Articles on SOTT besmearing Poland

Kasia

Jedi Master
I have a special request to all SOTT editors: please don’t publish on SOTT articles baselessly besmearing Poland, full of lies and slurs. These articles have been written mainly by so called journalists from Gazeta Wyborcza (one of its owner is Soros) or at least they are cited along with the politicians from the oppositional parties (PO, Nowoczesna) and pseudo historians like Gross by their western news buddies. These are deliberate steps to stir in Poland a lot of chaos and you are contributing to it by publishing such scurrilous pieces.

Below the list of the most common lies and slurs about Poland:

• Polish government is promoting a neofascist ideology (which is nonsensical and insulting)

• Poles took part in the Nazi extermination of nearly all of Poland's 3 million Jews and are responsible for the anty Jews events in Jedwabne and Kielce (blatant rubbish)

• Jan Gross is a credible source of Polish history (in fact he is a liar paid and promoted by the Jewish lobby)

• The Committee for the Defense of Democracy (KOD) is a grassroots movement (in fact sponsored by Soros)

• PIS paralyzes the Constitutional Court (in fact the chairman of the CC – Rzepliński does so. He regularly sends to the European Commissioners ready papers which contain demands for the Polish government which are inconsistent with the Polish Constitution; by the way trying to imposed them on the Polish authority is illegal)

• Poles are rabidly xenophobic, racist, islamophobic, homophobic and anti-Semitic (nonsense)

Just because the Polish ruling party PIS has anty Russian and pro NATO/US stance (by the way the same as actually all oppositional parties) – which of course should be presented and criticized – does not mean that they and first of all the Poles can be baselessly slander with impunity.

I’m not defending politicians, I’m defending the Truth. SOTT editors are supposed to be objective and spread the Truth, I guess. If I’m wrong, please correct me.

I urge you to use your critical thinking and to look for more accurate facts and articles otherwise the credibility of SOTT will dive soon drastically.

If you are not able to discern lies from truths as far as Poland is concerned, please consult Cs for inspiration.

Please post links to stories that you see as full of lies and slurs.

Kasia, as Beau requested, please post links to the articles where these statements were made or implied. It is difficult to discuss without taking a look at the individual pieces.

Having said that - I happen to watch Polish news regularly as this is my country of origin. I also visit every year and have first-hand experience of the local reality. The recent political changes are indeed a concern and it is difficult to disagree with the points outlined in your post.

While I am not familiar with the historical details of the events in Jedwabne and Kielce, in-depth research would likely reveal interesting information. Based on a general understanding of the historical events during the WWII, it is not entirely inconceivable that some Polish citizens did, in fact, cooperate with the Nazi invaders.

With regards to the "phobias" of all descriptions - well, Poland is staunchly Catholic and this conditioning does indeed manifest itself as those types of behaviours. It is not nonsense, as you state - it is the current reality in the country which is hard to deny. Particularly, in small towns where any deviation from the norm is actively discouraged and regularly attracts violent reactions if opposed.

Well, let's start with the individual pieces. Perhaps, you would like to elaborate on your perspectives and political affiliations as well.

Take a look for instance at this:

https://www.sott.net/article/323481-Chris-Hedges-The-new-European-fascists#comment162177

I don't think that it is necessary to rise the alarm. This article is not perfect, but give some counterweight to those Poles who read the SOTT and have familiarity only with how things are showing in the our Polish media, mainstream but alternative too.

Better talk about facts, documents, testimony instead about who what to think or see. If this discussion has lead to some conclusions then let say about data and facts and wait with intepret them.

Kasia said:

https://www.sott.net/article/323481-Chris-Hedges-The-new-European-fascists#comment162177

There is nothing in that article that says anything like you cite in your first post here.

Kasia said:

I've read the article, what i have understood from it, was that the current polish government is not any better than the previous one, i mean it is following the same political line as the previous governments. The US won't be opening a military base in Poland with "defensive" missiles against "Iran" in 2018? Let me put the question the right way, the US won't be opening a military base in Poland, stationing there defensive missiles (that at a click of the mouse the missiles can become offensive) against Russia? I mean what kind of government that thinks and cares for it's people will do such an idiotic thing? If i may respond to my question, such a thing will do the government who doesn't care a dime about it's people, a government who is well paid by the empire of chaos to follow it's political line, which is, being a total puppet of the empire of chaos and to serve the role of the cannon fodder against Russia. What i mean to say with that is what Joe tried to say to you in the comments section of the article that the current government of your country as many other governments of EU/Europe countries is/are UNDER THE THUMB OF THE US. If you want to point the finger at someone then it's the US, the empire that was build on genocide and war and exists and breathes on WAR. By the way, i didn't see in the article anything wrong written against the polish people, I'm sure the polish people as other European or world citezens are good folks (most of them), the problem are the psychopaths in the position of power of their contries ( judges, police commissioners, politicians, PRESIDENTS ...) who are wrecking everything on their way, who are dividing the people, me and you, making us to fight each other for the purpose of distraction, to no be able to SEE who are the real Culprits, that is the PSYCHOPATHS, this is the whole point to take home. Just a suggestion if i may, read the book, Political Ponerology please, it's one of the most well written books on the subject of psychopaths aspiring and occupying positions of power in a particular country and destroying it completely. By the way the book was written by a polish psychologist Andrew Lobaczewski. You may find on Sott a ton of articles written being inspired by his great work.

Kasia said:

This is an excellent article with a good summary of the current situation. Highly recommended - it deserves wider distribution.

Kasia said:

That we may understand you better, what in your personal perspective do you think is against Poland in that article?

Kasia said:
Poles are rabidly xenophobic, racist, islamophobic, homophobic and anti-Semitic (nonsense)
Dear Kasia, as a polish guy i tell you (and others): we are! If you spend some time outside your usual milieu, you surely would know this. But it's not about Poles are this and that like, it's educated people are in general more tolerant and so on. Common, you know this. Simple people are xenophobic regardless of nationality.

Hi Kasia (btw, I have an in-law of that name...not to mention Tadek, Jazek, Bala, Tusia, Maciek etc etc)

After re-reading the article, I think what the author is saying is that there is a certain sector of every population that has a certain type of mind set and this is problematic everywhere. It is a human problem that has no borders and is characterized by a certain outlook and "negative" expression. Poland is not unique in this, but I can see how you might identify, and feel 'singled out' since the thrust of the article was about Poland.

Kasia said:

You shared one article which does not really argue in favor of your stance. But you said that there were several articles in your initial post, so please, again, provide examples of what you're saying so we can see if that is actually the case.

Dear all, I’m not going to comment on such outlandish statements as for instance:

“This is an excellent article with a good summary of the current situation. Highly recommended - it deserves wider distribution” by adam7117.

I’ve already given my personal perspective what’s against Poland in the article in my first post. I've also pointed out which Polish daily rabidly smears Poland which then is cited in the western mainstream media and sometimes in the Russian.

I don’t want to convince anyone to follow my request. You have your own reason, free will and the same access to information as I do. I just want you to know that promoting articles containing such lies and slurs about Poland (listed in my first post), you are supporting those who haven’t the Polish people’s wellbeing at heart, who shamelessly spit nonsensical, deceitful propaganda about Poland to guard interests of foreign forces, adversely oriented towards the Poles and as a result you are unconsciously getting manipulated.

Be critical and open-minded. That is all.

Kasia said:
Dear all, I’m not going to comment on such outlandish statements as for instance:

“This is an excellent article with a good summary of the current situation. Highly recommended - it deserves wider distribution” by adam7117.

And yet you did. By saying that the above are "outlandish statements" you are making comment!

Kasia said:
I’ve already given my personal perspective what’s against Poland in the article in my first post. I've also pointed out which Polish daily rabidly smears Poland which then is cited in the western mainstream media and sometimes in the Russian.

Yes, you have given your personal opinion, but you were asked to provide links and examples which could be explored to see what might be so. There are facts and there are opinions. There is data, and there are emotionally charged statements. I think the request was for more data.

Kasia said:
I don’t want to convince anyone to follow my request. You have your own reason, free will and the same access to information as I do. I just want you to know that promoting articles containing such lies and slurs about Poland (listed in my first post), you are supporting those who haven’t the Polish people’s wellbeing at heart, who shamelessly spit nonsensical, deceitful propaganda about Poland to guard interests of foreign forces, adversely oriented towards the Poles and as a result you are unconsciously getting manipulated.

Be critical and open-minded. That is all.

Quite. So in that spirit isn't it better to provide data which can be checked for the facts of the matter, rather than replying on what you think you are seeing, which can also be open to error no? It's pretty lazy thinking to make such claims and then fall back on "I didn't want to convince anyone..." as a way to avoid backing them up with any useful data, so it seems to me.

Just one more thing:

"If you are a Pole, you should be Catholic," said Stasinski. "I'm not. So for some, I'm not a Pole." - said one of the pseudo journalists from Gazeta Wyborcza that abhors and bitterly fights the Polish Catolic Church and at the same time… today (30 July) you can buy along with this rag, pardon objective source of information about Poland, a kind of exclusive, cheap brass coin with the effigy of the Pope Francis...Welcome to the world of hypocrisy…

Attachments

• Wyborcza_numizmat.docx
    55.8 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom