Caricature of Love

Cleckley details the horror and disgust I felt reading Allen Ginsberg’s famous poem Howl. It’s really over the top, and how anyone could ever view it as “Art” is beyond me.

It takes a lot for someone to face that disgust unflinchingly and then elaborate why they feel that way. This book can really purge out some of the last demons residing inside along with the programming we all received simply by being born.

Albert Camus said that every authentic work of art is a gift offered to the future. While Cleckley’s book isn’t necessarily “art” in our modern sense, it’s certainly a gift to anyone who can work their way through it. Thanks to everyone who’s recommended reading it.

I didn’t really know where to post this but it’s been something I’ve thought about. I didn’t join a frat, mainly because I felt it was an altogether degrading experience, had a few friends at the time who did and heard about some of the stuff that went on. Perhaps it’s appropriate to be here because Cleckley discusses homosexuality so much in his book and certainly frats enforce sexual dominance roles as opposed to a genuinely loving couple.

This is the light stuff. it’s a fair argument that the rituals possibly get more bizarre and depraved as you enter stuff like Skull and Bones, Quill and Dagger or other all male Secret Societies.

Ways society gets ponerized for sure.

Back
Top Bottom