(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Thank you for creating this opportunity to read, learn and share together! I hope to join as much as possible, next to weekly Prayer meetings and our now weekly German meetings...:-)

About Zoom thats a relevant issue. Does Signal offer group meetings? Unfortunatly I am not a techie to add info.

Hi Logo. Wonderful plan. I'm in (though my tech/PC is about 10 years behind the times so it will be with a wing and a prayer that I manage to join a Zoom session :whlchair:!

:lol: Don't worry, Michael! We can help you to set everything up.

I assume Wave Vol 1?? All 8 volumes in one go would be an interesting conversation starter! :dance:

Of course! What did you expect? We are planning on reading all 8 volumes in one month, so train your eyes and prepare your noodle for some SERIOUS speed reading :cool2: ... Or, maybe, just maybe, we can read one volume a month, I mean, just for the sake of deep thoughtfulness :-D

Joking apart, we are planning to read one volume a month, but we can change the time depending on the book. For example, The Wave Vol. 5/6 is a big book and it might take us more time.

Since you're apparently going to use the Zoom app, there's recent info about it that you might want to consider if you didn't already:

Yeah, that Zoom app you're trusting with work chatter? It lives with 'vampires feeding on the blood of human data' -- Sott.net

Yes, I'm aware of that news, they have been sharing updates about the security and privacy issues in their blog:

A summary:

And there are inbuilt features in the software to avoid unexpected guests:

There are other options indeed but we tried them and Zoom has more useful features. Besides, other well-know software as Skype or Hangouts have more worrying security and privacy issues.

We also have a premium account so we don't have time limits as the free account ;-D

What a wonderful idea, thank you so much for organising it!

We are planning on reading all 8 volumes in one month, so train your eyes and prepare your noodle for some SERIOUS speed reading

I thought you were being serious. :lol:

I would love to hear your thoughts about Sebastian Haffner's Defying Hitler, as I have started rereading it, but as I am a slow reader I don't know whether I will be able to keep up with the reading list, but I will do my best.

As for shyness: I am such a person that doesn't like to use a camera but after listening to the POV of some forum members I decided to use it anyway. I mean here we are facing some pretty tough challenges and I am just nervous to show myself? :-) But that is just me.

As for shyness: I am such a person that doesn't like to use a camera but after listening to the POV of some forum members I decided to use it anyway. I mean here we are facing some pretty tough challenges and I am just nervous to show myself? :-) But that is just me.

If it's any help at all, I used to feel this way too, it did get easier with time though and the more online meetings I attended. I still have difficulty articulating my points, and after speaking sometimes I get those pesky self-doubts like "why did you say that", "that didn't even make sense". Those times are a good reminder for me to try and think about what I am saying and why am I saying it, and to let go a bit and stop trying to perception manage (I'm not saying that it is the same in your case) just that for me, it has bought these feelings up.

Overall, I have found that the benefits of meeting up with others, far outweigh any negative feelings that it may bring up, so if anyone else is on the fence about joining, I would encourage you to take the plunge! We are all in this together after all:hug2:

I would love to hear your thoughts about Sebastian Haffner's Defying Hitler, as I have started rereading it, but as I am a slow reader I don't know whether I will be able to keep up with the reading list, but I will do my best.

Funny, just yesterday I talked to my husban about that Haffner book and that woul make an good choice for a reading group. I think about joining as well.

Please note that the spreadsheet shared here has two tabs at the bottom, one for the Reading Workshops, and another one for the EE Online Workshops and Practice. You can join both if you want ;-D.
Also note that we are using our forum names for privacy.

Since EE Online Workshops and Practice has half fewer participants than Reading Workshops maybe some of you didn't notice this logos5x5 post?

We'll start with the Wave Series, and then we'll share polls to decide which book to continue with considering the recommended books thread.

I've got volumes 6,7,8 and High Strangeness, I understood Vol 6 to contain all vol 1 from riding the wave. It looks that I was wrong. What's the title of Vol I as it's not very clear on Amazon. If it's Riding the Wave I can't find it. I originally read it on The Cassiopaean Experiment. Went to start reading it today and can't find it. All this has happened through me trying to rush through the readings to catch up. Has anyone got any ideas please?

I've got volumes 6,7,8 and High Strangeness, I understood Vol 6 to contain all vol 1 from riding the wave. It looks that I was wrong. What's the title of Vol I as it's not very clear on Amazon. If it's Riding the Wave I can't find it. I originally read it on The Cassiopaean Experiment. Went to start reading it today and can't find it. All this has happened through me trying to rush through the readings to catch up. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Hi Tuatha de Danaan, if you prefer a hardcopy or Kindle version, volume 1 of the Wave, Riding the Wave, is also available on Amazon: here are links to the UK and the US shops. It's also available from other European countries if it helps. Give me a shout if you need links to them :-) Happy reading!

I think I'll join the discussion too, throughout the years I've already read the entire Wave series twice but, as they say, there's no such thing as too much of a good thing ;-)

Great news Ant22. Thank you very much. I was in a bit of a flap because the book won't arrive until the 17th Apr.but I have ordered the Kindle version as well so i can be getting on with that. I want the Hard-copy anyway to go towards the Forum's funds.
Right. I can relax now thanks to you and Palinurus. .:flowers: I,m really excited about this group reading and looking forward to meeting you there.

Back
Top Bottom