardian said:
I think I learned to "hear" rocks when I was taught how to select stones (Grandfathers) for use in an Inipi (Lakota Sweat Lodge) The Inipi is one of the Ceremonies the Lakota can/do share with non Indians, and I am blessed to have some wonderful Indian friends who practice this Ceremony and have allowed me to attend.

This speech has been posted in the forum before, however, recalled this excerpt that seems to carry the message of Rocks and their link, not always, but sometimes to beings who can hear them.

Chief Seattle said:
Even the rocks, which seem to be dumb and dead, as they swelter in the sun along the silent shore, thrill with the memories of stirring events connected with the lives of my people. And the very dust upon which you now stand responds more lovingly to their footsteps than yours because it is rich with the blood of our ancestors and our bare feet are conscious to the sympathetic touch.

Back
Top Bottom