Destilliertes Wasser zum Trinken | distilled water for trinking

Gawan said:
So yeah it can be if you just use it for yourself about 10-15 Euros per month only for the distiller.

Which is still cheaper than buying average amounts of sparkling water or other sodas in the supermarket.

Data said:
Gawan said:
So yeah it can be if you just use it for yourself about 10-15 Euros per month only for the distiller.

Which is still cheaper than buying average amounts of sparkling water or other sodas in the supermarket.

That's true, so it would be definitely better to have a filter like this one instead of none. It only needs time, as always when something has to be bought, until it pays off.

Ok, I see. Another thing is temperature and noise level. The distiller is getting quite hot I suppose. Most surfaces in my flat are made of wood or carpet except the bath room. Would it be a problem to have the distiller on a wooden kitchen table while it is activated?

EDIT: rephrased the question

Use cork tiles or something like that. I would not place hot things on wood.

forget-me-not said:
Ok, I see. Another thing is temperature and noise level. The distiller is getting quite hot I suppose. Most surfaces in my flat are made of wood or carpet except the bath room. Would it be a problem to have the distiller on a wooden kitchen table while it is activated?

The WaterWise distiller I got is not becoming hot on the outisde, maybe body temperature. It's on a wooden table.

Data said:
forget-me-not said:

The WaterWise distiller I got is not becoming hot on the outisde, maybe body temperature. It's on a wooden table.

Beside that it has tiny feet beneath it and I did use it as well on wood for several years. To the energy one more sentence: in winter the distiller can nicely warm up a small kitchen and it is noisy but not too bad imo, so it is possible to get used to it.

Gawan said:
Beside that it has tiny feet beneath it and I did use it as well on wood for several years. To the energy one more sentence: in winter the distiller can nicely warm up a small kitchen and it is noisy but not too bad imo, so it is possible to get used to it.

Yeah :) I regularly use it to heat the room. It's a nice side-effect. You use the electricity doubly, so to speak!

thanks for the replies :) When I told my flatmate, what I was going to do, he even got a little upset. He doesn't support the idea, that distilled water would be beneficial and he doesn't like the prospect of consuming more energy than needed. It would be nonsense and he doesn't want to have such a thing in HIS household. He doesn't find it ecologically worthwhile. I reminded him that this is OUR household and that this is not his decision to make. This would be my decision because it is part of my diet and that I would pay for it and leave him out of it. In the end he agreed. So it's good to know how much energy it consumes and what it approximately costs. However I wonder if this machine might become an apple of discord. It's not enough that I am a carnivore and he's a vegetarian. Now he might see me as an environmental "bad guy" also. We'll see.

EDIT: added a few sentences

Now he might see me as an environmental "bad guy" also.
Bad behaviour applies only to wasting power, not necessarily using large quantities for a defined purpose if there is no other way.

Sirius said:
Bad behaviour applies only to wasting power, not necessarily using large quantities for a defined purpose if there is no other way.
True, but it depends on what you consider a waste of energy. To my flatmate distilled water is nonsense and so is using a distiller. I don't want to convince him. If he's interested he can ask me about it any time. However, I've ordered it. :)

I just wanted to report that I am very happy with my new distiller :D After the distillation process the negative part of the filtered water remains in the water tank, a yellow substance that looks quite disgusting. I use a set of different gemstones to recrystallize the distilled water. I'm not sure if that is appropriate. It was part of the offer. Anyway there is no aftertaste of any kind. In form of green tea it tastes more precisely. The distiller is not getting hot outside. The ventilation system on the top heats my room quite well, as Gawan has mentioned before.

What if the gems are polluted themselves? How do you know they have any positive effects at all?? IMO such applications are rather eso-nonsense.

Sirius said:
What if the gems are polluted themselves? How do you know they have any positive effects at all?? IMO such applications are rather eso-nonsense.
I don't know how this crystallizing business works or if it works at all. How do you measure the crystalline structure of water? I won't use these gemstones any more. I'm thinking about using only quartz crystals but still... it remains a mystery to me. I should buy the book ‘Water and Salt. The Essence of Life’ by Dr. med. Barabara Hendel and Peter FerreiraSome. Some forum members seem convinced that those quartz crystals have a beneficial effect.

EDIT: added another thought

I have no means of measuring it. If you are unsure, you could just put crystals besides the water. Crystals are always somehow mysterious, you know. If it helps, then it is beneficial, if not, then nothing happens simply.

Sirius said:
I have no means of measuring it. If you are unsure, you could just put crystals besides the water. Crystals are always somehow mysterious, you know. If it helps, then it is beneficial, if not, then nothing happens simply.
Are you suggesting those crystals need not to come in contact with water? The gemstones that are part of the offer include rose quartz, rock crystal (quartz), amethyst, red jasper, sodalite and yellow carnelian. Sodalite is the only non-quartz-crystal in this set. It's a selicate. According to the booklet different energetic properties are ascribed to each of these gemstones, but there is no reference to any scientific or even esoteric sourcematerial. :huh:

EDIT: added a sentence about sodalite

Back
Top Bottom