Clowns in the woods

There had been reports in Mexico as well, another scary part is that "people" dressed as clowns do not just stay there scaring, others are using that custom to assault, groups reported in Oaxaca and Monterrey are inviting people to hunt down scary clowns ...

_http://www.curiosidadhoy.net/2016/10/08/matan-a-2-payasos-que-asustaban-a-personas-en-mexico-df/
_https://elsemanario.com/156812/video-atrapan-y-golpean-a-payaso-tenebroso-en-monterrey/
_http://lopezdoriga.com/nacional/payasos-asaltantes-operan-en-monterrey/

Here are another couple of geniuses.

http://ktla.com/2016/10/10/creepy-clown-couple-left-4-year-old-alone-for-hours-while-scaring-neighborhood-police/

Palinurus said:
Tuulikki said:
I read an article recently with interviews with professional clowns in the UK and this nonsense is having a very real and negative effect on their work. Those that work primarily with children are having shows cancelled by worried parents who don't want their little ones having nightmares about clowns. Also those who routinely stage street shows are being verbally harassed and sometimes attacked by the public. I suppose the craze is set to continue until Halloween.

Hi Tuulikki,

Your remark suddenly reminded me of a topic I once started -- Endangered species: clown

Very interesting post. This present situation may be the final nail in the clown coffin. I must admit I can't remember seeing any young clowns around. Perhaps as mentioned - maybe they are not "cool" enough for people today.

Mod note: Color of text changed so others can read it. To quote others in your posts, use the 'Insert Quote' formatting option.

Do not know who is more messed up, those clowns or people that are panicking, probably those clowns because their thrill seeking has overridden their survival instinct in USA because I saw some videos in which they are doing pranks with real knives and chainsaws.

The creepy aspect of this phenomenon is that some people find it "fun" or "funny" to scare people and children with no regard to the consequences. In addition to that, they are copycats of what seemed to be enactments crime and abuse towards children.

Scaring people is not funny, and it can be dangerous. What if the victim has a heart attack? Or what if the victim kills the clown? These people have some mental issues for sure. It reminds me of a video I've been shown once of what appears to be a TV program where they scare people in an elevator (confined space) with what appears to be the ghost of a little girl. Totally irresponsible.

mkrnhr said:
Scaring people is not funny, and it can be dangerous. What if the victim has a heart attack? Or what if the victim kills the clown? These people have some mental issues for sure.

A clown gets attacked by baseball bat and also it appears, he was also shivved (WRONG, those are just blows with fist):

Warning, Graphic Violence

https://youtu.be/ndIJf6hSkwY

Apparently, one guy from Britain thinks that someone needs a Batman to rescue people attacked by clowns:

Batman to the rescue? Masked vigilante takes on Britain’s ‘killer clowns’

An unnamed British man has been dressing up as Batman to fight off ‘killer clowns,’ after the craze led to a series of injuries and seriously scared children.
The man, who is offering his services on the Facebook page Cumbria Superheroes, has refused to identify himself, but has been caught on camera chasing after another man dressed as a clown.

Who else will came with a super power, Superman?

More updates on clowns -- Sweden + UK, and the Netherlands again:

https://www.sott.net/article/331057-Teen-stabbed-by-masked-assailant-as-Killer-clown-craze-reaches-Sweden

http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/10/14/delft-killer-clown-beaten-boy-14/
Delft “killer clown” beaten up by boy, 14

Posted on Oct 14, 2016 by Janene Pieters

A killer clown in Delft got more than he bargained for when trying to scare a 14-year-old boy on Wednesday night. Luc and his little brother were walking the dogs on Theriasstraat when the killer clown approached him. Young Luc decided to send him on his way with a few well aimed punches, the Telegraaf reports.

Luc’s father owns a gym in Vlissingen and the teen has been participating in self-defense sports for nearly a decade.

“I saw him coming and said to my brother: ‘you go home with the dogs, I’ll take care of this”, the Delft boy said to the Telegraaf. “I’m going to get you, he said, and began to punch.” But Luc fought back and sent the killer clown running.

According to Luc, the culprit is a man with a deep voice that is about 1.8 meters tall. It is unclear whether he was injured. Luc and his mother decided not to press charges.

The killer clown phenomenon started in the united states and only recently started popping up in the Netherlands. This past week killer clowns were spotted in Almere, Arnhem and Oss, among others. One was arrested in Rotterdam on Wednesday.

On Wednesday fast food chain McDonalds decided to keep clown mascot Ronald McDonald out of Dutch public for the time being.

I'm glad to see Ronald McDonald has been removed from the scene in the Netherlands. This would be a great improvement permanently, for the entire world.

We now have an official "World Zombie Day"? :cry: This must be inspired by the great popularity of the tv series "The Walking Dead". Lots of fans in the UK it seems.

Yesterday I was thinking about the replies on the debate thread between Trump and Clinton. Considering the gravity/horror of the situation, some people here are disturbed by the amount of comedy this scenario is generating in the media. A lot of attention and energy is being given to this "battle' between 2 "clowns" running for the highest office in the land and affects all people in the world(unfortunately). One could say its a dark comedy of sorts. Is it possible, the rise of diabolical clowns world wide, is a symbolic creation of our world representing this battle? Just a thought.

Things have become increasingly wacky just lately.

When I first posed this question I had only seen a few clips; now I don't know what to make of it... Just another goddamned trend it seems. But it's interesting to see the success of those that do this - it's a formula that works.

Archiving more updates.

First from the latest session, October 15:

(Galatea) Do we want to ask what's been getting into people to make them want to turn into killer clowns? What's going on with them?

A: Attachments and mind programming.

Q: (L) There are shooters that are programmed, and clowns as well, and copycats, just to cause havoc and chaos?

A: Yes

Q: (L) What do they call that, MK Ultra? Is that what it is?

A: Yes

Q: (L) Well, that's all the news I can stand.

(Galatea) It's a good Halloween session.

(Timótheos) And there's a full moon tonight.

Other updates:

https://www.sott.net/article/331221-Hysteria-Killer-clown-craze-hits-tattoo-parlors

http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/10/17/killer-clown-arrested-roermond/

Wikipedia has some interesting info about "evil clowns":

The modern stock character of the evil clown was popularized by Stephen King's novel It, published in 1986, which became the first to introduce the fear of an evil clown to a modern audience. Another one of the first appearances of the concept is that of John Wayne Gacy, an American serial killer and rapist arrested in 1978, who became known as the Killer Clown after it was discovered he had performed as Pogo the Clown at children's parties and other events; however, Gacy did not actually commit his crimes while wearing his clown costume.

Phantom clowns

The related urban legend of evil clown sightings in real life is known as "phantom clowns". First reported in 1981 in Brookline, Massachusetts, children said that men dressed up as clowns had attempted to lure them into a van. The panic spread throughout the US in the Midwest and Northeast. It resurfaced in 1985 in Phoenix, Arizona; in 1991 in West Orange, New Jersey; and 1995 in Honduras. Later sightings included Chicago, Illinois, in 2008. Explanations for the phenomenon have ranged from Stephen King's book It and the crimes of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, to a moral panic influenced by contemporaneous fears of Satanic ritual abuse.

In recent years, the "evil clown" phenomenon has been trending and growing. While most of these clown sightings have been harmless, there have been suspicion activities and others have been led to attacks and arrest. In 2013, the Northampton Clown appeared on the scene terrorizing the town. He shares similar looks to Pennywise the Dancing Clown from Stephen King's book, It. Although rumors said that the clown may have a knife, the clown himself denied these rumors through social media.

In 2014, the phenomenon moved to the United States, when the Wasco clown showed up in social media in California. Again this clown would shared similar resemblance to Pennywise. During an interview with the Wasco clown, it was revealed that the social media postings are part of a year-long photography project conducted by his wife. While the original Wasco clown was merely a project and for fun, other copycats also started appear and in some cases with weapons.

In 2015, starting in the summer, clown sightings began to appear again. In late July, a "creepy" clown was seen around a local cemetery in Chicago and terrorizing anyone in the graveyard.

Of course, some people already started making money on this:

THEY’RE COMING FOR YOU

Coulrophobia--the fear of clowns--is very real and for good reason. You might think these red-nosed jokers are creepy, sure, but certainly not dangerous. You’d be wrong. Clowns never reveal their real names, and dress to obscure their identities. The rules of civilized society don't apply to them (what other stranger could offer candy to children and get away with it?), they have countless places to hide weapons on their person, and their appearance is downright unnatural. Clowns are the scariest people on earth, and the truth is, they are coming for your valuables, your children, and your sanity.

In this comprehensive guide to self-protection from clown creepery, petty crime, and violence, Chuck Sambuchino--founder of the anti-clown group Red Nose Alert--delves into the terrifying clown underworld to provide the knowledge you need to know to protect yourself from these seemingly innocuous gagmen, using his proven four-step system: ASSESS, ANALYZE, DEFEND, PROTECT. Included within are instructions on how to defeat a clown in close combat, tips for spotting the plainclothes clown, and tutorials for fully clown-proofing your home against these painted and bewigged warriors. Most importantly, you’ll learn what to do when clowns attack… because it’s only a matter of time before they do.

_https://www.amazon.com/When-Clowns-Attack-Scariest-People/dp/1607747030

I guess people started to cool down on the zombie hysteria and now they switched to clowns?

I don't know how this thing with clowns started, but I'm sure that at least 80% (if it's not more) of those clowns are people that find this as something funny and have so much time to waste. Then, you have the other "20%" (5% probably) who, maybe, are psychos, serial killers, whatever. So you have a few psychos and then real life's clowns who doesn't have nothing else to do. Most of them are copycats without originality. And remember in the USA are near halloween, that makes a perfect time to scare people with a clown costume.

[quote author= Persej]I guess people started to cool down on the zombie hysteria and now they switched to clowns?[/quote]

To me it seems that people always like to get addicted to some hysterical big thing everyone is talking about. Makes them feel that they are part of something big. Being hysterical is being trendy in a way.

Back
Top Bottom