Cassiopeia in contemporary music?

sevensama

Padawan Learner
I was wondering in how far something can be seen as a 'coincidence', for I personally believe everything is fate, or 'happening for a reason',

In light of this I recall that in my childhood years, I focused heavily on 'not being a part of' society; I developed an interest in music and culture overseas (my biggest interest being Japan) and eventually 'settled down' listening almost exclusively to a certain group from South-Korea. Lately I have been losing interest in material things rapidly and when it comes to music, I hardly feel joy listening to anything 'popular'. However, this group from South-Korea never lost my interest. Even far before I discovered Laura's works, I found it endearing that this particular group chose their fans to be called 'Cassiopeians' and recently, three of the original members of this group released a song heavily underlining the importance of 'keeping faith', with the constellation of Cassiopeia as the main topic used in this particular song. The song was released after the group split up, voicing the remaining members' wish for them to be reunited, but the lyrics can also be read in a different way, speaking to a more general audience to reunite with one another.

I joked around before how I was 'destined to be their fan' because I have the constellation of Cassiopeia on my hand shaped by tiny moles. Now with my discovery of Laura's work and my heightened interest in the spiritual world, I feel like there is some sort connection between all of this. Can it be that me becoming a fan of this group at an early age, looking at the general message they repeat ('always keep the faith' has become somewhat of a slogan of theirs), was some sort of a sign for me eventually ending up here? I do feel as if though they have inspired me greatly and have always kept me on 'the right path'.

Hi Sevensama, the universe does work in mysterious ways, so who knows! There is also a japanese jazz fusion band called Casiopea, which I thought was neat. Check out their album art:

Casiopea4x4albumcover.jpg

SAO said:
Hi Sevensama, the universe does work in mysterious ways, so who knows! There is also a japanese jazz fusion band called Casiopea, which I thought was neat. Check out their album art:

Casiopea4x4albumcover.jpg

That is amazing! I should check that band out. Indeed, I guess the universe works in mysterious ways, but I end up worrying that I might be jumping to conclusions, sometimes.

Hi sevensama,

Just like SAO said the the universe does indeed work in many mysterious ways and all things are possible, so maybe there is a connection. Today I had a similar thing happen to me. I downloaded the new Firefox 3.6 browser and as I was looking around the website, I accidentally clicked on one of their themes you can use to have as a background on your browser. Well guess what, it was a background of a wave(I think ill keep it, as a reminder). :lol:

Here is a image of how the background image looks like:

Hi infiniteness,
The picture in that theme has been one of my favorite paintings since I was 14 and has been the background picture on my desktop for months. It is by a Japanese painter,Hokusai.

Hokusai.jpg

Mysterious? Who knows?

hnd said:
Hi infiniteness,
The picture in that theme has been one of my favorite paintings since I was 14 and has been the background picture on my desktop for months. It is by a Japanese painter,Hokusai.

Hokusai.jpg

Mysterious? Who knows?

one of my favorite ukyo-e works as well! it's originally not a true painting, but a woodblock print :)

I am starting to think that sometimes that is mysterious can at the same time be a call or an eye-opener.

hnd said:
Hi infiniteness,

Hokusai.jpg

Mysterious? Who knows?

Very nice picture, it seems like a tsunami wave.

Hi svensama!

Accidentally, I know what band you might have in mind. DBSK/Tohoshinki, right? Funny thing is, I found about them two years ago, around the same time I found Laura & Cassiopaea. But for me it was a mere coincidence and I didn't think twice about it, even though I had similar experiences like you:

sevensama said:
In light of this I recall that in my childhood years, I focused heavily on 'not being a part of' society; I developed an interest in music and culture overseas (my biggest interest being Japan)

Ok, so the band does have a fan club named Cassiopeia and they did record a song about "keeping faith" and reuniting people (their audience in this case? - I don't know the lyrics, so I can't tell for sure). And those words might resonated with you on some level, but personally, I would refrain from giving it a deeper meaning.

Have you ever thought that you give it too much significance? It can be a case of identification.

But who knows, maybe the person who is wrong is me. Like SAO said before:

the universe does work in mysterious ways

I liked DBSK for quite a while (which came as a bit of shock for me, as I've never really liked pop before; I'm a rock person). Or rather Japanese "them" - Tohoshinki. In Japan they were artists, while in Korea - entertainers. I suppose I liked their voices and the fact that unlike many contemporary pop performers they really can sing (some of their live performances were splendid). But in the end, them being more and more like a boysband kind of put me off. It becomes apparent for me that their music didn't have that 'something' what I was looking for. But that's my story :)

Infiniteness said:
I downloaded the new Firefox 3.6 browser and as I was looking around the website, I accidentally clicked on one of their themes you can use to have as a background on your browser. Well guess what, it was a background of a wave(I think ill keep it, as a reminder). :lol:

I haven't seen this one! It's nice. I think I will go and change my current theme :cool:

zhenqing said:
Hi svensama!

Accidentally, I know what band you might have in mind. DBSK/Tohoshinki, right? Funny thing is, I found about them two years ago, around the same time I found Laura & Cassiopaea. But for me it was a mere coincidence and I didn't think twice about it, even though I had similar experiences like you:

sevensama said:
In light of this I recall that in my childhood years, I focused heavily on 'not being a part of' society; I developed an interest in music and culture overseas (my biggest interest being Japan)

Ok, so the band does have a fan club named Cassiopeia and they did record a song about "keeping faith" and reuniting people (their audience in this case? - I don't know the lyrics, so I can't tell for sure). And those words might resonated with you on some level, but personally, I would refrain from giving it a deeper meaning.

Have you ever thought that you give it too much significance? It can be a case of identification.

You're right, I meant DBSK indeed. I never really did think twice about it, until a little while ago. I don't really give it any meaning at all, but as I said I also don't exactly believe in coincidences in a whole. It's not really that I'm giving this particular matter too much significance, I'm more looking at the situation itself and how things might align in some ways.

I liked DBSK for quite a while (which came as a bit of shock for me, as I've never really liked pop before; I'm a rock person). Or rather Japanese "them" - Tohoshinki. In Japan they were artists, while in Korea - entertainers. I suppose I liked their voices and the fact that unlike many contemporary pop performers they really can sing (some of their live performances were splendid). But in the end, them being more and more like a boysband kind of put me off. It becomes apparent for me that their music didn't have that 'something' what I was looking for. But that's my story

I am more of a rock-person too, in general. I completely agree with what you say though - in Japan they were artists and in Korea they were forced on too many entertainment shows in my honest opinion. It was almost sad. I personally love their acapella songs because of the peace it gives me listening to their singing (I really do think they harmonize well) but the pop music itself is not really my 'something' either.

hnd said:
Hi infiniteness,

Hokusai.jpg

Mysterious? Who knows?

Curiously i have watched a documentary about fractals and nature some days ago and this image was taken as an example of fractals as the rest of Hokusai's work. Very interesting.

Infiniteness said:
Hi sevensama,

Just like SAO said the the universe does indeed work in many mysterious ways and all things are possible, so maybe there is a connection. Today I had a similar thing happen to me. I downloaded the new Firefox 3.6 browser and as I was looking around the website, I accidentally clicked on one of their themes you can use to have as a background on your browser. Well guess what, it was a background of a wave(I think ill keep it, as a reminder). :lol:

The other day over my house it was a amazing and beauty image, the clouds with the wind had a shape of kinda wave coming over te skies. I was like, oh my this is a good coincidence, If I just had a camera. And I know I have seen other kinds of coincidences that I don't remember right now.

All I can say is that the cassiopaean said to Laura that coincidences for the beings with super knowledge, is the spice of the life. I don't have in hand the transcript.

Back
Top Bottom