Comet Research Group

Altair said:
The Comet Research Group is a non-profit organization collaborating more than 60 scientists from sixteen countries all over the world. The discoveries made by the group members have been featured on the History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA, and many other television channels and programs. The group’s mission is to
Accurately assess the hidden effects of comet impacts on human history

History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA are not about truth. These site's are funnel's of what is dictated too them by the PTB.

There will be no announcement of incoming rouge asteroids, until it becomes so obvious and it can not be denied.

These channels, are for entertainment manipulation, and for profiting from said advertisers. Fear sells. IMO :cool2:

Jan 7, 2017

https://youtu.be/mnOJRnlRcuo

Do you guys think it would be wortwhile to support them financially? Although their goal "of preventing it through their research" seems to be pretty much in vain, I think it could at least provide them with more research funds, to study that subject and discover crucial knowledge. Which is a pretty good thing IMO.

The only way I can see that any kind of prevention could work, to at least scale down the damage, or be less impacted by it, is by reading Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection and applying that knowledge in larger numbers.

c.a. said:
Altair said:
The Comet Research Group is a non-profit organization collaborating more than 60 scientists from sixteen countries all over the world. The discoveries made by the group members have been featured on the History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA, and many other television channels and programs. The group’s mission is to
Accurately assess the hidden effects of comet impacts on human history

History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA are not about truth. These site's are funnel's of what is dictated too them by the PTB.

There will be no announcement of incoming rouge asteroids, until it becomes so obvious and it can not be denied.

These channels, are for entertainment manipulation, and for profiting from said advertisers. Fear sells. IMO :cool2:

Jan 7, 2017

https://youtu.be/mnOJRnlRcuo

Well, I don't think it is all that black and white. The only connection I can see from the "Comet Research Group", to those channels, is that some of their scientific discoveries (which means, some of the papers from those 63 scientists, that are part of the group) have been mentioned or used by those channells. Doesn't mean the peeps from "Comet Research Group" are not serious and scientific and try to do their best from their point of view.

Got a newsletter today from Comet Research Group:

Dear Friends and Supporters of Comet Research Group,

Thank each and every one of you for your support for and interest in our research. I am writing to update you with regard to the activities of the Comet Research Group and share our plans for the near and mid-term future. The update is being shared with the nearly one thousand supporters of our Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, our 1000 friends on Facebook, and visitors to our website.

Despite falling short of our target fundraising goal, we consider the $35,000 raised between November 14 and January 14 an enormous success. We will be able to significantly subsidize two of our three planned #killercomet expeditions, and a third is proceeding as planned at our own expense.

The funded trips will be the “Ice Diamonds” and “Sunken Crater” expeditions. Planning and logistics are well underway for getting to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland in late June and returning with 200 gallons of melted ice water from Greenland Ice Cap. As for North America, the CRG is evaluating options for a crater hunt which may include a detour to North Dakota -- so stay tuned there..

But first up – this week and the following week – is the “Fire from the Sky” Expedition to Tall el-Hammam in the Jordan Valley. CRG scientists Phil Silvia and Malcolm LeCompte will be collecting and sharing field data related to the hypothesis that an ancient catastrophe -- recorded in the Bible as the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah – was actually an airburst of a #killercomet. These two team members will be part of larger group excavating an ancient settlement at the foot of Mount Nebo directly across from Jericho on the east bank of the Jordan river.

Over the next two weeks I will be posting video and photo updates of the Jordan field work to the CRG Facebook page, along with direct dig reports from Director. If you are one of the crowdfund donors (thanks!), we encourage you to also bookmark the Facebook page which is open to the public.

Shortly after Drs. LeCompte and Silvia return, we will notify everyone of a date and time for the “Ask the Scientist” session, as promised in the campaign, and with exclusive access for some donors.

I am so pleased we are touch with all of you. Only months ago our “community” consisted of fifty or so scientists keeping in touch by email, as we researched an obscure and controversial subject. It was really kind of lonely.

But now, as a result of the crowdfunding effort, and its collateral social media, 2000 interested citizen scientists like you have joined us. But a plea for patience: Unlike everyone under 40, we are new to social media. Our communications might not have the social polish and frequency of other internet driven communities. So stick with us as we develop the cheap and easy methods to plug you in – and be confident our research, which you are assisting, is progressing smoothly in any case.

George Howard

It can be viewed online: _http://us14.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4e2c7842924a858201586b6e8&id=2ed0b4c806&e=c9d296bb6f

Two days ago Graham Hancock was on the Joe Rogan show together with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson where they debated the infamous "skeptic" Michael Shermer (the head of the deceivers from "Skeptic Magazine") and his "scientist" friends about all sorts of intriguing topics.

Although it is a very long podcast, I recommend to watch or listen to it, since one learns a LOT! And I mean a lot. Not only is it a debate about the latest research into catastrophism, Göbekli Tepe, human history etc, Graham also states clearly that he is in strong support of especially Baily, Clube and Firestone and their research on comet-cataclysms and that they are very concerned that we will face something similar again the next coming 30 years. Graham also brings a researcher from the Comet Research group on the table who discusses his latest research. A lot of scientific topics are brought up and especially the latest research on comet bombartments around the time of the ice age and Graham makes interesting points about the idea of a comet breakup cluster, that has wiped out civilisations before and that some ancient traditions thought that human behaviour might somehow be implicated in those distructions.

Also a scientific discussion gets going that includes slide shows of the latest data points on massive floddings comet impacts etc. and how they get interpreted. I must also say that Randall's knowledge base there sounds pretty deep and solid.

Although listening to it only via audio is good, I recommend to watch it because Joe, Randall and especially Graham do an absolutely great job in exposing Shermer and his "scientists" for the pathological liars they are, without getting to emotional and sticking to the facts. It is also a great lesson in detecting pathological lying and how one can confront/expose it without letting the emotions run over.

At one point, the to this point rather "reasonable" sounding Shermer, gets confronted by Graham with the latest article that is supposed to be published on his "Skeptic Magazine" about Grahams latest research as a journalist, written by his "geology scientist" that is later also in the show. Joe, Randall and especially Graham then go into dissecting those defamatory statements (that can only be described as character assassination towards Graham) that are clearly purposefully a bag of lies this scientist presents about what Graham actually said and researched. Here they also do a pretty good job to not let Shermer and co but out and deflect and let them get away with those lies. From then on Shermer and his "scientists" get deliciously exposed especially by Graham, with his profound knowledge of the subject matters. It is a delight to watch and you wont regret it. I'm also impressed by the amount of knowledge Joe, Graham and Randall posses about those topics. So if you can take the time, you will learn A LOT.

I'm not finished with it yet, but will do so in the next coming days. A previous discussion (podcast) between Joe Rogan, Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson is also brought up, after which Shermer "had something to say about it", which was the basis of them coming together now on the show "to sort it out". Also this earlier potcast sounds like a MUST watch. I will watch/listen to it next. A final word, you will miss a lot when only listening to it as audio, since the devlecting and lying from Shermer and co. and how the others handle it, doesn't come across there fully and you also don't see all the slightshow pictures and data points.

So here is the latest potcast as audio file (you can download it here). And here as a video:

https://youtu.be/tFlAFo78xoQ

And here is the previous discussion as and audio file. And here as a video:

https://youtu.be/0H5LCLljJho

Enjoy!

Pashalis said:
[...]Also this earlier potcast sounds like a MUST watch. I will watch/listen to it next.
[...]
And here is the previous discussion as and audio file. And here as a video:

https://youtu.be/0H5LCLljJho

Completed to watch the earlier video above too and I would also say that what is brought up there is pretty interesting, especially the parts of Randalls research into the landscapes of north america and how they must have been flooded by huge tsunami like waves about 12800 years ago, probably caused by the comets encounters in that period. And not only there, but practically globally.

The shorter parts about drugs like Marijuana and DMT, and that the legalization of the former one is "a huge step forward for america" is pretty bonkers though, as well as the idea that our civilization seems to finally go into "a good direction", because of things like this and things like "earth day" and other "environment friendly thinking/measures". Also the ideas, that if we start to pay attention now to this cyclic cataclysms via comets, that we can then avoid them through technology like painting those "icy rocks" , "propelling them into a different direction via rockets", is obviously besides the point as well and not thought through that well. Also the fact that all three seem to be pot smokers doesn't make it better.

Keeping that in mind, I think especially Randalls research into geology, together with the research of the comet group and Grahams research, sounds pretty interesting.

As usual what seems to be missing is the electric/plasma aspects of comets and that even smaller bits can cause devastation, even if they don't hit, as well as the dust particles in the atmosphere and how that can cause numerous things on the earth. Also, although in both videos the connection between human behaviour and cosmic catastrophes is mentioned shortly, as well as the myths that were probably created around those comet encounters, they don't seems to have the full picture there either.

Also in the first video, it becomes clear that neither of them is probably aware of psychopathology and psychopathy and that such blatant lies and distractions that were uttered by Shermer and his "scientist", are not just a small matters at the end that can be only explained by "different opinions" and "heated discussions". Clearly Shermers "scientist" was obviously turning and twisting on everything that was brought up, without a slightest sign of remorse for his obvious lies. Shermer on the other hand was way more sneaky in that respect , or one could say, carried a better "mask of openness".

Doesn't necessarily have to mean that either Shermer or this "scientist" did this purely out of their own interest, but that they are simply carring out the agenda that they are paid for. Doesn't make their twisting and lying better though.

I also found it interesting how Shermer tried to distract and calm the exposure of their lies down, as soon as he noticed that his "scientist" got clearly exposed for his lies, by saying things like "we'll change that Graham, he didn't do that one right" and "my scientist indeed quoted this, or has written that badly or out of context, we'll fix that Graham", simply I suppose in order to stop further exposure of their lies by his "scientists". As soon as this "scientist" understood that Shermer actually put the blame on him then, "for doing it badly", which this "scientist" apparently didn't notice before it was pointed out to him by Graham, that "scientist" started to expose Shermer himself, by saying that Shermer himself actually rewrote and looked at most parts in that article! Interstingly, Shermer was only "sorry" about what "his scientist" wrote there, after this "scientist" pretty much got thoroughly exposed by his own statements at that later point. When those lies were first brough up to Shermer at the beginning, he had no problem whatsoever with those character assassinations and lies.

What a bunch of slime balls.

A couple of the many intersting videos from Randall Carlson:

Broader context for previously posted video: "Impact Threat more Dangerous than Climate Change" with review of 2008 article announcing that there may have been more than 500 impact events during the Holocene (last 10-12,000 years), and what our response to that impending threat should be, and the dire consequences if we don't redirect our resources.

https://youtu.be/AsHSnfv1_vs

During a class in 2005, Randall surfs his stream of consciousness - describing the exogenic factors that may be responsible for the glacial/inter-glacial cycles, with an exceptional review of the solar system dynamics that transport comets from the Oort Cloud and Kuiper Disc into potential Earth-crossing orbits; the puzzling 'Energy Paradox' that remains unsolved - seeking a source that caused the ice to melt away in a few thousand years; the impressive 'mega-fauna' that all went extinct simultaneously... Ride the wave with Randall as the knowledge surges forth!

https://youtu.be/OPEIqljdfOk

Class 11: "Meteor Streams and Origins of Halloween / Day of the Dead" (part 1 of 3)
After the first ten classes, we started videotaping this series that ended with about 50 total lectures, averaging two hours each. Multiple excerpts from this "Kataklysmos" class series have already been posted, including the first five minutes of this lecture as: "Sudden Climate Change is the Norm", which stirred up some AGW devotees, prompting Randall to respond pointedly.

In this opener to the series, recorded on Halloween of 2007, RC responds to a question about the climate changes deemed responsible for the downfall of prior Mayan/Pueblo/Anasazi cultures, then gets into the broader presentation regarding the origination of the Halloween / "Day of the Dead" commemorations. H-chondrite "stony" versus metallic asteroids and their effects, comparing Tunguska event and Meteor Crater, the "Neo-catastrophists" and the history of the Taurid meteor stream, crater chains, Halley's Comet and Shoemaker-Levy 9

https://youtu.be/7x1a2JP5p6I

Randall summarizes another component of the ‘Holocene Mystery’ – the climatic conundrum referred to as the ‘Energy Paradox’ that struggles to explain where all the energy came from to melt the continental ice sheets in a few thousand years, suggesting that we must consider the Earth within a cosmic ecological system.

https://youtu.be/wxk-Z2RrCi4

Thanks for sharing the video of Joe Rogan's show, Pashalis.
It is really worth the viewing time. The 'sceptics' got what they deserved, absolutely. There was no sign in their approach that they would have an open mind to welcome some new insights and ideas to their paradigm yet they were not able to debunk Graham's & Randall's propositions which are very sound and based on some irrefutable evidence. Corrupted science revealed here, along with some great interdisciplinary knowledge of the topic being passed on by the guests.

In addition, there is this nice piece by Graham Hancock from 3 weeks ago

Why science should cherish its rebels
https://grahamhancock.com/hancockg17/

which deals with the theme of mainstream science suppressing new knowledge coming in:

In this article, Graham Hancock shows how scientists consistently suppress and marginalise new knowledge that conflicts with established positions and argues that a paradigm shift is underway – a shift that will require us to reconsider everything we’ve been taught about the peopling of the Americas and about the very origins of civilization.

B. Napier sent the CosmicTusk blog the following comment on the extremist "skeptics" (Defant and Shermer) on the Rogan show with just enough irony within:

I’m not into lost civilizations or sacred geometry, but I am into cometary science and have a few comments on this aspect of the recent Joe Rogan podcast. In a weird inversion, Graham Hancock and Randall Carson were much closer to orthodox science than Marc Defant and Michael Shermer.

Marc Defant told us that “the comet guys are getting hit pretty hard,” but alas, he backed this up with a blatantly wrong description of comet evolution. Comet splitting occurs spontaneously, doesn’t require tidal disruption a la Shoemaker-Levy 9, and has nothing to do with breakup in the terrestrial atmosphere. It can occur anywhere along the orbit and is the dominant mode of comet disintegration. The mass fraction lost in a splitting event is of order s/R, R the radius of the comet in units of 10 km with s generally in the range 0.7 to 1%, depending on the model. The splitting frequency depends on the perihelion distance, and for a comet in an Encke-like orbit it amounts to one such event every 3 or 4 revolutions (orbital period 3.3 years). In the case of a 100 km comet in such an orbit, 15% active surface, fragments amounting to a mass several times 10**17 gm will detach during each splitting event. Hundreds of such events are expected over the lifetime of the comet. The material spreads out along the orbital track, but an encounter with say 10**13 gm of fragments is possible and is energetically equivalent to running through 1000 Tunguska-sized fragments. Long dormant periods are also possible for comet fragments. These can last for up to 40% of the active lifetime of the fragment, during which it looks like an asteroid.

I was glad to see Randall Carson mention Fred Whipple as a pioneer of Taurid/Encke studies, preceding the “British school”. All the cometary astronomers of that generation (Whipple, Sekanina, Kresak, Stohl) realised that the Taurid complex was debris from an exceptional comet, and recent large-scale surveys of the meteor sky (both radar and visual) have confirmed and quantified the work of these early pioneers. These surveys yield direct observational evidence for the hierarchical disintegration of an erstwhile exceptionally large comet in a short-period, low-inclination, Earth-crossing orbit. The celestial mechanics calculations of Steel and Asher provide the timescale: the comet was around and disintegrating at least 20,000 years ago, maybe much longer.

I should mention that, although the “British School” have a substantial literature and about two centuries of combined experience in comets, the above is distilled from a very much wider group of contemporary astronomers in the Americas, Russia, Europe and elsewhere.

Marc and Michael seem to have been misled by unrefereed nonsense from a few people with no expertise or track record in cometary dynamics, and ignorant of its extensive, long-running literature. A little skepticism might have been called for!

A final comment: I agree with Malcolm LeCompte that the issue may not be as simple as a single big impact. But platinum and iridium are created in, and ejected from, supernovae and were present in the protoplanetary disc within which comets formed; these elements are diagnostic of an extraterrestrial input but not particularly of asteroids.

We don’t need a rubble pile asteroid (in any case we’d see the debris and we don’t). A meteor hurricane, with imbedded Tunguskas, may be enough.
Whether we’re dealing with one or two very large impacts, or a bombardment of smaller ones, or nothing at all, is a matter for the Earth scientists. But if the evidence on the ground calls for an ET event 12,900 years ago, the comet guys — the real ones — can supply it.

Best,
Bill Napier

I watched the podcast of Joe Rogan with just Randall Carlson today. It was pretty interesting. The data he presents for a past cataclysmic event and the ensuing floods that occurred is pretty fascinating.

Following the discovery of the Hiawatha Crater in Greenland (and the North Dead Sea impact) this year, comes a very surprising presentation by a long time opponent to Napier, Clube et al.:

Was Tunguska a Beta Taurid? 2019 Observational Campaigns can Test Hypothesis

Hydrocode models of the 1908 Tunguska airburst have provided reasonable explanations for most of the phenomena associated with that event, from the shape of the treefall pattern to bright nights over Europe (Boslough & Crawford, 1997; 2008). Similar models are used for the damage component of probabilistic risk assessment and cost/benefit analysis for planetary defense. Nevertheless, there is still an enormous range in model-based estimates of the size of the Tunguska impactor and explosive yield, from as low as 3 to as high as 20 megatons. This range of possible sizes, combined with the NEO population estimate, leaves us with one unsatisfying conclusion: the Tunguska event was an extreme outlier. The probability of an impact of that magnitude having happened only 110 years ago is extremely low.The frequency of the smallest and largest possible Tunguska-like events should be on the order of once every thousand and ten thousand years, respectively.
One way out of this dilemma is to question a built-in assumption in our probability estimates that small NEOs are effectively distributed randomly. Whereas the most sensational claims of “coherent catastrophism” lack merit, it is reasonable to speculate that the Taurid complex has significant concentrations of Tunguska-sized fragments that are too small to be observed unless in the vicinity of the Earth. Large fireballs--some associated with meter-class impactors--were observed during the November 2015 Taurid swarm return (Spurny et al., 2017). Several small asteroids, such as 2015 TX24, have orbits that are nearly identical to the 2015 Taurid fireballs (Olech et al., 2016; 2017). When the Earth intersects this stream, the impact probability is elevated. If the Tunguska object was a member of a Beta Taurid stream (Kresák, 1978) then the last week in June 2019 will be the next occasion with a high probability for Tunguska-like collisions or near-misses (Asher & Clube, 1993; Asher & Izumi, 1998). Because the Beta Taurids approach from the sunward side, we propose a survey designed to observe such objects after they have passed into the night sky in late June. Fortunately, the Moon will be new on July 3 and will not interfere significantly with such observations. Moreover, the possibility of enhanced daylight fireballs and significant airbursts should be anticipated during that time.

In the Washington Post they "report":
“While we are not predicting another Tunguska airburst, an enhanced population of small NEOs [near-Earth objects] in the Beta Taurids would increase the probability of another such event on or near next year’s Tunguska anniversary,” they concluded.
Well, that will get them some funds.

All in all, it's getting more and more mainstream apparently.

Shortly after the discovery of the Hiawatha crater in Greenland, another possible crater is discovered nearby:

For now,
Although the newly found impact craters in northwest Greenland are only 114 miles apart, they do not appear to have been formed at the same time. From the same radar data and ice cores that had been collected nearby, MacGregor and his colleagues determined that the ice in the area was at least 79,000 years old. The layers of ice were smooth, suggesting the ice hadn’t been strongly disturbed during that time. This meant that either the impact happened more than 79,000 years ago or — if it took place more recently — any impact-disturbed ice had long ago flowed out of the area and been replaced by ice from farther inland.

but at the same time:

"This does not rule out the possibility that the two new Greenland craters were made in a single event, such as the impact of a well separated binary asteroid, but we cannot make a case for it either," said William Bottke, a planetary scientist with the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado, and co-author of both MacGregor’s paper and the new lunar impact record study.

The original paper is best accessed here: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2018GL078126

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom