Color perception

Yeah, I see some background pink in the grey, but what puzzles me is a very few people seeing the green/aquamarine/turquoise as white!

Have you checked if your computer monitor screen is adjusted differently color wise? For example; the colors of my Computer screen can be adjusted manually and thus things can look quite different from the original color. You can also try to look at the picture on another screen and see if there is a difference to your screen.

I see gray and aquamarine (redshift/flux disabled, 3 different displays, including smartphone). But I can perceive some redishness in the gray so I can understand why people might see pink or beige. I think it is quite common to perceive cyan (shades of cyan btw) as either blue or green since it's right between those to colors. If you see the cyan as white then maybe it's some kind of color blindness, when only the rod cells (brightness) react but not the cone cells (tone).

BUT, if I zoom in, I can clearly see slight pink patches. So this could be the source of the confusion. 😉 The image is modified in such a way, that it would appear mostly grey, but perhaps also pink at places. :-P

I can easily see patches of pink without zooming in, while the basic color is still grey for me, or grey with a pink tone to be exact.

But I cannot see white laces, only aquamarine/turquoise.

This is a bit bizarre...well, maybe not. I saw this test yesterday on fb. I saw the gray shoe with aquamarine laces. When I opened the thread and saw Joe's post I saw a pink shoe with white laces. I read down a few posts where they all said the gray/aquamarine and went back up to look again, and I saw the gray/aquamaring which, then, slowly turned pink/white. Just went back an looked and I still see pink/white.

I think that the type of screen panel that we are looking at also matters.
For example, the IPS panel type will represent the colors most accurately, while TN or VA panels are known to have less accurate color representation.
On this cheap TN panel that I am looking now if I save and zoom the image, I can notice some pink spots here and there.
Also, the background of the shoe in the picture is also important about what color can we see and how will our brain interpret it.

I see grey shoes and aquamarine laces. I can also see very faint pink in some places within the grey.
BUT, if I zoom in, I can clearly see slight pink patches. So this could be the source of the confusion. 😉 The image is modified in such a way, that it would appear mostly grey, but perhaps also pink at places. :-P

Yes, I noticed that too when I zoomed in, having read that some people saw the colour as pink. I see hints of that colour, especially around the edges and around the sole, but I personally certainly wouldn't say the the shoes are pink.

Posted this some months ago on my FB and the results were astounding.
Anyway, I see pink and white laces

Back
Top Bottom