Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

Du marbre ciselé ! Cette statue, en provenance de Rome, représente Maria Duglioli Barberini (1599-1621) et peut s’admirer au Louvre, au département des Sculptures du Moyen Age, de la Renaissance et des temps modernes.Travailler le marbre avec autant de finesse c'est absolument sublime ! Sculpteur : Giuliano Finelli (1626)

Chiseled marble! This statue, from Rome, represents Maria Duglioli Barberini (1599-1621) and can be admired at the Louvre, in the department of Sculptures of the Middle Ages, Renaissance and modern times. Working marble with such finesse is is absolutely sublime! Sculptor: Giuliano Finelli (1626)

1694881883561.jpeg

La superbe "fontaine des ballerines" réalisée par l’artiste sculptrice polonaise Malgorzata Chodakowksa. C'est l'eau qui, lorsqu'elle s'écoule, crée les robes des danseuses. Elle est située dans la ville de Suzhou en Chine. Vraiment magnifique !

The superb “ballerina fountain” created by the Polish sculptor Malgorzata Chodakowksa. It is the water which, when it flows, creates the dancers' dresses. It is located in the city of Suzhou in China. Really beautiful !
1694882962084.jpeg

Emile Friant. (1863-1932)

"La douleur" (Sorrow), 1898

I first saw this painting in a film, but I can't remember which one. The woman in the film went to a museum and looked at this painting, which I think represented her own pain. I found this painting extraordinary and I imagined the story of a mother who has just lost her child, a soldier in the war. Everyone looking at this painting can imagine a life, lives, a novel, a saga. Just life!

1695335147660.png

Emile Friant. (1863-1932)

"La douleur" (Sorrow), 1898

I first saw this painting in a film, but I can't remember which one. The woman in the film went to a museum and looked at this painting, which I think represented her own pain. I found this painting extraordinary and I imagined the story of a mother who has just lost her child, a soldier in the war. Everyone looking at this painting can imagine a life, lives, a novel, a saga. Just life!

View attachment 82027

have you noticed? the women suffer, the men look away...

have you noticed? the women suffer, the men look away...
Interesting remark. I just was recently in June at the very traditional catholic funeral of my grandmother who was 103, and the same image. It is part of our village's tradition to be like that. At the funeral of his father, my father, who was at that time 15th, was suffering so badly that everyone remembers that to this day. It was never said loudly, but everyone kind of took it as a sign of his weakness … but he was just a kid.

Back
Top Bottom