Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

330138074_1158187401525358_2264150304079591395_n.jpg

Magestic Park Central, in China.

This is the highest bridge in the world, the "Bridge of Immortals;"...

....it's located on the Yellow Mountain in China, known as Huanghsan.

The bridge has been drilled through the steep granite mountain from both sides, without apparently no technology. The way to the top of this mountain is not easy at all. Many steep cliffs, steps, and even additional side paths made of planks await you.

The real question is how did they build it thousands of years ago without any electric tools?

-5978737915511027611_121.jpg

www....No tree climbing when you were little?
O lord, yes I was a demon, a constant worry for my grandmother who raised me. Climbing stone walls were my downfall. I've still got the scars!!!! The higher I went on trees the more the foliage hid the floor so I was o.k. I used it all the time to hide from my big brother, who incidentally, fell and broke one of his front teeth. I never fell thankfully from tree or wall but many a time i slide off a hay-stack. Rough and undignified but no one saw me. One is very self conscious at 7/8. :lol:

In Greek mythology, Laocoon "the one who understands the people", is one of the protagonists of the Trojan horse episode.

Very dramatic sculpture. There is more on it here:

In the most famous version of the story, as told by Virgil (70-19 BCE) in his Aeneid, Laocoön had warned his fellow citizens against the Greeks “even if they bear gifts,” and had tried to expose the true nature of the wooden horse by striking it with a spear (the wooden horse in question, of course, being the notorious “Trojan Horse”, left by the Greek forces on the coast so as to provide access into the city to the troops hidden inside the construction). When later two serpents emerged from the sea to kill the priest and his sons, the Trojans interpreted their horrific deaths as an act of divine retribution and promptly decided to move the wooden horse into the city, believing the contraption to be an offering to Minerva (Athena).

Here is a fresco of same:

A fresco depicting the Laocoön story in the Casa del Menandro, Pompeii. (Wikimedia CC BY-SA 3.0)

11790.jpg

Qui va aller chercher le pain..
Qui ira chercher le pain.

Lieux abandonnés
@Abandonesplace
FpGrFV2agAAikkE

Qui va aller cherche le pain ?
Who's going to get the bread?
No wheat field, no bread. :-P

This amazing place is the Sumela Monastery in Turkey and it is not really abandoned. It is located at an altitude of about 1,200 m (3,900 ft), overlooking much of the surrounding alpine landscape, and would have been founded during the year 386. Since 2000, the Turkish government has been undertaking the necessary work to restore the site, which has become a tourist attraction. So, plenty of people enter that beauty.

a27d24_a86c8938eabe4537ba1b754396fe6311~mv2.jpg

Sumela_Showing_Location.JPG

Hereafter is one of the frescoes recently discovered inside. See the whole gallery on Wikipedia.

Fresco_in_Sumela_monestary.jpg

Back
Top Bottom