Colloidal Silver Generator

vaio

Padawan Learner
Hello everyone, I have been shopping around for colloidal silver and have found a generator which you can use at home from this site: _http://www.microparticlegenerator.com . The site claims that the generator can produce particles of size 0.008 microns which seems to be a good thing as the smaller the silver particles the better. Has anyone tried this product? it goes for 239$ before shipping. I have tried the ASAP solution which sells for around 30$ per 4oz bottle and the generator seems like a more economical choice..especially with very costly international shipping, customs etc...thanks!

I have also found this site _http://www.thesilveredge.com/aboutmicro.shtml which outlines the benefits of this particular generator mentioned above..seems legitimate.

Hi vaio,

The second site you mentioned http://www.thesilveredge.com/aboutmicro.shtml seems to own or publish the info in the first site you mentioned. So it seems that they are endorsing their own product.
This is not to say that the product is no good though. Unless you can actually test the micron size of the silver you make how would you know? I have a cheaper generator bought at http://atlasnova.com. I'll be getting a device that tests the parts per million so at least I'll know that much. Many have noticed results by using cheaper generators so I'm hoping for the best. I just made my first batch the other day. :)
I, by no means, intend to dissuade you from buying the generator you have your eye on. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can give you more info.

vaio said:
Hello everyone, I have been shopping around for colloidal silver and have found a generator which you can use at home from this site: _http://www.microparticlegenerator.com . The site claims that the generator can produce particles of size 0.008 microns which seems to be a good thing as the smaller the silver particles the better. Has anyone tried this product? it goes for 239$ before shipping. I have tried the ASAP solution which sells for around 30$ per 4oz bottle and the generator seems like a more economical choice..especially with very costly international shipping, customs etc...thanks!

YIKES!!! Where were you buying your ASAP. Our website sells it for $19.95 for an 8 ounce bottle - and in 12 - 8 ounce bottle case quantity, with free US shipping factored in, it comes out around $13.00 a bottle.

_www.lifesilver.com

I spent 3 years researching DIY silver generators. I wound up buying the SilverPuppy. It runs on almost any power source, from house power, solar or batteries (car to 9 volt dry cells). They have a SilverGen over at the chateau which is also a very good unit, but the Puppy has a few more options, like automatic cycling current swap from AC to DC. This eliminates oxide build up on the electrodes which makes for a nasty looking batch that must be filtered. The Puppy also has a magnetic stir feature.

_http://silverpuppy.com/

Do not be suckered in with particle size, in regard to home made CS. It will all be ionic and this is always very small particle, unless you overcook it and the particles agglomerate. You will know this by the color it takes on... from a light yellow to a darker yellow reddish if you really overdo it. The Puppy has an auto cut off which stops the process at consistently about 12 ppm. It is crystal clear and never overdone.

Here is a pic of my Puppy in action. It will make up to 1 gallon batches at a time, but it is really slow in that volume. I make 1 liter at a time. I am very happy with this piece of equipment, and the fellow who makes them has very good customer service.

Attachments

• generator.jpg
    generator.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 175
Rabelais, I would like to ask for a little help here about making col-silver with my device.

I have this device: http://www.elixa.com/silver/RSG2%20Front%20cover.jpg I'm not to sure about its settings and there is a dial* for the current so I guess the feedback is how much bubbles the rods produces.
My water distiller seems to be a decent, but most of my trials with the two machines have resulted in col-silver water that does not taste as the one I have bought from the health store.

Could you help me with what settings I should use?

*Colloidal Silver generation with 1mA to 20mA constant current.

Grim, I can't make heads or tails out of the functions shown on the face of your generator. If its "bubbling" you might be running with amperage that is too high and reacting too fast, which would probably be making larger particles than desirable. Or it just might be the result of no water movement or mixing.

A simple solution for that can be found at any pet store that sells aquarium supplies. Get a cheap, small aquarium aerator pump and run a piece of plastic tubing (usually included) to the bottom of your reacting vessel, preferably centered at the bottom, between, but not touching your silver electrodes. Actually the tubing should be attached in some way that it runs down the inside of the vessel wall with the end curved to the center of the jar at the bottom. Water movement will keep the reacted particles from agglomerating into bigger particles between the electrodes. My Silver Puppy does this function by way of a small magnetic rotator at the bottom of the jar.

Is your finished product clear or slightly yellowish/gold... or worse... darker?

If you look at that pic in my post (above), you see that tubular meter thingy with the blue cap on the end. That is a dissolved solids meter. A real good piece of equipment for DIY silver. You can test the distilled water, before you run a batch, to determine how pure it really is. You can then subtract that number from readings of the silver batch taken periodically during the run. The silver will also meter as a dissolved solid, so you can get a good estimation of your true part per million.

Take for example; your pre-tested distilled water is reading 1.79 before the run - and your run reading is 14.8. This would indicate that your batch silver content is about 13 ppm, which is near optimum for home brew. Stop the process.

If you try to go higher ppm, you will likely be generating larger and larger particles as the time increases. This large particle batch will not be very bioavailable, therefore of little effectiveness for internal consumption.

You can find dissolved solids meters in just about any laboratory supply house. I got mine when I ordered my Silver Puppy. They are only about $25.00.

Once you have that, you can then experiment with the voltage settings to find the method that makes a clean and clear 10 - 15 ppm batch.

I am not a big fan of ionic home brew silver for internal consumption, but I would certainly use it before I would do without in a pinch. I depend on the ASAP exclusively for prophylaxis. I haven't used any of last year's DIY all winter and my stored batches are probably all settled out and flat after months of storage. With summer and sweaty work clothes season upon me, I'll be putting it into the rinse cycle of laundry loads. It will probably still be OK for that. It does a good number on the bacteria in stinky T shirts and sweaty socks.

If you could scan the instructions/tech info that should have come with your generator, I might be able to figure out how that unit works.

Rabelais said:
I spent 3 years researching DIY silver generators. I wound up buying the SilverPuppy. It runs on almost any power source, from house power, solar or batteries (car to 9 volt dry cells). They have a SilverGen over at the chateau which is also a very good unit, but the Puppy has a few more options, like automatic cycling current swap from AC to DC. This eliminates oxide build up on the electrodes which makes for a nasty looking batch that must be filtered. The Puppy also has a magnetic stir feature.

_http://silverpuppy.com/

Do not be suckered in with particle size, in regard to home made CS. It will all be ionic and this is always very small particle, unless you overcook it and the particles agglomerate. You will know this by the color it takes on... from a light yellow to a darker yellow reddish if you really overdo it. The Puppy has an auto cut off which stops the process at consistently about 12 ppm. It is crystal clear and never overdone.

Here is a pic of my Puppy in action. It will make up to 1 gallon batches at a time, but it is really slow in that volume. I make 1 liter at a time. I am very happy with this piece of equipment, and the fellow who makes them has very good customer service.

Hi Rabelais,

I am looking to buy one Puppy too and I would like to know what kind of stirrer did you buy ?

Rabelais, thank you very much for the answer! I will get back to you with pictures of a test-batch and instructions from my unit, pronto!

Gandalf said:
I am looking to buy one Puppy too and I would like to know what kind of stirrer did you buy ?

I have the mag stir option. The heat funnel thing looks good though and would probably work well in a colder climate, since a warm water medium hastens the reaction a bit. I have noticed that when making batches when the ambient room temps are cooler, the process can take up to 12 hours, but when the house is warmer in the summer this same reaction is shorter (8 - 10 hours).

Both methods are effective. The point is to keep the water medium in motion, and this they do.

American Biotech Labs (ABL) first reaction vessels had a small motor driven propeller at the bottom of their 75 gallon vessels. This is shown in the first patent drawings. They later switched to an oxygen bubble system. Again, the purpose is to keep the silver molecules distributed evenly throughout the water during the process. This prevents silver concentration between the electrodes and the problems that that condition entails.

I have attached the patent drawing of the early ABL reaction chamber. It uses 8 silver electrodes, each with its own 10,000 volt, alternating current power source. Note the small impeller at the bottom of the chamber. They are apparently using a very low amperage, as it takes 36 hours to react a batch of 10 ppm sol... and 6 days for a 30 ppm batch. There are 58 quality control checks throughout the process and require a tech on around the clock duty to perform them.

The bottom line is that a superior product results when the medium is kept in gentle motion, by whatever means.

Attachments

• ABL Vessel 2.jpg
    ABL Vessel 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 113
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and wonder what I'm missing.

I have been generating colloidal silver for years. I drink it,
use it topically for insect bite sand things like poison ivy, as
eye drops, friends say for yeast infections... and I use it to
spray on plants. It is amazing.

Don't know what I'm missing, but I get two pure silver ribbons
for $4 each, three 50 cent 9 volt batteries that I connect in series,
and a liter of distilled water, and I have high quality colloidal silver
in about twenty minutes.

Hi tesla9,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

tesla9 said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and wonder what I'm missing.

I have been generating colloidal silver for years. I drink it,
use it topically for insect bite sand things like poison ivy, as
eye drops, friends say for yeast infections... and I use it to
spray on plants. It is amazing.

Don't know what I'm missing, but I get two pure silver ribbons
for $4 each, three 50 cent 9 volt batteries that I connect in series,
and a liter of distilled water, and I have high quality colloidal silver
in about twenty minutes.

Thanks for your suggestion about usage of colloidal silver. Actually the question was annoying me that can we use colloidal silver for plants?..I am very happy to know this it is useful for plats also..Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi caril,

Welcome to our forum. :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material, and how much of the work here they have read.

You can have a look through that board to see how others have done it.

Odyssey said:
Hi vaio,

The second site you mentioned http://www.thesilveredge.com/aboutmicro.shtml seems to own or publish the info in the first site you mentioned. So it seems that they are endorsing their own product.
This is not to say that the product is no good though. Unless you can actually test the micron size of the silver you make how would you know? I have a cheaper generator bought at http://atlasnova.com. I'll be getting a device that tests the parts per million so at least I'll know that much. Many have noticed results by using cheaper generators so I'm hoping for the best. I just made my first batch the other day. :)
I, by no means, intend to dissuade you from buying the generator you have your eye on. Perhaps someone more knowledgable can give you more info.
Hi Odyssey, I am curious if you (or anyone else) know where to buy one of these kits for making Colloidal Silver Generator? I have been ordering from the US but it seems I keep running into problems with the boarder people, and it would jsut make life a little easier here for myself.

Thank you kindly.

Back
Top Bottom