Charles Manson and the Crushing of the Counterculture - Mae Brussell

cholas

Dagobah Resident
Somewhat related to the Laurel Canyon thread in the News Discussion topic. This is an interview(same title as post) on Guns&Butter, a favorite radio program from KPFA. Even more interesting is that it originally was aired in 1971! MANY other topics intertwined.

Well worth a listen(imho).
http://www.kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=25600

Quite a pioneer it seems.

Edit: Based on the fact that Mae Brussell has been brought up before, I'll do some more reading into her research and connections. I've deleted a link to her website and will stick with the above "it seems".

PatrickSMcNally said:
Some more on the Manson murders appears at:

__http://www.jfkmontreal.com/john_lennon/contents.htm
Thanks for this; fascinating stuff!

cholas said:
Edit: Based on the fact that Mae Brussell has been brought up before, I'll do some more reading into her research and connections. I've deleted a link to her website and will stick with the above "it seems".
Well, I admit to my ignorance on Mae, so I listened to the Manson link and am now half way through this -- http://www.maebrussell.com/Audio/0086.mp3 -- and I have to say that she (at least) sounds pretty darn good.

This latest broadcast I'm listening to touches on JFK, Bianca murders, Watergate, CIA murders/plane crashes, even ELF programs put in motion, a coming 'national watch list' under the guise of protecting us, the coming dictatorship - so far and she states right off that there was a coup d'etat the day JFK was murdered - "the minute he won the election, the decision was made to kill him". She does seem to still believe that getting Congress involved would change anything on a few of these subjects - but - it was almost 40 years ago, so perhaps understandable?

Having only listened to two of her broadcasts, I could just be seeing the 'good stuff' - but - I keep thinking, "damn - what would she be saying now???" But - I certainly could be missing something - and she sure did have a lot to say, so - someone 'let her say it' in her broadcasts - assuming broadcasts then were as controlled as they are now -- (and her technical difficulties were kind of humorous)

A good example quote of hers, after having discussed low frequency broadcasting ( ELF? ) and the government proposed bedside nuclear alert radio, she said -- "I'd rather have a nuclear attack, which we're not gonna get, then a [nuclear alert] radio in every home"

So - I might spend more time listening - and if anyone has info (that I've missed) that she's not what she appears in these two shows - please speak up.

There is a Mae Brussell Transcript of the Audio podcast about Charles Manson.

Dialogue: Assassination : _http://www.maebrussell.com/Transcriptions/16.html

Charles Manson was a patsy. He is identical, historically, to Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan, and James Ray. Charles Manson killed nobody in the Sharon Tate home or in the La Bianca home. He was being charged with these murders and he didn't kill any one of those seven people. He was used. He was a person who had been in jail twenty-two of his thirty-two years of life. He was the product of our penal system. He was not a hippie or a part of the youth culture. They bought him a guitar, let his hair grow, put a leather jacket on him, gave him money, gave him a bus and credit cards, and told him to do his thing.

Sigh....so much misinformation about the perenially fascinating Charles Manson. The reason Charles Manson got caught at all is because of a prospector, name of Paul Crockett, in the Panamint Range outside of Shoshone. Seems he was minding (or mining ;-) ) his business one day when this 'ball of light' talked to him and told him to go up Goler Wash. Why? said Crockett. You might learn something said the ball of light. When Crocket got up to Goler Wash, he found a few of the Manson family. What he heard them say was so disturbing that he stuck around, 'deprogramming them' in the process. Charlie eventually came up and tried to kill Crockett a couple of times. Needless to say it didn't work. He (Crockett) eventually hiked out across Death Valley with a couple of the 'family', and contacted the sheriff. The resultant hullaboo and trial lasted quite a bit. The rest is 'history', so called.

The unknown facts. Crockett studied with Gurdjieff's school, his teacher's teacher was Gurdjieff. I studied with this man for 10 years, and lived with one of the family members whom he deprogrammed. I asked Crockett why he was sent. He said Charlie had no guilt for what he was doing, and that Charlie had to be stopped for 'cosmic reasons', so apparently he (Crockett) was the only one close and with skills to do the job.

Charlie was a sociopath, whether made or born is immaterial. He just didn't like to get his hands dirty, it was much more fun for him to get other people to do his nasty work. His was not the hand holding the knife, he was the puppet master behind the scenes, holding the strings. End of story.

I don't really pretend to know about the rest of this conspiracy stuff...;-)

Hi Anart,
I just want to offer my own perception that Mae Brussell was exactly who she authentically appeared to be. I was an avid listener to her programs and reader of posts in "The Realist" since the 60s, through the 70s, and almost until she passed. She was THE source for most of the crucial information and background on all the psychos' activities (many still involved, obviously, today in all the sick stuff), an incredibly resourceful researcher and passionate human regarding getting the stuff out there. There were a few others in those days, but she was WAY out front in layin it down and naming names when NO ONE would touch most of the "conspiracy' stuff. Her own daughter was 'murdered' by a mind-controlled military dude "drunk behind the wheel". As I remember she was even axed by Pacifica Radio for being "too outrageous" or some such. Anyway, she was broadcasting from a small college radio station (Cupertino I think) and maybe another also. I used to drive up on Mt. Tam to get reception! As she says, she began her research Nov. 23, 1963, and began covering her house walls with time-lines of all the major characters in the fascist coup and continued on till the day she died. Even her death is somewhat mysterious, as I remember. "They" for sure didn't like her endless, relentless, uncompromising digging for the truth. She may have had her own "personal" problems (I don't know), but she was definitely an american and human heroine. Her passing was a great loss to the present generations. I personally owe much of my own political understanding to her work and broadcasts. I also feel she did not get suckered much by the disinfo agents, knowing extensive background on all the hidden and "cloaked" "minor" characters as well as the obvious psychopaths and puppets.

Thanks Bholanath - as it happens, I'm listening to another of her shows right now. I'm listening to the free shows available on her site - the Merrill College lectures. Very interesting.

Bholanath said:
Even her death is somewhat mysterious, as I remember.
Shortly before her death, Mae Brussell was researching the San Francisco Presidio Daycare Center scandal of the early 1980's, wherein caretakers and military personnel were alleged to have molested very young children...and transported some of them to a private home near the post, owned by an (in) famous army officer who founded the Temple of Set. The daycare center mysteriously burned down and one of the accused persons committed suicide. Brussel hinted at lots of leads and cover-ups, but, sadly, she contacted a virulent form of breast cancer and died within months of the diagnosis before she could make a full report.

Bholanath said:
"They" for sure didn't like her endless, relentless, uncompromising digging for the truth.
Brussell appears to be a sincere seeker of truth. She took on the PTB before the internet, starting with JFK. She was threatened at times...and may have been given some disinfo, or had some of her own theories that weren't spot-on about events along the way. Her initial audience was small. Thankfully, most of her research, recordings, and legacy have been preserved. Facinating stuff...well worth listening to and reading, FWIW.

Yes I would have to agree with you all. Mae Brussell is pretty solid as far as her understanding and research leading up to it go. I've listened to quite a few of her broadcasts now as well as read some of her writings and I really can't pinpoint any major flaws in her work. She, imho was truly a pioneer, having a really good grasp of What's Really Going On back before I was even born. I will continue to read her work.

I'm still reading much about Manson and my take so far, Alwyn and all, is that maybe he was NOT a sociopath or a psychopath as we understand it but rather was co-opted by at least two members of his "family" as well as others. As I read more, the evidence shows that this might be the case(much to my surprise, actually).

Thankyou Patrick for the link, I've been reading the site non-stop for two days. A very interesting take with obviously lots of research done, though some "guess-work" too. (see Patrick's post for this link)

Thanks for the site, this was a brave woman. We can only hope that more of this information comes to light...more transparency, less fascism!

cholas said:
I'm still reading much about Manson and my take so far, Alwyn and all, is that maybe he was NOT a sociopath or a psychopath as we understand it but rather was co-opted by at least two members of his "family" as well as others. As I read more, the evidence shows that this might be the case(much to my surprise, actually).
Well, there's a noted difference between what scholars write, and what happened on the ground, so to speak. (Reminds me of some of the Sufi's diatribes against scholars...I'm only starting to see what they meant ;-) .) Sorry, my teacher was THERE, which means he had first hand knowledge of the situation, and indeed, had the wisdom and presence to take action, as opposed to people who had theories or opinions after the fact. Charlie did the coopting, not the other way around. But hey, that's what keeps book writers and bloggers in business, eh?

alwyn said:
Well, there's a noted difference between what scholars write, and what happened on the ground, so to speak. (Reminds me of some of the Sufi's diatribes against scholars...I'm only starting to see what they meant ;-) .) Sorry, my teacher was THERE, which means he had first hand knowledge of the situation, and indeed, had the wisdom and presence to take action, as opposed to people who had theories or opinions after the fact. Charlie did the coopting, not the other way around. But hey, that's what keeps book writers and bloggers in business, eh?
Just a note, alwyn, that while I don't necessarily disagree with your take on it, for you to state that just because someone - (anyone, whether they were your 'teacher' or not) was 'there' means that they have any objective knowledge about the dynamics of a situation is simply not true.

You are clearly very highly identified with your 'teacher' and with your take on this - again, I'm not saying your take on it is incorrect, I don't have the data to make that assertion - however - just wanted to point out that saying, "he was THERE" is really immaterial when it comes down to whether or not he could possibly know, objectively, what was really going on under the outward, carefully constructed, facade.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head, Anart. Just recently I was quite sure that Manson was a conscious player in sabotaging "the movement" of the time, by his control of "the family". But after reading deeply into this, I have changed my mind, or at the very least am open to other possibilities.

Mae Brussell gives a pretty thorough sketch of how things likely transpired and the link Patrick provided has a wealth of information as well. This whole story has been co-opted to the extreme by the media.

A lot of what Manson did and said are at odds with the official story, of course. No doubt he was being used, but whether conscious or not is quite debatable. From what I can tell, he and most of his group were patsies, not too unlike Chapman(who "killed" Lennon) and didn't understand how they were being used.

Whether told by a "teacher" or not, to get to the truth would require some research, not hear-say or beliefs, and the letting-go of sacred cows and emotional attachments to what we thought might have happened.

This is indeed a spider's-web.

Here's something I posted quite a while back on Mae Brussell--it's the fascinating connections she made in her "spider web." I found her work to be a primer for this site. Haven't paid much attention to her since finding the C material.

"Thought I'd share a link I had saved, that is a part of an article by Mae Brussell. She was quite a lady! Through her careful observation and collation of news articles and exhaustive research and some real heat generated by serious brain activity, she single handedly managed to penetrate deep into the world of lies and deception a.k.a. the US Government. Her ability to make connections was unparalleled. Death threats eventually forced her off the air--but didn't stop her from putting out her newsletter. Even though it's now dated one can still learn a LOT (IMHO) just by Googling Mae Brussell and following the workings of a great mind as it lays bare lies the spiderweb (it's still the same old players)! http://www.newsmakingnews.com/mbspiderweb2,21,83.htm also: www.maebrussell.com"

One of the more interesting works that she does is her investigations into the Nazi/OSS/CIA king maker and mentor to Henry Kissinger a.k.a Fritz Kraemer. Just google her name and Fritz Kraemer or go through the links and you'll see how she traces this top level CIA puppet master "Paperclipped" straight from Nazi Germany.

Back
Top Bottom