(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
For the next Am-EU meeting reading workshop, we are going to read up to the Chapter 7's subsection of Laura's From Paul to Mark booked called "The Struggle for Paul". This would be up to location 12490 of 19213 in the Kindle version and up to page 394 in the book.

Also we will be starting again in the usual "time" of UTC 16:00/4:00 PM , which is also currently (before the summer) the same as 17:00/5:00 PM UK time.

For the next Am-EU meeting reading workshop, we are going to read up to the Chapter 7's subsection of Laura's From Paul to Mark booked called "The Struggle for Paul". This would be up to location 12490 of 19213 in the Kindle version and up to page 394 in the book.

Also we will be starting again in the usual "time" of UTC 16:00/4:00 PM , which is also currently (before the summer) the same as 17:00/5:00 PM UK time.
Actually 12:00 noon is 16:00 UTC(Greenwich) and therefore the UK time as well (not 17:00)

Actually 12:00 noon is 16:00 UTC(Greenwich) and therefore the UK time as well (not 17:00)
Are you sure? I used a different site at the time of my last post above to check the time conversions, but if you check this one below as well, it looks like what I wrote is correct:

For instance, in the link above, I put a general city in Ontario area, Toronto (same time zone as your city), and set the UTC time to 16:00/4PM, and since you are also in Ontario area, it shows that the UTC time of 12:00 would be same as the Toronto time of 12 PM. So I am not sure what I did wrong using the conversion features on the site, that is if I have made an error. Maybe you can please clarify when you get the chance? Thanks you.

Are you sure? I used a different site at the time of my last post above to check the time conversions, but if you check this one below as well, it looks like what I wrote is correct:

For instance, in the link above, I put a general city in Ontario area, Toronto (same time zone as your city), and set the UTC time to 16:00/4PM, and since you are also in Ontario area, it shows that the UTC time of 12:00 would be same as the Toronto time of 12 PM. So I am not sure what I did wrong using the conversion features on the site, that is if I have made an error. Maybe you can please clarify when you get the chance? Thanks you.
Well I don't know if you made a typo or not, but 12:00 EST (Toronto) can't be the same as 12:00 UTC(Greenwich) as one is in Canada and the other in England. UTC time of 12:00 (noon) can not be 12:00PM (noon) in Toronto as well. 12:00 UTC is 8:00am in Toronto.
4 hours difference.
In the Savvy time convertor, enter the BC time(Vancouver) then enter the ONt time (Toronto) then enter Greenwich time (UK), It will display the time difference between all three locations. I did it now and the times were Vancouver 8PM, Toronto 11PM, Greenwich(UTC) 3AM

Well I don't know if you made a typo or not, but 12:00 EST (Toronto) can't be the same as 12:00 UTC(Greenwich) as one is in Canada and the other in England. UTC time of 12:00 (noon) can not be 12:00PM (noon) in Toronto as well. 12:00 UTC is 8:00am in Toronto.
4 hours difference.
In the Savvy time convertor, enter the BC time(Vancouver) then enter the ONt time (Toronto) then enter Greenwich time (UK), It will display the time difference between all three locations. I did it now and the times were Vancouver 8PM, Toronto 11PM, Greenwich(UTC) 3AM
Oops yes that one was a typo, sorry, but going back to the original post, I still don't see the error I had made. Here is the screenshot of what I am looking at which shows UTC 4PM, or in 24 hour clock, 16:00, is 9 AM Vancouver Time, and 12 PM Toronto time. So basically the same as I originally wrote before with UTC 16:00/4PM.Capture.JPG
"Timing" issue. lol

Oh my apologies Beorn, yes our reading workshop will resume next Saturday. There will be time change and the meeting will be an hour later. I’ll post a message mid week reminding everyone of the time change.

Hi! Just writing to clarify the time of the meeting. Is it still 7 pm GMT+11 or it is 8 pm GMT+11 now? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Below are the links for the recent Aus-Asia-Am group workshop for From Paul to Mark: PaleoChristianity

Here's the video of the last meeting

The audio

And the folder

And the slideshow
(Starts on slide# 188)

We will continue with Chapter 8: Christ Under Caesar up to the top of page 497 (to the end of the Suetonius excerpt) for our meeting next Saturday at 7 pm Sydney time (+10 GMT).

I have started reading the next section and pretty much highlighted every line, so it might be best to savour the Saviour of the World section. How Laura goes about bringing it all together is extraordinary. It's so, so good! :love:

See you all then!

Back
Top Bottom