Crystal volume and shape

• Thread starter kahnsentrayshun
  • Start date
kahnsentrayshun said:
I am thinking about getting either a black obsidian sphere, pyramid (or other equally or more powerful shape,) or beaded necklace to better help ground me and protect me against other peoples negative vibes. I have several questions though relating to the power of the crystals in each of these options.
You are making an assumption here that one of the gadgets you mention will help to protect you. What if it will help to make you even less protected
than you are now?

That is entirely possible ark. Though I think it is very unlikely. I think obsidian is a naturally occurring element that is created from the earth and has a vibration that resonates with earth's frequencies. Not everything that comes from the earth is beneficial to us without a doubt. Poison oak isn't so beneficial to us, (unless I am ignorant of some medicinal value of it...) My intuition tells me that crystals might be able to help enhance my energy field. If some of my chakras are fully crystallized, then I'll be able to have more access to the power of crystals. If this is the case, then I will have more access to the higher realms of being, and this will aid me on my path towards STO. And even if it doesn't, it is an experiment nonetheless. An experiment that will yield knowledge for myself and possibly others.

kahnsentrayshun said:
I am still very interested if anyone has any CONSTRUCTIVE information to offer.
Personally I thought the following from AdPop was most constructive
Your post indicates quite a bit of thought going into the question of the crystals, so it's already a distraction!

kahnsentrayshun said:
Crystals can be used for scrying (...) Scrying is used as a method for accessing higher intelligences.
It might be useful if you could give some concrete examples of successful scrying, instead of a wikipedia link.

kahnsentrayshun said:
My intuition tells me that crystals might be able to help enhance my energy field.
Even if this was true, who says that enhancing your energy field is a good idea at all? What if your energy field is full of all sorts of garbage that will also be enhanced?

kahnsentrayshun said:
I am thinking about getting either a black obsidian sphere, pyramid (or other equally or more powerful shape,) or beaded necklace to better help ground me and protect me against other peoples negative vibes.
Can you explain in detail how these things protect you from negative vibes, and how do these objects ‘know’ how to differentiate between negative vibes and positive vibes?

Could you please explain what the difference is between sacred geometry and ordinary geometry that is taught in schools.

kahnsentrayshun said:
I realize that meditation, love, knowledge, application of knowledge, and being in the moment are of ultimate importance while on the spiritual path to 4th density and beyond. I currently practice those as well as practice yoga (helps boost immune system, improve circulation, align my spine, open chakras, move energy where needed, and ground myself.) Anyways, I've been considering buying some crystals to help aid my spiritual progression.

I am thinking about getting either a black obsidian sphere, pyramid (or other equally or more powerful shape,) or beaded necklace to better help ground me and protect me against other peoples negative vibes. I have several questions though relating to the power of the crystals in each of these options.
You must learn how to think. Learning your lessons in this world is what real spirituality is all about. There is no such thing as a spiritual activity that stands apart from an earthly one. What connects the two is what you see and who you are. Crystals can't think for you: they can't give you knowledge, nor could crystals teach you how to think, nor could they make you a better person.

In the book 'Views From The Real World' Gurdjieff said:

(Excerpted from the Chapter "When speaking on different subjects')

[...] in order to do you must know; but to know you must find out how to know. We cannot find this out by ourselves.

Besides self-knowledge, there is another aspect of the search —self-development. Let us see how things stand there. It is clear that a man left to his own devices cannot wring out of his little finger the knowledge of how to develop and, still less, exactly what to develop in himself. Gradually, by meeting people who are searching, by talking to them and by reading relevant books, a man becomes drawn into the sphere of questions concerning self-development.

But what may he meet here? First of all an abyss of the most unpardonable charlatanism, based entirely on the greed for making money by hoaxing gullible people who are seeking a way out of their spiritual impotence. But before a man learns to divide the wheat from the tares, a long time must elapse and perhaps the urge itself to find the truth will flicker and go out in him, or will become morbidly perverted and his blunted flair may lead him into such a labyrinth that the path out of it, figuratively speaking, will lead straight to the devil. If a man succeeds in getting out of this first swamp, he may fall into a new quagmire of pseudo-knowledge. In that case truth will be served up in such an indigestible and vague form that it produces the impression of a pathological delirium. He will be shown ways and means of developing hidden powers and ca- pacities which he is promised, if he is persistent, will without much trouble give him power and domain over everything, including animate creatures, inert matter and the elements. All these systems, based on a variety of theories, are extraordinarily alluring, no doubt precisely because of their vagueness. They have a particular attraction for the half-educated, those who are half-instructed in positivist knowledge.

In view of the fact that most questions studied from the point of view of esoteric and occult theories often go beyond the limits of data accessible to modern science, these theories often look down on it. Although on the one hand they give positivist science its due, on the other, they belittle its importance and leave the impression that science is not only a failure but even worse.

What is the use then of going to the university, of studying and straining over official textbooks, if theories of this kind enable one to look down on all other learning and to pass judgment on scientific questions?

But there is one important thing the study of such theories does not give; it does not engender objectivity in questions of knowledge, less so even than science. Indeed it tends to blur a man's brain and to diminish his capacity for reasoning and thinking soundly, and leads him toward psychopathy. This is the effect of such theories on the half-educated who take them for authentic revelation. But their effect is not very different on scientists themselves, who may have been affected, however slightly, by the poison of discontent with existing things. Our thinking machine possesses the capacity to be convinced of anything you like, provided it is repeatedly and persistently influenced in the required direction. A thing that may appear absurd to start with will in the end become rationalized, provided it is repeated sufficiently often and with sufficient con- viction. And, just as one type will repeat ready-made words which have stuck in his mind, so a second type will find intri- cate proofs and paradoxes to explain what he says. But both are equally to be pitied. All these theories offer assertions which, like dogmas, usually cannot be verified. Or in any case they cannot be verified by the means available to us.

Then methods and ways of self-development are suggested which are said to lead to a state in which their assertions can be verified. There can be no objection to this in principle. But the consistent practice of these methods may lead the over- zealous seeker to highly undesirable results. A man who ac- cepts occult theories and believes himself knowledgeable in this sphere will not be able to resist the temptation to put into practice the knowledge of the methods he has gained in his research, that is, he will pass from knowledge to action. Perhaps he will act with circumspection, avoiding methods which from his point of view are risky, and applying the more reliable and authentic ways; perhaps he will observe with the greatest of care. All the same, the temptation to apply them and the insis- tence on the necessity for doing so, as well as the emphasis laid on the miraculous nature of the results and the concealment of their dark sides, will lead a man to try them.

Perhaps, in trying them, a man will find methods which are harmless for him. Perhaps, in applying them, he will even get something from them. In general, all the methods for self-development which are offered, whether for verification, as a means, or as an end, are often contradictory and incomprehensible. Dealing as they do with such an intricate, little-known machine as the human organism and with that side of our life closely connected with it which we call our psyche, the least mistake in carrying them out, the smallest error or excess of pressure can lead to irreparable damage to the machine.

[...] It is indeed lucky if a man escapes from this morass more or less intact. Unfortunately very many of those who are engaged in the development of spiritual powers and capacities end their career in a lunatic asylum or ruin their health and psyche to such a degree, that they become complete invalids, unable to adapt to life.

[...] As their hopes of attaining the qualities they counted on begin to dwindle, it is easy for them to fall into intentional charlatanism.Crumbs of truth are scattered everywhere; and those who know and understand can see and marvel how close people live to the truth, yet how blind they are and powerless to penetrate it. But in searching for it, it is far better not to venture at all into the dark labyrinths of human stupidity and ignorance than to go there alone. For without the guidance and explanations of someone who knows, a man at every step, without noticing it, may suffer a strain, a dislocation of his machine, after which he would have to spend a great deal more on its repair than he spent damaging it.

SAO said:
Even if this was true, who says that enhancing your energy field is a good idea at all? What if your energy field is full of all sorts of garbage that will also be enhanced?
Reminds me of Bill Cosby doing his stand-up routine about drugs.

Cocaine.

Q: Why do you like it?

A: Because it INTENSIFIES your personality.

Q: What if you are an a**hole?
Seriously, this question comes up at an interesting time because I just asked the Cs about something similar the other night after someone suggested the question to me. Here's the exchange:

1 April 2007

Q: (L) We were gonna ask is there any kind….I mean, since we once before got some information about charging crystals with certain energy, we wonder if there is any way to….you know, any object that could be charged with a particular energy, and if there was such an object how to charge it with that energy to either protect or enhance a persons FRV…..frequency resonance vibration. Is there? You know, that you could wear on your body?

A: Sort of. Crystals are a good choice. But they must be selected individually for each person by dowsing. Then a combination of sunlight, starlight and intent. No moonlight!

Q: (L) How would you select a crystal for each person by dowsing?

A: Obtain large selection. If you, Laura, select, you will be assisted!!

Q: (L) Okay, and what exactly is this process supposed to do?

A: Shores up defenses when individual is in weakened condition, and adds a little kick when not weak.

Q: (L) Defenses against what?

A: Anything that can negatively affect the “essence

Apologies for not responding earlier, I've been away today. Fwiw at this point, kahnsentrayshun, my intention was not to mock you or to insult your sensibilities, it was simply a bit of humor used to make a point. Had I understood how sensitive you were about your question, I would not have made the joke. No offense was intended, yet the point remains that you can search your entire life for crystals, bobbles and bits to protect yourself from every and anything. Until you do the work necessary to learn all there is to know about yourself, your programs and this matrix in which we live, you are still left unprotected - at least to my understanding.

kahnsentrayshun said:
Crystals carry vibrational energy, a pez dispenser is plastic and probably carries a weak and low vibration. If crystals can help aid one in their spiritual path by resonating with specific chakras on the body, (granted that person has already covered the major areas on the path towards 4D that I already stated,) then I see nothing wrong with it and everything right with it.
Have you heard of Atlantis? They were BIG into crystals as well as many other 4D things and it didn't help them, at all. That is the nature of the planet we live on. As you can see, they're not around now. They were destroyed by a power that they lost control of. Their crystals are still around, however. Heard of the Burmuda Triangle, perchance?

Found no fewer than 15 references to crystals in the Cs transcripts. Here's some you might be interested in.

941119 said:
Q: (T) What power did these crystals gather?
A: Sun.
Q: (T) Was it necessary for them to have power gathering stations on Mars and the Moon. Did this increase their
power?
A: Not necessary but it is not necessary for you to have a million dollars either. Get the correlation? Atlanteans were
power hungry the way your society is money hungry.
Q: (T) Was the accumulation of this power what brought about their downfall?
A: Yes.
Q: (T) Did they lose control of this power?
A: It overpowered them the same way your computers will overpower you.
Q: (V) Is it similar to them gaining a life and intelligence of their own?
Q: (L) You mean these crystalline structures came to life, so to speak?
Q: (L) And then what did they do?
A: Destroyed Atlantis.
950304 said:
Q: (T) Can you give him a weapons design? (L) Oh god! (T) Humor, mirth! (L) You did tell us at one point that we
could achieve a certain level of protection with stones, crystals, and so forth, is that correct?
A: Yes but crystals are "small potatoes."
Q: (L) Is there anything we can do with our thinking patterns or with our bodies, or anything we can do to accelerate the
receiving of assistance?
A: Unite.
Q: (J) That is what we are doing. In other words, keep on keeping on.
A: Not. You are still STS.
Q: (L) What can we do to accelerate this process, this uniting, this moving from STS to STO?
960504 said:
Q: (L) You once said that HAARP was something that was to be used to "transfer perimeters." I am assuming that this
means to manipulate space, time and density.
Q: Is it possible that they are planning to use this to bring up the Atlantean crystals to utilize.
A: Not so much to "bring up," as to utilize.
Uh Oh!!! Alarm Bells!!

You know what they say about a craftsman and his tools? Well, maybe you might want to become a good craftsman before you start chasing tools in the hope that you can 'master' them in the future. (There are movies about man's creations that get out of control, do you know "Fantasia"?) This is very dangerous... Don't focus on your "tools": focus on becoming a better person; gaining knowledge and helping other people via networking.

I don't have much knowledge about Pez dispensers, but, I think Anart may have been having a joke. :)

In light of recent m'adventures and such on this forum, and the fact that I've not been a frequent participant to this forum (I read much more often than I contribute) .....
I feel it encumbent to explain myself (continuing from my earlier comment), only for the purpose of clarity - my intention is not to steer this thread off course.

kahnsentrayshun said:
...Now please, I would appreciate if people would stop interfering with my pursuit of knowledge by repeating the same stuff over and over. The things you are saying are the most basic fundamental ideas on the spiritual path. There is no need to repeat them. They are immensely important, but they are nonetheless very easy to understand.
kahnsentrayshun said:
...I am still very interested if anyone has any CONSTRUCTIVE information to offer.
The above is what I interpreted as 'offensive', although I'm sure there's a more appropriate word than that.
I thought that your exasperation at the comments of others was uncalled for; what appears 'basic & fundamental' is not always so, and I beleive the others' comments were made in an attempt to consider all possible repercussions that might result from the experiment with obsidian which you're suggesting.

I found your suggested interpretation of the comments as 'interference with your pursuit of knowledge' to be very defensive; this is the polar opposite of the intention of this forum. I apologise if I seemed to be putting words in your mouth, I was not suggesting you used those words, it was the impression your response gave me.

Experimentation is something which must done with eyes wide open and full knowledge of what may come of the experiment with consideration given to all the variables. In such a case it's not that it simply may or may not generate results; it's that the results may be negative but not immediately apparent as such.

...edit...as Ruth's quoted transcripts in the previous comment illustrate...end edit.

This caution is simply wise behaviour, not an effort at curtailing the quest for knowledge.

All that said, I do find the topic a compelling one, but do also think that it is seeming like more of a distraction than a clear path to greater knowledge or understanding.

To each his/her own; and if you do pursue this experiment, I hope the results for you are positive.

Obsidian is a glassy, silica-rich volcanic rock, molten lava that cooled so quickly it had no time to crystallize. It is an amorphous stone, meaning that its structure contains no regular geometric pattern. Because it breaks with a very sharp conchoidal fracture, is has been used for making arrowheads and other tools since Paleolithic times.

Wow. I'm not even sure what to think about what's been posted on this topic so far, but I'll try to offer something constructive. 1st I'm going to attempt to understand why you've chosen obsidian. Black crystals are generally used to ward off negativity mostly by absorption of that vibration and, from what I've read, they need to be cleansed often. Obsidian is glass-like so I would assume that you would be attempting to repel or reflect negativity away from you. However, the truth is that obsidian doesn't really have a crystalline structure, so it may or may not work for this purpose; I haven't tried very many experiments with obsidian for this reason. The reflective black surface of an Obsidian can be used kind of like a psychomantium, but that is not what your question was about. I would personally recommend using a different "crystal." As I previously said most black crystals work by absorption, but if your intention is to repel then I would recommend a black tourmaline. Traditionally speaking, its the only black crystal that does this. As a side note, when dowsing crystals for chakra work (whether on myself or others), a black tourmaline almost always comes up for use on the crown chakra; not quite sure why. Anyways, I hope this helps. :)

It's always fun when an older thread get's resurrected. :) I found Wizard's comments interesting since back in the day a quartz with tourmaline began my stone adventures. Some of the above observations were very true, having lived thru the period where people focused on bringing abundance into their lives. Back then 'abundance of what' was seldom considered and for some it meant a marked increase in the abundance of drama and troubles.

I hadn't found Black Tourmaline a crown chakra stone, but did find Blue Tourmaline assisted some people. Also found beryls along with tourmalines a softer way than the frenzy of people buying up different types of quartz's. It's been my experience that everyone has to start somewhere, and once moving forward the 'tools' are left behind. So sometimes someone grasping for a particular thing can indicate they are trying too hard, a little stuck, just needing a nudge in a direction they 'feel' but don't see clearly.
I'd be interested in Wizard's take on some other stones. :D

wizard_9898 said:
Wow. I'm not even sure what to think about what's been posted on this topic so far, but I'll try to offer something constructive. 1st I'm going to attempt to understand why you've chosen obsidian. Black crystals are generally used to ward off negativity mostly by absorption of that vibration and, from what I've read, they need to be cleansed often. Obsidian is glass-like so I would assume that you would be attempting to repel or reflect negativity away from you. However, the truth is that obsidian doesn't really have a crystalline structure, so it may or may not work for this purpose; I haven't tried very many experiments with obsidian for this reason. The reflective black surface of an Obsidian can be used kind of like a psychomantium, but that is not what your question was about. I would personally recommend using a different "crystal." As I previously said most black crystals work by absorption, but if your intention is to repel then I would recommend a black tourmaline. Traditionally speaking, its the only black crystal that does this. As a side note, when dowsing crystals for chakra work (whether on myself or others), a black tourmaline almost always comes up for use on the crown chakra; not quite sure why. Anyways, I hope this helps. :)

In my opinion I think that this protection with crystals and stones is not a good thing. Why, instead of working on himself and grow in knowledge, use stones to protect? Eriu Eolas practice is much more profitable in my opinion. And again, where those interpretations come from the properties of the stones? From what I've seen, is nothing more than imaginative ideas from the New Age.

Back
Top Bottom