CANCELLED - Feb. 10th 2013: Hysterical America: Terrorized by Guns and Tobacco

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
SHOW CANCELLED DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!

Hysterical America: Terrorized by Guns and Tobacco

Fear is a perfectly healthy and normal human response that comes in handy when reading the environment for clues and successfully navigating reality. But just casting an eye over some of the crazy stories making the news these days, it’s clear that as a society our fear response is completely out of whack with reality.

Reports this week from the U.S. about a ten year old Alexandria boy being arrested and taken into custody for bringing a toy gun to school, a Philadelphia fifth-grader threatened with same for making a ‘paper gun’ in class, a whole school into full panic station mode because a 12-year-old student in the Bronx was overheard talking about his toy gun, and a 7-year-old suspended from his Denver school for throwing an ‘imaginary grenade’ during class recess are but a tiny sample of hysterical reactions to non-existent threats that indicate society is seriously on edge.

These over-the-top reactions in turn cause real trauma and fear-based responses. As one commentator put it, “administrators are terrorizing and traumatizing students because of a national media panic and their own incompetence.” It’s not just happening in schools; it’s happening all across society. We’ve come to accept that smoking is banned on all commercial aircraft, but does that make it in any way reasonable? Smoking is now banned in many public places, ‘mandatory licenses’ for smoking are under consideration and ‘Obamacare’ and other legislation will covertly and heavily penalise smokers.

Why is it that society has quietly surrendered its rights, one step at a time? The authorities tell us it is to protect us from the scourge of terrorism, guns and tobacco. Then why is it that the more heavily they clamp down on these ‘evils’, the more hysterical and terrified people become? With people feeling less safe, less secure and more stressed than ever, it seems that the very things the authorities claim to be doing ‘for the good of all’ are in fact detrimental to all.

Jason Martin and Laura Knight-Jadczyk will be joining us for another lively discussion this week. We also want to hear from YOU about your ‘Twilight Zone’ experiences and your take on TSA ‘pat-downs’, government overreach and general societal madness.

We go live on air this Sunday February 10th 2013, from 7-9pm UTC (11am-1pm PST, 2-4pm EST, and 8-10pm CET), so join us then!

Re: Show #4, Feb. 10th 2013: Hysterical America: Terrorized by Guns and Tobacco

I’m looking forward to the show as well. A related yet different side of the coin that maybe should be a different show is that a person paying attention to the steps the government is taking (drones, NDAA, spying etc) is going to be in a state of fear of their government and the future where it looks like a replay Nazi Germany happening centered in the US. I know recently I’ve thought about stopping posting on FB, etc the many things I have been posting (probably too late though) from SOTT and other sites due to how things are shaping up. So you have the fear described above by kniall and then you have a different side of fear that an aware individual is experiencing.

Bear said:
I’m looking forward to the show as well. A related yet different side of the coin that maybe should be a different show is that a person paying attention to the steps the government is taking (drones, NDAA, spying etc) is going to be in a state of fear of their government and the future where it looks like a replay Nazi Germany happening centered in the US. I know recently I’ve thought about stopping posting on FB, etc the many things I have been posting (probably too late though) from SOTT and other sites due to how things are shaping up. So you have the fear described above by kniall and then you have a different side of fear that an aware individual is experiencing.

Well, hopefully, you'll call in and remind us of this aspect!

I'm looking forward to it too!

Kniall said:
Why is it that society has quietly surrendered its rights, one step at a time? The authorities tell us it is to protect us from the scourge of terrorism, guns and tobacco. Then why is it that the more heavily they clamp down on these ‘evils’, the more hysterical and terrified people become? With people feeling less safe, less secure and more stressed than ever, it seems that the very things the authorities claim to be doing ‘for the good of all’ are in fact detrimental to all.

That's a question I'm wondering myself since a longer time. Maybe it is cause of business, sustaining a normal life style or to be able to survive and stress as well and not to be bothered with other things.

Laura said:
Bear said:

I have the show on my calender and will be listening, so I'll plan to call.

On a side note I experienced some technical difficulties the last two shows where the stream of the show stopped multiple times and I had to keep refreshing the webpage to get the live feed to re-connect. Not sure what the issue is since my internet connection seemed fine.

Bear said:
Laura said:
Bear said:

I have the show on my calender and will be listening, so I'll plan to call.

On a side note I experienced some technical difficulties the last two shows where the stream of the show stopped multiple times and I had to keep refreshing the webpage to get the live feed to re-connect. Not sure what the issue is since my internet connection seemed fine.

I had this happening to me on the first and second show, but the third show was fine for me. I just thought I'd add this to what happened to you.

This is going to be very interesting, for sure! :whlchair:

Bear said:

I echo your sentiments and thoughts, Bear.

I have also thought of refraining from posting on Facebook, but then again it wouldn't be of any use. I have posted all kinds of things all over the place these past few years, so why stop now? Only because of fear, OSIT. It is a trap, when these feelings of fear are not healthy and do not come in handy "when reading the environment for clues", as Kniall wrote.

I often find it hard to distinguish between the two. When am I afraid in a healthy manner and when am I caught in this fear trap, stifling my movements and creative thinking?
And indeed I am very wary of my government and the American government. The present and future do look like a replay of Nazi Germany.
So, what do we do with our fears?

Looking very much forward to the show. It is like a beacon.

Mariama said:

Defy them.

If I refrain from posting something because I fear future fascist actions, I'm just plainly not true to myself - to that part of me that matters. And surviving without being true to the potential real self is useless, anyway.

So there is nothing to lose. Literally nothing.

Kniall said:
Jason Martin and Laura Knight-Jadczyk will be joining us for another lively discussion this week. We also want to hear from YOU about your ‘Twilight Zone’ experiences and your take on TSA ‘pat-downs’, government overreach and general societal madness.

We go live on air this Sunday February 10th 2013, from 7-9pm UTC (11am-1pm PST, 2-4pm EST, and 8-10pm CET), so join us then!

Might not be able to catch it live Sunday and thought to add an experience. The part in bold above reminded me of an experience with TSA (here they are called CATSA). At major airports, have never been asked to be "scanned" and regardless, would refuse. Have been patted down, usually because i've left metal coins in my pocket or perhaps from it just being a random check. With blue cloves on they run through what they will do with their hands, and cynically in my mind, i wander over the process while they carry out their personal assault.

On one occasion, a roughly 2.5 inch adjustable crescent wrench (very small) was taken out of my bag, and was then told that this could not go on the plane. I asked them what was wrong with it, it surely is not dangerous. Asked if there was a problem with people trying to unbolt planes from the inside out - of course this got a shrug (it must of been on some invisible list) and they asked if i would like to go outside security, back to the airline check-in and have them bag it and send it through - ridiculous of course. Now not soon after, another check found (had forgotten it) what is called an 'Increment Borer', which was pulled from a cruising vest zipper pocket. The borer is approximately 18 inches, and is a hard steel hollow cylinder (just > 1/2 inch diameter). The ends unscrew to revel a very sharp long serrated cupped blade with an additional steel corkscrew metal insert (the device is used to take tree core samples). Anyway, they pulled it out, asked me what it was, which i then described. They passed it around to each other with inquisitive expressions, discussing it between themselves and finally, not knowing what to do, just put it back and said have a nice day. Of course i was juxtaposing the two incidents and items against each other in utter amazement and became more convinced this charade was just that, control, harassment and targeting/profiling. And as we've learned, there is stealing, sexual harassing of all kinds, toxic scanning, authoritative power resulting in detentions and fear, lots of fear, equating to a conditioned obedient populace - along with high profits for the corporate gangs of course.

Can’t help to think though, of so many people all lined up just trying to get from A to B, a great many are silently suffering, thinking their thoughts, being angry at what they have to endure and like me, submit (under mental protest) to get to where we have to go. If the whole airport, ever line at every plane, suddenly erupted together with people saying, no, we are not going to take this any longer, and in the next airport and the next, well that would be interesting.

Have a great radio show.

Psalehesost said:
Mariama said:

Defy them.

If I refrain from posting something because I fear future fascist actions, I'm just plainly not true to myself - to that part of me that matters. And surviving without being true to the potential real self is useless, anyway.

A slight nuance here: there is everthing to lose (by not being true to yourself).

I have really awakened to the matrix around 2007, and from that point on clearly marked myself as an anarchist/libertarian on many forums, news websites and other communities. (These are just labels but come close to my political affiliations).

By 2010 I understood very well the implications of the total scientific dictatorship that is being, and has been implement to a large extent. It was only natural that I started having doubts about the wisdom of pointing myself out as an enemy of that order.

But as a geek with much background in informatics/systemic analysis it was obvious that there was no turning back. Archives of the internet are set aside on a continual basis. Supercomputers can now cross-correlate meta-information (browsing, mouse and semantics patterns, etc) with all the online information to map out the social network of most active internet users, and identify alternate personas belonging to individual nodes, so that even anonymity/aliases no longer provide shelter against supra-human analytical skills.

And then according to the C's, 4th density instantly know.about all your inner states. As if that was even needed anymore.

So in such a state of transparence, there is no point to refrain from being oneself as a preservation mechanism. Many will rather radicalize, once they understand the freedom allowed by the fact that one has already been permanently labelled. I did radicalize for a while too, although I now prefer to fine-tune my outputs for maximal communication efficiency adapted to the needs and background of the receiver.

United Gnosis said:
Psalehesost said:
Mariama said:

Defy them.

A slight nuance here: there is everthing to lose (by not being true to yourself).

I have really awakened to the matrix around 2007, and from that point on clearly marked myself as an anarchist/libertarian on many forums, news websites and other communities. (These are just labels but come close to my political affiliations).

By 2010 I understood very well the implications of the total scientific dictatorship that is being, and has been implement to a large extent. It was only natural that I started having doubts about the wisdom of pointing myself out as an enemy of that order.

But as a geek with much background in informatics/systemic analysis it was obvious that there was no turning back. Archives of the internet are set aside on a continual basis. Supercomputers can now cross-correlate meta-information (browsing, mouse and semantics patterns, etc) with all the online information to map out the social network of most active internet users, and identify alternate personas belonging to individual nodes, so that even anonymity/aliases no longer provide shelter against supra-human analytical skills.

And then according to the C's, 4th density instantly know.about all your inner states. As if that was even needed anymore.

So in such a state of transparence, there is no point to refrain from being oneself as a preservation mechanism. Many will rather radicalize, once they understand the freedom allowed by the fact that one has already been permanently labelled. I did radicalize for a while too, although I now prefer to fine-tune my outputs for maximal communication efficiency adapted to the needs and background of the receiver.

I agree with both of you. But I do recognise Bear's thoughts.

I have had dealings with the bureaucracy for a decade now. Up till last year I was always compliant in a sense, although they didn't think so. ;) And I was afraid and very stressed, thinking about what could go wrong. When I pushed away these fears (it felt like literally pushing myself to say what I had to say) or defied them, as Psalehesost said, I could finally express myself the way I wanted to, despite possible retribution. It was an eye-opening moment for me.

Just a note that the show's on:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sottnet/2013/02/10/hysterical-america-terrorized-by-guns-and-tobacco

I heard the music and Laura's recorded intro, but now, nothing!

Back
Top Bottom