Delay in forum recognising read topics/posts

T.C.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In the past, if I clicked a latest post in my unread posts, when I finished reading, I'd click the back button in my browser and I would go back to unread posts, and the post I just read would be gone.

That doesn't happen now. The post I just read is still there. Then if I click 'mark all messages as read', I'm taken to the home page, rather than the 'no unread topics' page.

Just thought I'd mention the change in case it's something that needs investigating.

I've noticed that too.

I've also noticed that 'show unread topics since last visit' links disappear after about 24 hours, so it doesn't show all of the unread topic threads since the last visit anymore. I don't know if there is a connection there software-wise.

T.C. said:
In the past, if I clicked a latest post in my unread posts, when I finished reading, I'd click the back button in my browser and I would go back to unread posts, and the post I just read would be gone.

That doesn't happen now. The post I just read is still there.
Then if I click 'mark all messages as read', I'm taken to the home page, rather than the 'no unread topics' page.

Just thought I'd mention the change in case it's something that needs investigating.

Same here!Just go to 'Show unread posts since last visit' and if it's still there, just click 'Reload this page'. :)

I enabled the option "Allow browser to go back to cached pages".

The reason was that I found it annoying that while browsing a thread, if I clicked the back button, it would never take me back to the previous page.

But apparently turning that on breaks other things, so I turned it off again.

Scottie said:
I enabled the option "Allow browser to go back to cached pages".

The reason was that I found it annoying that while browsing a thread, if I clicked the back button, it would never take me back to the previous page.

But apparently turning that on breaks other things, so I turned it off again.

Thanks Scottie.

Back
Top Bottom