Conspiritainment Can Result in Learned Helplessness

I enjoy Jasun Horsley's podcast because is very weird. 🙂

This week's episode with Steven DeLay is worth a listen.

They address a troubling phenomena I have also noticed; Conspiracy Entertainment that results in Learned Helplessness.

I accidentally began my Conspiracy Research in the mid 90's by listening to Alex Jones on AM radio as I needed to kill hundreds of hours of driving time as I traveled around Texas for my job. It was fascinating.

30 years later I find it very difficult to find any new information, or any viable method for defeating evil conspiracies.

I may be suffering from Learned Helplessness.

DeLay describes this phenomena very well in this podcast episode. I particularly enjoyed his analysis of how most "Conspiracy Researchers" are really just Entertainers, who might actually be unwittingly assisting Evil by self-censorship...

Jobcast # 42: The Jazz Police

Ironically, at the end their recommendation is to "Leave it in God's hands" because of their religious views.

30 years later I find it very difficult to find any new information, or any viable method for defeating evil conspiracies.
One viable method is networking and providing the resulting information for those who are open to it. As evil exposes itself more through miscalculations and wishful thinking, the number of those who see what is going on increases. In the end it may be up to how many people in the police and military wake up and refuse to be the enforcers of evil.

There is also "energetic work" of increasing one's FRV and connecting with others who do the same. The more people do this, the more impact it has around us and on humanity as a whole on a fundamental level. The chaos we are seeing now seems to be partly due to old structures that were built on lies falling apart, unable to sustain themselves in the new energetic environment.

Interesting share. I remember learning about the US trying to isolate and destroy small towns by shutting down offramps and onramps definitely put me into a frozen, debilitated state upon hearing that. I remember it like night and day.

I think learned helplessness has two components two it, one top-down and one bottom-up.

The top-down component is just how little of the information we fill our minds with is true, relevant, and actionable. As much as we emphasize gaining knowledge and reading the news, only a small fraction of it ever really influences our decisions in life. If we took one week to force ourselves to take some action based on every bit of information we read about, that would be a very tall order. An animal living in its natural environment sees all information as relevant to its life and actionable based on its immediate situation.

I find reading news that is more local, or which is pertaining to some challenge in life you're facing or task you want to accomplish, feeds more into our capacity for action instead of just shutting down in response to the information.

The bottom-up component is the literal dorsal-vagal shutdown or functional freeze distressing information for which it is seemingly impossible to do anything about. Directly acting on the nervous system to pull us out of a functional freeze and "thaw out" those frozen energies can be beneficial. Doing Eiriu Eolas, especially the Warrior's Breath and the Bioenergetic Breathing can help in a lot of situations. Essentially it needs to feel safe in the body for it to step up to action again.

Back
Top Bottom