Can someone point me to a reference please?

tridean

Jedi Master
Hi all,
On this page:
http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/adventureindex.htm

it says that the human potential movement started around 47-48, yet when I searched on it, I got more info saying it started in the 60's and a little less in the late 50's.

Could someone please point me to some material that shows that it did indeed start in the 47-48 time

Many thanks
Dean

Hi Dean,

I didn't see where it was stated that the human potential movement started in '47-'48. There was a passage from Richard Dolan's book, UFOs and the National Security State which included dates ranging from '47-'66. On that time frame Laura wrote, "It was at this precise moment in time that the Human Potential movement was “born.”" Is that what you're referring? If you're interested, I'm sure Dolan's book would be helpful in understanding this.

One of the organizations of the Human Potential Movement, the Silva Mind Control Method (later shortened to the Silva Method...I guess the first name was too close to home), was developed in the '40 and released in the 60's. I think it's fair to say there is usually an incubation period for these things before they're released on the public, which would make it accurate to say the HPM was born in the late '40's and '50's.

Hi Los,
Thanks for that. I did suspect that maybe I was taking that line as being too directly related to the last paragraph of Dolans

Let us pause to assess the situation. By the mid-1940s, America’s intelligence apparatus had reason to believe that there were artifacts in the skies that did not originate from America, Russia, Germany, or any other country. These objects violated some highly sensitive military airspace, and did not appear to be natural phenomena. One may presume that the affected national security authorities made it an immediate obsession to determine the nature and purpose of these objects, and we may infer that the issue probably became a deep secret by 1946, or 1947 at the latest.[8]

It was at this precise moment in time that the Human Potential movement was “born.”

Yes, I guess one day I'll get to Dolan's book, I'll just add it to the already large list :lol:

Back
Top Bottom