Congratulations SOTT.net!

Another big congrats to the German SOTT team! :clap: :thup:

You guys are definitely raising the bar for the other language sites. ;)

I agree, this is incredibly good news! :cheer:

Aiming said:
Dirgni said:
Laura said:
If I'm understanding it, it's like they are saying that sott carries both "conspiracy" theories AND truth (by their standards, i.e. politcally correct)? Or, are they referring to "the Right" as in political position? Even that is weird because the Right didn't used to go with "conspiracy theories".

I guess our editorial policies are bearing fruit.

Right ideas (rechtes Gedankengut) is usually mentioned with the meaning Nazi ideas. So right more as political position but with negative direction.

Yes, they were simply trying the old routine of throwing us - or anybody threatening their BS narrratives - into the pot of Nazis and conspiracy theorists: use two labels to deter potential readers, and in the end shoot yourself in the foot, because anybody actually reading what Sott publishes can easily refute those claims. It's really weird though, that they haven't yet figured that one out by now.

Indeed, it's quite pathetic that they connect sott.net to two of the main categories in a jiffy that are defined as derogatory in official German culture - of course "conspiracy theory" and "right wing" in the sense of (neo-)nazism (or favoring Hitlerism in some way). And this is exactly the method, which puts lots of people off.

Regarding the connection to "rightist ideas", it didn't make any sense to me at first why sott.net is being considered as "rightist". Aiming's explanation answers my question, and I have an additional thought to add: (de.)sott.net criticizes the gender nonsense along with the touting of early and explicit sexual education which several German parties (like the Greens who had a pedophilia scandal in 2013 - link added below) want to start in kindergarten already (and if I remember correctly, have already pushed through in some German states). Thus it seems more comprehensible to me why (de.)sott.net is being connected to the same category like the AfD which presents itself as advocating more conservative values which those movements which consider themselves "leftists" are out and about to grind down.

The link about the sex / pedophilia scandal of the German Green Party: _https://newrepublic.com/article/120379/german-green-party-pedophilia-scandal

And what's also quite telling from the article:

Die Zeit said:
Auch drei bei Anhängern der AfD beliebte Internetseiten tauchen unter den zehn populärsten Quellen auf. Es ist die vergleichsweise gemäßigte Epoch Times, das vom russischen Staat finanzierte RT (früher Russia Today) und eine Internetseite aus den USA, sott.net, auf der oft Verschwörungstheorien diskutiert werden – und die rechtes Gedankengut ventiliert.

In der Hierarchie der Nachrichtenquellen in den sozialen Medien sind rechte und rechtspopulistische Absender insgesamt weniger wichtig als die Berichte von welt.de, focus.de, spiegel.de und sueddeutsche.de.

Translation:

Also three webpages being popular with AfD supporters emerge among the ten most popular sources. It is the comparatively moderate Epoch Times, the Russian State financed RT (formerly Russia Today) and a webpage from the US, sott.net, on which conspiracy theories are often discussed - and which ventilates rightist ideas.

In the hirarchy of news sources in the social media rightist and right-wing poulistic senders all in all are less important than reports from welt.de, focus.de, spiegel.de and sueddeutsche.de
{those four news sources are also among the big mainstream outlets in Germany}

The sentence in bold sounds to me like: "Help, some alternative news outlets (like sott.net) may outstrip us in the nearer future, so let's try to find some solace in the fact, that the MSM are still in charge. And if we just state this, that condition may remain so" (=> wishful thinking). Which, if I interpret this correctly, is an admittance of their unstability due to losing readers to alternative media because those media offer a version of reality which many readers feel more in sync with than with the many lies being touted by much of the MSM.

Like some others, I also noticed that Die Zeit has deleted many reader comments - even comments which have been posted as replies to those comments which were deleted in the first place. These kinds of measures doesn't left anyone wondering, why so many readers turn away from mainstream outlets like this one and results like this one turn up. So, indeed, they are shooting themselves in both knees even.

Dirgni said:
I never thought SOTT.net would be mentioned by MSM like the ZEIT. It seems that SOTT team is doing something in the very right way.

I had the same thought. And it's a big motivation boost for me to continue to contribute to SOTT, as well as I am able to.

Wow, that's really cool!!

What I find interesting about the article in Zeit (which btw is one of the worst transatlanticist, BS-leftie newspapers IMO) is their complete lack of logical reasoning, which was even pointed out in some of the comments that weren't deleted.

Their claim is that AfD (the right-wing populist party in Germany) is dominating the discussion about the Diesel scandal. Proof: some stuff about that topic originating from alternative media sources, including Sott, got some tracktion online. Because: these are either "Russian-sponsored" like RT or, like Sott, "discuss conspiracy theories" and "ventilate right-wing thoughts". As such, they are "popular among AfD supporters".

What the hell? That doesn't make ANY sense. It's interesting how ideological possession/believing lies apparently can really lead to intellectual degeneration. Or as Putin so aptly put it: "mush for brains".

Dirgni said:
I never thought SOTT.net would be mentioned by MSM like the ZEIT. It seems that SOTT team is doing something in the very right way.

French MSM mentioned fr.sott in 2012, 'debunking' our analyses of the 'Merah shootings'.

More recently, French MSM listed fr.sott as 'fake news'.

And US MSM did so last year too. Finnish MSM the year before that.

So MSM mentions of sott have been happening for a while now.

[quote author= axj]Even in Germany SOTT.net is becoming quite popular. [...][/quote]

Thanks for sharing axj!

Bigger then RT, that’s saying something! Well done! :rockon:

German SOTT published the full article from Zeit, I guess just in case it gets lost or changed:

https://de.sott.net/article/31051-Zeit-zahlt-Sott-net-zu-den-Meinungsmachern-Danke

And a Focus about it:

https://de.sott.net/article/31052-Lob-Zeit-sagt-Sott-net-zahlt-hinter-der-AfD-zu-den-groten-Meinungsmachern-Danke

where a reader says:

I find your site great and read them every day regularly for several months and have often recommended you. Your articles are well-balanced, and do not treat the ufology as a subject of leprosy but with due seriousness, I was judged as extremely positive, everyone who is seriously concerned with this Tehamkomplex will agree with me. Excessive AFD Lobhudelei I have here can not establish and also no Muslim Bashing, which is a pronounced religious-mindedness. In the meantime, the extreme left ZEIT, on the other hand, I have not read for a long time, the conspiracies and lretries and rotations of truth I am not performing in the one-time, unimportant MAG since Helmutsschmidts change into the beyond.

Bravo German team!! :headbanger: :cool2:

I'm looking forward to the translation of the full article. And thanks everyone who filled in the detail about the German media.

Back
Top Bottom