Coconut Oil

Gandalf said:
elle said:
I'm experimenting on washing my teeth with extra virgin coconut oil instead of toothpaste.its been a month and so far so good, actually they look whiter :D I used to have bleeding gums but I most say that within a week of using it the problem disappeared.
I read somewhere that you can combine coconut oil and baking soda too..haven't have the guts to do it yet.
:-[
I will keep you guys inform about it.

Indeed, you can do that and it works wonderfully.

2 weeks ago i have a very bag dental infection.I couldn't sleep for 2 night because of a strong pain. My Dentists make an x-ray and they saw an infection. I was wondered when they say that its a chronic infection but its happening to me for the first time. The infection was above the teeth roots , very high in the gums. Their solution was to make a surgery but in few days in have calm down.
I`, thinking to get a coconut oil and mix it with some salt and baking soda and add few drops of essential oils inside and start to wash my teeth with that. As soon as i get the coconut oil i`ll try this mixture for a tooth wash. It cant be bad.

I've used coconut oil for a while now. I take a good spoonful a day about a tablespoon and my energy levels have improved considerably. It was essential for me when I started my ketogenic diet plan though I have gone of the rails with this and will start the ketongenic diet again soon as my Energy levels improved and I felt as healthy as I've done for many years.
I wanted to relay a story as I burnt my arm quite badly on the oven grill. There was a prominent scar and I applied coconut oil straight after and then daily. The scar completely disappeared which was amazing and I applied it to another scar on my arm which improved considerably (became lighter) not as noticeable.
I have contemplated using it for cleaning my teeth and just wanted to ask do you use it just like toothpaste by applying a small amount to your tooth brush and brushing normally with water?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Biona-Organic-Raw-Virgin-Coconut/dp/B005GUU680/ref=sr_1_1/278-1856001-2202240?ie=UTF8&qid=1421846413&sr=8-1&keywords=coconut+oil+biona

I buy this brand from amazon and find it good quality.

Thebull said:
I have contemplated using it for cleaning my teeth and just wanted to ask do you use it just like toothpaste by applying a small amount to your tooth brush and brushing normally with water?

That sounds like a good idea! You'll find more inspiration in this thread:

Toothpaste Recipes
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,35249.0.html

Thanks for sharing your testimonial, that was fascinating.

Thebull said:

You can also use coconut oil in Oil Pulling (swishing a tablespoon of oil in mouth for 20 min).
This is Ayurvedic dental technique.
I do this regularly for 20 minutes per session. My gum's health definitely improves after one week.
If you've never done this before. 20 minutes seems long. I started with 15 minutes.

Gandalf said:
elle said:
I'm experimenting on washing my teeth with extra virgin coconut oil instead of toothpaste.its been a month and so far so good, actually they look whiter :D I used to have bleeding gums but I most say that within a week of using it the problem disappeared.
I read somewhere that you can combine coconut oil and baking soda too..haven't have the guts to do it yet.
:-[
I will keep you guys inform about it.

Indeed, you can do that and it works wonderfully.

Yes, it does!
I won't buy a tube of chemical toothpaste again!

I have found that coconut oil and borax make a very good anti-fungal ointment. Be sure to grind up the borax first. Gritty ointment is not fun.

monkee said:
Thebull said:

You can also use coconut oil in Oil Pulling (swishing a tablespoon of oil in mouth for 20 min).
This is Ayurvedic dental technique.
I do this regularly for 20 minutes per session. My gum's health definitely improves after one week.
If you've never done this before. 20 minutes seems long. I started with 15 minutes.

I've been oil pulling once a week for a few weeks now. I could see the results just after the first go. I did a 20 minute session then brushed my teeth straight after with a firm brush and fluoride free tooth paste. I don't think even chemical whitening products would work as well as this!

EDIT: Don't spit it down the drain because it does harden up again, even after 20 minutes of swilling.

From last week I started taking coconut oil, 1 full teaspoon of solid oil per day. One thing that I noticed is the small pain in my liver area. And today I have read a comment on one website that lauric acid from coconut oil can be very problematic for the liver and that people should not consume coconut oil unless they are on keto diet. Can anybody comment about that?

I never have a pain in my liver when I eat other fats, animal or vegetable.

Persej,
I am taking 2 to 8 teaspoons of virgin coconut oil every day now for some 4 weeks. I did experience some digestive discomfort in the beginning but it was only for a couple of days and I am nowhere close to keto.
I do remember that some people on other forums did take VCO for months in the same range as I do and I can't remember any complaints from them.

Persej said:
From last week I started taking coconut oil, 1 full teaspoon of solid oil per day. One thing that I noticed is the small pain in my liver area. And today I have read a comment on one website that lauric acid from coconut oil can be very problematic for the liver and that people should not consume coconut oil unless they are on keto diet. Can anybody comment about that?

I never have a pain in my liver when I eat other fats, animal or vegetable.

You might want to stop for a while and see if the pain goes away. And then start back up slowly. Coconut oil can be pretty potent if you haven't taken it before. Not too sure about the Keto requirement, I have consumed Coconut oil, mainly in my coffee for years before I started on the Keto diet without the effects you mentioned. Good luck.

Yes, I will stop with the coconut oil for the time being and try it later. I started today with the MCT oil and will see how it goes. I love the taste.

I've finally had enough of feeling strange pain in my knees and other part of my bodies due to my extremely poor diet (struggling big time with binge eating). All the books recommend coconut oil. I know a few good brands who sell extra virigin organic coconut oil. It's not crazy expensive but compared to sunflower/olive oil, coconut is quite pricey. I'm wondering, what are some good coconut brand you're tried that were also relatively cheap compared to the other? By the way, I've tried the brand Nutiva before (not for cooking but for my hair), and I really liked it.

Back
Top Bottom