Choco-fat bomb video tutorial

Thank you for creating the video guys! was rather entertaining to watch :)

I don't use a thermometer, just wait until it's really steaming, seems to works pretty well every time :) if you haven't got a thermometer, just make there's lots of steam!

I tried making a fat bomb with tallow today, after having some success with the lard fat bombs (too bad good lard is so expensive!).

I deviated from the recipe in two ways
1) I used 250g of tallow (instead of 200)
2) I used gelatine

It tasted okay while still warm, but now it simply tastes like raw tallow and and has a gooey texture similar to chewing gum that has been left in the mouth for too long. I used 4 big teaspoons of xylitol and 2 types of vanilla extract, but it tastes like they were not even added. Also my mouth and throat feel coated with wax.

This might be a problem with not enough egg yolks to cover the increase in fat, and maybe gelatine causes an issue, so I will try 200g without gelatine, and also will use stevia so it can achieve some level of sweetness without going overboard on the carbs.

Given all this, I just wanted to ask does this fat bomb (done correctly) legitimately taste good for you? It's premature to ask this of course, but first experiment has not given promising results.

In the mean time I shall keep experimenting, thanks for the video!

Carl said:
I tried making a fat bomb with tallow today, after having some success with the lard fat bombs (too bad good lard is so expensive!).

I deviated from the recipe in two ways
1) I used 250g of tallow (instead of 200)
2) I used gelatine

It tasted okay while still warm, but now it simply tastes like raw tallow and and has a gooey texture similar to chewing gum that has been left in the mouth for too long. I used 4 big teaspoons of xylitol and 2 types of vanilla extract, but it tastes like they were not even added. Also my mouth and throat feel coated with wax.

This might be a problem with not enough egg yolks to cover the increase in fat, and maybe gelatine causes an issue, so I will try 200g without gelatine, and also will use stevia so it can achieve some level of sweetness without going overboard on the carbs.

Given all this, I just wanted to ask does this fat bomb (done correctly) legitimately taste good for you? It's premature to ask this of course, but first experiment has not given promising results.

In the mean time I shall keep experimenting, thanks for the video!

Hi our most recent batch of fatbomb does the same thing, coating feeling and also very strong taste of tallow. I have got used to the tallow flavour, I don't particularly enjoy but have got used to it. For some reason the cocoa and xylitol together make our fatbomb quite cheesy and bitter :huh:

We started using lemon instead of cocoa and we don't get this bitterness anymore, still the tallow flavour though.

To lessen the tallow taste you could mix 100g ghee 100g tallow? This seems to lessen the coating on the mouth too.

Thorn said:
Hi our most recent batch of fatbomb does the same thing, coating feeling and also very strong taste of tallow. I have got used to the tallow flavour, I don't particularly enjoy but have got used to it. For some reason the cocoa and xylitol together make our fatbomb quite cheesy and bitter :huh:

We started using lemon instead of cocoa and we don't get this bitterness anymore, still the tallow flavour though.

To lessen the tallow taste you could mix 100g ghee 100g tallow? This seems to lessen the coating on the mouth too.

Yeah that's a good idea. My friend made it with 50/50 lard/tallow, and although he thinks it tastes horrible I enjoyed it. Also the texture is much better.

Carl said:
Yeah that's a good idea. My friend made it with 50/50 lard/tallow, and although he thinks it tastes horrible I enjoyed it. Also the texture is much better.
When we first began to use pure tallow the taste was not pleasant, although weighing up the benefits of gassfed-fat and the taste, we decided the it was definitely worth it! And eventually the taste just becomes normal and actually quite enjoyable once you get used to it :)

We use the 50/50 tallow & lard, it wasn't too nice.. but this morning I put orange peel in and it's actually really nice!

Just a tip :)

Just came across this thread and have to say thank you.
My sister has asked me a number of times how to make the custard but was too afraid she'd mess it up unless I helped.
I'll send her this video and problem solved!

Thorn said:
Hi everyone me and Keyhole have finished the Fat bomb video and you can find it here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4R2Rgcc8A

We hope you enjoy it and it's helpful, feedback would be great so we know what to change in order to make it better for you all :)

:clap:

Thanks for the video. Ill try it.

This is brilliant! Thank you so much for the video. I bought an immersion blender yesterday and made my first successful fat bomb today. So happy :lol:

If you're up to it it may be a good idea to return it for one that's considered safe:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=37533.0

monotonic said:
If you're up to it it may be a good idea to return it for one that's considered safe:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=37533.0
Ok thanks! The make I bought isn't on either list so I guess it's better to choose one from the known "safe" list.

lainey said:
This is brilliant! Thank you so much for the video. I bought an immersion blender yesterday and made my first successful fat bomb today. So happy :lol:

LOL - it was this video that made me buy an immersion! And i made a fat bomb immediately, it was amazingly easy thanks to the tutorial :guru: And butter coffee is out of this world now.

I meant to say thank you for the brilliant tutorial! I shared it the day it was released though ;D

itellsya said:
lainey said:

LOL - it was this video that made me buy an immersion! And i made a fat bomb immediately, it was amazingly easy thanks to the tutorial :guru: And butter coffee is out of this world now.

I meant to say thank you for the brilliant tutorial! I shared it the day it was released though ;D
I know right? The instructions were easy to follow and clear. Great job you guys. Sales in immersion blenders are bound to have increased on last year... hahaha

You have no idea how much easier you are, to doing my next ( better) second Choco-fat bomb, I'm a visual kind of guy who learns better in that way, crystal clear and easy to follow, well done, what's next project (culinary recipe)?

Back
Top Bottom