Arky Chu Gong: Chateau morning exercise regime

Thanks for the video! I tried it out this morning and it was great way to set up the day/shake off the week. Some local yoga classes I've been to are too intense and usually end up putting me off. This was just the right amount of exertion, although I did swap out the headstand for some extra calf/lower back stretching because I can barely touch my toes yet :lol:

You can follow along by playing the whole video...

Would it be possible to somehow purchase and download as it is not practical to follow without connectivity or in a proper setting away from the computer to watch and do the exercises? I had downloaded to step by step document and yet it is nice to follow along with the group in moving examples.

It is super neat to read of peoples experiences with the Arky Chu Gong routine (love the name). Thanks to all the participants in bringing it to Forum readers!

if 4kdownload doesn't work, a little-known program called youtube-dl can help. I used it in linux (it's a command line program, on the terminal). I don't know if it works well on windows.
Once installed,
Code:
youtube-dl -f 134+139 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnPmT38dPZQ

Small update: recently we've been gradually trying to do the Bow (minute 3 on this video), ultimately being able to rock back and forth.

We also played around with the Lion pose. It's lucky that we didn't have to show it on video, LOL! And we've tried a diaphragm stretch, but I haven't been able to find it on YT because I don't know what it's called. Maybe Niall will find it.

After the leg stretches on the floor (after the Tibetan rites) we are also trying to be able to do splits, one day!

Thank you Chu for the update

I started practicing Arky Chu Gong routine allmost 3 weeks ago every day at 6 am and I start to see some positive changes like improved muscles and joints and general wellbeing and the feeling of being stronger. I noticed that leg stretches is the biggest challenge for me :-)
Thank you all for this great video.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I started the routine and it's been really beneficial to do so. Great improvements over muscle tone, flexibility and balance. I now feel the need to do some stretching after waking up and change positions more often. It's not yet every morning after wake but I intend to get there. Some days I felt the need to skip a day to have some rest and I'm sure it helped the body to recover.

It's also been of great help to get grounded and quiet harassing thoughts. My will to re implement EE has come back too. I remember seeing a naturopath a while ago telling me I was too Yin already to pursue still meditation. A Yang activity would be of better help. Now I understand better the need for balance between the two.

Seeing you guys doing it and knowing you keep up with it motivated me much. It's a clear example of the difference between one owns will to do an exercise regularly versus the will brought about by a group. Great job at getting us motivated, that is the most important part here because I've known different exercises for long, but lacked the discipline and consistency to do them regularly. Now I want to keep up with it.

Also, as you're always improving it and keeping it dynamic, I've been thinking back about different approaches I learned. Re implementing some Movnat exercises progressively is something I consider. During the Fascia podcast, it was mentioned as something to try to discover, and also that every movement that becomes too repetitive can become problematic from a fascia standpoint, hence the need to change routines from time to time.

So I will post here some examples from which one can get some inspirations and play around with different levels of flexibility, mobility, strength and fitness, just to expand the movement repertoire.

This channel is full of different routines, the guy is named Kellen Milad and I really like his approach:

This is a different kind of fitness channel dedicated to going beyond traditional exercise and bringing you creative movement practices and workouts. My approach to fitness is influenced by natural movement, parkour, yoga, dance, martial arts, bodyweight / gymnastics, and traditional weightlifting. I believe that movement and mobility are essential for keeping the body healthy and strong for a lifetime. I also believe that true fitness happens in the real world so it's important to get out of the gym and move in nature.

Another approach I discovered in Wat Pho Thai Traditional Medical School, Bangkok, Thailand is called "Ascetic Self-Stretching/Rue-si Datton". Statues have been built in the temple, many have been stolen. They made a series of 18 videos online, quite recently!

Thank you for taking the time to make, record, and share this routine with us! I haven't been able to work out for about a month and a half but today I was feeling great so I gave it a shot, minus the inversions, and I do feel great after! There's definitely certain muscles that I noticed need extra work, and this routine covers those that we normally forget to target. :thup::clap:💪

Back
Top Bottom