'Brexit' wins, UK to leave the EU?

Re: Brexit wins, UK to leave the EU

Patience said:
I think the biggest worry for elites is market volatility that they MIGHT not want at the moment.

Maybe the Brexit will be presented as the cause of a coming financial crisis (which is anyway unavoidable) and requires a scapegoat to prevent the 2008 debacle where the real culprits (banks) got partly identified.

The crisis might be bad enough that in a few months the British citizens will beg for staying in the UE.

In any case this is only a consultative referendum. Today, the UK is still part of the EU.

It reminds me of the 2005 referendum about the Lisbon Treaty (European constitution). 55% of the Frenchies voted against it. Several months later, French politicians adopted the treaty!

Pierre said:
Patience said:
I think the biggest worry for elites is market volatility that they MIGHT not want at the moment.

Maybe the Brexit will be presented as the cause of a coming financial crisis (which is anyway unavoidable) and requires a scapegoat to prevent the 2008 debacle where the real culprits (banks) got partly identified.

The crisis might be bad enough that in a few months the British citizens will beg for staying in the UE.

In any case this is only a consultative referendum. Today, the UK is still part of the EU.

It reminds me of the 2005 referendum about the Lisbon Treaty (European constitution). 55% of the Frenchies voted against it. Several months later, French politicians adopted the treaty!

From Global Research
Brexit Referendum Is Non-Binding. UK Parliament Not Voters has Final Say
June 23, 2016
http://www.globalresearch.ca/brexit-referendum-is-non-binding-uk-parliament-not-voter-has-final-say/5532485
Update:
Prime Minister Cameron has announced his resignation effective in October, a new Conservative Prime minister is to appointed following the Conservative Party conference.

Among the contenders for the Conservative Party leadership are former London Mayor Boris Johnson and Justice Secretary Michael Gove, both of whom were firm supporters of the Brexit campaign. Home Secretary Theresa May is also a potential contender.

The implementation of Brexit is in part dependent upon the new leadership of the Conservative Party. There are divisions in both Conservative and opposition parties with regard to Brexit.

At this stage, there is, however, no assurance that the Brexit proposal will be ratified by Parliament. (read Lendman’s analysis below)

Moreover, Cameron’s decision to resign in October contributes to delaying the process.

Michel Chossudovsky. GR Editor, June 24, 2016

All the fuss and bother about Brexit largely ignores its non-binding status – parliament, not voters deciding if Britain stays or leaves the EU, the latter extremely unlikely.

Writing in the Financial Times, British lawyer David Allen Green explained Brexit voting is “advisory,” not “mandatory.” Parliament has final say.

MPs can legally disregard the public’s will either way, they alone empowered to decide the path Britain chooses.

What happens ahead is “a matter of politics not law. It will come down to what is politically expedient and practicable,” said Green.

Various options exist, including supporting Thursday’s outcome, ignoring it, or “re-negotiating another deal and put(ting) that to another referendum” – repeating the process “until voters eventually vote the ‘right’ way,” what’s best for monied interests, not them.

Link for the full Article:

Even if, in the long-term, the UK may stay in some form or another, I should not have made a definite prediction about the referendum result! :-[

So they're going with 'leave'. And now the right-wing British press is 'reporting' how "the contagion" is spreading:

'Czexit, Pexit, Frexit - EU referendum CONTAGION sweeps Europe amid political quake'
_http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/682403/EU-Referendum-Europe-Brexit-euroscepticism

MSM news gives strong impression of "feel sorry for UK" and fear of uncertainty for every body else. Every body knows of the referendum and possibility of Brexit. Why so much sudden drama?. It looks every body got caught pants down suddenly. is it? or they are scaring it to that point of creating self-doubt to return back to EU. As if some thing like switch is turned on, every body seems to have started respecting Brexit and domino effect of disintegration of EU , Irish and Scottish independence. If the PTB wants they can easily create another terror attack to reset it. This is what they do all the time. Entire thing feels strange to me or sort of twilight zone when compared with so much bloodshed happened for integration and separations of the nations.

I'm not surprised. UK was the only state in Europe to have a foot out. They refused the money euro. It's smell bad for the rest of the nations. If the City is out of the EU, we will all be "cyprused" further more.

Like we said, the rats leave the boat !

Windmill knight said:
domi said:
c.a. said:
Financial Hairball that's for sure.

Perhaps somebody really needed to short some stocks and make a gazillion dollars and made sure it swung in the brexit direction?

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. One little country is a pawn on their chessboard.

Here is one possible scenario: The UK government will announce they will be leaving, so they proceed with the negotiations with the EU to replace previous agreements with new ones. That becomes a long, feet-dragging process, long enough to make the British public forget all about it, and to put lots of pressure on the EU itself. Then, after a while, when they extract a few concessions behind doors from the EU representatives, they go back to the UK people and tell them that we should reconsider, cause being in the EU is going to be sweeter than before. There will be some debate and protests, but eventually they will organize a second referendum, and this time it will turn out to be 'remain', whether rigged or not.

In short, basically what Niall proposed in his article: the UK elite using the whole thing as a negotiating tool. Germany is calling the shots of the EU? We can't have that!

Yeah, thats a scenario i was thinking about too - as you mentioned, a long dragged out process, where the whole public is duped again ( i understand that article 50 negotiations take about minimum 2 years!)....another scenario i had in mind is that this could be used as the trigger for economic chaos thats been pending for a while now.....too early to tell now, and we'll have to see how it pans out in the coming weeks. Man, what a global show going on now!

I'm afraid I've little to offer; I'm as confused as everybody else, but there are a couple of things which do sort of stick out...

The thing which stands in my mind is that the EU isn't really worth remaining so tightly partnered with anyway. Many analysts write as though something of value is being chosen to be left behind.

But isn't the global debt balloon so ridiculously large at this point that the whole economic model we've been living under is due to collapse at any moment? Wasn't Greece just among the first inevitable buttons to pop? Yanis Varoufakis described the Euro chiefs as having nothing more than a desperate 3 month plan at any given moment, lunatic policy based on scrambling to borrow against collapse.

If that is so, then perhaps being free of debt obligations under the EU isn't such a bad idea at this point. I don't know if that was the plan, but it seems like a smart hedge for the average Brit on the street. (Or would be if your nation actually produced enough to supply its citizens. When I last looked into it, the UK was importing more food than it was exporting due to catastrophic climate change...)

From 4D, this stuff ought to be apparent. Nima pondered this point earlier:
Nima said:
Personally I like to look at world events in the context of the broader picture of earth changes. IMO all that is happening is about perception management and psychological warfare. I think all of it starting with cold war 2.0, economic war, missile defense programs and the rest have one thing in common; preparation and distraction of the general public.

If you pay attention most countries are all quietly doing something along these lines. As we all know, space rocks, weather changes, animal die offs and sink holes are exponentially increasing. Also from my understanding technologically we are in the midst of the realm crossing into 4D. I mean everyday there is another fundamental scientific “discovery” introduced that is game changing. Sure the minions might be running around not knowing the true picture, but that’s how the illusion works best.

As Laura always reminds us the Victor Clube quote:

"We do not need the celestial threat to disguise Cold War intentions; rather we need the Cold War to disguise celestial intentions!"

So IMO this Brit exit is another distraction for the ptb minions and the general public. The more unexpected and chaotic the better from the ptb perspective.

Psychopaths aren't good at grasping the whole action/consequence thing, so it is possible that the UK elites weren't expecting this, really do believe that the party will never end and did indeed (and perhaps still) intend to use Brexit as a form of manipulation without really meaning to leave the EU. It might be that the public simply showed more spirit than was predicted.

And.., it might also be that this will serve as the first hint that the banking class isn't quite so favored by 4D after all; that when it burns, it ALL burns.

I am reminded of the game John Nash and his crew of theorists came up with: "So Long Sucker". -Play along until it's time to back stab your allies for the win.

The question is... Who is stabbing who?

Niall said:
Even if, in the long-term, the UK may stay in some form or another, I should not have made a definite prediction about the referendum result! :-[

Maybe the vote went the way it did to discredit SoTT. Or maybe not. Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Niall said:

So they're going with 'leave'. And now the right-wing British press is 'reporting' how "the contagion" is spreading:

'Czexit, Pexit, Frexit - EU referendum CONTAGION sweeps Europe amid political quake'
_http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/682403/EU-Referendum-Europe-Brexit-euroscepticism

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." :P

And seriously, I think that it will take a long time for the UK to really leave the EU. In the meantime Lord Mucks of the EU will be kicking and disciminating the UK in one form or another, treating them like 'a third party' to show other countries that it's not a good idea to follow the UK example...But in a long run it will not help I guess. The EU is doomed to collapse...

I think that people are so fed-up that they will not easily forget about this referendum. Several things might be put in place to counter any rebellion. Or perhaps the Brexit doesn't necessarily contradict the agenda du jour.

Either or, this event may have triggered an unexpected domino effect.

Kasia said:
Niall said:

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." :P

And seriously, I think that it will take a long time for the UK to really leave the EU. In the meantime Lord Mucks of the EU will be kicking and discriminating the UK in one form or another, treating them like 'a third party' to show other countries that it's not a good idea to follow the UK example...But in a long run it will not help I guess. The EU is doomed to collapse...

I agree, prediction is difficult, however since Robert K. Merton introduced the focus groups, the result of both US and UK elections have been pretty predictable. In this case UK citizenry, as most representative establishment wise (conservative, stable and politically educated) has been selected to provide the 'degree of social satisfaction'. Bad fish! The focus group gave the wrong answer. That's why the PM metaphorically offered his resignation. What is more interesting for me is why he proposed the referendum? Was is because in the context of the introduction of the REMINBI in the SDR basket UK was pressured to adopt the Euro? I think the answer is hidden in the percentages. Indeed, October looks like an interesting month to watch.

Cheers

MK Scarlett said:
I do not know if this has any relevant explanation, but my husband said two days ago that maybe, the Empire was working to make of Britain his 51th State... I know, this seems pretty crazy or even stupid, but I'm wondering if this has not been one of the point of this Brexit.

[...]

Should this idea be a way we would have missed? :huh:

I don't think it's very possible scenario in literal terms, but as some pointed out, Brexit might give opportunity to push TTIP and other deals that would increase their control from UK, if Britain's economy will dive. So in a more symbolic way it might be true. Although at this moment the whole EU, -being the vassal it is- is not too far away of being a 51th state in that sense.

Gaby said:
Either or, this event may have triggered an unexpected domino effect.

Yeah. Since psychopaths are ultimately blinded by their own wishful thinking, there's usually unwanted consequences caused by their greed.

Max Keiser from the RT show, says the vote could trigger systemic collapse: _https://www.rt.com/news/348307-keiser-brexit-systemic-collapse/

All the pieces are in place for a systemic collapse greater than the financial crash of 2008 in the wake of Brexit, warns Max Keiser.

The economist told RT that we are now faced with the possibility of contagion, similar to the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008, which triggered a global credit crisis.

“We’ve seen markets sell off and we’ve seen marking down of assets on books, we haven’t yet seen the big margin selling that will come in soon, I’m sure there will be some hedge funds that will declare bankruptcy. There are going to be some add on effects that could start to gather some momentum.”

The question is: “Can the Central Banks once again ride to the rescue and save the global economy by printing money?”

He remarked on the possible consequences of the soaring of the Japanese yen which reached an almost two-and-a-half year high Friday after news of the Brexit decision broke.

“If the Yen is rising it shows that that game which has been successful for 20 or 25 years might be over, in which case we're talking about a systemic collapse bigger than 2008 and it’s right on time.”

He says this is no surprise considering there has been no meaningful economic reform since 2008 just “more credit pumped into the system by more irresponsible corrupt central bankers”.

READ MORE: Dow plunges 600+ points following historic Brexit vote

Keiser said it was important to note when discussing the financial fallout of the Brexit vote that the Central Banks have already committed billions to keep these markets going.

“A lot of time bad news stimulates central banks to print money and then the whole charade continues on.”

Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has said it is ready to inject £250 billion (US$342 billion) into the economy to keep it afloat.

Keiser told RT this ‘uncollateralized’ money comes from Carney’s “magic bag of pixie dust” and is part of a financially-engineered class war,
coordinated by the Central Banks where in the UK Carney is “class warrior in chief.”

He believes all fiat currencies around the world will face more pressure as gold regains its place in a bull market while bitcoin, which is also in a bull market, will put pressure on governments to mandate economic policy as people look to the exclusive use of the cryptocurrency.

Windmill knight said:
domi said:
c.a. said:
Financial Hairball that's for sure.

Perhaps somebody really needed to short some stocks and make a gazillion dollars and made sure it swung in the brexit direction?

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. One little country is a pawn on their chessboard.

Here is one possible scenario: The UK government will announce they will be leaving, so they proceed with the negotiations with the EU to replace previous agreements with new ones. That becomes a long, feet-dragging process, long enough to make the British public forget all about it, and to put lots of pressure on the EU itself. Then, after a while, when they extract a few concessions behind doors from the EU representatives, they go back to the UK people and tell them that we should reconsider, cause being in the EU is going to be sweeter than before. There will be some debate and protests, but eventually they will organize a second referendum, and this time it will turn out to be 'remain', whether rigged or not.

In short, basically what Niall proposed in his article: the UK elite using the whole thing as a negotiating tool. Germany is calling the shots of the EU? We can't have that!
I agree with Windmill knight, that, eventually, the UK will remain in the EU, and in the process the TPTBs, big banks, investors, etc, will have made a killing from both of the decisions.

Or, thinking obliquely, was the 'vote decision' a way of disposing of Cameron?

Niall said:

I dunno, Niall, I think that, other than the headline, your article is still 100% relevant. And even while the headline is declarative, it doesn't actually state for sure the result of the vote, only what will result overall (ie. just because the vote was in favour of a Brexit, that really doesn't mean it's going to happen for sure).

I think this statement in particular, is still quite apt:
The only thing I can deduce is that they have no intention whatsoever of leaving Europe. The referendum isn't what matters here. What matters is the threat of a possible Brexit, which has generated direct and indirect effects on politics in Paris, Brussels, Berlin and beyond.

and this:
The charade that is 'Brexit' is British 'balance-of-power' politics in action (although today the strategy is used to maintain 'Pax Americana' rather than British imperial hegemony). 'Brexit' is part of the Western order's hybrid warfare, something they love accusing Russia of, but at which they in fact excel. Together with the phony War on of Terror, the manipulation of international capital flows, the saturation of media with lies, the manipulation of the refugee crisis, and outright military warfare through NATO, 'Brexit' is a campaign conducted by the British/Western elites to ensure that the "Anglo-Saxon world" retains a controlling interest in the process of European integration.

I think it's still a great and relevant article :)

Back
Top Bottom