Artificial Intelligence News & Discussion

One more step towards transhumanism. Read in the comments section a quote by Nikola Tesla: "You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension".

The enthusiasm of the commentator adds up the creepiness of the topic.

Initially abortion rights were introduced legitimately for rape cases, now you are allowed to abort until the time of birth. Likewise, these implants are being introduced for handicaps, How much time before a widespread adoption?

Last edited:
One more step towards transhumanism. Read in the comments section a quote by Nikola Tesla: "You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension".

The enthusiasm of the commentator adds up the creepiness of the topic.

Summary of the video:

- There's the Synchron implant (stentrode) which is a kind of stent combined with a cluster of electrodes. It is implanted in a blood vessel which is nestled within the motor cortex of the brain.
Pros: not need to open the skull, cons: limited number of signals read from the brain.

Synchron.jpg

- There's the Neuralink implant (Elon Musk).
Pros: huge amount of signals received from the brain, cons: new hole(s) in your skull done by a robot.

Neuralink.jpg

And it's just the beginning.

It remember me a movie where the good guys had a special pair of binoculars to see who had implants because such dudes were dangerous due to their augmented capabilities.

One of the good substacks to read these days is the one called "postcards from barsoom". The author appeared on an episode of mind matters. Many of his writings align with the general views expressed in these discussions here and this latest entry of the hubris and wishful thinking of the technocratic lords is worth the read imho (it's also very funny):

One of the good substacks to read these days is the one called "postcards from barsoom". The author appeared on an episode of mind matters. Many of his writings align with the general views expressed in these discussions here and this latest entry of the hubris and wishful thinking of the technocratic lords is worth the read imho (it's also very funny):
“You will own nothing and you will be happy” was baby’s first redpill for a lot of people, and they didn’t like the taste one bit." This line from the barsoom piece showed to me - among other quite precise points made - that 'wishful thinking' vs 'actual happenings on the ground' have indeed gotten the predators in a panic. 😁

Not sure if it should be in this thread but be careful when you are using a lot of QR codes. The central server are capable of making activity profile of your behavior. Did you notice post Covid 19 it is everywhere, entering mall, menu for restaurant, payment etc. This is not much different than the Chinese social rating system tracking those that didn't get vaccinated. Those who got shots will have this codes activated inside of your body. Those who do not conform will soon face more restrictions.

So, follow-up notes from the 17 July 2022 session:

Q: (cinnamon) Mathematically, how does a neural network generate a soul imprint? Is it a function of the number of 'layers'? Is it a function of 'symbolism' being 'learned' by the network?

A: Both and more including addition of firing "synapses."

Q: (L) Does that make sense?

(Joe) The idea of AI is that the more complex the structure of the technology or whatever, the more it gets to the level of complexity of a human brain or a human being. The closer it gets to that, at a certain point I suppose it's able to 'house' some kind of rudimentary consciousness. But it has to be complex enough.

(L) Well, one of the things we've seen with our SRT sessions is that a pattern of energy can be repeated and strengthened and added to and utilized by other attachments. That's what we saw on the last one. There was an initial pattern that then began to be utilized by something else.

I believe that the "firing "synapses."" refers to 'activation functions'. In hindsight, this was a bit of a foolish question, but they were kind enough to at least open the door to further.

Question 1: Is the "loss of interpretability" associated with going from linear and tree based models to nonlinear models, neural networks, and especially very large transformers where the faintest amount of soul imprint begins? That is, while you can directly interpret a linear model or a decision tree, you can compute 'importance' for boosted trees, and you can try to compute 'statistical curvature' for a nonlinear regression, the attempts at 'visualizing' attention aren't exactly convincing much as Computed Tomography (brain scan) isn't exactly convincing either, and this may be an artifact of the beginnings of a soul imprint?

Question 2: Suppose we do have this neural network which has a soul imprint - are there any spiritual implications of playing around with such things that we should know about, aside from the understanding that once built, a spooky "something else" can take it and do as it pleases with the neural net?

I recently discovered James Poulos and I must say that this man has some very interesting takes. His analysis of political philosophy and history does a great job of dissecting transhumanism and where it is leading us.

Here’s an excellent interview:

Now I don’t necessarily agree with his optimism with the future of crypto, and there might be a few things he could learn from reading Political Ponerology, but nevertheless, I believe there are some valuable lessons he has to share.

I guess I will find out when I read his book “Almost Human”. I just hope it’s going to be worth it after all the trouble I’m going to have to go through just to get it. This review piqued my curiosity enough:

Human, Forever (James Poulos) • The Worthy House

Very interesting video about AI made by Scottie. I'm surprised it has not been posted yet:

Very interesting! Robert Heinlein's novel The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is about a self-aware computer system that sees all the injustice it is tasked to manage. It sets about helping the victims of the system in some most interesting ways. Fiction, I know, but gave be a spark of optimism. The story was ahead of its time it terms of descriptions of fake news, phony (totally AI generated) politicians, colonization for profit, etc. The expression 'There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.' comes from this novel. I recommend to put this on the reading list for some things in the content that maybe everyone should know about in terms of safe community organization, should things go really South in our world. Also, not to be Debbie Downer, but the story is set on a near-future lunar penal colony, and you know there is so much talk these days about gulags coming for outliers. Sorry to go off-topic.

We have been told that help is on the way. No way to anticipate in what form it might take.

I guess I will find out when I read his book “Almost Human”. I just hope it’s going to be worth it after all the trouble I’m going to have to go through just to get it. This review piqued my curiosity enough:

I'll check him out.

I knew what you meant with the book title you cited, but you must have just read this book and it was on your mind for the title. ;)
I just hope it’s going to be worth it after all the trouble I’m going to have to go through just to get it.

How do you mean re trouble, Chaze?

I knew what you meant with the book title you cited, but you must have just read this book and it was on your mind for the title. ;)

Oh yeah, I meant to put “Human Forever”. ;-) The Wave was on my mind!

How do you mean re trouble, Chaze?

Just the inconvenience of having to download a crypto wallet, buy crypto, then figure out how to actually send it for payment for the book. And I still haven’t done so, but once I finish what all I’m reading now, this is next on the list.

Just the inconvenience of having to download a crypto wallet, buy crypto, then figure out how to actually send it for payment for the book. And I still haven’t done so, but once I finish what all I’m reading now, this is next on the list.

That was a first for me - tried Goodreads and it came up, but noting available on each of their dropdowns, nothing used either, just crypto like you said. I'd be lost trying to make the purchase crypto-wise. Good luck.

Make-A-Video: AI system that generates videos from text

I'm stunned how programmers managed to "learn" computers, the link between images and sentences. The computer doesn't understand what you ask him, it's only that a lot of images had been tagged before by humans with the right description. It was a tremendous effort and now computers can "understand" what images appears in videos too, extract requested parts and mix several ones into an "original" one.

DARPA is developing AI that can analyze and cross-reference the lingustic patterns of anonymous posters to identify them. Conversely, they will be using the same technology to disguise authorship and improve the linguistic intelligence of bots. They say the project is being used to identify foreign operatives or other “counterintelligence risk,” as well as to “protector authors whose writing may endanger them.” Seems like they’re really trying to soup up internet suppression and enhance the anonymity of fifth column journalists and subversives in service of the empire. The project is expected to wrap up in three o and a half years, after which it will be rolled out to other government agencies.

Just a note that I merged a bunch of AI-related threads under this one, so that it's all together and easier to find.

This is an interesting - 16 min - video on some of the latest news on AI development:

Back
Top Bottom