Choco-fat bomb video tutorial

Jenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hi everyone me and Keyhole have finished the Fat bomb video and you can find it here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4R2Rgcc8A

We hope you enjoy it and it's helpful, feedback would be great so we know what to change in order to make it better for you all :)

:clap:

Hey, that's good! Quite clarifying and looks very delicious :)

Yin Yan looks cool :cool2: Thanks for your work, guys! The next video will be about making Fat Bomb with layers? :D

I'm glad you found it clear, that was what we tried to focus on most. We then got a bit excited with making the video look pretty haha

s-kur said:
Hey, that's good! Quite clarifying and looks very delicious :)

Yin Yan looks cool :cool2: Thanks for your work, guys! The next video will be about making Fat Bomb with layers? :D

You're very welcome! We'll get practising, what flavours would you like?

We were thinking of doing a beef and liver meatloaf video too?

Nice video...thank you.

It was helpful seeing how you separate the egg yolks. I too separate the yolks in my hand letting the whites run through my fingers into the drain. But I never thought of running water over the yolk to remove any lingering whites.

And I liked the demonstration of the proper use of the vanilla bean. I have been using organic liquid vanilla. Last time I was in the health food store, I looked at the vanilla beans (they were pricey) and wondered about how to use them. The clerk told me to smash them up with a mortar and pestle.

Also I have found that I no longer need the sweetner. I was using Stevia in the beginning. I tried a batch without it and found that I didn't even miss it.

Looking forward to the beef and liver meatloaf recipe as I have not yet been able to stomach the thought of eating liver by itself.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for this recipe video! This is a great help for those who want to cook fat bomb for the first time, but is afraid to do something wrong. :perfect:
I, too, has not been able to decide on my first fat bomb, long reread recipes, translated them into Russian.
Now I see what I was doing everything right and get the right result. Now I cook them on a regular basis, but with gelatin.

Good job Keyhole and Thorn! I do find those English accents quite charming, no offense intended!

Do y'all avoid coconut intentionally? We do both, coconut and tallow fat bombs, because some here are avoiding coconut.

Thanks for the very detailed video! I've avoided trying to make the fat bomb because it sounded like it could go wrong too easily, but your video makes it look much easier. Instead, I've just been making scrambled egg yolks with butter in the microwave. I'll have to give this a try sometime.

Heimdallr said:
Good job Keyhole and Thorn! I do find those English accents quite charming, no offense intended!

Do y'all avoid coconut intentionally? We do both, coconut and tallow fat bombs, because some here are avoiding coconut.

None taken :lol:

We have just introduced coconut oil back into the diet, although Thorn experienced some sort of rash on her face earlier today actually. This could either be down to the coconut oil or the home-made mustard we have been having this week, we are not quite sure which one it is. Will need to cut both out and then introduce one at a time to see if there are any reactions.

It is also extremely expensive compared to lard/tallow so we would have to spend a lot more money making our fat bombs, which is money we don't really have at the moment. I'm allergic to butter as well so we can only really use lard or tallow - which work perfectly well :D

Thank you for making the video. It was so well planned and each step very easy to follow. I found that my first attempts at making fat bombs using lard instead of coconut milk did not work well. Watching the process is so much more informative than trying to follow a recipe alone, particularly when one is not well versed in custard making!! :thup:

Also enjoyed watching how to use vanilla bean, as I have always just used extracts.

Great job! Loved the credits at the end and links to SOTT and the Forum!!

Back
Top Bottom