Blatant Plug For LibreOffice

Patience said:
Well... It is from a very small laptop company called M-tech. The chips you mentioned have all the right specs except the speed. Since they run at half the speed, or frequency, I have no idea if the increased amount of RAM will compensate for that. I am sorry this is so complicated. Also, Let me apologize that I have not exactly been replying quickly. I am in the middle of some killer exams at school and so I am a bit distracted. Again thanks for all the trouble.

Hope the exams go well!
When you get a chance, check out the crucial system scanner here:
_http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/?click=true

It should advice you on compatible ram. Once you've found compatible ram, post up the link(s) and I should be able to check what else is compatible (find cheaper alternatives etc).
Some older PC's/laptops had compatibility issues (RAM was tied to the PC/Laptop so you couldn't use generic brands).

Could you also post up your laptops model number (on the under side), as that will help.

RedFox said:
Patience said:
Well... It is from a very small laptop company called M-tech. The chips you mentioned have all the right specs except the speed. Since they run at half the speed, or frequency, I have no idea if the increased amount of RAM will compensate for that. I am sorry this is so complicated. Also, Let me apologize that I have not exactly been replying quickly. I am in the middle of some killer exams at school and so I am a bit distracted. Again thanks for all the trouble.

Hope the exams go well!
When you get a chance, check out the crucial system scanner here:
_http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/?click=true

It should advice you on compatible ram. Once you've found compatible ram, post up the link(s) and I should be able to check what else is compatible (find cheaper alternatives etc).
Some older PC's/laptops had compatibility issues (RAM was tied to the PC/Laptop so you couldn't use generic brands).

Could you also post up your laptops model number (on the under side), as that will help.

Thanks for taking up my slack Redfox :)

Take your time Patience (pun intended) We can work on this when your exams are over. I might also be able to swap the chips I have with a friend who also has a used part box once we know what's comparable.

Good luck on your exams :grad:

Back
Top Bottom