"Crisis" In Israel/Palestine/Lebanon/Syria

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3274418,00.html

Post-kidnapping: IDF may call reserves

Due to second front in north and in order not to affect operation in Gaza, army considering calling up reserves
Hanan Greenberg

The Israel Defense Forces began sending special forces to the northern border Wednesday, as well as calling soldiers back from leave in order to reinforce the military array in the north.

Northern Attack

11 wounded; 2 soldiers kidnapped / Ahiya Raved

(VIDEO) Under massive fire in a coordinated attack, Hizbullah kidnaps two IDF soldiers, demands prisoner release in exchange for troops. Israel confirms two soldiers missing. IDF strikes targets in south Lebanon, conducts ground search in bid to locate troops
Full story

The Hizbullah attack on the north Wednesday morning, taking place simultaneously to IDF operations in Gaza, puts the IDF in a tough situation, especially considering the complicated maneuvers necessary on both fronts. At this time, the Givati and Golani infantry brigades are deployed in Gaza, along with armored corps forces and others. The Israel Air Force is also operating intensely in the southern region, meaning it would require additional forces to operate in the north.

The IDF operations branch conducted several meetings to determine which forces would be sent north. It is imperative not to move the forces currently stationed in south, as the military is still in the throes of the Gaza operation. Because the paratroopers are also currently engaged, in a series of operations near Nablus, additional forces are required in order to cover the northern arena.

Complicated situation

An IDF source explained that since Wednesday morning, with the onset of the Hizbollah attacks and their drastic results, several forces - including special forces - were called to the northern arena, and instructions were issued to call soldiers back from leave. The IDF estimates that if the situation on the northern border escalates, it will be necessary to call up reserves, in order for them to take control of lower-maintenance areas currently manned by soldiers in compulsory service, thus freeing those soldiers to assist in the northern arena.

The air force is also facing a complicated situation, due to its critical role in Gaza, where it has already executed 300 sorties. At this time, the IAF will have to undergo a major reallocation of resources.

Because of IDF operations in Gaza, the IDF Chief of General Staff, Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, signed on Thursday a special decree allowing for the immediate enlistment of reserves, if the need arises. Defense Minister, Amir Peretz, also signed the decree and reserves were immediately contacted regarding reserves service to begin next week.

At this point, enlistment of reserves will be limited, most of them in combat assistance positions such as mechanics and munitions experts.

"Due to the nature of the situation, when the IDF organizes a longer-range operational effort, there is a need for more depth, and that is why reserves are being called upon," an IDF source told Ynet.

Reserves have currently been enlisted for a period of eight to 10 days, although there is the distinct possibility that this period will be extended.

This is a worrying turn of events, as if thing in the Palestine area were not already bad enough, the Israeli's now may have use this action by Hizbullah as a pretext to widen the war front into Lebanon and against the lebanese civilian population as well as the Hizzbullah factions.

The fact that the IDF is looking to sign up and use reservists in case of escaltion of operations to the North as well as special forces tells me that they have no intention of negotiating the release of any prisoners in exchange for the IDF soldiers captured. In fact it looks like the exact same pretext/setup they used for the Genocide being commited in the Gaza Stip. How convienient for the Israeli Pathocrats.

This is also quite a stunning manouver as it seems to be tied into the same timescale as the latest attention grabbing media story abut the bombing in Mumbai (Bombay). Which I have a feeling may be blamed on the CIA/Mossad/Mi5 related terrorist network of Al-qaeda (which we know already to a be commiting False Flag attacks on behalf of TPTB). Maybe this was timed so that the media would be too busy looking at the train bombings, to focus on the Genocide being commited in Palestine by the Israeli Pathocrats (not the general Iraeli pop). The reason I mention that this attack may in some way be linked to the Al-Qaeda (Cia/Mossad/Mi5) people is the significance of the date 11-07. This seems to fit into the occult numerology cycle as we have witnessed with other False Flag operations perpetrated on behalf of "The Beast" and its occult followers.

I fear this may be a slow build up to the large scale widening of the Israeli conflict in the Middle East with the Arab nations around it, but I really hope I'm wrong.

I think what happened is that Bush and Olmert were checked from bombing Iran by Russia and China, so now they are going to the heart of the matter and skipping a step in The Plan by setting Palestine, Lebanon and Syria on fire.

This is happening now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1818696,00.html

2.30pm update

Israelis invade Lebanon after soldiers are seized

Conal Urquhart in Gaza City, Chris McGreal in Jerusalem and agencies
Wednesday July 12, 2006

Guardian
Israeli tanks and troops invaded southern Lebanon today after Hizbullah captured two soldiers and killed several others - compounding a political crisis over an abducted soldier held in Gaza.

The Israeli air force killed a family of nine, including seven children, in a large bomb attack on a Gaza City house.

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, described the capture of the two soldiers an "act of war" by Lebanon.

Hizbullah said it would not exchange the two until Israel agrees to release all Arab prisoners. Palestinian militias holding Corporal Gilad Shalit in the Gaza Strip have demanded that all Palestinian women and young people held in Israeli jails be freed.

Several other Israeli soldiers were killed in fighting after Mr Olmert ordered his forces into Lebanon in an attempt to rescue the soldiers. He called an emergency meeting of his security cabinet.

"These are difficult days for the state of Israel and its citizens," said Mr Olmert. "There are people ... who are trying to test our resolve. They will fail and they will pay a heavy price for their actions."

The crisis for the Israelis was compounded by the airforce killing a family of nine people by dropping a 550-pound bomb on a house in a residential area of Gaza City early today. The bomb killed Nabil Abu Salmiah, a lecturer at the Islamic University described by Israel as a Hamas activist, his wife and their five daughters and two sons. Five of the dead children were aged between four and 11. The other two were in their teens.

Hizbullah's capture of the two soldiers is a huge political embarrassment to the Israeli prime minister, coming after the seizure of Cpl Shalit last month. Mr Olmert has been pursuing a drawn-out strategy to win the release of Cpl Shalit - who is held by Hamas's military wing and other groups - and to end Palestinian rocket attacks. He has initiated a series of assaults on the Gaza Strip, put Gaza's 1.4m residents under pressure with the destruction of the only power station and other infrastructure, and arrested members of the Hamas-controlled Palestinian government and MPs.

It will be considerably harder for Israel to win the release of its soldiers held in Lebanon and Mr Olmert will be concerned that Hamas and Hizbullah might start working in concert to demand the release of prisoners as a condition for freeing the missing soldiers. The killings of the Salmiah children will also be a severe embarrassment to Israel which has killed about 40 civilians, many of them children, in missile and shell attacks over recent weeks.

The death of the Salmiah family is likely to be compared to a notorious attack in which an Israeli jet dropped a one tonne bomb on an apartment block four years ago killing Salah Shehade, the Hamas military leader, and 14 other people, including nine children.

Today's bomb attack happened as the Israeli army entered new areas of the Gaza Strip. Scores of tanks and armoured personnel carriers took up positions around Deir al Balah and Khan Yunis in central Gaza, blocking movement between the two halves of the strip.

Witnesses said that the only members of the Salmiah family to survive were two sons, one thrown out of the house by the explosion and another rescued from the rubble, and the eldest daughter, who was married and lived elsewhere.

The bomb hit the detached house which was surrounded by blocks of apartments in the Sheikh Redwan area of Gaza City. Sadullah Zant, 31, a relative and a neighbour said he was asleep on his balcony when he heard two explosions within seconds of each other.

"My building moved up and down and I heard crashing and screaming. I ran out and I saw people emerging from the building covered in blood and dust. People were screaming and you could still hear the jets overhead."

Witnesses said that the second explosion was a missile fired by a helicopter at a car that was fleeing the area, suggesting that the men Israel were targeting had already left the house when the bomb struck.

All that remained of the house was a single facade which leaned precariously on the remaining debris. A Hamas flag still flew from what remained of the roof and Hamas posters could be seen on a section of wall. Mechanical diggers removed rubble while workmen cut away steel cable with saws and blowtorches.

At around 8am, rescuers found Awda Abu Salmiah, 19. He was taken to hospital where he was treated for severe bruising and cuts. He was conscious but he had not been told the fate of his family.

Israeli sources said they had been trying to kill Mohammed Deif who had met in the Abu Salmiah house with other commanders of the Hamas military wing. Deif was a former leader of the Hamas military wing who has been injured in three previous assassination attempts. Although he has been replaced as leader by Ahmed Jaabri, he remains an influential figure.

In a text message to the Associated Press, a Hamas spokesman wrote: "We deny the allegations that commander Mohammed Deif was wounded, and we confirm that he and his colleagues have survived."

Notice how the report says:

"Hizbullah's capture of the two soldiers is a huge political embarrassment to the Israeli prime minister...."Now why did they have to say something like that?Kinda fanning the flames wouldn't ya say? I know its like fanning the flames of Hell,doesn't nned help at all, but still.

You know, 7 Israeli soldiers were killed today. This event was all over the news. During this day my colleague said to me from time to time "Oh, those poor soldiers. Did you hear what happened?" Yes, I did. But I couldn't tell her anything more then "Yeah , right..." What could I tell her? That this is a major setup for Israel? That Israeli psychopaths are responsible for those deaths? That before death of those soldiers, lot of innocent Palestinians were killed? The only thing I could say was, "Yeah, right..."

And then I asked her about her husband. What was his military rank. Because of those latest news, everyone was on the edge, because lot of the reserve soldiers were called. Frankly, I was extremely glad that my boyfriend was smart enough to remain a private (and it requires talent, believe me) so he won't be called, unless it is an official war and everyone is called (including woman).

She said he is a sergeant. And I made a remark about most of the soldiers being a cannon fodder. And that I am not sure that all the people agree in their heart to die for their "homeland".
I am sure she wasn't ready for such remark, and after her silence I'll refrain from such remarks in the future.

The fact is, there are lot of people here who prepared to sacrifice themselves for this country. They are willing to die for those psychopaths. Even one of my best friends (Russian) told me today, that even if she knows my opinion about this country ("there is no future for me here") and she knows that I am willing to leave Israel when I'll have a chance, she said that she is staying here till the end, because she sees this place as a real home. And even if I have to admit that Israel have a very deep place in my heart (those a very unique and sometimes very true and magnificent people) I hope that I won't have to make any choices, but I'll leave in order to live. I wish I could do something, but I can't. I truly can't.

I have a very close friend who lost his brother (Tziki) in a military event. He wasn't killed by an Arab, but an Arab was involved. Tziki was stationed there, he and others were on the guard when some Arab tried to pass the barricades. They signaled him to stop, but for some reason he didn't. So, there was extremely stressed situation, they didn't know Arab's intentions. But Tziki decided to get close to the car and clear the matter. And then apparently one of the soldiers panicked, and maybe an Arab continued to move (I do not remember the details) but the soldier started to shoot. And one of the ricochet bullets got Tziki.
This is a real tragedy. I can't and will never be able tell anything to my friend about "pathocratic forces". I just can't look him in the eyes and say it. For him, his brother was a hero. And he was really a great young person.

Another event that was told me by my boyfriend. I've arrived to Israel after a first Gulf War. And he told me that during this period he and his family were living in Shomron area ( very near the "occupied territory"). And they had every day "Scud alerts". At first, because everyone feared chemical weapons, they were going to the shelters and putting on protective masks, but after time everyone got used to a bombing, and even were outside to watch. So, my boyfriend usually heard Scuds doing "vviiishhhh...." above his head and falling in an unoccupied area. But he also heard (and saw people on the roofs!) cheering and laughing from near Arab settlement. He said (and I believe him) that "Israeli Arabs" showed that they were very happy about this war, until one incident occurred. One day he heard "vviiiish..." above his head, and then lot of screams. Apparently Scud landed on Arab settlement territory. Since then he never heard any laughter from this direction.

Why do I say about it? Because I find it difficult to judge in close proximity to victims relatives...No matter who the victims are (from both sides). This IS a real tragedy. And we are all human. It's easy to point out a guilty, but everyone of us hope we won't have to BE there to feel it with our skin.
The enemy is different and well defined by this site (SOTT). Those are "Psychopathic Forces". And our goal is to learn how to identify them and how to fight them. It' saves lives. And it may save OUR lives and lives of everybody close to us.

Hi Guys, I changed the name of the topic to reflect the content, and I'd like to use it for ongoing discussion, comments, opinions and article posting of news and events as they transpire from Israel/Palestine etc.

Joe

Keit said:
Why do I say about it? Because I find it difficult to judge in close proximity to victims relatives...No matter who the victims are (from both sides). This IS a real tragedy. And we are all human. It's easy to point out a guilty, but everyone of us hope we won't have to BE there to feel it with our skin.
The enemy is different and well defined by this site (SOTT). Those are "Psychopathic Forces". And our goal is to learn how to identify them and how to fight them. It' saves lives. And it may save OUR and lives of everybody close to use.
Hi Keit, and thanks for sharing these insights. As you say, we need to remember that it is us against them, i.e. all of humanity against the pathocrats. Of course, there will be people who have "sold their souls" so to speak, or who are otherwise decided to their path, and for these we have to simply let them do/think as they believe. But there are many who are sitting on the fence, and there is all to play for.

Joe

Many interesting things in the article below, such as the Palestianian foreign ministry being attacked by Israeli Air Strikes. Why would the Israeli Pathocracy target this building which I would guess would be full of diplomats and not the "Islamic Terror cells" they are reportedly warring against? Maybe they would like to stifle the efforts of the Palestinians to call for International help, or even silence their Foreign Ministry to hamper contacts with the outside world and reporting on the attrocities/genocide taking place? I can only hazard a guess.

Also notice the bombing of the Lebanons only International airport. Seems again like the Israeli Pathocracy is trying to shut off any form of International help/relations or mediation by destroying the very facility that may be the only link to the outside/international world for the Lebanese. Also this international airport is a sign of Lebanese independance and pride, so the pathocracy is going for the jugular and may be trying to force internal critisism of Hizbullah from their own people by bombing this particular target.

I also find it a little odd that although the airport runways were bombed, that there are no reports of any casualties. This may be true, but in my experience of any airport I've been to in more than 10 different countries is that they are usually full of people, even on the runways there are a small number of staff for maintenace and routine flight operations.

Also of note the 10 children killed overnight (undoubtedly not members of Hizzbullah or any terroris organisation) and the ten memebers of one family. This just goes to show that the Israeli pathocrats are not targeting Hizzbullah, but the entire civilian population of Lebanon.

Also of note, the large amount of infrastructure being destroyed in the intiaal military raids. Again the Israeli pathocrats are not targeting exclusively the Hizzbullah targets, but also civilian infrastructure targets, just as we have been witnessing in Gaza.

Israel Steps up Lebanon Offensive

Israel has attacked Beirut airport and launched raids across southern Lebanon killing 27 people, in a major offensive after two of its soldiers were seized.
Israeli strikes also hit a TV station run by the militant group Hezbollah, which captured the soldiers on Tuesday and has demanded a prisoner exchange.

In retaliation, Hezbollah fired rockets into Israel, killing one person.

The attacks came as Israel continued a separate offensive in the Gaza Strip over another captured soldier.

Israeli jets attacked the Palestinian foreign ministry building in Gaza City.

At least 10 people were reported injured in the attack, which was said to have badly damaged the building.

'Act of war'

The operation follows the capture of Israeli soldier, Cpl Gilad Shalit, by Palestinian militants two weeks ago.

The offensive in Lebanon follows a day of heavy fighting in which the Israelis suffered their worst losses on the border for several years. Eight Israeli soldiers were killed and two wounded.

Israel has said it holds Lebanon responsible for the soldiers' capture and views it as an "act of war".

Three rockets hit runways at Beirut airport, Lebanon's only international airport, early on Thursday.

The airport, which is located in the Lebanese capital's Hezbollah-controlled southern suburbs, was closed and flights diverted.

The Israeli military confirmed that its aircraft had struck the facility.

"The airport is used as a central hub for the transfer of weapons and supplies to the Hezbollah terrorist organisation," an Israeli army spokesman said.

There were no immediate reports of casualties at the airport.

Ten of the dead in the overnight raids were children.

Israel said its jets also hit 40 Hezbollah targets.

At least 10 members of one family were reported killed in Dweir village.

Hezbollah guerrillas responded by firing volleys of rockets at the northern Israeli coastal town of Nahariya.

A 40-year-old woman was killed when her home was struck by a rocket, medics said. The Israeli military confirmed the death.

Israeli PM Ehud Olmert said the soldiers' capture was an "act of war", but Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah insisted the two would only be returned via talks.

Mr Olmert said he held Beirut responsible, but Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Siniora denied any knowledge of the Hezbollah operation and refused to take responsibility for the soldiers' capture. Before targeting the airport, Israel launched night air strikes on bridges and roads in southern Lebanon. Many bridges were destroyed.

The BBC's Kim Ghattas in Beirut says it is the first time in a decade that Beirut airport had been hit by Israeli fire.

The airport, rebuilt after the civil war, is a symbol of national pride for the people of Lebanon, our correspondent adds.
Story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5175160.stm

One more point I wish to share was what I have so far witnessed in almost all of the British news reprts of these events concerning Lebanon, the insistance that the Hizzbullah attacks are a direct result of Iranian & Syrian government policy and orders (with a great deal more emphasis on the Iranians than the Syrians).

Like Keit I also find many people in my life (maybe as many as 99.9%) I cannot share my thought or views with on the psychopathic nature of our world. For me the fact that there are maybe just 1 or 2 people in my personal life and circle of friends/family/colleagues who are open to at least discuss this is what drives me on to continue to try and talk about it with those who are willing to listen. For those whom I know will not listen, I do not waste my breath or energy, as they have quite obviously made their choices and I would be wrong to try and influence them or force the subject and my views upon them.

An updated report from the BBC states that Israel has now aslo imosed a blockade of Lebanese waters. Seems like they don't like the idea of anyone fleeing the situation by either air or water to me.

Haaretz has an article of different governments' reactions to the events.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/738183.html

Last update - 14:20 13/07/2006

Bush says Israel has right to defend itself but urges restraint

By Haaretz Service and News Agencies

U.S. President George W. Bush said on Thursday that Israel had a right to defend itself against terrorist acts but it should not weaken the Beirut government.

"Israel has the right to defend herself," Bush told a news conference after a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"Secondly, whatever Israel does should not weaken the...government in Lebanon."

The president's comment came in response to the escalating violence between Israel and Lebanon, on Thursday after IAF warplanes carried out strikes in Lebanon in retalliation to Hezbollah's abduction of two soldiers a day earlier.

On Thursday, a U.S. administration official gave a response on condition of anonymity regarding the crisis.

"We are urging restraint on both sides, recognizing Israel's right to defend itself," the Uofficial said.

Meanwhile, French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said on Thursday that Israel's strikes in Lebanon, including the bombardment of Beirut airport, were "a disproportionate act of war."

"For several hours, there has been a bombardment of an airport of an entirely sovereign country, a friend of France ... this is a disproportionate act of war," Douste-Blazy told Europe 1 radio station.

Douste-Blazy also condemned Hezbollah's firing of rockets into northern Israel and the kidnapping of the soldiers, saying these were "irresponsible acts."

"The only solution is a return to reason by both sides," he said. "We are calling for a lowering of tensions," he said.

France supported "Lebanon's demand for a referral to the United Nations Security Council as soon as possible", he said, adding the risk of a regional war "absolutely" existed.

Russian Foreign Minister Mikhail Kamynin condemned both Israel's strikes and Hezbollah's abduction of IDF soldiers in a strongly worded statement released on Thursday.

"The continued destruction of civilian infrastructure in Lebanon and the Palestinian territories and the disproportionate use of force by Israel, which causes suffering to the civilian population, can be neither understood nor justified," he said.

"Equally unacceptable are any manifestations of terrorism and the taking of hostages, who must be released immediately and unconditionally," he said.

Spain on Thursday condemned the kidnapping of the soldiers, and called on the IDF to use restraint in its retaliation.

"The Spanish government, very worried about these grave incidents, demands an end to the armed aggression against Israel and the immediate liberation of the kidnapped soldiers," the Spanish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

It also called on "Israel to act with moderation and in proportion to these events given the need to avoid a spreading of violence, which would put the stability of the region in danger and would have as its principal victim, once again, the civilian population."

Air Sinai cancels flight to Tel Aviv
Air Sinai, the only Egyptian airline which flies to Israel, canceled its flight to Tel Aviv on Thursday morning after Israel launched attacks in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

The flight was due to take off at 9.45 a.m. with 50 passengers but the airline sent them home at the last minute, airport sources said.

A manager at Air Sinai, a wholly-owned subsidiary of state carrier EgyptAir, said the decision to cancel the flight came as a surprise. He said he was looking into the reason for the closure.

EgyptAir and the Lebanese airline Middle East Airways also canceled their flights between Cairo and Beirut on Thursday because of the Israel Defense Forces attack on Beirut's only international airport.
By reading above the "terrorist acts" as mentioned by ministers and Bush, i am reminded of the term conversive thinking. And since i have yet to read Political Ponerology, nor to i know much about politics either, i wonder if the term can be applied here. NOONE calls the Israeli acts "terrorism".

I am also a aware that the governement in Lebanon is very "fragile" and all these might cause a civil turmoil among everything else.

irini

Irini said:
I am also a aware that the governement in Lebanon is very "fragile" and all these might cause a civil turmoil among everything else.
Thats exactly what I was thiking Irini, that the attacks on on the civilian infrastructure could lead to more political instability among the Lebanese people due to this overwhelming military aggraseion against its civilian infrastructure.

Here's an article I just found from one of the Russian news services Novosti. I include it hear as there is a very telling sentance at the bottom of the text that suggests (from the Russian POV anyway) that any further escaltion of the violence could lead to the violence and war spilling over the borders of more neighbouring Middle Eastern countries, or act as a direct provocation.

Two guesses what countries they may be (just for a start)? Perhaps Syria and Iran? I think this may also hint at a little bit of insecurity on the part of the Russian pathocrats as they must know that their own technicians and staff at the Iranian reactor they are helping build would be in a direct firing line if war between Iran and Israel did break out (and whatever other assets they may have in the middle east area). Just my 5cents, I'll be watching the situation with mounting disgust.

Russia blasts Israeli Lebanon attack, demands hostage release

MOSCOW, July 13 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Foreign Ministry condemned Thursday Israel's attack on the airport of Beirut and demanded the immediate release of Israeli hostages taken by Hizbollah.

An Israeli missile strike on Beirut's international airport Thursday morning left at least 27 Lebanese, including 10 children killed. Radical movement Hizbollah took two Israeli hostages Wednesday after killing seven Israelis in fighting.

"The attack on Lebanon's airport is a dangerous step toward military escalation," ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin said, adding that Russia firmly supported Lebanon's territorial integrity and sovereignty.

He also called for the "immediate and unconditional" release of the Israeli hostages taken by Hizbollah.

Kamynin said both sides should take urgent action to prevent an open conflict in the Middle East.

"Most importantly, it is necessary to prevent any steps that would provoke involving new sides in the confrontation," he added.

Keit said:
You know, 7 Israeli soldiers were killed today. This event was all over the news. During this day my colleague said to me from time to time "Oh, those poor soldiers. Did you hear what happened?" Yes, I did. But I couldn't tell her anything more then "Yeah , right..." What could I tell her? That this is a major setup for Israel? That Israeli psychopaths are responsible for those deaths? That before death of those soldiers, lot of innocent Palestinians were killed? The only thing I could say was, "Yeah, right..."
Many thanks for sharing your views from within the local envirnment, Keit. Please do keep us informed.

I wish you and your family the best.

France's foreign minister condemned Israeli attacks on Lebanon on Thursday, and said he supported Beirut's calls for the UN Security Council to intervene.
The Israeli invasion "is a disproportional act of war with negative consequences," Philippe Douste-Blazy told France's Europe-1 radio. He added that France was calling for "the unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Lebanon to be preserved."

Douste-Blazy appeared to be stepping up France's opposition to the Israeli campaign on a country with historical ties to Paris. On Wednesday, he condemned Israeli strikes but also the kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers by Hizbullah, and he demanded their release.

On Thursday, he warned that Israel's air campaign - its heaviest against Lebanon in 24 years - could "plunge Lebanon back into the worst years of the war with the flight of thousands of Lebanese who...were in the process of rebuilding their country."

"Today, we support the Lebanese request that the UN Security Council take up the issue as soon as possible," he said, echoing calls by Lebanon's Cabinet.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150885988500&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Thanks for that update from France Ark, it seems from news reports around the net that Greece, Italy and many other countries are now condeming the "Disproportionate use of force", from the Israelis as well as critisising Hizbullah for the hostage taking.

Here's the latest escalation from Haaretz
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=737860&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0

I have posted just a snip to save on bandwidth as much of the article is a repeat of information already posted.

Note the comment by IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz that "we are not at war", and yet the IDF plana full scale wide range air assualt over Lebanon. If this is not the acts of a country at war, then what is?

I must stress however, that this is not the Israeli people carrying out this campaign, but the pathocratic Zionist Elite in charge of the IDF and Israeli politics

Israel Air Force warplanes blasted runways at the main Lebanese army air base in eastern Lebanon near Syria's border Thursday evening, Lebanese police said.

Jets dropped two bombs on the runway at the Rayak air base in the eastern Bekaa Valley, damaging it, police said. There were no reports of casualties. Rayak, 50 kilometers east of Beirut and about seven kilometers west of the Syrian border, is home to the country's main military air base and is military headquarters in eastern Lebanon.

Shortly afterward, the IAF also bombed the small military airport of Qulayaat in northern Lebanon, security sources and witnesses said.

It was the third airport to be hit by Israel on Thursday, cutting off all of Lebanon's civilian and military air access.

These were the first IAF strikes on the Lebanese army in Israel's fight with Hezbollah guerrillas.

Israel threatens to hit Beirut neighborhood

Israel threatened Thursday to strike at Hezbollah offices in a residential area of Beirut in response to scores of Katyusha attacks on population centers inside Israel. An Israeli woman was killed and dozens were wounded across Israel's north in the Hezbollah shellings.

At least 52 Lebanese have been killed in IAF retaliatory air strikes.

IAF jets Thursday morning carried out flybys over the area of Beirut, which is home to senior members of Hezbollah, as well as some of its supporters.

In response, Hezbollah said that it would target the major northern port city of Haifa.

The Israel Defense Forces confirmed that several rockets landed some 15 kilometers south of the border with Lebanon on Thursday morning, signaling that Hezbollah is becoming increasingly successful in expanding the reach of the crude projectiles. This is the furthest that Hezbollah rockets have managed to penetrate inside Israel.

A senior Israel Defense Forces officer said Thursday that Hezbollah has missiles that could reach the cities of Haifa and Tiberias.

Brigadier General Yossi Baidatz, the commander of the research arm of military intelligence, told a parliamentary committee Thursday that Hezbollah had about 100 missiles with a range of between 40 kilometers (25 miles) and 70 kilometers (44 miles), a participant in the meeting said. That would put the cities of Haifa and Tiberias within range.

Hezbollah also has thousands of Katyusha rockets that have a range of about 20 kilometers (12 miles), Baidatz said, according to the participant, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting was closed.

The government is working on the assumption that Hezbollah will use rockets with a longer range than they have previously had to strike civilians areas in Israel. Should that happen, the IDF will then consider sending ground troops into Lebanon.

The IAF is prepared to strike anywhere in Lebanon, including the capital of Beirut, if the Lebanese government fails to rein in Hezbollah guerrillas, IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz said Thursday.

Halutz noted that all senior Hezbollah leaders live and have offices in the southern Beirut neighborhood of Dahiya. He said Beirut could be included among the targets if Hezbollah rockets continue to hit northern Israel. "Nothing is safe [in Lebanon], as simple as that," he said.

He said the residents of Dahiya should understand the situation and draw the proper conclusions if concerned about their safety.

"We are not at war, but we are in a very high volume crisis, and we have an intention to put an end to the situation here along the northern border," Halutz told reporters Thursday.

"We are taking the Lebanese government as the one who is carrying all the responsibility on its shoulders regarding this area and regarding the future of Lebanon," said Halutz.

"The Lebanese government needs to understand that there is a price for its inaction. They need to understand that if they are not able to deal with terror, we will have no choice but to fight with them," he added.

The IDF began preparing Wednesday night for a widespread aerial assault on Lebanon, after the cabinet approved a "severe" response to the Hezbollah attack on the northern border earlier in the day, which ended with eight soldiers dead and two kidnapped.

Defense Minister Amir Peretz said following the late-night meeting that Israel would not allow Hezbollah return to its positions along Lebanon's border with Israel.

"Beirut is paying the price for its small-minded attitude that has lasted for years," Peretz said during a special meeting of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee in Tel Aviv on Thursday morning.

In southern Lebanon, at least 36 civilians were reported killed in overnight IAF attacks, including a family of 10 and another family of seven in the village of Dweir, Lebanese officials said.

MSNBC is reporting -

"Israel says hundreds of targets hit in Lebanon
Official warns Hezbollah sending captured soldiers to Iran; Tehran denies it"

So, we see the attempt to link to and draw in Iran - here we go...

Back
Top Bottom