Are You Getting Enough Sleep? Sleeping properly?

dugdeep said:
LQB said:
You can minimize this particular threat by measuring this high frequency noise level and take steps to lower it. [The method mentioned in Shijing's post above is to simply shut the breaker in the panel box for the bedroom circuit you intend to use. This will work as long as there are no other active circuits running through the walls and floor/ceiling - and it will not stop ground loop current.] The best way is to use a GS meter (https://www.stetzerelectric.com/store/stetzerizer-microsurge-meter/ - see also the EMF Exposure thread) to directly measure the noise at any wall socket. Then use either GS filters (https://www.stetzerelectric.com/store/stetzerizer-filter/) or Greenwave filters (http://www.greenwavefilters.com/stetzerizer-gs-filters/?gclid=CKqLz4HKzLQCFcKPPAodiXwAng) to reduce the noise and verify by direct measurement. You can easily get an order of magnitude (I've seen nearly 2 orders) reduction in this noise. The nice thing about the GW filters is that they also filter the ground circuit (GS does not), and filter up to 500MHz (GS filters to about 200KHz). [By doing this you also reduce your exposure to electric/magnetic AC high frequency fields throughout the house - and if you move, you just unplug them and take them away.]

Well that's good news! I've had 2 stetzer GS filters plugged into outlets in my house for a few months now. I was going to ask if they would help to minimize potentially harmful effects from the grounding hardware. Given what you've said here, LQB, I think I may get a couple more filters for the apartment.

If you get a few more filters, you might be better off with the GW filters since they filter the ground circuit and do so up to 500MHz (their lab measurements that they passed on to me). I have some of their filters and they work marginally better than GS filters as measured with a GS meter. You may want to pick up a GS meter so you know what suppression you are getting - it will also guide you to optimum placement of the filters for max suppression. The goal is to get to 30 or under on the meter (at all sockets) - I think under 50 is fine. If you get the meter, you can also help out others that may have a concern. You can also use the meter infrequently to test the levels since they can change with time and loading.

I recommend that folks try to share the cost of the meter ($100 - I think), then do a group bulk buy of the filters to get lower prices. The nice thing about them is if you move, you just unplug and take them with you. Before moving into a new place, you can test for the noise with and without filters for acceptability.

LQB said:
If you get a few more filters, you might be better off with the GW filters since they filter the ground circuit and do so up to 500MHz (their lab measurements that they passed on to me). I have some of their filters and they work marginally better than GS filters as measured with a GS meter.

I was looking on the site and didn't see any GW filters, only the GS. I can get the GS filters from my work (and get a nice employee discount to boot) and I could probably get them to bring in the GW filters provided they can get them through their supplier. Are the GW filters also Stetzerizer?

[quote author=LQB]
You may want to pick up a GS meter so you know what suppression you are getting - it will also guide you to optimum placement of the filters for max suppression. The goal is to get to 30 or under on the meter (at all sockets) - I think under 50 is fine. If you get the meter, you can also help out others that may have a concern. You can also use the meter infrequently to test the levels since they can change with time and loading.
[/quote]

They have a meter at my work that they lend out. When I first installed the filters I used the meter to find the best placement. I don't think I got it down to 30, but was somewhere around 50. I'll grab the meter again to do another test when placing more filters.

Thanks for the info, LQB! This stuff is a little over my head when it gets into the details, but I'm glad there are some ways of mitigating some of these harmful effects.

dugdeep said:
LQB said:
If you get a few more filters, you might be better off with the GW filters since they filter the ground circuit and do so up to 500MHz (their lab measurements that they passed on to me). I have some of their filters and they work marginally better than GS filters as measured with a GS meter.

I was looking on the site and didn't see any GW filters, only the GS. I can get the GS filters from my work (and get a nice employee discount to boot) and I could probably get them to bring in the GW filters provided they can get them through their supplier. Are the GW filters also Stetzerizer?

The GW filters are here: http://www.greenwavefilters.com/stetzerizer-gs-filters/?gclid=CKqLz4HKzLQCFcKPPAodiXwAng (the link in my previous post). This link compares GS filters (Stetzer) with GW (Greenwave) filters. GW filters are little better based on my own tests and they are a bit cheaper plus they give you back the socket connection. I'm sure they would respond well to your work place for product and info.

LQB said:
dugdeep said:
LQB said:

The GW filters are here: http://www.greenwavefilters.com/stetzerizer-gs-filters/?gclid=CKqLz4HKzLQCFcKPPAodiXwAng (the link in my previous post). This link compares GS filters (Stetzer) with GW (Greenwave) filters. GW filters are little better based on my own tests and they are a bit cheaper plus they give you back the socket connection. I'm sure they would respond well to your work place for product and info.

I somehow managed to miss that link in the previous post. Sorry about that :-[
Again, thanks for the info, LQB.

<SNIP>

Dr. Gonzalez: In Wisconsin. David Stetzer has a website, http: //www.stetzer.com. He
said there are problems with the earthing system. One problem is, Clint Ober developed
a lot of this in Europe, where they have different electrical systems from what we have
here. In the US, a lot of corporations, companies, and governments… they know they
have to ground things – the reason that we have grounded outlets is if we didn‘t,
computers would explode.
They‘re all grounding it into the ground, and they Ober made
the mistake of assuming that the earth is this infinite reservoir of endless electricity that
we keep dumping into the ground. He said that that‘s wrong – sometimes, depending on
your soil, you can actually plug that like the earthing cord and you‘ll get electricity coming back at you from the ground. I found that in my own apartment. It actually
happened when I experimented with the stuff
. <SNIP>

I do agree that electrical fields, EMF causes issues. As I work around electrical equipment, I try to stay away from it as much as possible.

The technical details of grounding are misinformed though.
An ungrounded computer or any other device does not explode. The ground was made mandatory in the electrical code in order to allow a path for a short circuit to pass through and open the circuit breaker (or fuse), instead of electrocuting the person that touches the metal case of the computer (or other electrical device).

Also, what causes the earth to be energized such as in New York City or other highly populated areas is that the ground connection is not perfect, it is dependent on how much area is available to allow the ground rods to dissipate the electricity. The electricity that gets dumped into the ground doesn't come from the ground, it is a loop... it flows through the ground and ends up back at the originating point: the generator or transformer.

There is a huge problem with corrosion of pipes and such, they are better carriers of electrons than the ground, so the electricity hitches a ride though those metallic objects- and at every point it jumps into soil, it "etches" the metal. In some cases, we are a better conductor than the ground alone, and assist the electrons to jump onto a pipe or other strong metallic object... (like getting static shocks when we get out of the car and touch the car door).

I'm not saying that grounding is not important, but according to the latest few code revisions, bonding has been found to be more critical than grounding. This allows for the electrons to more easily jump to the metal return paths, rather than create corrosion or try to jump through our bodies.

And regarding using a second grounding rod, it actually can be more dangerous than using your home ground because if you take a meter and measure voltage between your "grounded" body and your house, you actually have a difference in potential. This difference in potential is what the electrons try to follow. That's the original reason why bonding has been big in the latest code.

Dugdeep/LQB:
It may be that the grounding sheet's positive effects are from absorbing EMF that is all around us, much like an antenna picks up radio signals (and turns it into electricity).
I was thinking that is also why silk helps block EMF, but I can't seem to find any information as to whether silk is conductive or inductive to certain frequencies. I just see that it can build static charges.

Divide By Zero said:
Also, what causes the earth to be energized such as in New York City or other highly populated areas is that the ground connection is not perfect, it is dependent on how much area is available to allow the ground rods to dissipate the electricity. The electricity that gets dumped into the ground doesn't come from the ground, it is a loop... it flows through the ground and ends up back at the originating point: the generator or transformer.
Ideally this is what happens but in reality, the greater than zero resistance between the grounding connection and the earth causes current to be returned through the house circuit becoming a ground loop. If this current is significant, then you set up an AC magnetic field threat. In practice you can minimize this by using two or more ground rods in parallel effectively reducing the resistance to earth ground. You can also pour some salt water on the earth around the ground rod(s) to reduce this resistance and prevent ground loops - especially in dry conditions. [Anyone can do these things easily so long as you can locate your service ground rod. The first thing you should do is clean and reseat the connection to the rod.]

I haven't given it a lot of thought, but I do think that the NEC (electric code) should have put the grounding squarely in the electric company's court by forcing the return current path by wire to the transformer for subsequent grounding in carefully chosen locations along the electrical distribution path (they do this in practice anyway).

Divide By Zero said:
There is a huge problem with corrosion of pipes and such, they are better carriers of electrons than the ground, so the electricity hitches a ride though those metallic objects- and at every point it jumps into soil, it "etches" the metal. In some cases, we are a better conductor than the ground alone, and assist the electrons to jump onto a pipe or other strong metallic object... (like getting static shocks when we get out of the car and touch the car door).

In the past it was actually encouraged to bond the house ground to these metal pipes (water, sewer, and gas) since they do represent a low resistance path to ground. The problem is when everybody does this, they all share the same ground through the the pipes. So, some of your neighbor's ground current may pass through your home before finding a path to ground. [Another issue is a shock hazard due to undetected wiring error in the home.]

If you have an older home with this ground configuration, you can easily fix it by getting a plumber to install a dielectric coupler (insulator) out by the street prior to connection to the communal circuit. That way, return current from other users will not enter your home. [In the case of a gas line, get the gas company to do it safely.]
Divide By Zero said:
I'm not saying that grounding is not important, but according to the latest few code revisions, bonding has been found to be more critical than grounding. This allows for the electrons to more easily jump to the metal return paths, rather than create corrosion or try to jump through our bodies.
You may want to get a copy of Karl Riley's book "Tracing EMFs in Building Wiring and Grounding".

Divide By Zero said:
And regarding using a second grounding rod, it actually can be more dangerous than using your home ground because if you take a meter and measure voltage between your "grounded" body and your house, you actually have a difference in potential. This difference in potential is what the electrons try to follow. That's the original reason why bonding has been big in the latest code.

If you hold the metal electrodes of a volt meter (or attach them to different parts of your body) while standing in your home you will read something in the millivolt range (AC). If your meter measures frequency, it will read 50/60 Hz. As you walk around you may notice that this voltage varies with your proximity to ground paths and high voltage wires (unshielded). What you're saying is true for either ground (as I mentioned above). It is the electric field set up between the high voltage wiring and all other objects and their proximity to ground (any ground). And some current does flow via the ions (plasma) in the air - more if you use an air ionizer).

It is not the 50/60 Hz component that is a health concern - it is the high frequency harmonics and noise that is harmful and requires more sophisticated measurements to quantify. And you won't measure them on the body since those frequencies (above about 2KHz) are absorbed in our tissues. So, either ground sheet will be just as harmful (potentially under chronic exposure). This is why I suggest that if you are going to do this, first get the house grid high frequency noise levels as low as possible. By using a separate ground, you eliminate many other potential problems associated with the house grid ground.

Divide By Zero said:
Dugdeep/LQB:
It may be that the grounding sheet's positive effects are from absorbing EMF that is all around us, much like an antenna picks up radio signals (and turns it into electricity).
The grounding sheet will not "absorb" EMF - it will act as one plate of a capacitor setting up the electric field between ground any elevated voltage. When you lie on it you place yourself directly in that e-field. A large ground sheet will reflect ambient RF and will protect you from an electric field only if it surrounds you without touching (your body).

Edit: clarification

Whilst not strictly related to Earthing kits, Dr Jack Kruse in his blog today writes about earthing for human beings – time, magnetic field and electrical field and it’s effect on mitochondrial activity.

EMF 1: DOES YOUR ROLEX WORK?
January 15, 2013 by Jack Kruse Comments (40)

READERS SUMMARY:
1. WHY IS TIMING MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE FOOD WE EAT?
2. WHAT CONTROLS THE CIRCADIAN CYCLES IN OUR BODY?
3. WHAT DO SCHUMANN RESONANCE, THE EARTH, AND YOUR BRAIN ALL HAVE IN COMMON?
4. WHY ARE BIRDS, BEES, AND BATS DYING AT RECORD RATES TODAY? ARE WE NEXT?
5. HOW DO YOU FINE TUNE YOUR BRAIN’S ROLEX?

Many long term readers of my blog will recall that I have always told you that timing matters more than the food you eat. It is one of the core tenets in my Leptin Rx. Many of you may not understand why this fact is foundational for all biology and why it may make understanding metabolic pathways in a biology book worthless when you are trying to get optimal and trying to reverse disease. This blog series is going to open you up to a new reality of understanding. Today is where I show you precisely how quantum mechanics of the Quilt’s levee 30 might effects things you hold as a core belief.

We all seem to know circadian biology is important but no one in the paleo world has be able to explain fully why sleep and light are so important. It is clear they know it is important but when you know the WHY of an issue it generally make the HOW a whole lot easier to understand. Are circadian cycles something that all humans have to pay attention to rigidly? The short answer is, yes, you must pay strict attention to them because your mitochondria do. After hearing my January 2013, Webinar on the Mitochondrial Rx, this statement may carry a deeper meaning for you because you may have a new perspective how important nanoscopic precision is in biology for energy generation. For evolution to work, a cell first must adapt to its environment. For any organism to function properly, it must control the timing of its biological functions. That is why all higher organisms, from plants to insects, reptiles, birds and mammals, and even some lower unicellular forms of life such as bacteria, have developed an internal biological clock over millions of years. In humans, the master clock of all the body’s biological clocks is located in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) of the hypothalamus. Most people with a biology or chemistry back round believe that the circadian clock of the brain are controlled by the light and dark cycles alone. This is just not the case. There are magnetic cells in our SCN that also pay attention to the resonance frequency of the earth and its ionosphere. The electrical charge between the earth and the ionosphere has a frequency called the Schumann resonance frequency. This is an foundational physical finding that goes all the way back until life began on this planet. Life not only paid attention to light and dark, but it codified the frequency of the magnetic and electrical field of the planet into our biology. These are the three aspects or dimensions the brain uses to tell time. This clock is how we time all our biochemical reactions in our body. The reason for this is that life not only evolved with a dark and light cycle propagated by the sun, but it also evolved from our oceans and on land over 4 billion years. This means that all life has been grounded to the earth’s at every point in life’s history. You might not know this…….but now you do. Watch this video to get the full effect of this coming series. This is a must watch.

Alpha waves in the human brain resonate with the same frequency as the Schumann resonance of the Earth. This implies that life uses it as a fixed reference point in its nervous system for some reason.

In 2005, a study published by electrical engineer Roger Applewhite confirmed two highly significant facts: 1. Electrons move from the Earth to the body and vice versa when the body is grounded. This effect is sufficient to maintain the body at the same negative-charge electrical potential as the Earth. Electron flow in the mitochondria is known to reduce inflammation so it stands to reason that this flow of free electrons into the body from the earth is the mechanism by which inflammation is brought down.

2. Grounding powerfully reduces electromagnetic fields (EMFs)that have an effect on the body. EMF resonance above the normal frequencies found on EEG’s, EKG’s, and EMG’s can all disturbed the fast acting communication system that all life appears to use. I use all of these types of tests when I treating people for neurologic issues.

It appears life is also based upon a fast communicating electrical conduction system in the body that uses quantum mechanics to speed up the reactions of life to allow it to happen in real time. The molecular cellular processes that all life uses are too rapid and subtle to be explained by slow-moving chemical reactions and nerve impulses found in bio chemistry. The proteins and enzymes are the stage upon which the drama of life unfolds. The actors can be none other than small and highly mobile units such as electrons and protons.

WHAT IS GROUNDING?
The Earth is negatively charged. It has an endless supply of negative-charged free electrons. Anytime you have two conductive objects and they make contact, such as your bare feet and the ground, electrons will flow from the place where they are abundant to the place where there are fewer of them. The electrical potential of the two objects will thus equalize. That describes grounding simply for the NON GEEKS.

ELECTRICAL GEEKS: The land and seas of planet Earth are alive with an endless and constantly replenished supply of electrons. Since all life makes direct contact with the surface of the planet—the skin of our bodies touching the skin of the Earth—our conductive bodies naturally equalize with the Earth. Figuratively speaking, we refill the electron level in our tank that has become low. How do we know that the body absorbs those electrons? In the 2005 study listed above it was proved with a simple experiment. Mr. Applewhite showed a voltage drop across an in-line resistor, measured with an oscilloscope, provided ample evidence of an exchange of electrons between the Earth and the body during grounding.

There are a number of other ways we know this happens in real life. One is common sense and non geeky. The Earth is always negatively charged. It has an endless supply of negative-charged free electrons. Anytime you have two conductive objects and they make contact, such as your bare feet and the ground. The electrons will flow from the place where they are abundant to the place where there are fewer of them. The electrical potential of the two objects will thus equalize. Similarly, when you stick a ground rod in the Earth, it allows the electrons to flow from the Earth via a wire into an object. It could be a freezer, an ipad, a computer, your cell phone or you. Your body is conductive like any electrical appliance. The colder you are the more you preserve the charge within batteries of life, the mitochondria. This is why we save our Duracell’s in the refrigerator to keep their charge. The more wet you are the better conductor of this current you become because water is a better conductor than dry air. This implies being cold extends the life of your batteries and the wet is additive to electron movement in tissues from grounding.

TRUTH BOMB #1: Now think back to your own education. Where did you learn life first evolved? It evolved from the oceans that have a free an unending source of electrons. This means the ocean has more electrons and many more free ions than the land does. This belies why life evolved there first and not on land. It required less energy generation than it would have on land. All life on this planet requires water to work. When internal power generation was relatively simple before mitochondria were part of the eukaryotic cell, life needed the extra power boost from the oceans electric current to help life survive. Electron exchange is what makes the world go round. I suspect this is why life, even today is so abundant in the ocean and renews itself so well inspite of what modern man does to ruin it. When you live as a land based, warm adapted human mammal, and your are constantly insulated to life force in water, on land, the weather, on snow or ice, and the ground, you lose that steady stream of free electrons to your mitochondria. Your decisions to clothe yourself with insulating gear, wear rubber soled shoes, and not swim in the ocean, and warm your house and car constantly, so you can instead stay on your laptop and read FB status updates plays a huge role in why you still feel badly.

In North America, the power grid produces EMFs vibrating at 60Hz. This frequency alone is way above the natural resonance of the earth and the brain. Existing wires inside the walls of our homes produce EMFs even when appliances are not connected. The potential for interference of our internal communication system in our bodies varies from person to person and in different locations, depending on the intensity of the fields and how electron depleted we already are. Within an ungrounded body, electrons and other charged particles react with the environmental EMFs present in the immediate surroundings producing unnatural molecular perturbations. When a person is grounded to earth, the body is shielded from these perturbations by the Earth’s electrons. The Applewhite study we just described showed that when the body is directly connected and “plugged” into the Earth, it is essentially shielded from electropollution. An EMF has both an electric and a magnetic field, and the difference between the two and their effects on the body are determined by the bodies current energy supply of free electrons from food and their own ATP production in mitochondria.

The findings of a team of researchers from the Imperial College in London and the University of Washington’s Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences was eye opening for me. In a 2007 report, they said that measurements in an office setting showed that the electrical energies people are exposed to indoors for large periods of time escalate the risk of infection, stress, and degenerative diseases, and reduce oxygen uptake and activity levels. And I quote, “The nature of the electromagnetic environments that most humans are now regularly exposed to has changed dramatically over the past century and often bears little resemblance to those created in Nature”. “In particular, the increased masking/shielding/insulation of individuals from beneficial types of natural electromagnetic phenomena, the presence of synthetic materials that can gain strong charge and increase exposures to inappropriate electric field levels and polarities have greatly altered the electromagnetic nature of the microenvironments many individuals usually occupy.” These environmental signs of EMF are codified by the magnetic cells in all life’s suprachiamatic nucleus (SCN) to give the brain another dimension of time to time the biochemical reactions of life for survival. The brain uses natural EMF resonance with light and dark to tell time. It is our brain’s Rolex.
T
RUTH BOMB #2: It may help some of you realize why “your path has no clear destination and you get annoyed with the constant revisions that you must endure.” Modern life is subjugating your design because you are unaware of how something so beneficial to your quality life is sucking the life right out of your mitochondria and your telomeres as you read this.

TRUTH BOMB #3: From Quelsen on our forums: “The human body adapts for one purpose. Survival that is all nothing else.

Your mind determines and judges if what the looks like and feels like is acceptable for you, the body doesn’t give a hoot what you think, and goes on about the business of survival.
My goal is to learn what i need to know so that my body conforms to what my mind thinks is optimal. Once I learn my the master of my body then and only then will I know this.”

WHY IS THIS A BIG DEAL?
You might be wondering how the Earth electromagnetic field protects all life from EMF sources. It is pretty simple if you look back to Nobel Prize winner physicist, Richard Feynman’s 1960’s lectures on the Earth’s subtle energy sources. The surface of the planet, has an abundance of electrons, which give it a net negative electrical charge. If you are standing outside on a clear sunny day, wearing shoes or standing on an insulating surface like a wood or plastic/vinyl floor, there is an electrical charge of some 350 volts between the Earth and the top of your head if you are 5 feet 9 inches (1.75m) tall. This charge is all around the earth but not around you when you are insulated from the charge by a badly conducting floor or by poor designed shoes or when your in a bed above the earth. We evolved constantly being plugged into to mother Earth so that our brain could have the third dimension of time.

We can actually measure this voltage difference today easily, so what I am laying out to you here is not folly. The higher we go up in the atmosphere the higher the charge and voltage get for any biologic system. The higher we go up the lower our zeta potential becomes of our serum. For those of you who listened to the January Webinar that should be an eye opening point alone. Keep in mind the natural charge is about zero volts at ground level at all times. When you take your shoes off and make direct contact with the earth the earth magnetic field is able to be transmitted through your body because it is a good conductor of electric current and we have a lesser charge than the earth does. Electrons flow to the path of least resistance. This protective EMF from the Earth pushes the 350 volt charge about 3 feet above your head to offer you protection from Environmental sources of EMF like UV light and cosmic radiation. The Earth’s magnetic field then covers your entire body and acts like an EMF protective shield for your body. Consider it like a giant EMF condom over your body when you are plugged into to the Earth. Maybe you can see why skin cancer is higher in modern life now? All life evolved with this protective shield until modern man showed up.

IMPORTANT POINT: If exogenous EMFs hit your body from any source, their net effect is cancelled by the electrons within your body supplied by the Earth if you are plugged in. Nothing can change your electric potential, except uncoupling yourself from the Earth. Unfortunately most of you reading this are uncoupled because of modern life right now. Look at your shoe closet, bed height, or how far you live off the ground. Most of us have completely lost our shield protection and we now swim in a gigantic ocean filled with manmade EMF sources. Man made EMF’s are more dense the higher we go off the ground too because of modern communication methods. It is a ubiquitous situation globally today and modern healthcare never considers how this might effect our biology. Medical epidemics are not caused by genetics but they are all underpinned by massive changes in epigenetics.

Today, all life is bombarded with EMF from technology that exceeds our protective shield. But more importantly, our modern life has unplugged us from the earth because of how we insulate ourselves from the earth. This disconnection causes internal pertubations in our ability to decipher the correct time to coordinate nanoscopic biologic reactions that are life sustaining to all life. The one you learned about recently is the formation of ATP in the mitochondria in the January webinar. When your body slowly leaks the energy provided by electrons constantly you lose your charge at your inner mitochondrial membrane. When you lose your charge your net charge becomes more positive inside your cells. Biologic science already has discovered that ATP production fails in a positively charge environment. When we have no ATP a body is called a cadaver. What is most important for all life? ENERGY to fuel the requirements for life. The slow leak of electrons before death cause diseases like illnesses. The coordination of life sustaining biochemical reactions to generate ATP. Connecting any dots yet?

HOW IS YOUR ROLEX?
The SCN receives its clues or epigenetic signals about prevailing light and temperature conditions from specialized cells in the retina. We covered this in detail in CT −6. Signals about these environmental signal/conditions travel from the hypothalamus to the pineal gland, which controls the secretion of melatonin. Your learned about this in Brain gut 11. Melatonin is secreted only in conditions of darkness is present for 4 hours consistnetly when the system is working well and ATP levels are optimal. Artificial light breaks this cycle. These molecular biological clocks control virtually all body system functions, including the wake-sleep circadian cycle. Bees, bats, and birds all have been found to have cells in their SCN that monitor the earth’s magnetic field and use the resonant frequency navigate when they fly. You may now perceive why bees, bats and birds are dying at record rates now in our modern world as they have to fly through mankind’s EMF. Their biology has no answer for the magnitude of the change.

The human SCN also has the same type of cells in our SCN as do birds, bees, and bats. What is their likely function in humans? These cells likely help our brain to tell time by giving us the third dimension of time. When you marry natural light and dark and the earth’s magnetic field you get a three dimensional view of space/time. Einstein described space/time in multiple dimensions in his writings on quantum mechanics. The brain is the ultimate quantum computer and it uses light, temperature, and the magnetic field of the Earth environment to tell time to precisely time biologic reactions.

The brain is then able to reconstruct this epigenetic information and accurately tell time. Time control is massively important to have the nanoscopic control needed to make ATP from food electrons and many other biochemical reaction to sustain life. You will soon agree with this bold statement as the series continues.

These cells may help explain why I have found and believe that our environmental light conditions are paramount in the equation for leptin resistance and inflammation generation in the brain. Obesity is at its core an inflammatory brain condition as I said in my TEDx talk. When the brain loses the ability to accurately tell time the result is the net products of the brain and bodies biochemical reactions is positively charged. Inflammation in a biological system carries a net positive charge due to formation of NF kappa beta in all cells. The SCN constantly samples these environmental cues from Earth’s energy as well coordinates the various biological clocks regulating hormone flow in the body. Leptin resistance means there is a lot more NF kappa beta in cells and that there is alterations in light and dark cycles and the ability to sense the earth magnetic field is disturbed. Many research papers from chronobiology have shown us already that many metabolic diseases are dramatically affected by alterations in light and dark. Few studies so far have shown the effects on EMF because artificial EMF generation is now a trillion dollar global industry. This is why I am sharing my secret sauce for optimal health now. You must protect your Rolex from artificial light and manmade EMF of any kind and plug yourself back into the Earth ASAP. You can not get to optimal if your clock can not rely on the precise nano-scopic precision of time to make ATP which in turn fuels everything that allows you to survive.

I promise you this is going to change in biology, because the truth always finds a way in science. You and I cant afford to wait for scientists, researchers, the government, corporations, or healthcare to get this message. Time is not promised and waits for no one, especially for the cells in your body right now. Along with artificial light, no other environmental stimuli is causing our brains to lose the ability to tell time exogenously or endogenously to drive the timing of our biochemical reactions. The slow and gentle rhythms of the Earth’s energy field are essential for maintaining precise timing in these clocks in all life.

ULTIMATE TRUTH BOMB: That master is the controller of all life is is time. When time telling in the brain is off kilter, inflammation is the net biologic result for the bodies reactions. If you think this is not true, read on in the series. I have a lot more truth bombs coming for you to ponder.

Parting thought: llnesses do not come upon us out of the blue. They are developed from small daily sins against Nature. When enough sins have accumulated, illnesses will suddenly appear. —HIPPOCRATES

CITES:
1. Circadian Feeding Drive of Metabolic Activity in Adipose Tissue and not Hyperphagia Triggers Overweight in Mice: Is There a Role of the Pentose-Phosphate Pathway?
Endocrinology 2012 153: 690-699
2. Dehydroepiandrosterone reduces preadipocyte proliferation via androgen receptor
Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012 302: E694-E704
3. _http://www.jackkruse.com/forum-2/optimal-journal/quelsen-aka-jonathan-d-goins-two-es-no-os/page-5/
4. _http://www.kaganovichlab.com/uploads/7/2/5/6/7256268/ellis_-_2001_-_macromolecular_crowding_obvious_but_underappreciated..pdf
5. _http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Users/ctf20/dphil_2005/CSNs/Minimal%20Genome/Bray1998.pdf
6. _http://www.biochemsoctrans.org/bst/028/a193/028a193b.pdf
7. _http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/hominids/2012/05/chimpanzees-sleep-in-trees-to-escape-the-humidity/#ixzz2Hv9lnTZQ
8. Ober, Clinton; Zucker, Martin; Sinatra, Stephen T. (2010-05-06). Earthing:The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
9. Dehydroepiandrosterone Inhibits Glucose Flux Through the Pentose Phosphate Pathway in Human and Mouse Endometrial Stromal Cells, Preventing Decidualization and Implantation
Mol. Endocrinol. 2011 25: 1444-1455
10. High glucose inhibits glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, leading to increased oxidative stress and {beta}-cell apoptosis FASEB J. 2010 24: 1497-1505
11. Applewhite R. “The effectiveness of a conductive patch and a conductive bed pad in reducing induced human body voltage via the application of earth ground.” European Biology and Bioelelectromagnetics 2005;1:23-40
12. Chevalier G, Mori K, Oschman, JL. “The effect of earthing (grounding) on human physiology.” European Biology and Bioelectromagnetics January 31, 2006; 600-621

If you want to seek further information and imbedded links see _http://www.jackkruse.com/emf-1-does-your-rolex-work/

This may be of interest, or not.

Prodigal Son said:
Whilst not strictly related to Earthing kits, Dr Jack Kruse in his blog today writes about earthing for human beings – time, magnetic field and electrical field and it’s effect on mitochondrial activity.

EMF 1: DOES YOUR ROLEX WORK?
January 15, 2013 by Jack Kruse Comments (40) ....

Some of this I would describe (using a phrase Laura has from time to time) as so bad its not even wrong. JK clearly does not understand EM fields or the mechanics of EMF health effects.

To begin with, it is well known that livestock in the vicinity of high cap power lines exhibit behavior and health problems. Some that will normally orient themselves N/S when resting, lose this capability near power lines. These animals are continuously grounded whether standing or lying down. Earth grounding does NOT protect against exposure to EMF! In fact, these animals would be better off if they were insulated from earth ground when near power lines! [as I have tried to explain in posts above]

In some areas near power line distribution routes there are significant ground currents due to a power company habit of driving their neutral lines to ground periodically. If livestock inhabit these areas, the current under their feet can induce voltage (mild shock) between their feet causing discomfort and eventual health damage/behavior problems. In this case, again, they would be better off insulated from the ground.

The same is true with people in the home - in the home you are surrounded by the grid. If you ground yourself in the home, you are essentially "advertising" a more attractive path to ground. You increase the capacitive coupling through your body. It has been shown that this is probably not a significant problem for the fundamental 50/60 Hz AC component of the field. Low frequencies in this range associated with waves/currents, ride on the surface of the skin - they do not penetrate the flesh. The high frequency grid noise (above about 2KHz) that is prevalent on our grid, penetrates and is absorbed in the deeper flesh. There is a large amount of epidemiological evidence in the form of very high correlation of this grid noise level with cancer incidence and many other chronic conditions. For these reasons, it is not a good idea to remain grounded in the home for long periods of time.

The component that JK is trying to address (imo) is the DC buildup of charge that can occur over long periods of electrical isolation/insulation, exposure to DC electric fields (ungrounded), and the buildup of charge due to chronic disease (or metabolic) conditions. You are periodically discharging this when you step out barefoot on a concrete floor, touch the stove, open the fridge (assuming a metal door handle). And it probably is good to ground yourself periodically for extended periods like a walk outside barefoot. It may even be OK to do this in the home using the grid ground for short periods of time (minutes). But to do this over long periods in the home (like sleeping on a ground mat), imo, is unnecessary and unwise considering exposure to the high frequency AC. If you insist on doing this, then you should first reduce the high frequency grid noise as much as possible and know what that residual is (you should also clean and re-seat your ground connection to the ground rod and check for a tight connection of the ground wire in the panel box for the circuit you are using).

[Its interesting to think of your home as a mini electric universe: current flows among all the objects (including your body) in your home depending on their relation (voltage) to the electric field - both AC and DC. The current carriers are the ions in the air - just like the plasma in the solar system surrounding the sun.]

I think he is right about the importance of the natural earth EMF. This is from a past writeup I did:

Before addressing the sources of harmful man-made EMF, let’s first look at a source of EMF that has likely been around throughout the evolution of life on this planet. This source involves the Sun and the Earth as shown in Figure 1.

Figure 1 High energy protons and electrons ejected from the Sun are
deflected by the Earth’s magnetic field (magnetosphere) causing the
field lines to distort and the buildup of charge in the ionosphere.

Variations in the number and speed of protons and electrons from the sun produce variations in the Earth’s magnetic field in and around the planet as the magnetosphere acts to shield us from the bulk of incoming particles (See Figure 1). The Earth’s ionosphere collects those charged particles which leak through the shield and interacts with the earth’s surface through cloud-to-ground lightning as well as discharges (currents) between layers of the atmosphere. These interactions excite various modes of EMF propagation in the spherical shell defined by the Earth’s surface and the ionosphere – a spherical layer separating two differently charged regions (spherical waveguide). These modes are constrained by the size of the earth and the ionosphere around it. Since the Earth has rarely been without a magnetic field (except during short periods of polarity reversal), we can assume that these characteristic modes of Sun-driven EMF propagation have been around for perhaps billions of years, and have influenced the development of life on the planet from the very start.

So what does this EMF look like? Figure 2 shows a 4 second time measurement of the magnetic field at a point on the Earth. Just below it is a 1 second trace of a human EEG (electroencephalogram). The time scales are preserved so that we can see that they are very similar in variation. If we analyze the frequency content of the magnetic field time traces, we find the bumps in the lower graph (Figure 2) to be the Schumann1 resonances associated with the earth (actually the earth-ionosphere waveguide). The primary mode/resonance occurs at 7.8 Hz (cycles per second) – a spot squarely in the range of the alpha wave component of the human EEG [alpha wave dominance in the human EEG is associated with relaxed alert awareness]. These Schumann resonances extend out to about 45 Hz and span a range closely matched to the human (and probably other animals) EEG range.

So what we have here is an EMF source that has likely been ingrained into our evolutionary development from the earliest of times. It is part of our “home” environment and is seemingly expressed in the signals of each human brain. As above, so below?

Figure 2 The human EEG compares very well with the spectrum of Schumann resonances
derived from magnetic field measurements on the Earth.
[Adapted from _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eeg_raw.svg and
_http://www.glcoherence.org/monitoring-system/earth-rhythms.html ]

This EMF source likely provides a homeostatic balancing function for life forms (including humans) and suggests the question: What happens if this EMF is masked or dominated by other environmental EMFs? Do we cascade toward chronic diseases of the mind and body? Is this what’s happening to the bees (and other animals)?

We do know that severe solar storms alter these natural EMFs significantly and can last for several days. These periods have been linked to illness, depression, and suicide – some of the same effects of known EMF source exposure in many people. This link to severe solar storms might just be a clue suggesting that it is not man-made EMF exposure alone that is the problem; it is the masking of the natural EMF over long periods that causes or contributes to many disease conditions including the symptoms of ES.

If the earth had no magnetic field, there would be little shielding of high energy charged particles from the sun – a very harsh environment for the development of life2. It is estimated that the earth has had a substantial magnetic field for about 3.5 billion years3. It would be no surprise to find that life forms evolved to make use of this field for navigation and possibly other purposes – and that these capabilities are still in use today. Figure 3 illustrates this on a rough timeline showing the development of magnetotactic bacteria, birds, humans, and the beginning of electrification (about 130 years ago). Much of the life on this planet may express this heritage in latent or unknown forms. For example, cows and wild deer tend to align their bodies north-south while relaxing, but not when the animals are under high voltage power lines.
Over the last two decades there have been many peer reviewed papers suggesting effects due to geomagnetic variation on humans including melatonin production in the pineal, behavior, depression/suicide, heart rate disturbance, arterial blood pressure, EEG, sudden infant death syndrome, and other biological effects. All this research activity suggests that even the human animal is very much connected to the primordial through earth-sun geomagnetic phenomena. This research also suggests, indirectly, that man-made EMFs may interfere with the natural signaling that we all depend on to maintain healthy functioning minds and bodies.

Figure 3 Evolutionary timeline on a Log scale showing that early life forms made use of Earth’s magnetic field
[with permission – Henshaw4]

[quote author=JK]TRUTH BOMB #2: It may help some of you realize why “your path has no clear destination and you get annoyed with the constant revisions that you must endure.” Modern life is subjugating your design because you are unaware of how something so beneficial to your quality life is sucking the life right out of your mitochondria and your telomeres as you read this. [/quote]

Dramatic, but I think he may be right here in regards to EMF. If diet and detox have not resulted in an expected return to health, free of chronic symptoms, then (imo) EMF exposure should be quantified and actively minimized. There are many things you can do to reduce your exposure by an order or two of magnitude.

I agree that he is not even wrong.

A lot of people, including him speak of electricity as a one way thing. In that case, a single wire carrying DC voltage would be able to run a lightbulb, but it cannot. There needs to be a flow of electrons, a cycle of them. Static charge is something that does no real work.

Also, where is he getting that the earth is negatively charged? Something negatively charged would want to give up electrons easily in order to attain balance. Electrons repel electrons, so an excess tries to jump off.
I could be negatively charged by my cotton socks rubbing on a shiny floor (like the experiment in class where you rub a rod with fur- the rod sheds electrons, becomes +), then go outside - touch the ground or something metallic and get a zap. In that case I gave up my excess electrons.

Where I agree with you and him is the EMF exposure. AC voltage induces "back and forth" movement in electrons, even if there is no actual flow of electrons. It's a wave pattern and you could imagine that it is "jiggling" electrons back and forth between molecules. In higher frequencies, you have microwaves which use that principle to heat up water molecules.
That is why you can hold a fluorescent light bulb in the air and it would light up near high voltage lines (and yet not become electocuted).
The only way the static charge could do that would be to create an arc that brings electrons into the bulb, through you - into the ground or some other HUGE body, lighting the bulb only for a second, just like lightning does.

So, we end up being "antennas" picking up EMF frequencies- which make the electrons "do work" in our molecules.

Divide By Zero said:
I agree that he is not even wrong.

A lot of people, including him speak of electricity as a one way thing. In that case, a single wire carrying DC voltage would be able to run a lightbulb, but it cannot. There needs to be a flow of electrons, a cycle of them. Static charge is something that does no real work.

Also, where is he getting that the earth is negatively charged? Something negatively charged would want to give up electrons easily in order to attain balance. Electrons repel electrons, so an excess tries to jump off.
I could be negatively charged by my cotton socks rubbing on a shiny floor (like the experiment in class where you rub a rod with fur- the rod sheds electrons, becomes +), then go outside - touch the ground or something metallic and get a zap. In that case I gave up my excess electrons.

Where I agree with you and him is the EMF exposure. AC voltage induces "back and forth" movement in electrons, even if there is no actual flow of electrons. It's a wave pattern and you could imagine that it is "jiggling" electrons back and forth between molecules. In higher frequencies, you have microwaves which use that principle to heat up water molecules.
That is why you can hold a fluorescent light bulb in the air and it would light up near high voltage lines (and yet not become electocuted).
The only way the static charge could do that would be to create an arc that brings electrons into the bulb, through you - into the ground or some other HUGE body, lighting the bulb only for a second, just like lightning does.

So, we end up being "antennas" picking up EMF frequencies- which make the electrons "do work" in our molecules.

Absolutely! But more accurately you should replace "antennas" with "objects subject to capacitive coupling". And current does flow via the free ion content in the air (which you can increase if you operate an "ionizer" in the home - not recommended since these devices can induce massive amounts of high frequency noise on the home grid). Evidence suggests that if this coupling remains confined to the skin, then health effects are minimal. This appears to be true at low frequencies (DC to about 2 KHz), but at higher frequencies, the waves penetrate and are absorbed in the flesh (energy absorption). The wavelength associated with these noise frequencies is in the neighborhood of 1-10 miles (so classical antenna theory does not apply).

For the most part, like you say, DC voltage/current remains confined to the skin (like static electricity). But I do think that there are metabolic/disease conditions that can result in a buildup of positive ions, and mitigated (to some unknown extent) by periodic earth grounding.

Since there has been some recent discussion about Earthing technology, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about something called "Bemer". I had mistakenly thought that my rolfer used a regular Earthing sheet (because she uses an Earthing pad as she works), but it turns out that she currently uses this. This description is from the website below:

BEMER technology uses a gentle pulsed electromagnetic field to open the microcirculation by increasing the production of nitric oxide. This results in vasodilation and an increase in the rhythmic contraction of tiny venules and arterioles. These rhythmic contractions are known as vasomotion. Vasomotion supports the overall function of the heart and circulatory system. As vasomotion is stimulated, more blood flows through the capillary networks throughout the body. As capillary blood flow increases, more nutrients and oxygen are given to the cells and more waste products are removed from the cells. With this exchange, energy production is optimized. As cellular metabolism improves, the body is better able to regulate internal organs and overall function.

A single 8 minute session on the BEMER mat has been demonstrated to increase the rate of vasomotion from a single contraction per ten-minute period (sub-optimally), to 1-2 contractions per minute. Strong vasomotion promotes the circulation of white blood cells to tissues that are otherwise deprived of oxygen, and therefore increases immune function and quickens wound-healing time. These benefits are maintained for up to 16 hours after one session of BEMER therapy.

This is a 30-minute video explaining the basic ideas and technology:

_http://www.sophiahi.com/bemer-technology-by-alena-zweben-nd/

My rolfer has had me try it for my past two sessions, but I'd like to find out more if anyone happens to have any experience with it.

Shijing said:
Since there has been some recent discussion about Earthing technology, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about something called "Bemer". I had mistakenly thought that my rolfer used a regular Earthing sheet (because she uses an Earthing pad as she works), but it turns out that she currently uses this. This description is from the website below:

BEMER technology uses a gentle pulsed electromagnetic field to open the microcirculation by increasing the production of nitric oxide. This results in vasodilation and an increase in the rhythmic contraction of tiny venules and arterioles. These rhythmic contractions are known as vasomotion. Vasomotion supports the overall function of the heart and circulatory system. As vasomotion is stimulated, more blood flows through the capillary networks throughout the body. As capillary blood flow increases, more nutrients and oxygen are given to the cells and more waste products are removed from the cells. With this exchange, energy production is optimized. As cellular metabolism improves, the body is better able to regulate internal organs and overall function.

A single 8 minute session on the BEMER mat has been demonstrated to increase the rate of vasomotion from a single contraction per ten-minute period (sub-optimally), to 1-2 contractions per minute. Strong vasomotion promotes the circulation of white blood cells to tissues that are otherwise deprived of oxygen, and therefore increases immune function and quickens wound-healing time. These benefits are maintained for up to 16 hours after one session of BEMER therapy.

This is a 30-minute video explaining the basic ideas and technology:

_http://www.sophiahi.com/bemer-technology-by-alena-zweben-nd/

My rolfer has had me try it for my past two sessions, but I'd like to find out more if anyone happens to have any experience with it.

Impressive video presentation wrt circulation. The MRS2000 seems to be its main competitor. Check out this link to a forum thread for lots of comments about these devices (_http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/bemer-3000.134/page-7).

From the reviews I read I would say that the reported results are all over the map, though generally positive. Sounds like you can rent these for a week at a time (with option to buy, of course).

Might be a good thing for many but I have a lot of unanswered questions involving field strength, waveforms, frequencies, etc.

LQB said:
Impressive video presentation wrt circulation. The MRS2000 seems to be its main competitor. Check out this link to a forum thread for lots of comments about these devices (_http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/bemer-3000.134/page-7).

From the reviews I read I would say that the reported results are all over the map, though generally positive. Sounds like you can rent these for a week at a time (with option to buy, of course).

Thanks, LQB -- that's my understanding too, that you can rent with a rent-to-own option (but it's pretty expensive, and you'd have to be really serious about it to do it -- or possibly work it out with a group of people who would share or something like that).

LQB said:
Might be a good thing for many but I have a lot of unanswered questions involving field strength, waveforms, frequencies, etc.

That's mostly what I'm wondering about -- I haven't found anything very technical yet, but there's another video here:

_http://reflexology2000.wikidot.com/bemer-therapy

...as well as a FAQ page at the site of the person in the above video (I'm delinking just to be on the safe side, not because I think this is necessarily disinfo):

_http://drpawluk.com/education/

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm going to keep looking into this to see what else I can learn.

Shijing said:
_http://reflexology2000.wikidot.com/bemer-therapy

...as well as a FAQ page at the site of the person in the above video (I'm delinking just to be on the safe side, not because I think this is necessarily disinfo):

_http://drpawluk.com/education/

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm going to keep looking into this to see what else I can learn.

I'll take a closer look too. The reason I'm concerned about the waveforms is the high frequency harmonics generated by square and saw tooth signal waveforms (if not filtered). If you find a spec sheet on the waveforms, post a link.

If it really promotes long-term vaso-dilation/constriction in the deeper tissues (the pics they show are surface-only), then it may also help those with claudication/calcification blockage in the feeder arteries (like my mother) by creating a pumping action on the other side of the blockage.

Back
Top Bottom