This is simply not true for two reasons:

- The normal flu has a 0.1% mortality rate, not 1%.
- Nobody knows the mortality rate of this coronavirus, due to many mild and unrecognized cases. The estimates range from 0.5% to 3.5%.

And even if the 2% mortality rate he gives is correct, that is on par with the Spanish Flu which killed up to 50 million.

There needs to be a middle-ground where there is neither a panic nor ignoring or downplaying the issue at hand.
I dont know for sure but I dont think he is downplaying it. And I think he says that its 1% less. Not that the rate is 1%. And he is a really good biologist so I expect he knows what hes talking about.

And I think he says that its 1% less. Not that the rate is 1%.

He says that the normal flu mortality rate is 1% less than 2%, which is 1%. And you can simply check that it is not true. It's 0.1%.

In epidemiology, a case fatality rate (CFR, also case fatality risk, or case fatality ratio) is the ratio of deaths from a certain disease to the total number of people diagnosed with this disease for a certain period of time.

The CFR for the Spanish (1918) flu was >2.5%, but about 0.1% for the Asian (1956-58) and Hong Kong (1968-69) flus, and <0.1% for other influenza pandemics.

I will just quickly copy paste a message I got with doctor Bruce Lipton's newsletter few minutes ago:

March 10, 2020

Dear Family of Love and Seekers Everywhere,

Coronavirus: Do Not Fear the Bogeyman

The world is currently gripped in fear of the scary coronavirus. Let’s first get one fact clear: If you have ever had a cold or flu in your life, odds are that it was the result of a coronavirus infection. Yes, coronaviruses cause colds.

But, we are being programmed with the belief that this particular cold virus is “deadly.” This fear has shut down concerts, conferences, and major public events all over the world. The fear has led to quarantines and closing down of international travel. It has even led to a major scarcity of toilet paper in Australia, were concerned citizens emptied the shelves of this commodity in anticipation that they will be walled up in their homes with this infection.

First, how deadly is this version of the virus? Yes, there have been corona-related deaths reported with the statistics suggesting that ~2% of the infected population dies. Wow! That number is almost 1% more deaths than are attributed to any conventional flu the world experiences. What is misleading is the fear that everyone who carries this virus may die from their cold. This is simply untrue! The health of almost all the victims of this coronavirus was already compromised before they were infected.

For example, the following information was provided by the news in regard to the 6 patients that died of the virus in the state of Washington last week (I added the bold print):

Washington State

Six people have died in Washington and health officials have identified 18 cases.

Four of the cases in King County were linked to the Life Care nursing facility in Kirkland. More than 50 residents and staff at the facility are being tested.

The deaths announced Monday, according to health officials, included:

-A male in his 70s, who lived at LifeCare. He had underlying health conditions and died Sunday.

-A female resident of LifeCare in her 70s. She also had underlying health conditions and died Sunday.

-A woman in her 80s, who was already reported as in critical condition at EvergreenHealth, died Sunday.

-A Snohomish County resident at EvergreenHealth also died but details of that patient have not been given.

Two previously reported deaths included a man in his 70s who had underlying health conditions and had been a resident of LifeCare. He died at EvergreenHealth on Feb. 29. The other was a man in his 50s with underlying health conditions. He was admitted with serious respiratory issues and tested positive for the virus. He died at EvergreenHealth Medical Center in Kirkland.

As emphasized in this report, the health of all those that died with the coronavirus was already compromised. Healthy people get cold and flu symptoms, while those already sick and near death’s door may experience the “Grim Reaper” when infected by the virus. True, sick people are more vulnerable to the virus; healthy people really have nothing to fear.

As presented in The Biology of Belief, stress is responsible for up to 90% of illness, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes. When an individual is in stress, the release of stress hormones (e.g., cortisol) shuts down the immune system to conserve the body’s energy for running away from the perceived stressor, that proverbial “saber-toothed tiger.” Stress hormones are so effective at compromising the immune system, that physicians therapeutically provide recipients of organ transplants with stress hormones to prevent their immune system from rejecting the foreign implant.

The conclusion is clear: The fear of the coronavirus is more deadly than the virus itself!

The media (perhaps in conjunction with the pharmaceutical industry) is compromising people’s health using the fear card! This is the result of negative thinking (the nocebo effect) which is the complete opposite of the placebo effect manifest through positive thinking! If you make efforts to stay healthy, with good nutrition, exercise, taking vitamins and supplements, and more importantly, avoiding stress (e.g., the “fear” of the virus), even if you do get infected with the virus, you will likely only end up with a cold and/or slight fever.

If you are someone with a compromised immune system, it is supportive to surround yourself with loving family and friends, nature, and positive thoughts as well as any other nutrition and vitamins that you may already be taking for your health and wellbeing. Following your intuition about what is best for you is key! The point here is that no matter who you are and what your state of health, you will only benefit from steering clear of the fear and supporting yourself in whatever way feels best to you.

Please remember the truth of quantum physics, the most valid of all sciences on the planet: Consciousness is creating your life experiences! Are you being conscious of disease … or of health? Wishing you all Health, Happiness and Harmony.

With Love and Light,
Bruce

Regards

Agron
That is not much comfort for someone like me. After 67 years of my immune system being pushed to the limit by life here, it may become important to boost my immune system as much as possible. For that I use Elderberry, Pomegranate, Serropeptase, Iodine and Tobacco.
I was at the health food store picking up some Elderberry extract today. The clerk said Elderberry is for the elderly, to help with aging issues. That made me feel a bit better as I seem to have pretty good combination of immune boosters working in concert with my immune system.
No matter what you see, try to not flinch at what comes along. With knowledge it is possible to walk out the other side.

He says that the normal flu mortality rate is 1% less than 2%, which is 1%. And you can simply check that it is not true. It's 0.1%.

Hes talking about the reported statistics of covid19.
First, how deadly is this version of the virus? Yes, there have been corona-related deaths reported with the statistics suggesting that ~2% of the infected population dies. Wow! That number is almost 1% more deaths than are attributed to any conventional flu the world experiences.

So hes referring to statistics that are un-confirmed as far as I can understand, not the actual rate you cite from wikipedia.

Good discussion Everyone--thanks. Just a thought though about making claims: Those of you who are posting Laura's excellent list of preventions might want to add a couple qualifiers instead of using more absolute language. Instead of saying "to prevent colds and the Corona virus" it might be better to add the word "help"--as in "to help prevent colds and viruses," Using "viruses" alone would include corona without stating explicitly that it would prevent the Corona virus. I would be cautious about claiming flat out that something would prevent a virus that many are becoming hysterically irrational over. Also, it is beyond dispute that Elderberrys also make excellent pie and wine. Be well.

That is not much comfort for someone like me. After 67 years of my immune system being pushed to the limit by life here, it may become important to boost my immune system as much as possible. For that I use Elderberry, Pomegranate, Serropeptase, Iodine and Tobacco.
I was at the health food store picking up some Elderberry extract today. The clerk said Elderberry is for the elderly, to help with aging issues. That made me feel a bit better as I seem to have pretty good combination of immune boosters working in concert with my immune system.
No matter what you see, try to not flinch at what comes along. With knowledge it is possible to walk out the other side.
I think that the fear is a big factor if a flu would hit you no matter your age. Ofcourse that your chances of fighting it off would be somewhat greater if you are younger but what if a flu hit you and you dont fear it at all. The biggest thing I got from his letter is its just flu. Ok, its a nasty one but its nothing we couldnt handle. Ofcourse, if youre already full of infections, loaded on cheap booze and youre swimming in 5G then your chances are extremely low, as we have seen in Wuhan.
I beleive we humans invent problems and disease for ourselves when we let wrong impressions fill our heads and when we act in fear. Literally!

So hes referring to statistics that are un-confirmed as far as I can understand, not the actual rate you cite from wikipedia.

He uses an estimate of 2% for this virus and claims that it is only 1% more than the normal flu. Which is false. I don't know why you keep dodging this obvious fact.

His intent may be in the right place, but it is also important to stick to the facts. And again, the 2% estimate he gives is on par with the Spanish Flu, which killed up to 50 million.

He uses an estimate of 2% for this virus and claims that it is only 1% more than the normal flu. Which is false. I don't know why you keep dodging this obvious fact.

His intent may be in the right place, but it is also important to stick to the facts. And again, the 2% estimate he gives is on par with the Spanish Flu, which killed up to 50 million.
Im not dodging anything. Why would you accuse me of that? I said Im not sure and I tried to explain he is citing statistics that are reported by msm and medical establishment.

Im not dodging anything. Why would you accuse me of that? I said Im not sure and I tried to explain he is citing statistics that are reported by msm and medical establishment.

The fatality rate he gives for the normal flu is wrong. It is 0.1% and not 1%. And the estimate of 2% he gives for this virus is not as "unproblematic" as he claims, because that would be close to the fatality rate of the Spanish Flu.

I came across a recent Jarhead Jones broadcast from The Dark Web. His rant on this outbreak begins like this [to get the full experience, imagine him saying this in his graveliest, growliest voice]:

"The Coronavirus is real. It's deadly, and it's spreading fast. But it's synthetic and it's man-made. And it's now clearly a globalist tricom (?) plot to bring down president Trump and America. This is 21st century warfare. This is World War 4. This is the fight for the future of humanity."

He then cites "computer models out there" to predict "3+ million dead by July."

:nuts:

It's here if you really, really want to watch it.

I've already had to control a desire - a strong desire - from my senior team members to panic and go into near voluntary lock down. The programming is unbelievably effective - people seem hungry for it. They are feeding off it - they want a crisis. Types like me become the new enemy - the scapegoat ready to sacrificed outside the city walls! Wont be long now!
Indeed. Just look at some of the posters on this thread. You can tell them a hundred ways that this is nothing to get freaked out by, but on and on they go.

It's here if you really, really want to watch it.
yes.... but no thanks.
The future is open and whatever happens, one takes proper precautions (and think of a plan B if things get really bad) and prepare for whatever happens. It's not different from what one should do anyway, corona o no corona. At this point, speculations and hyterics became unbearable, as if at a subconscious level, people hope for a real plague to strike in order to fullfill their zombie apocalypse fantasies.

The fatality rate he gives for the normal flu is wrong. It is 0.1% and not 1%. And the estimate of 2% he gives for this virus is not as "unproblematic" as he claims, because that would be close to the fatality rate of the Spanish Flu.
Im sorry if theres some sort of a problem with those numbers. But as I understand from what he wrote he quotes statistics that are coming in from msm and hospitals at this moment? If you trust those sources you might have a point. For now Im still more inclined to think they are the ones that are manufacturing this so called "pandemic".

And I copy/pasted his letter for mainly for its soothing and calming nature based in logic and cause I sort of trust him. I like his anti-medical establishment credentials and I read his book "Biology of belief". To me he really seems like a good source for this kind of thing.

There's also this interesting article on SOTT: How to prevent coronavirus? Start smoking
We've updated that one with comments. Davis was off in his calculation because he assumed that '50% of all Chinese are smokers', when in fact it's that 50% of Chinese men are smokers.

So the figure he came up with regarding smokers being less likely to get infected ('nearly 6 times less likely') is too high. From what I can gather, the percentage of smokers today in China is around 25%. It's certainly the case that way more men than women smoke in China, though exact figures vary.

Using a different assumption than the one Davis used in that article - that just 25%, not 50%, of the population of Wuhan are smokers - then the sample of clinical data from the study he cites suggests that non-smokers are nearly 3 times more likely than smokers and ex-smokers to become infected (and develop symptoms/die).

However, something else to be factored back into this is that the study's clinical data from Wuhan shows that just 41.8% of the case studies in the study sample were female. It's early days, but if this outbreak plays out like MERS and SARS did, then it too is (marginally, probably) affecting men more than it does women.

Depending on the male-female COVID-19 infection/disease ratio in China, this sex difference would increase our assumption of the percentage of smokers in Wuhan and thus push the figure back up to non-smokers being 3 or >3 times more likely than smokers and ex-smokers to become infected.

Here's a link to the study. Note that it finds that just 12.6% 'current smokers' were among its infected sample, just half the number that 'should' be there if we assume 25% of Wuhan smokes.

This is simply not true for two reasons:

- The normal flu has a 0.1% mortality rate, not 1%.
- Nobody knows the mortality rate of this coronavirus, due to many mild and unrecognized cases. The estimates range from 0.5% to 3.5%.

Nobody even knows the lower range! It could be less than 0.5%.

And even if the 2% mortality rate he gives is correct, that is on par with the Spanish Flu which killed up to 50 million.

About the 'Spanish Flu' (it wasn't Spanish; it started on a US military base, but anyway)...

Worse still, the WHO is the only source we have found so far that claims a death toll of 20 million. Most sources, such as the CDC (and see here), broadly agree that between 50 million and 100 million people died of the Spanish Flu. In order for 50-100 million deaths to be 2-3% of total cases there would have had to be 2.5 billion - 5 billion cases.

The human population of the Earth was 1.8 billion at the time. This means that it's CFR (case-to-fatality rate) was 10-20%... but Wikipedia (and, no doubt, other media and institutions) are currently editing that figure downwards to make this current outbreak seem worse than it is.

Back
Top Bottom