"Big One" 8.2 to destroy San Francisco imminent?

For those into Remote Viewing this fellow seem to be rather anxious about the Big One finally hitting the West Coast and taking out San Francisco

Hard to miss this headline - interested to know where he got the pics
http:(2slsh)briansprediction.com/

Here's the specific link
http:(2slsh)briansprediction.com/pri/remote013.htm

Another dream states that tons of gold will be found underneath the city after the earthquake.

I recall hearing last year around the time of Katrina that there were 3 likely disaster scenaios that would hit the US. The first was a terrorist attack on the East Coast, the second a hurricane devastating New Orleans and the third was a massiv earthquake devastating the West Coast. Will this trifecta be hit?

"Please take these predictions very seriously as I have correctly predicted events 1-4 with 100% accuracy, to include time, place and magnitude, not to mention the 106 correct earthquake predictions I have had in the past 19 months. THESE EVENTS WILL HAPPEN...DO NOT BE SCARED..."

If these events don't happen he will be discredited, won't he? Hmm. I think this guy means well, he obviously really trusts his ability (and that he has one). But I think he is very vunerable to manipulation. I think he should calm down and be a bit more careful with what he says.

For example, the "cross" in the hand, looks to me like JPEG compression. Something isn't right there, IMO.

Eh. Every small quake like that (Richter is a log scale, so anything under 5 isn't anything to get excited about) decreases the odds of a big one. Really the best outcome is to have a whole string of 4's, instead of having all the energy released in a big 8.

There's nothing but probabilities in the future. It's all just odds. You can't say anything's going to happen with 100% certainty. I'd take someone more seriously, if they gave a probability distribution for an event occurring. But that takes the drama out of the whole thing, doesn't it?

John Chang said:
Eh. Every small quake like that (Richter is a log scale, so anything under 5 isn't anything to get excited about) decreases the odds of a big one. Really the best outcome is to have a whole string of 4's, instead of having all the energy released in a big 8.
According to the USGS, it would take many, many small quakes to release the energy equivalent to a large quake:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learning/faq.php?categoryID=6&faqID=108

I guess in your example it would take 10,000 4's for every 8 event, which would take a while. Even taking into consideration that there will be a range of different magnitude earthquakes releasing energy, the big release is still necessary.

"One of the models for earthquake nucleation is that a big earthquake is just a little earthquake that runs away. If you start nucleating, like we did in Hawaii, an extra 25 or 30 events per day, one of those does have the potential to grow into a bigger event. So one of those small ones, instead of stopping at a M2, could keep going."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060706100045.htm

OM81 said:
Another dream states that tons of gold will be found underneath the city after the earthquake.
I guess this is what the guy is saying? Very interesting. Cs said some similar things way back when:

December 3, 1994

More California seismic
activity after 1st of year: San Diego, San Bernardino,
North Bakersfield, Barstow: all are fracture points.
Hollister, Palo Alto, Imperial, Ukiah, Eureka, Point
Mendocino, Monterrey, Offshore San Luis Obispo,
Capistrano, Carmel: these are all stress points of
fracture in sequence. "Time" is indefinite. Expect
gradual destruction of California economy as people begin
mass exodus. Also, Shasta erupts; Lassen activity. Ocean
floor begins to subside. ....

Gas explosions this winter in NE United States, Texas and other.
Supernova and unusual weather all over. Memphis feels tremors.
Minneapolis banking scandal relates to mysterious Nordic covenant.
Evangelical sexual tryst exposed. Gold is discovered in California
after one of the quakes.
I'm assuming that these were all just probabilities and no specific year was given. However, the fly in the ointment was the prediction about Princess Diana... that there would be a "suicide attempt." Well, since she is dead, she obviously took a different reality branch (or the rest of us did), though it has been revealed since her death that there were a couple of faux suicide attempts...

Nevertheless, I find it interesting that the Cs talked about a series of earthquakes as "stress points" of a fracture and that they would occur in sequence; then, the discovery of gold.

I concur with the Earth Quake hitting the West Coast. I believe it is going to exceed 8+ and the epicentre will not be in San Fran but closer to San Diego. That's my 2c worth but probably my crazy imaginings :S
If you are interested I also believe this will transpire within the next 3-4 months. Has anyone else notcied the unusual "pause" in geological activity over recent days? May be just me but the tremors and quakes appear to be less frequent than normal?
I have also been asking for and compiling data on strange animal behaviour. An interesting recurrance is that of ants in Australia leaving thier burrows on mass... Is this due to lack of water of an early warning? I am not sure... Could also be simply an ant problem in Australia lol

Laura said:
. Memphis feels tremors.
Minneapolis banking scandal relates to mysterious Nordic covenant.
Evangelical sexual tryst exposed. Gold is discovered in California
after one of the quakes.
I find it interesting about the evangelical sexual tryst considering

President of National Association of Evangelicals accused of 3-year sexual relationship with gay hooker, and of taking drugs http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061102/ap_on_re_us/haggard_sex_allegations.

This is someone times listed as one of the most influential americans a year or so ago.
He had Bush's ear even

If you read the webbot stuff from halfpasthuman, they are looking at the possibility of an event or earthquake in the western US or west coast of the Americas in the near future and have mentioned the discovery of gold in Cali in numerous runs. Who knows?

Predicting earthquakes is proven to be virtualy impossible at least with an accuracy. Yes they can give time frames and experted magnitudes basis past activity etc but always they are giving estimates that can cover whole decades. An example is San Andreas fall for which we hear various predictions since i donot know when, i am sure i hear them for the last 10 years or so... Coming from greece and having lived through all the big ones (over 6 on the richter scale) that happened in athens and having followed the claims of few that said that they have 'predicted' them my opinion is that anybody giving such precise preditions with accuracy it is either a genius undiscovered or a charlatan looking for attention. Time will tell for sure. One thing is sure, that if it happens i would not like to be there when it does.... The feeling is horrific as you realise that there is nothing you can do when it happens, apart of diving under a desk and hope..

I can't find a date for his prediction. I just find this:

MAP EVENT LOCATIONS

Location 1) Indonesia 6.2 [CONFIRMED BY USGS 3.31.2006 21:17 UTC]

Location 2) Japan 5.9 [CONFIRMED BY USGS 4.10.2006 11:25 UTC]

Location 3) Russia 6.3 [CONFIRMED BY USGS 4.12.2006 1:06 UTC]

Location 4) Alaska 6.4 [CONFIRMED BY USGS 5.10.2006]

PRE-EVENT QUAKE 4.7 [ CONFIRMED BY USGS 6.15.2006 12:24 UTC]

PRE-EVENT QUAKE #2 4.3 [CONFIRMED BY USGS 8.2.2006, DETAILS HERE]

Location VR1) Mount St Helens, Washington USA [EVENT PENDING]

Location 5) California 8.2 [EVENT PENDING]

Location 5.5) California 7.9 [EVENT PENDING]

Location 6) Australia 7.5 [EVENT PENDING]
He also writes:

► 10/21/2006: A magnitude 3.5 earthquake hit location VR01 today.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

I have being doing a little research that past several days regarding the history of earthquakes in California and events leading up to major quakes, and I found one startling clue...all major quakes near the Hawaiian islands were followed by even larger earthquakes in California...for example...

The earthquake that hit Hawaii on October 15th, 2006 was a magnitude of 6.6, which is very rare for the area, in fact the last earthquake I could find even close to this was on July 25, 1989, and it had a magnitude of 6.1.

And the year 1989 rang a bell...so I did a Google search for 1989 earthquakes, and this was the first return was the 1989 San Francisco Earthquake.

The 1989 quake was a magnitude of 7.1 and happened on October 17th, 1989, just three months after the 6.1 quake in Hawaii.

So if the events in 1989 have anything to do with the pending events in California, San Francisco is in great danger.

According to several dreams and three RV's, I will have a dream that simply states "WARN THEM NOW, 8.2"...I have not yet had this dream, but when I do, I will immediately issue an alert via my free daily newsletter.

► 10/15/2006: If you live along or near the San Andreas Fault Line in California USA, please prepare for a significant earthquake event. For details on how you can stay safe, please visit this website.

► 10/14/2006: I need your help if possible...if anyone can locate some sort of records of earthquake activity that took place on April 17th, 1906 around the San Francisco area, please send it to me. I need to verify a few more details on a dream I had last night, and I believe this information will help me predict the time/date of the upcoming 8.2 event in the area.
And then he has this:

► 10/13/2006: A prediction from a person that knows much more about earthquakes than I do, seems to be saying the same thing, California is in danger.
It's a link to Stan Deyo, the remote viewing fraud.

What evidence do you base this claim on?

eagles fly free said:
Predicting earthquakes is proven to be virtualy impossible at least with an accuracy
Is it because science tells you they can not?
Is it because you have seen no evidence of accurate predictions?

I propose that if it takes a genius to predict an earth quake accurately then we should all look toward some animals as decisively more intelligent than ourselves.
Although skeptics make such ridiculous statements and either can not believe or accuse those that predict these quakes as

eagles fly free said:
charlatan looking for attention
I look forward to the day that the skeptics eat their words and the ground breaking scientists who are looking into the phenomena, rather than talking of the "impossibilities" have my salute as they are the ones that are creating the difference in the world while the skeptics retard and hold us back due to narrow minded opinions and their constant bullying of the people that are making their very world a safer place to live in.
In answer to your accusations of Charlatans I pose this:
Although some predictions may not be accurate and there may be some people basing their predictions on no scientific ground the following links may be of interest to those who say "Accurate earthquake prediction is not possible". I propose that it IS possible and because of attitudes like this we simply have not begun using the possible avenues.

http://en(dot)wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_prediction
http://www(dot)ees.nmt.edu/~davew/rweb/eqpaper2.htm
http://www(dot)drgeorgepc.com/EarthquakePredictionChina.html

No need to continue I guess as you can easily search the facts for yourself :)
No one person lays absolute claim to accurate quake prediction but it looks to me like there are a lot of them doing it?

Perhaps look into the predictions made by an Indian scientist, who's name escapes me at the moment, and the whale beachings prior to the 2004 tsunami in Indonesia...

My point, I guess, is: Saying that something is "impossible" will only serve to make you look intelligent while it is impossible. This comment may make you look less intelligent later when the possibilities are realized....

My dear friend,

I used the word 'impossible' basis the facts known up to now. If there was somebody that have proved that they can predict with accuracy earthquakes i am sure we would have heard about it. At leats in greece that is earthquake striken many times all the 'predictions' seen the light of the news AFTER the event basis messages (telex) they claimed they have send to the ministry of so and so.... highly accurate..... By the way no ministry confirmed the existance of those telexes.. Yes i agree animals have a strange behaviour prior earthquakes and that have been documented all over the world.

Also there are a lot of work done in this respect from many scientists because knowing when such an event will happen will save lots of lives and i do hope they reach somewere soon. I personaly would love to be able not to go through another one in my life time. Especially since the last one i was on the 7th floor of a building about 30 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake (it was a 5.9-6.1, according to what was said).

Regarding your comment 'My point, I guess, is: Saying that something is "impossible" will only serve to make you look intelligent while it is impossible.' i never claimed or tried to sound 'inteligent'. I have nothing to prove to nobody and i take your comment as an insult. If it was not ment to be as such then delete my comment.

PiNgMaSta said:
some animals as decisively more intelligent than ourselves.
Would you be so kind and tell me which animal is "decisively more intelligent than yourself"? Perhaps a rat? But before replying check in the dictionary what is the difference between "intelligence" and "instinct". You see, it is necessry to know the meaning of the words. Otherwise it is easy to get lost and call lies truths etc.

On your web page you wrote:

... In the search of answers I have posted, on many occasions, to forums with my thoughts and have been ridiculed by "intelligent" people whos job I see, as an "intelligent" person, is to aid and assist people in their quest for answers. ...
You see, when you post - you need to be also "intelligent". Otherwise you may not like the what other people are telling you or you may happen get some other surprise.

eagles fly free said:
My dear friend,

I used the word 'impossible' basis the facts known up to now. If there was somebody that have proved that they can predict with accuracy earthquakes i am sure we would have heard about it. At leats in greece that is earthquake striken many times all the 'predictions' seen the light of the news AFTER the event basis messages (telex) they claimed they have send to the ministry of so and so.... highly accurate..... By the way no ministry confirmed the existance of those telexes.. Yes i agree animals have a strange behaviour prior earthquakes and that have been documented all over the world.

Also there are a lot of work done in this respect from many scientists because knowing when such an event will happen will save lots of lives and i do hope they reach somewere soon. I personaly would love to be able not to go through another one in my life time. Especially since the last one i was on the 7th floor of a building about 30 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake (it was a 5.9-6.1, according to what was said).

Regarding your comment 'My point, I guess, is: Saying that something is "impossible" will only serve to make you look intelligent while it is impossible.' i never claimed or tried to sound 'inteligent'. I have nothing to prove to nobody and i take your comment as an insult. If it was not ment to be as such then delete my comment.
The post was not designed as an insult and one would hardly be insulted if the post was not pertinant to them in any way.
Perhaps the wording of my post may have been less verbose had your original post contained hopefull and encouraging words rather than the negative disscouraging appearance of the first.

Back
Top Bottom