BLADE RUNNER 2049 (2017)

Woodsman said:
it failed to deliver the subtle lyrical qualities which made the original film resonate.

Well said, it's here but it's not delivered. I don't know how they work but perhaps they should made working scenes with very few money but soul and then put nice computer pictures on it. Perhaps there's a struggle between STS and STO influences behind the making of each movies and the STS won on this one.

About Rutger Hauer:

Rutger Hauer dead at age 75 after short illness
Dutch film world heartbroken by Rutger Hauer's death

Rutger Hauer, the Netherlands' best known actor, dies at 75 - DutchNews.nl

To my amazement I felt deeply sad after hearing the news of his death as if a personal friend or even a family member had died. Curious !
I surely didn't realize how devoted to his presence I appeared to be. He will be sadly missed. :-(
RIP.

Me too. I feel like a good soul has left the earth plane. Godspeed his valiant soul! A subtle actor, despite characteristic cliches in hollywood films, he did good early work with future Robocop director Paul Verhoeven. Soldier of Orange was a good film. sad to see him go, that's for sure, I really respected him as a performer.

I also felt very sad..... I didn’t realize he had made such an impression on me until he died. It is curious. He could have such a powerful presence in his roles like Blade Runner. I thought he was so handsome in Ladyhawk, I loved that movie. Those amazing BLUE eyes!!! Love you Rutger :love: you’ll be missed.

Last edited:
He always had powerfully strong dynamics on the silver screen. RIP!

RUTGER HAUER exclusive interview @ Weekend Of Hell - BLADE RUNNER - HITCHER - spricht deutsch
Published on Nov 4, 2018 HD
Exclusive interview with Mr. Rutger Hauer at WEEKEND OF HELL in Dortmund, Germany. We are talking about his Career, set memories from the iconic BLADE RUNNER movie and at the end, he speaks german for me. Because he is from the Netherlands and lives very Close to the german border.

In Memoriam: Rutger Hauer
Movie Geeks United! Published on Jul 24, 2019 / 27:41
Acclaimed actor Rutger Hauer passed away at the age of 75 on July 19, 2019. In observance of his passing, here is a replay of our interview with Mr. Hauer from 2008.

About Rutger Hauer:

Rutger Hauer dead at age 75 after short illness
Dutch film world heartbroken by Rutger Hauer's death

Rutger Hauer, the Netherlands' best known actor, dies at 75 - DutchNews.nl

To my amazement I felt deeply sad after hearing the news of his death as if a personal friend or even a family member had died. Curious !
I surely didn't realize how devoted to his presence I appeared to be. He will be sadly missed. :-(
RIP.

Same here. He had a prescence. A movie of his I've watched countless times for some reason is Escape From Sobibor. This movie touches me to the core. I really liked him.

His passing reminds me, albeit to a lesser degree, of the feeling I got at the passing of Yul Brynner in 1985, .....a sadness. I remember I was in primary school at the time and our class teacher, on entering the classroom and out of the blues, informed us that Yul Brynner had passed on. Just felt I'll miss someone I've never even met.

...... I feel like a good soul has left the earth plane. Godspeed his valiant soul! A subtle actor,.....

Rutger, Rest in Peace and Godspeed in your further journey and roles.

The dates are the first thing I noticed. November 2019 was the beginning of the first movie, and in real life it appears that is when the US spread covid to China via Wuhan military games to kick off the shutdown. June 10, 2021, was when the first replicant was born in the second movie, and in real life it might possibly be when the new vaccine species of man was conceived and now about to be born.

Just watched Blade Runner 2049 again last week. I reflected on the concept of a soul and that perhaps sparks of souls inhabit intelligent structures (rather than human beings per se) where then they can slowly start to evolve. The alternative we have to wrestle with is that AI can form a soul, and that has never made sense to me.

In the final scene of BR 2049, Joe dies with the snow falling on him. The snow is a step in progress towards solidification of water. Like the realisation of our souls as described by Mouravieff. Dekard asked him
what am I to you? I.e. Why did you help me? The answer is Joe had finally witnessed a miracle and become aware of the divine consciousness. Then because he was aware, the knowledge he acquired lead him to make choices to serve something greater than himself.
This is all an evolution of where we left off at the end of first Blade Runner and perhaps it was the same soul that then evolved in 2049.

Back
Top Bottom