Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

Green_Manalishi said:
Hi all. I have two questions.
The benefit we get from the far infra red radiation in the sauna (apart from the sweating) is the same as if one would stand directly in the sun's light? The radiation is the same, and I remember reading in a a book about someone who travelled to China in which the author said one advice that was given to her by a Chinese "popular medicine doctor" was that there was nothing better for the body then standing naked in the sun for one hour every day.

From what I understand an IR sauna only emits on the IR and FIR range (roughly from 4 to 1000 microns wavelength)

The sun emits on a much broader range including UV, IR and visible spectrum.

So there is a qualitative difference between sun emissions and FIR sauna emission.

There might also be a quantitative factor (that I'm unable to calculate) knowing that a FIR sauna generates roughly 300 W of IR radiations that are beamed on the whole skin.

Maybe in order to get such amount of IR radiation from the sun, one should spend a lot of time tanning and/or would receive a lot of harmful rays ?

This being said this sun and sea water cocktail reminds me of something. Where I live (French Mediterranean coast) there is this specific population of retired people who spend their time on the beach. They keep tanning and swimming and actually they seems very healthy and energetic.

I'm wondering if it's linked to their high level of IR and magnesium absorption ?

Belibaste said:
Maybe in order to get such amount of IR radiation from the sun, one should spend a lot of time tanning and/or would receive a lot of harmful rays ?

Yes that could be one reason.

Belibaste said:
This being said this sun and sea water cocktail reminds me of something. Where I live (French Mediterranean coast) there is this specific population of retired people who spend their time on the beach. They keep tanning and swimming and actually they seems very healthy and energetic.

I'm wondering if it's linked to their high level of IR and magnesium absorption ?

While thinking about this, I remembered something from my personal experience that is similar and which I believe is common to a lot of persons. A few years ago, my summers where spent on the beach, you known swimming, playing soccer or whatever, basically just doing a lot of physical exercise, not for the sake of exercise, but just for the sake of "playing in the sand", having fun. So looking back I would do much more exercise during the summer than during the winter months, accordingly I would need to consume more energy by eating. The thing is i didn't eat more in the summer than i would in the winter, so my guess is the extra energy would come from just being under the sun a lot of time.

But my intent with this post is not just that. While researching the internet about infrared lamp therapy I came across a type of sauna that uses IR lamps that can be built in a DIY manner. The following link has a photo of one of them (_http://www.buildaninfraredsauna.com/Door.html). By what I could find it is an improvement on a model sold in the following site (_http://www.drlwilson.com/; _http://drlwilson.com/Images/saunapict1.jpg), which also has the plans to build it.

By what I discovered this type of sauna is supposed to use near to mid IR radiation, not far IR radiation (differences discussed here - _http://drlwilson.com/Articles/SAUNAS-NEAR%20VS.%20FAR%20I.htm).

My question is, has anyone tried something similar to this, is it worth the trouble building?

I had put this information in another thread but I think this is more appropriated place. Clay could be helpful as complement in the detox diet and for external detox too, a study comfirm that. the clay was able to bind to heavy metals like cadmium and toxines . In one experiment cadmium was admistrated to mice without clay, and to another control group together with the clay, no observing harm in the last case . This reveal the powerful adsorbent propierties of clay.

Here is a fragment of the paper

Efficacy of Tunisian montmorillonite for in vitro aflatoxin binding and in vivo amelioration of physiological alterations

Applied Clay Science 42 (2008) 151–157

Abstract

Aflatoxins (AFs), a group of closely related, extremely toxic mycotoxins produced by Aspergillus flavus and A. parasiticus, can occur as natural contaminants of food and feeds. AFs have been shown to be hepatotoxic, carcinogenic, mutagenic and teratogenic to different animal species. In the current study Tunisian montmorillonite (TM) was evaluated versus AFs caused toxicities in human colon cancer cell line (Caco-2) and in rats as a
sensitive model. The aims of this study were threefold: (1) to evaluate the efficacy of TM to adsorb AFs from aqueous solution, (2) to protect Caco-2 cell line against AFs-induced cytotoxicity, DNA fragmentation and caspase-3-dependent apoptosis induction and (3) to evaluate the protective effect of TM against AFs toxicity in Sprague–Dawley rats. In the in vitro study, three concentrations of TM (0.5, 1, and 2 mg/L aqueous solution) and three
concentrations of AFB1 (10, 20, 50 mg/L) were tested. The results indicated that TM had a high capacity of adsorbing AFB1 at different concentrations tested. The quantity adsorbed was 19.26 mg of AFB1/g of TM. TM protects Caco-2 cells, inhibits DNA fragmentation and reduces caspase-3 enzymes activity in aflatoxin-treated Caco-2 cell culture. The in vivo results indicated that rats fed AFs-contaminated diet (2.5 mg kg−1 diet) for 2 weeks showed severe serum biochemical changes typical of aflatoxicosis. Rats treated with TM alone (5%) or in combination with aflatoxin were comparable to the control. The TM was found to be safe and successful in the prevention of aflatoxin toxicity and cytotoxicity.
[...]
The basis of interest in the biological effects of montmorillonite
concerns one or more of their physical and chemical properties,
such as ion exchange capacity, adsorption and related molecular
sieve properties
. In a previouswork, Abbès et al. (2006a,b, 2007a)
demonstrated that the administration of clayminerals at a levels as
high as 5 g/kg b.w did not show any toxic effects that were
measured using biochemical, haematological, and immunological
parameters in mice. In the same respect, Chung et al. (1990)
demonstrated that the addition ofmontmorillonite (20 g/kg diet) to
chicken feed did not show any toxicity. According to Wiles et al.
(2004), the mixed feed with 20 g of clay/kg diet provided to
pregnant rats did not show any toxicological effects after a long
exposure.Wang et al. (2005) demonstrated that the addition of 1.5
or 3 mg/kg diet daily for 14 days did not show any toxic effects in
the equilibrium of vitamins and minerals in human blood.
Actually there are a variety of commercial adsorbents available
on the market in the form of feed additives. Many of thesemay be
nonselective in their action and may pose significant hidden risks
due to interaction with nutrients and other important feed borne
chemicals [...]

[...]
Recently,
Abbès et al. (2007a) indicated that TM has a good ability to
adsorb heavy metals and protect mice against immunotoxicological
effect of cadmium.

This study has shown that TM alone does not have a negative
impact on biochemical and immunological parameters. The non
toxic effect of montmorillonite was evaluated in series of research
efforts carried out by us or other investigators (Chung et al., 1990)
in chickens, (Wiles et al., 2004) in pregnant rats, (Abdel-Wahhab
et al., 2005a) in Tilapia fish, (Wang et al., 2005) in humans and in
mice (Abbès et al., 2007b).
In conclusion, the results of the current study indicated that
montmorillonite has a high affinity for AFB1 in vitro and forms
a stable adsorption complex. Montmorillonite is non toxic and
effective to reduce the bioavailability of AFs in vitro and in the
gastrointestinal tract, and prevents its biochemical and immunological
toxicity. Montmorillonite can be used as an ‘inorganic
sponge’ sequestering AFs in the gastrointestinal tract of farm
animals

VIDEO: How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Damage - Uni. of Calgary

How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Degeneration University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics This short presentation available on the University website clearly shows how mercury in fillings can destroy brain neurons as seen with people who have Alzheimer's Disease.

Starting at 2:00 we can see an impressive animation of a growing neurite processes by way of their growth cones, and then how the mercury ions are reversing the growth.

:scared:

dantem said:
VIDEO: How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Damage - Uni. of Calgary

How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Degeneration University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics This short presentation available on the University website clearly shows how mercury in fillings can destroy brain neurons as seen with people who have Alzheimer's Disease.

Starting at 2:00 we can see an impressive animation of a growing neurite processes by way of their growth cones, and then how the mercury ions are reversing the growth.

:scared:

Hi Dantem,

I fixed your link because it was not working.

You do not have to put your link between ". It is just [+url=http://somesite/] descriptive link [/url], without the +. :)

Thank you for the link, it was very interesting. :thup:

I'll post here a series of articles that are very interesting regarding heavy metals and other stuff from the International Medical Veritas Association mail edition. They sure reminded me to drink more water!

-------------------------------------
http://www.winningcancer.com/

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD
Director International Medical Veritas Association

Rivers of Life and Death - Part 1

Dehydration, Blood Chi, Zeta Potential,Mercury. Aluminum, Vaccines, Vitamin C

In humans, the three most common factors that reduce the carrying capacity of the blood are bulk stress from dehydration, aluminum toxicity, and electrolyte imbalance.

The significance of proper blood circulation can not be over emphasized. The ability of our heart to pump blood throughout our body efficiently and effectively is the cornerstone of good health. Unfortunately, there are things that interfere with our heart’s ability to effectively move blood through our veins and arteries with a lack of hydration being a basic backdrop to other aggressive insults that starve and damage other parts of the body due to poor circulation.

Dehydration1 is one of the most overlooked and basic causes of disease.

The root cause of degenerative disease comes from the body being unable to keep up with basic physiological functions, which leads to greater wear and tear. When the body for any reason cannot deliver the necessary nutrients and carry away metabolic wastes we set up the conditions for serious chronic disease. Many problems in the vascular system can upset this vital life process and dehydration often underlies vascular deficiency. Dehydration is not thought of as degenerative disease but dehydration leads to deterioration damage, because nutrient and waste flows can be greatly diminished and even cut off at strategic points in the body.

Low level dehydration guarantees the initiation of chronic pathology of one type or another.

Sepsis, or what is known as blood poisoning, causes increased capillary stopped-flow, loss of capillary density, and maldistribution of blood flow. In response to an injury or infection, the immune system deploys an arsenal of biological and chemical weapons to annihilate bacteria or viruses. Immune cells called macrophages swarm into motion, devouring microbes and squirting out toxic substances to sterilize a wound. More cells pour in and continue to unleash lethal chemicals. The crossfire damages healthy tissues, which become inflamed—red, hot, swollen, and painful.

Sounds like a typical vaccine reaction. Generally the way vaccines work is that they contain a virus and substances called ‘adjuvants’ and preservatives (like mercury and aluminum) that kick the immune system into overdrive so that they go on the hunt for the viruses, eat ‘um up, and create antibodies against further infection. Unfortunately the immune system goes haywire and attacks what ever is in sight. The result can be an autoimmune disorder. When the immune system attacks the pancreas you have Type 1 Diabetes.

As we will see in its own section, ‘Aluminum’ is used in water treatment plants to cause materials to settle out of solution. It does this by reducing what is called zeta potential. In children’s bodies aluminum does the same thing, causing coagulation of the blood, and deposits and plaques in arteries, brain and throughout the body. Whoever thought of the idea of injecting heavy metals into children or anyone else should have been shot but the practice goes back to the early 1930s. The company that holds the most responsibility though is the Eli Lilly Company.

Hurting the blood more than they will ever know pediatricians and general physicians deliberately inject heavy metals into the blood stream. As we will see these injections often have an immediate effect on blood chemistry and blood thermodynamics starting with microvascular ischemic changes2 that sometimes ends in violent convulsive death for infants and young children. Most health care practitioners and doctors are not that aware of the blood and vascular system’s vulnerability especially when it is already compromised with slight to medium levels of dehydration.

Blood is a ‘colloid’ and in order to flow effectively, it must remain one, or clotting will occur from aggregation of its particles. - The colloidal properties of blood arise because its particles are immersed in a polar solvent/electrolyte solution, and surface charges have developed. They therefore have ionic characteristics and dipolar attributes, and are thus electrically charged. – Blood is a mixture of colloidal particles in a solution.

Colloidal particles dispersed in a solution are electrically charged due to their ionic characteristics and dipolar attributes. In colloid chemistry blood could easily be thought of as colloidal slurry and the principles that apply to any colloidal slurry or suspension also would apply to the blood. Each particle dispersed in a solution is surrounded by oppositely charged ions called the fixed layer. Scientists are able to measure these charges and call it the blood’s Zeta potential, which is a measure of the electrical force that exists between atoms, molecules, particles, and cells in a fluid. Acupuncturists and oriental medical doctors refer to this energy as blood chi.

Positively charged colloids cause coagulation; negatively charged particles cause dispersion. In order for a mold, virus, bacteria or cancer cell to grow, they must colonize. High zeta potential stops colonization. -Dr. Thomas Riddick

This chi or electromagnetic energy is at the center of red blood cell behavior as well as microbial proliferation. Zeta potential is the aggregate electrical charge of the blood colloid and this is controlled by pH and all the other elements found in the "soup". Zeta potential is the basis of blood’s colloidal properties. One of the greatest problems of low Zeta potential or low blood chi, which may be caused by higher acidity, is that toxins cannot be suspended for elimination or nutrients for absorption or transport to the cell, due to colloidal collapse and particle aggregation.

Zeta potential is a measure of the electrical force that exists between atoms, molecules, particles, suspensoids, cells, etc., in a fluid. Zeta potential is a scientific parameter that can be measured yet it directly corresponds to the Chi of the blood.

Dr. Thomas Riddick explains, “On a smaller scale, all trace metals, minerals, inorganic materials, proteins and amino acids are held in suspension not solution in liquids by an electrical charge. These very small particles are called colloids and are too small to see with the naked eye. Since colloids in suspension form chemical compounds (like ions in solution), the electrical properties of colloids are generally ignored. In liquids, the ability to carry material in suspension is a function of these minute electrical charges. As the negative charge increases, more material can be carried in suspension. As the charge decreases, the particles move closer to each other and the liquid is able to carry less material. There is a point where the ability to carry material in suspension is exceeded and particles begin to clump together, with the heavier metals or more positively charged colloids dropping out of the liquid and coagulating.”

clip_image004_0000.jpg

The most important factor that affects zeta potential is pH.
The second most important factor is hydration.

The blood is 80 percent water thus hydration levels are extremely important in blood chemistry. Moderate dehydration, a 3-5% decrease in body weight due to fluid loss is sufficient to result in a substantial decrease in strength and endurance because of the decrease in oxygen carrying capacity of the blood signaling a drop in Zeta potential. Viscosity represents the stickiness and thickness of blood. It is the frictional resistance to blood flow. As the blood viscosity increases, blood flow decreases assuming that the heart maintains the same systolic pressure.

Electrical force, blood pH and Zeta potential are parallel concepts but no matter which word you choose (even blood chi) the crucial point is that these electrical and thus magnetic characteristics (controlled by blood pH) strength determines the amount of material (nutrients, wastes) that our blood and lymph can carry. Increasing the pH in the solution allows the fluid to dissolve and hold more material. In this way, more nutrients can be carried throughout your body and accumulated deposits of waste can be removed. Acidic blood carries a positive charge, and alkaline blood carries a negative charge. One of the side effects of acidic blood is to reduce the negative charge of colloids (combinations of molecules held in suspension) causing them to fall out of suspension thereby coagulating on the walls of the arteries similar to scale forming in a pipe. When it happens in an artery we call it Arteriolosclerosis.

High pH leads to cleaner blood. Dehydration leads to acid blood condition and dirty blood.

As we can expect when blood becomes too acidic, driving down the zeta potential, blood begins to coagulate. This is a condition known as intravascular coagulation. Blood becomes a sludge that is increasingly difficult for the heart to pump, and decreasingly effective at performing the usual functions of blood. "Blood sludge" is widespread as acid foods, toxic (acid environments) acid emotions and even acid precipitating nutritional deficiencies all conspire to thicken our blood to the point it becomes more a sewer than a fresh flowing stream carrying life’s nutrients to the cells full of oxygen.

High negative charge is also bacterium-static. Negative charge dissipates. In order for a bacterium, virus, fungus or cancer cell to grow, it must colonize. High negative electrostatic charge stops colonization.

In this chapter we are going to show how much trouble is sourced in the blood and will pay especial attention to the immediate damage that is done when mercury and aluminum and other toxic poisons are injected directly into the blood. In this chapter we are going to find the brilliant work of Dr. Andrew Moulden who is taking his case to the Federal vaccine court in Washington. He has studied and mapped out what he calls a “MASS response” in the medium to small vessels of the body revealing damage to the endothelial linings of the micro vessels, which become the foci of ischemic necrosis and hypoxic brain injury.

Spiral flow through the blood vessels not only moves a larger amount of fluid, but also it tends to clear out obstructions as it scours the vessel walls. When the concentration of particles in a liquid becomes too high, Zeta potential on colloids drops and spiral slow diminishes.

It is going to make our hearts sick to study and realize finally what is going on in so many men, women and children immediately after they have been vaccinated. He provides the missing link showing us that it is the vascular system that reacts first and this explains why there can be in infants spontaneous retinal bleeding, intra cerebral bleeding, ischemic brain damage and seizures strong enough to break bones. So violent can these seizures get that emergency room personal cannot tell the difference between vaccine damage and violent child abuse. Dr. Moulden says, “Unfortunately, the MASS response creates the same “pathognomonic signs” in vaccine adverse events as it does for children in need of protection.”

Researchers at Northwestern University have now shown how air pollution may cause heart attacks and strokes - by triggering the formation of blood clots. Dr. Gokhan Mutlu, the study's lead author and his colleagues found those tiny air pollution particles - often less than one tenth the width of a human hair in size - helped trigger clotting in the blood of mice. This is due to the pollution-induced secretion of interleukin-6, a pro-inflammatory cytokine, that has been implicated in the formation of blood clots. The heavy metals cadmium, lead and mercury are common air pollutants, being emitted mainly as a result of various industrial activities.

1 The term dehydration commonly is used to denote intravascular fluid depletion. However, it is important for clinicians to understand that volume depletion is distinct from dehydration. Volume depletion denotes contraction of the total intravascular plasma pool, while dehydration denotes loss of plasma-free water disproportionate to loss of sodium, the main intravascular solute. The distinction is important because volume depletion can exist with or without dehydration, and dehydration can exist with or without volume depletion. In children with dehydration, the most common underlying problem actually is volume depletion, not dehydration. Intravascular sodium levels are within the reference range, indicating that excess free water is not being lost from plasma. Rather, the entire plasma pool is contracted with solutes (mostly sodium) and solvents (mostly water) lost in proportionate quantities. This is volume depletion without dehydration. The most common cause is excessive extrinsic loss of fluids. Pediatric patients, especially those younger than 4 years, tend to be more susceptible to volume depletion as a result of vomiting, diarrhea, or increases in insensible water losses. Significant fluid losses may occur rapidly. The turnover of fluids and solute in infants and young children can be as much as 3 times that of adults.

2 After ischemia an incomplete return of blood flow has been reported in brain, kidney, skeletal muscle, and heart. The mechanisms responsible for the no-reflow phenomenon are perivascular edema, platelet or red cell plugs, and interstitial hemorrhage as well as leukocyte entrapment in capillaries. Leukocytes are large and stiff cells, which adhere to vascular endothelium naturally and are known to alter in their adherence properties under a variety of conditions. Skeletal muscle vasculature undergoes arteriogenesis to restore tissue perfusion and function following loss of blood flow. This process has been shown to occur in large vessels following ischemia, and recent studies suggest this may occur in the microcirculation as well. The recent refinement and computerization of intravital microscopy have permitted scientists to monitor microcirculation in vivo with minimal invasion. Video microscopy of red cell flow in capillaries at the surface of skeletal muscle provided the opportunity to quantitate ischemia-reperfusion (I-R) induced microcirculatory changes. The recovery of glomerular microcirculation seems to occur faster than that of peritubular capillaries. Scientists suggest that a functional vasculopathy develops very early in the course of ischemia-reperfusion in superficial cortical microvasculature and is more pronounced in peritubular capillaries, thus accounting for the development of patchy injury of tubular epithelia.

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD

Rivers of Life and Death - Part 2

Dehydration, Blood Chi, Zeta Potential, Mercury. Aluminum, Vaccines, Vitamin C

Heavy Metals Bring Death to the Blood

The underlying common denominator in chronic neurodegenerative disease seems to be either decreasing vascular supply (less blood
to the brain) or accumulation of heavy metals, specifically mercury. -Dr Rashid Buttar

Heavy metals and other toxins have been linked to many human diseases, but determining exactly how they damage is not easy to demonstrate, that is, difficult until we look at what happens in the blood when exposed to contaminants like mercury and aluminum.

Dr. Narasimham Parinandi, director of the lipidomics and lipid signaling laboratory at Ohio State University Medical Center focused their attention on the activation of an enzyme called phospholipase D, or PLD, in cells that line arteries in the lung. They exposed the cells to the inorganic, environmental and pharmaceutical forms of mercury, and observed that all three forms activated the enzyme. The activation of the enzyme involves a complex sequence of events in the cell membranes that in turn releases phosphatidic acid, which can damage cells in the vessel lining called endothelial cells. Mercury's link to heart disease can in part be traced to activation of this enzyme, which triggers a process leading to plaque buildup in blood vessel walls.1

clip_image002.jpg

Heavy metals can also encourage the blood to coagulate and therefore reduce the transport of oxygen. Scanning electronmicroscopy of platelets have shown that cell margins appeared irregular and wavy, with small pseudopodia-like protrusions from the surface after being exposed to mercury (Hg) and arsenic (As). Cadmium (Cd) caused loss of the general spindle shape, and the platelets assumed a round spongy appearance. All heavy metals examined effected enhanced collagen-induced aggregation.2

Red blood cells are also known as erythrocytes. They have a unique shape known as a biconcave disk. A biconcave disk is like a donut where the hole doesn’t go all the way through. The biconcave disk shape increases the surface area of the cell which allows for a greater area for gas exchange.

Heavy metals take part in activation of blood clotting and haemolysis which decrease equidistance and accelerates sedimentation of erythrocytes.3 Mercury can induce an increase of cholesterol as a risk factor of myocardial infraction and cardiovascular disease.4 Heavy metal toxicity or exposure to environmental toxins can also activate unusual production levels of soluble fibrin monomer (SFM), which is a clotting agent.

Thick blood may also be caused by the presence of harmful pathogens such as fungi, viruses, bacteria, and parasites and these pathogens flourish in a heavy metal contaminated environment. These pathogens can actually activate a coagulation response in the body as a way to avoid being attacked by the body’s immune system. SFM lines the capillaries with fibrin making it impossible to transfer oxygen and nutrients to body tissues. A lack of oxygen and nutrients then creates an ideal environment for these pathogens to survive and cause illness.

In Heart disease, the Blood flow can be blocked either by blood clots or by aggregated arterial plaques. For patients prone to excessive clotting or
systemic inflammation, the risk of heart attack or stroke will rise greatly.

When numerous metals are present in the body, they have a “synergistic toxicity.” Dr. Boyd Haley, professor and chair of the chemistry department at the University of Kentucky, performed a study on rats and found that the mortality rate of rats exposed to a small dose of mercury or aluminum killed only 1 rat in 100. However, when the rats were exposed to both mercury and aluminum at the same time, all 100 rats died—a 100% mortality rate.

Mercury in the Blood

Immune Destruction of the Vascular System

Any cell or molecule in your body that has sulfur in it will be attacked, destroyed or deactivated by mercury. The problem is Mercury simply "Loves Sulfur" too much. So much so, that it will compete with other molecules for Sulfur and can usually "steal" Sulfur out of other molecular structures, in effect killing them. If it can't steal Sulfur, Mercury will bond to the Sulfur atom the best it can. This usually prevents the molecule from performing its function. Sulfur is part of our blood cells as well as many other proteins and enzymes also found in the blood.

Autoimmune disease is conceived not to be an exaggerated response to foreign matter. But it is thought that this syndrome occurs when foreign chemicals modify tissues or immune cells, affecting the regulation of immune response such as the production of antibodies and inflammatory response. The result is an immune response against our own tissues, tissue damage and disease. Mercury and other compounds can induce this response by the immune system. Systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are two autoimmune diseases. Mercury toxicity is a complex subject that most doctors have avoided like the plague because they mostly support the use of mercury in medicine and dentistry.

It should be noted that viral, hormonal, and emotional factors can also contribute to the development of autoimmune disease.

The immune system attacks something which is genuinely foreign, but sometimes it even reacts to harmless antigens (allergy). The immune system has evolved to neutralize and eliminate foreign substances from our bodies. However, it cannot always tell whether the foreign substance is harmful, so it sometimes attacks harmless substances vigorously, causing an inflammation which can be far more harmful than the foreign substance alone. Hay fever (allergic rhinitis or asthma to plant pollens) is a good example.

In the case of heavy metals and other foreign intrusions into the blood there is often a delayed hypersensitivity (immune system response) that does not start to be noticeable until several hours to a full day after exposure. Immediate hypersensitivity occurs within minutes of exposure to the foreign substances. Immediate hypersensitivity occurs when the body produces a special kind of antibodies, called immunoglobulin E (IgE), to an antigen. Mast cells and basophils bind the IgE on their surfaces. When antigen binds to (and cross-links) the IgE, these cells pour out vasoactive amines, such as histamine. It is these vasoactive amines which cause the inflammation.

Intense immune system response can end up with a dramatic proliferation of white blood cells (especially neutrophils) which attack everything, and can cause severe tissue damage. An example of this kind of reaction is a reaction to a large injection of penicillin.

Mercury and other metals accumulate in the oral cavity in fibroblasts, macrophages, and multinuclear giant cells of connective tissue, in blood vessel walls, along nerve sheath fibers, in basement-membranes of mucosal epithelium, striated muscle fibres, along collagen bundles and elastic tissue, in acini of salivary glands, and in tooth roots and jaw bones. 5,6 Exposure to heavy metals has been found to be one of the most common causes of allergic contact diseases (ACD) and other allergic and immune reactive conditions. One of the largest sources of exposure to the metals that will be shown to commonly cause inflammatory, immune reactive conditions is from dental metals namely mercury, copper, tin, and silver.

Macrophages remove mercury by phagocytosis and the mercury moves to other parts of the body through the blood and along nerves.

When mercury bind to SH-groups(sulfhydryl) in sulfur compounds like amino acids and proteins, changing the structure of the compound that it is attached to, this often results in suppression of the immune system and in the immune systems T-cells not recognizing them as appropriate nutrients and attacking them7with chronic exposure resulting in autoimmunity. Such binding and autoimmune damage has also been documented in collagen.8 Metals by binding to SH radicals in proteins and other such groups can cause autoimmunity by modifying proteins which via T-cells activate B-cells that target the altered proteins inducing autoimmunity as well as causing aberrant MHC II expression on altered target cells.9,10

Mercury and other toxic metals cause release of inflammatory cytokines such as Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha(TNFa), Interleukin-8, Interleukin-4.11

Studies have demonstrated that low concentrations of mercury significantly enhanced chemiluminescence, as well as stimulated H2O2 production by polymorphonuclear leukocytes. These studies clearly demonstrate the ability of extremely low levels of HgCl2 not only to suppress various PMN leukocyte functions involved in host defense, but also to stimulate reactive oxygen metabolism.12,13 In vivo, these HgCl2 effects would not only compromise host defense but also promote tissue injury via the local production of reactive oxygen metabolites which would have their direct effect and damage in the vascular system.

Mercury from amalgam fillings has also been documented to cause proliferation of the inflammatory cytokine IL-8.14

One mechanism of mercury’s affect on contact sensitivities is the inhibition of glutathione S- transferase,15 which is a modulator of inflammation. Mercury also causes intestinal damage and leaky gut, causing metabolic damage and increasing food sensitivities meaning more immune system responses in the blood16

1 http://news.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news-3/Mercurys-link-to-heart-disease-begins-in-blood-vessel-walls-505-1/

2 Journal of Environmental Pathology, Toxicology and Oncology http://www.begellhouse.com/journals/0ff459a57a4c08d0,177ba91370097b41,243158dd1cf7489c.html

3 http://www.curehunter.com/public/pubmed8030303.do

4 http://data.healthis.org/pv/200504/a05.pdf

5 Buchner A, Hansen LS., “Amalgam tattoo of the oral mucosa: a clinicopatholigic study of 268 cases”, Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol, 1980, 49(2):139-47

6 Forsell M, Larsson B, Ljungqvist A, Carlmark B, Johansson O , Mercury content in amalgam tattoos of human oral mucosa and its relation to local tissue reactions. Euro J Oral Sci 1998; 106(1):582-7.

7 Immunotoxic effects of mercuric compounds on human lymphocytes and monocytes. III. Alterations in B-cell function and viability; & Shenker BJ, Berthold P, Decker S, Mayro J, Rooney C, Vitale L, Shapiro IM. Immunotoxic effects of mercuric compounds on human lymphocytes and monocytes. II. Alterations in cell viability. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 1992;14(3):555-77.

8 Jenny Stejskal, Vera Stejskal. The role of metals in autoimmune diseases and the link to neuroendocrinology Neuroendocrinology Letters, 20:345 358, 1999.

9 HultmanP, Johansson U, Turley SJ; Adverse immunological effects and autoimmunity induced by dental amalgam in mice. FASEB J 1994; 8: 1183-90;

10 Pollard KM, Lee DK, Casiano CA; The autoimmunity-inducing xenobiotic mercury interacts with the autoantigen fibrillarin and modifies its molecular structure and antigenic properties. J Immunol 1997; 158: 3421-8

11 Noda M, Wataha JC, Lockwood PE, Volkmann KR, Kaga M, Sano H. Sublethal, 2-week exposures of dental material components alter TNF-alpha secretion of THP-1 monocytes Dent Mater. 2003;19(2):101-5

12 Effects of mercury on human polymorphonuclear leukocyte function in vitro. Contrino J, Marucha P, Bigazzi PE, et al, Am J Pathol. 1988 Jul;132(1):110-8.

13 Metals, toxicity and oxidative stress. Valko M, Morris H, Cronin MT. Curr Med Chem. 2005;12(10):1161-208

14 Britschgi M, Pichler WJ. Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, a clue to neutrophil-mediated inflammatory processes orchestrated by T cells. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002 Aug;2(4):325-31.

15 Muller M, Westphal G, Vesper A, Bunger J, Hallier E., Inhibition of the human erythrocytic glutathione-S-transferase T1 (GST T1) by thimerosal., Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2001 Jul;203(5-6):479-81

16 Watzl B, Abrahamse SL, Treptow-van Lishaut S, Neudecker C, Hansch GM, Rechkemmer G, Pool-Zobel BL., Enhancement of ovalbumin-induced antibody production and mucosal mast cell response by mercury. Food Chem Toxicol. 1999 Jun;37(6):627-37.

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD

Rivers of Life and Death - Part 3

Magnesium and Hemoglobin, Blood Coagulation, Aluminum and Zeta Potential

“The transport of oxygen in blood is undertaken by hemoglobin, the largest component of red blood cells. This protein collects oxygen in respiratory organs, mainly in the lungs, and releases it in tissues in order to generate the energy necessary for cell survival. Hemoglobin is one of the most refined proteins because its evolution and small mutations in its structure can produce anemia and other severe pathologies,” publishes the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona).

They continue, “More than a hundred years of study have led to the knowledge that hemoglobin uses mechanisms of cooperativity to optimize its function; that is to say, to collect the greatest amount of oxygen possible in the lungs and release it in tissues. These mechanisms of cooperativity are related to changes in the structure of the hemoglobin protein.”The structure of hemoglobin is easily compromised by heavy metals like mercury (as are all sulfur bearing proteins like insulin etc) and no one really wants anyone to shout this out from the tops of the mountains. Thus the vast majority of doctors and dentists continue to walk in the darkness created by ignorance of basic medical science. (In my upcoming book New Paradigms in Diabetic Medicine we nail down the mercury sulfur bond death destruction pact using insulin as a model.)

On the other hand there are substances that optimize the structure of hemoglobin and other complex proteins. Magnesium enhances the binding of oxygen to haem proteins.1 The concentration of Mg2+ in red cells is relatively high but free Mg2+ is much lower in oxygenated red blood cells then in deoxygenated ones. In nature the oxygen is generated by the chemical sunshine that is chlorophyll, and carried in the human body by the haemoglobin in the blood to be used by cells to produce energy in the form of ATP. Both chlorophyll and hemoglobin are connected with porphyrin compounds in that iron/Fe porphyrins form the haem of hemoglobin while chlorophyll, the photosynthetic pigment of plants is a magnesium/Mg2+-containing porphyrin.

Mg2+ is needed as a co-factor in the generation of ATP; some 90% of intracellular Mg2+ may be associated with ATP or ADP and associated enzymes. The transfer of ATP phosphate is assisted by a complex formed by the binding of magnesium to phosphate groups in ATP (Gropper et al, 2005, p.399; Shils, 1994). Fe3+ is the oxygenated form of iron in haemoglobin (Shriver and Atkins, 1999, p.650); the Mg2+ of chlorophyll and ATP generated by the mitochondria helps to stabilize this which is what keeps the blood red and reflects alkalinity (Truchot, 1975). This process occurs in the heart region according to TCM theory which is associated with the colour red. Thus there is a transition from the green of chlorophyll to the red of the blood.

Na(+),K(+)-ATPase is a transmembrane protein that transports sodium and potassium ions across cell membranes during an activity cycle that uses the energy released by ATP hydrolysis. Mercury, nickel, aluminum, and other toxic metals are documented to inhibit Na(+),K(+) -ATPase function at very low levels of exposure.2,3 Studies have found that in asthma, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Scleroderma, celiac/chron’s/IBS, and eczema cases there was a reduction in serum magnesium and red blood cell(RBC) membrane Na(+)-K+ ATPase activity and an elevation in plasma serum digoxin.4,5

Magnesium and zinc prevent the binding of carbon monoxide/CO to haem which otherwise binds 25,000 times more strongly than does oxygen. The dissociation of oxygen is also helped by magnesium, because it provides an oxygen adsorption isotherm which is hyperbolic. It also ensures that the oxygen dissociation curves are sigmoidal which maximizes oxygen saturation with the gaseous pressure of oxygen (Murray et al pp. 65-67).

Oxygen dissociation with increased delivery to the tissues is increased by magnesium through elevation of 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate/DPG (Darley, 1979) Magnesium stabilizes the ability of the phorphyrin ring to fluoresce in cooperation with phosphorus which is a sink for the light energy generated during photosynthesis. Free-radical attack of haemoglobin yields ferryl haemoglobin [HbFe4+] (D’Agnillo and Alayash, 2001), which is inhibited by magnesium (Rock et al, 1995).

Blood coagulation

The processes of inflammation and coagulation are intimately linked. Multiple inflammatory mediators that are released to fight infection also promote coagulation.

Severe sepsis results from the body's systemic over-response to infection. This over-response disrupts homeostasis through an uncontrolled cascade of inflammation, coagulation, and impaired fibrinolysis. Allopathic medicine hides a lot of information about pathology with its rigid diagnostic system. What we see in severe sepsis is a dramatic overreaction but there are shades of pathology like there are shades of color.

Zeta is but one of the factors affecting blood flow and coagulation - the other is an immune hypersensitivity response, of which there are many types. The propensity for blood to clot too rapidly is an important prognosticator for the development of, progression of, and recovery from a number of serious pathological conditions whose pathogeneses either arise directly from or are modulated by the blood clotting process. These diseases include heart attack, stroke, coronary artery disease, deep vein thrombosis, and pulmonary embolism, among others. Of these diseases, coronary artery disease is the leading cause of mortality in the United States

Aluminum and Zeta Potential

Both chlorophyll and blood have a pH of about 7.4. 7.5 is the physiological pH of the plant which is usually within 0.2 pH units of the optimum for photosynthesis (Dodd and Bidwell, 1971); in chlorophyll respiration, carbonic acid is removed from the water increasing the pH and carbonic acid is also involved in the mechanism by which respiration increases blood pH. Furthermore - Porphyrins are cyclic compounds with four pyrrole rings linked through methenyl bridges [-HC=]. Metal ions such as iron or magnesium are bound to the nitrogen atom of the pyrrole rings.

Since 1934, aluminum hydroxide has been used as an adjuvant to boost the immune response from vaccines.

To increase your zeta potential you must avoid aluminum. Aluminum is used in water treatment plants to cause materials to settle out of solution. It does this by reducing the zeta potential. In your body aluminum does the same thing, causing coagulation of your blood, and deposits and plaques in your arteries, brain and throughout your body. Aluminum is found in municipally treated water, cooking utensils, vaccinations, non-clumping salt and baking powder just to name a few things.

The hepatitis B vaccine (Energix-B) is given at birth, 2 and six months of age. Each dose contains 250 micrograms (mcg) of aluminum. The DTaP shot (Infanrix) is given at 2, 4, 6 and 15 months. Each dose contains 625mcg of aluminum. The Hib vaccine (Pedvax) is given at 2, 4, and 12 months. Each dose contains 125mcg of aluminum. The hepatitis A vaccine (Havrix) is given at 12 and 18 months. Each dose contains 250mcg of aluminum. Thus, babies who follow the CDC immunization schedule are injected with nearly 5000mcg (5mg) of aluminum by 18 months of age.

Over 7000 reference articles on aluminum toxicity exist in various data bases, all recognizing the toxicity. Despite the number of references to aluminum toxicity, the FDA has always exempted it from testing by putting it on their Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) list. Aluminum can be added to foods, medicines or water without restriction from the FDA.

The first head of the FDA quit over aluminum being added to the GRAS List with no testing required and no limits to the amount that can be added to food or medicine.

Thus aluminum is broadly used in food and medicines. It is in buffered aspirin, antacids, antiperspirant, in prenatal feeding solutions, vaccinations which are stabilized with aluminum with their associated bacterial infections, toothpaste, baby wipes, vaginal douches, and aluminum cans to name a few. In any chemical combination such as drugs, may be positive or negative depending on the net valance of all the elements in the formula.

Aluminum has three (3) positive ions, so a single ion of aluminum will reduce surface charge, reduce carrying capacity and increase surface
tension by 64x more than an ion of Sodium, which has one positive charge. Thomas M. Riddick

Aluminum is just harmful to life. Aluminum is a protoplasmic poison and a deadly, persistent neurotoxin. Aluminum is a known toxin that can cause encephalitis, bone disease and anemia in susceptible people. Though aluminum is less toxic than mercury, arsenic, lead or cadmium, it is a persistent poison that increases the toxicity of other heavy metals. Dr. Shaw found in animal studies that aluminum hydroxide shows statistically significant increases in anxiety (38 percent); memory deficits (41 times the errors as in the sample group); and an allergic skin reaction (20 percent). Tissue samples after the mice were “sacrificed” showed neurological cells were dying. Inside the mice’s brains, in a part that controls movement, 35 percent of the cells were destroying themselves.

A heavy metal has a density at least 5 times that of water and cannot be metabolized by the body, therefore accumulating in the body.
Heavy metal toxicity can cause our mental functions, energy, nervous system, kidneys, lungs and other organ functions to decline.

According to Dr. Russell Blaylock, “Removal of thimerosal, even if complete, will not solve the problem of autism. It will help tremendously, but will not stop the epidemic of autism. Speaking of her autistic patients, Dr Stephanie Cave said, “You would be amazed at the devastation in their chemistries when you get down to the cellular level.” She also said, “I think in later years we are going to look back at aluminum the way we are looking at mercury now.”6

Autopsy reports on Alzheimer's patients found 70% more aluminum in the brain.

“Aluminum salts are used as vaccine adjuvants based on their ability to improve dendritic cell response to presented antigens. The aluminum concentration of vaccines varies from 0.125 to 0.85 mg/dose, which would produce concentrations of approximately 0.7 to 4.5 uM, if uniformly distributed in the body water of a seven kg infant,” reported Dr. M. Waly at Northeastern University, who found that at these low concentrations cellular problems are created independently and in combination with mercury.7

Aluminum in infant feeding solutions has been shown to reduce the mental development index creating permanent learning problems in children.

Dr. Boyd Haley “The presence of aluminum dramatically increased the rate of neuronal death caused by thimerosal. Therefore, the aluminum and thimerosal combination found in vaccines produces a toxic mixture that cannot be compared to situations where thimerosal alone was the toxic exposure.”8

Mercury and aluminum not only are directly toxic to brain cells but also over stimulate the brain’s immune system. Dr. Russel Blaylock

Symptoms and Diseases of Aluminum: Flatulence, headaches, dry skin, weak and aching muscles, senility, spleen pain, stomach pain, liver dysfunction, kidney dysfunction, neuromuscular disorders, osteomalacia, colitis, anemia, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, hemolysis, leukocytosis, porphyria, heartburn, memory loss, numbness, paralysis, Parkinson's disease, excessive perspiration, leg twitching, cavities, colds, behavioral problems, constipation.

The kidneys eliminate Aluminum from the body and so people with renal problems are at risk of Aluminum toxicity. All infants have reduced renal function and may not be able to effectively excrete excessive Aluminum. Kidney function is low at birth and reaches adult level by 1-2 years of age. The presence of Aluminum in a vaccine can cause small nodules to develop under the skin of some babies. These nodules are usually transient in nature and disappear spontaneously after a few weeks. In rare cases extreme hypersensitivity to Aluminum results in persistent nodules.

1 Terwilliger and Brown, 1993; Takenhiko and Weber; Wood and Dalgleish, 1973

2 Hisatome I, Kurata Y, et al; Block of sodium channels by divalent mercury: role of specific cysteinyl residues in the P-loop region. Biophys J. 2000;79(3):1336-45

3 Effect of Chronic Exposure to Aluminum on Isoform Expression and Activity of Rat (Na+/K+)ATPase Virgília S. Silva, Ana I. Duarte, A. Cristina Rego, Catarina R. Oliveira and Paula P. Gonçalves Toxicological Sciences 2005 88(2):485-494

4 Overzet K, Gensler TJ, et al; Small nucleolar RNP Scleroderma autoantigens associate with phosphorylated serine/arginine splicing factors during apoptosis. Arthritis Rheum 2000 Jun;43(6):1327:36

5 Feighery L, Collins C, Feighery C, Mahmud N, Coughlan G, Willoughby R, Jackson J. Anti-transglutaminase antibodies and the serological diagnosis of coeliac disease. Br J Biomed Sci. 2003;60(1):14-8

6 Cave, Stephanie, Mitchell, Deborah "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations", Warner Books, 01 September, 2001.

7 Waly, M. et al Activation of methionine synthase by insulin-like growth factor-1 and dopamine: a target for neurodevelopmental toxins and thimerosal. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern University. Molecular Psychiatry (2004) 1-13

8 Haley, Boyd. Mercury and Thimerosal Toxicity: A Factor in Autism

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD

Rivers of Life and Death - Part 4

Vitamin C and Vascular Disease

Decades of vitamin C research have been ignored by mainstream medicine to the detriment of a lot of people. Not only can vitamin C safely and effectively clear arteries of dangerous plaque that leads to heart attack and stroke but it makes a big difference when administering a vaccine whether a person or infant is vitamin C deficient or not. If vitamin C is deficient the chances are low levels of inflammation and infection would already be present when vaccines are administered leading to stronger vaccine reactions. The stress of injected poisons would further depress dangerously low vitamin C levels opening the gates for a “Mass” reaction.

In his book Every Second Child (1981), Archie Kalokerinos, an Australian physician, tells us that the death rate among the aborigine children he was assigned to help was 50%. His investigation showed these deaths to be associated with vaccinations, and he found the children's diets to be severely deficient in vitamin C. By merely administering vitamin C (100 mg per month of age), he dropped the death rate to nearly zero. Pediatricians wantonly ignore this information and inject without bothering to examine predisposing clinical pictures that potentially maximize the chance of a reaction to vaccines.

Researchers at the University of California say that participants who took about 500 milligrams of vitamin C supplements per day saw a 24 per cent drop in plasma C-reactive protein (CRP) levels after two months. Recent research suggests that CRP may be a better predictor of heart disease than cholesterol levels. "C-reactive protein is a marker of inflammation, and there is a growing body of evidence that chronic inflammation is linked to an increased risk of heart disease, diabetes and even Alzheimer's disease," said Dr. Gladys Block, UC Berkeley professor of epidemiology and public health nutrition and lead author of the study.

Atherosclerosis can lead to the accumulation of fat and white blood cells and other inflammatory cells on the
inner walls of the arteries. These cells can release oxygen-free radicals, unstable molecules that further damage the blood vessels.

Dr. James Enstrom from the University of California studied the vitamin intake of over 11,000 people for 10years. He found that 300mg of vitamin C a day reduced risk of heart disease by 50 percent in men and 40 percent in women. Doctor G. C. Willis found that people taking 1,500mg of vitamin C a day for 12 months reversed plaque while those who didn't take vitamin C had worsening plaque. It is clear that vitamin C is necessary for vascular health.

Low levels of vitamin C in the blood are linked to a more severe form of peripheral artery disease, an often painful condition in
which the leg blood vessels become blocked, according to a report in Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association.

"Even when there is not a single outward symptom of trouble, a person may be in a state of vitamin C deficiency more dangerous than scurvy itself. When such a condition is not detected, and continues uncorrected, the teeth and bones will be damaged, and what may be even more serious, the blood stream is weakened to the point where it can no longer resist or fight infections not so easily cured as scurvy."1

Optometrist, Dr. Sydney Bush's retinal artery observations2 support the Pauling theory. Using modern equipment to non-invasively photograph the retinal arteries of the eye before and after Vitamin C supplementation in humans. Dr. Bush has documented reversal of atherosclerotic plaque with Vitamin C supplementation. Retinal photograph taken in 2002 (left) reveals artery disease (vessel narrowing, drop out of some vessels). Retinal photo (right) taken in 2004 after daily vitamin C supplementation confirms pericorneal arteries have widened and some reappear. The pericorneal arterioles and capillaries can be divided into ten degrees of scurvy allowing the accurate prediction to patients of how much or little vitamin C they have been eating. The highest mark anybody has had is 94%

In the full blown Vitamin C deficiency disease called Scurvy, the structural elements of the body literally fall apart. Collagen is broken down and not replaced. The joints wear out, the small arteries begin to crack and degenerate, the skin shows easy bruising and bleeding as small vessels rupture throughout the body, and the teeth may loosen and fall out. In essence, Dr. Linus Pauling said that heart disease is a manifestation of chronic scurvy, and atherosclerotic plaque is a mechanism evolved to repair or patch blood vessels and arteries damaged by chronic vitamin C deficiency. Dr. Pauling also said that atherosclerotic plaque formation can be prevented or reversed with vitamin C, lysine and proline. Vitamin C Deficiency Has Major Impact on Collagen Production

Vitamin C is required to make a protein called collagen which is the major component of connective tissues. Collagen happens to be the most abundant protein in the body. It is the structural protein used to make connective tissues, bones, teeth, hair, and arteries. Strong collagen is important for a strong vascular system thus a strong heart. Vitamin C is required for lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme responsible for attaching the lysine residues together on adjacent collagen strands. Vitamin C deficiency results in weakened collagen strands caused by disrupted lysine cross linking.

The Society of Interventional Radiology has reported that 1 in 20 Americans have aneurysms, a bulge or ballooning out of part of the wall of a vein or artery that looks much like an over-inflated tire inner tube. The larger aneurysms the greater the danger they may burst. The most common are abdominal aortic aneurysms, but aneurysms can also occur in blood vessels in the brain and elsewhere. Among adults who have aortic aneurysms, 1 in 4 are large enough to pose an immediate risk (that's about 1 in 100 overall). An old study showed that adults who have abdominal aortic aneurysms often have low levels of vitamin C within the blood vessel tissue itself.3 Clearly we need Vitamin C to keep the blood vessel walls strong and healthy.

Vaccination Induced Blood Poisoning

Lead increases the toxicity of mercury by a hundred fold, so does aluminum.

What happens when you inject mercury and aluminum into the blood? Nothing would be the answer of medical and health officials at the CDC and FDA. What happens when a truck runs down a five year old? Nothing would be the response of an absolute idiot. Dr. Andrew Moulden speaks of microvascular ischemic process as the key pathological process that can account for the type of neurological symptoms and signs many experience post vaccination. Importantly, this microvascular systemic vasculopathy is common to all vaccines and causes much morbidity for all people vaccinated irrespective of the varied vaccine strain pathogens and irrespective of whether the vaccine microbe has been “attenuated”, weakened, or killed.

Spanish health authorities have withdrawn tens of thousands of doses of papillomavirus vaccine (HPV) (as I write this in February of 2009) after two girls in the eastern Valencia region fell seriously ill hours after receiving them. "One of the girls got out of intensive care this weekend and the other is still there. Both are in stable condition," a Valencia health department spokeswoman told AFP. The two girls were vaccinated last week as part of a vast government vaccination program targeting adolescents. This kind of information is quickly buried by public health officials and the vaccinations go on and young girls continue to be hurt. When we inject a mixed bag of chemicals and heavy metals commonly found in vaccines we often see a quick reaction occuring in the blood and vessels.

The vasculopathic process Dr. Moulden has named the “MASS response” and this is a type of hypersensitivity response largely mediated by a cell mediated immune response (type 4 hypersensitivity) and this response is active alone, or in combination with the other hypersensitivity responses. According to Moulden vaccine injured cases develop cranial nerve ischemic lesions within hours of vaccine with some dying in the process, others neurocognitively impaired for life, and others develope autism if the damage happens early in life.

Dr. Moulden says, “Suffice to say, with the knowledge of how this process causes ischemia and the multiple end-organ damages, disorders, and disease states, we are now in a position to treat, cure, intervene, and prevent a multitude of mammalian diseases and disorders directly by targeting the cause of disease (the MASS pathophsyiological responses) and not pursuing symptom based palliation which cures nothing. There are other pharmaceutical products beyond the vaccines that have been causing substantial morbidity and death via activation of MASS responses from prescription drugs – including antipsychotics, antibiotics, and other drug classes. The mechanism by which Vioxx caused strokes and heart attacks is part of the MASS response to vaccines.”

There are twelve cranial nerves and often it is the 6th and 7th cranial nerve are most affected with microvascular ischemic cranial nerve palsies. The rate of development of symptoms for all of these cases (within hours and days) clearly demonstrates that the pathophysiolgical process causing tissue damage is NOT antibody mediated – this is a cell mediated immunological response – a MASS response in terms if hypersensitivity responses – a kind of “serum sickness.

Furthermore, when the non-specific immune system is in this state of “hyper-vigilance”, any concurrent immune challenge (e.g. gluten,
casein, lactose – if intolerant, febrile illness, infection, antibiotic use…) will aggravate the underlying MASS response pathophysiology and lead to greater discomfort, disease, and clinical symptoms for the patient.
Dr. Andrew Moulden

The MASS response to vaccination causes ischemic tissue damage not only to the brain, but to other organ systems as well – including clinically silent hepatic and renal microvascular ischemia. In some individuals the MASS response can cause acute renal failure as the glomeruli (micro vessels responsible for filtering solutes, electrolytes, and toxins from the body, can lead to impaired filtration and protein losses, and build up of BUN and creatinine and the creatinine clearance rate is impaired as a function of the microvascular impairments to the kidneys.

1 U.S. Department or Agriculture, 1939

2 http://www.hullcontactlensclinic.co.uk/cardior.htm

3 Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1987 Feb;184:138-43

Mark Sircus Ac., OMD

Rivers of Life and Death - Part 5

The Terror of Pediatric Medicine

The way contemporary vaccinations have been designed, and administered, we have inadvertently enhanced the immunological response to antigenic determinants and by manufacturing design and intent, the vaccines are actually causing disease by the enhanced immune response they have been designed to elicit. Dr. Andrew Moulden

What is happening in the blood represents a summative medical model, an explanation in depth as to how the vaccine injury pathophysiological process occurs. Dr. Andrew Moulden exposes what should have been known all along by medical officials who have turned a blind eye to everything and anything wrong with the vaccine program. Pediatricians have been forced to become robots without discriminatory powers so they just inject and hope for the best. Kind of like shooting with your eyes closed they inject without checking hydration issues or even whether a child has a mild inflammation or preexisting infection.

According to a study published in the Archives of Disease in Childhood, more than 70% of preschool children never drink plain water. Pediatric medicine does not pay attention enough to dehydration that occurs when acute diseases strike1 and children can pay with their life for this if doctors then go ahead and administer vaccines when the blood is already compromised. The fact that one of the most common lawsuits in pediatric emergency room medicine is overlooking dehydration tells us of a gapping hole in pediatric medicine that should not be there.

It used to be accepted by most authorities that vaccines should not be given to individuals with impaired immunity for fear of triggering immune attacks on the central nervous system, such a encephalitis, nerve injuries (peripheral neuropathy), multiple sclerosis, and allergic encephalomyelitis. All of these are considered autoimmune disorders, during which the immune system attacks specific components of the brain and spinal cord by mistake. They no longer pay much attention to this because the childhood vaccination program is too jam packed making delays a big problem.

Lamenting Grandmother

MY GRANDSON IS AUTISTIC DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS FORCIBLY GIVEN 27 VACCINES WITHIN 6 MONTHS, UNDER THREAT OF LOSS OF CUSTODY. He was given NINE vaccines each at 3 separate events. It is a miracle that he even survived this. By the time that we got an attorney and the vaccines were stopped, it was too late to prevent the Autism, but thankfully not too late to save his life.

The tactics that are employed by the medical system are HORRENDOUS. My grandson had ongoing intestinal inflammation, malabsorption, and allergies since birth. Two medical doctors who also practice natural medicine advised us not to get my daughter's son vaccinated until after age 2, and then only one vaccine at a time. At the hospital when my daughter refused the Hepatitis B, which is insanely given within 24 hours of birth, a male pediatrician entered her room and proceeded to scream abuses at her, but she still held her ground.

Later at age 6 months when he was hospitalized, the hospital staff doctors refused to recognize the previous doctors' diagnosis and demanded compliance with the vaccines under threat of loss of custody due to "Child Neglect" and "Medical Neglect". She was reported to Child Protective Services who then investigated me also based on the hospital doctors' claim that I had influenced my daughter to refuse the vaccines, and that I had influenced my daughter to give the baby nutritional products which were "not prescribed by a doctor", including vitamins and probiotics, which they claimed (unbelievably) could have "killed him".2

In the United States today we see:

1 child in 6 with specific learning disabilities
1 child in 87 with autism
1 child in 9 with asthma
1 child in 450 with insulin dependent diabetes
15-20% of children with attention deficit disorders
1-2% children with sudden infant death

But according the New York Times editorial vaccines have nothing to do with any of this. According to their editorial parents should “demolish lingering fears that childhood vaccines can and have caused autism.” One must read this purely religious non-scientific editorial that speaks down upon the masses like clueless children.3 They want you to believe without discrimination. This entire series The Rivers of Life and Death demonstrate that infants’ blood and vascular systems are vulnerable to the hostile chemicals in vaccines.

After vaccination there is a great range of response in the vascular system. It should be noted that we can expect a measurable response if we care to look even in children who get off lucky with a light response. When a truck hits you (mercury and aluminum mixed together would qualify as a toxic tractor trailer) even if the truck (poisons) just nick us on the shoulder. But there are too many unfortunate children who develop autism, others seizures and attention deficit disorders, and still some children die of sudden infant death. Some die such violent deaths that the parents or care givers are charged with what is called Shaken Baby Syndrome as no cause of death could be determined by the doctors and medical examiners that dare not connect childhood vaccines with such violent death.

Notably, it is the adjuvants (aluminum, liposomes, squalene) the pharmaceutical industry has added to the vaccinations with the design and intent of enhancing and prolonging the immune response which is causing the hyperimmune “MASS” response to antigenic challenge. Dr. Andrew Moulden

Dr. Andrew Moulden says, “Other children will be diagnosed with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus – of note, the islet of Langerhans cells in the pancreas are within a watershed vascular territory and the “MASS response” also accounts for the microvascular ischemic changes that slowly, acutely, and at times in a waxing and waning manner, destroy the pancreatic insulin producing cells slow hypoxic ‘strangulation.’”

Gardasil has caused ischemic brain damage in 8000 healthy young women.

It is the cruel blindness of pediatricians which prompted me three years ago to write The Terror of Pediatric Medicine. Clearly the government, the military, the pharmaceutical companies and the major medical organizations along with local medical boards have a lot to answer for. Clearly it is the human race itself and especially its children who have been marked as enemies of the state to be brutalized. Clearly there are many people who would rather die than admit they are wrong or worse, will continue to let others suffer life long torment and premature death. The dark ages of medicine is a present day reality that the modern medical mind just cannot deal with. The humiliation is just too great for arrogant medical minds that cannot and will not be humbled.

No one in my lab wants to get vaccinated. This totally creeped us out. We weren’t out there to poke holes in vaccines. But all of a sudden, oh my God—we’ve got neuron death! Dr. Chris Shaw

Dr. Leonard G. Horowitz believes that vaccinations are an ‘ungodly practice’ and says, “Many people believe that vaccinations are safe and 'mandatory' for school and/or workplace attendance. They are clearly deceived in most cases. Vaccines are not 'mandatory' in most American states that allow for personal, religious, and/or medical exemptions. Furthermore, the practice of vaccination is far from safe. In fact, if you were to seriously consider the suppressed facts you would likely conclude that the alleged benefits of vaccination do not outweigh the severe and extensive risks.”

For information and an e-book about federal and state vaccine exemptions please contact:

Alan G. Phillips, Esq.
P.O. Box 3473
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-3473
919-960-5172
www.alanphillipslaw.com
www.vaccinerights.com

Special Note on Hydration

Physicians rarely prescribe water, and you'll never hear of a pharmaceutical firm recommending it, but water can prevent and cure
many common conditions because it is a basic or underlying cause of disease.

Though everyone understands the vital importance of water and full hydration for health it is impossible to find solid information about dehydration statistics. On the Internet the consensus is that 75 percent of Americans are dehydrated but medical science does not weigh in on this statistic meaning we really do not know what the true numbers are. With some doctors hallucinating that coffee, Coke and Pepsi legitimate substitutes for pure water, and with uncountable millions consuming such drinks, and with the low water content of junk foods, we can assume that dehydration is a real problem for many people in the first world. The young are at greater risk because they are more likely to get diseases that cause vomiting, diarrhea, and fever. Sadly almost all pediatric or pediatric emergency medicine malpractice cases involve issues related to the assessment and treatment of dehydration.

Though not normally appreciated not drinking enough quality fluids is not the only pathway to low level chronic dehydration. Food is supposed to provide 20 percent of our water with junk food not being anywhere in the ballpark of fruits and vegetables. Eating the wrong foods can lead to dehydration! Under normal circumstances many of us flirt with mild dehydration over sustained periods. This is where things start to go wrong and doctors routinely make matters worse by not only not recognizing dehydration but they prescribe medicines that further depress water levels in the body and blood.

When the blood becomes concentrated and acidic, as in dehydration, then abrasions and tears are produced in the arterial system.
L-lactic acidosis is thought to arise from poor tissue perfusion, due to dehydration or endotoxaemia with subsequent anaerobic glycolysis and decreased hepatic clearance of L-lactate. When the body begins to make more cholesterol, it has a reason to do that and we can look beyond what allopathic medicine thinks and see it in part as a reaction to chronic dehydration, a condition where the body is trying to fix these abrasions and tears that are produced in the arterial system. Cholesterol is actually saving the lives of people, because cholesterol is a bandage, a waterproof bandage that the body has designed.

The body manifests dehydration in the form of pain with the location of the pain being the point or points where dehydration is most settled. Tests consistently reveal that chronic pain patients suffer from chronic dehydration. A significant number of chronic pain patients also have a lower than normal venous blood plasma pH. A person with low venous plasma pH has what is termed acid blood. Acid blood is typically dark in color due to low oxygen content.

Symptoms of moderate to severe dehydration include:

low blood pressure
fainting
severe muscle contractions in the arms, legs, stomach, and back
convulsions
a bloated stomach
heart failure
sunken fontanelle - soft spot on a infants head
sunken dry eyes, with few or no tears
skin loses its firmness and looks wrinkled
lack of elasticity of the skin (when a bit of skin lifted up stays folded and takes a long time to go back to its normal position)
rapid and deep breathing - faster than normal
fast, weak pulse

1 Children and adults easily lose too much fluids from: Vomiting or diarrhea. Excessive urine output, such as with uncontrolled diabetes or diuretic use. Excessive sweating (for example, from exercise). Fever. You might not drink enough fluids because of: Nausea, Loss of appetite due to illness. Sore throat or mouth sores. Dehydration in sick children is often a combination of both -- refusing to eat or drink anything while also losing fluid from vomiting, diarrhea, or fever.

2 http://www.ageofautism.com/2009/01/pediatric-rns-letter-to-president-obama.html

3 http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/opinion/13fri2.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

4 iceberg lettuce 96%
squash, cooked. 90%
cantaloupe, raw, 90%
2% milk 89%
apple, raw 86%
cottage cheese 76%
potato, baked 75%
macaroni, cooked 66%
turkey, roasted 62%
steak, cooked 50%
cheese, cheddar 37%
bread, white 36%
peanuts, dry roasted 2%

Thank you for these articles psyche. Whenever someone mentions odd physical reactions, hydration is usually the first question I ask about or close to it. :) This spells out why its so important, and why "the devil is in the details."

Mercury Life said:
A few months after I started having back problems, and after returning to work from my leave of absence, I started suffering tremendous nasal/eye pain. Now recall that I had already been forced out of contacts due to my eyes becoming allergic to them (giant papillary conjuctivitis, or GPC), and my eyes were extremely dry, so there were already significant problems in these areas. (In fact, in addition to using steroid drops to try to calm down the inflammation in my eyelids, I had "punctum plugs" [small silicone plugs] inserted into the drainholes in the corners of my eyes to try to retain moisture). But this was something different, a distinct and severe pain that radiated from my nasal passages outward to my eye sockets (in medical parlance, the "orbits") and along my cheekbones. The pain made my orbits, as opposed to the eyeballs themselves, feel "achy"; caused an exquisitely painful sensation to radiate outward from the corners of my eyes and bridge of my nose; and made my nasal passages swollen and painful (not the typical runny-nose, painless, allergic-type feeling).

Drawing_nasal_passageI'm sure this pain sensation was not helped by the allergic response to my contacts (GPC), but it was not caused by this -- the GPC preceded this nasal/eye pain by almost nine months. So, over the next 2.5 years, I looked far and wide for answers to, and relief from, this pain. During this time, I saw three ear-nose-throat (ENT) specialists; had a C-T scan of the skull; a MRI of the brain and eye orbits; and tried every possible type of drug treatment including: prednisone (oral steroid), lidocaine (nasal-spray anaesthetic), Imitrex (oral migraine medication), Nasonex (nasal-spray steroid), Nasacort (nasal-spray steroid), Astelin (nasal-spray anti-histamine), Allegra (oral anti-histamine), Claritin (oral anti-histamine), Clarinex (oral anti-histamine), Flonase (nasal-spray steroid), and Atrovent (nasal spray that blocks acetylcholine to help runny nose symptoms). Nothing helped.

The ENT that I ultimately sought treatment from (and who had been practicing 35 years) was very puzzled by my symptoms. He could see "dusky" diffuse inflammation at the top portion of my larynx (voice box), and where my nasal passages drained into my pharynx (back of my throat), but he couldn't find an explanation. None of the scans provided any clinically-significant clues, although the MRI did show bilateral thickening at the back of both maxillary sinuses -- but this was more of a curiousity, and not the cause of my pain.

Tmj_pain_xray_1At one point, my ENT doctor referred me to a dentist for a TMJ evaluation. The temporomadibular joint, or TMJ, is the joint that hinges your lower jawbone to your skull, allowing your jaw to open and close. It is located just forward of your ears. TMJ problems are one of the most common, and most frustrating, orofacial conditions to treat. TMJ pain can radiate outward as facial pain, headaches, and neck pain, and can cause pain when talking, chewing, yawning, etc. Because a TMJ joint is the most complex joint in the body (it has both a rotating and a sliding motion, with a small disc that cushions these movements), it can be one of the most difficult to treat. Also, because stress can be a precipitating or aggravating factor for TMJ problems, many dentists feel there are too many complicating psychological factors to be able to effectively treat TMJ disease.

Anyway, in my case, the dentist did an examination, and determined that I did indeed have TMJ problems, particularly in my right TMJ joint, where he felt inflammation in the joint. He was surprised because I was currently taking Celebrex (an anti-inflammatory), which should have suppressed the inflammation. He recommended applying ice to the joint and to the muscle extending along the jawbone. He also made me an occlusal guard (i.e., an acrylic nightguard) that I would wear in my mouth over my top teeth at night while I was sleeping. The idea was that the guard would "balance" my bite -- by having indentations for the bottom teeth, my bite would be kept in a "neutral" position while I was sleeping, and this would hopefully reduce bruxism (grinding) too. Ultimately, I couldn't tolerate the nightguard, nor two others guards I tried. I apparently reacted to the acrylic and/or the nighttime interference with my bite, which aggravated my fibromyalgia and worsened my sleep. Notably, my TMJ pain was one of the first things to get better when I had my amalgams removed down the road.

Unfortunately, despite all of these drug and dental treatments, I never really achieved any great relief from my nasal/eye pain. It seemed to wax and wane, however. When it was at its worst, it was nearly unbearable. Who would have thought pain spanning a few inches across your eyes and the bridge of your nose could make you so miserable? Luckily, however, this is yet another problem that has predominantly disappeared since my mercury detox. A couple of mercury-related notes: first, I took those tetracycline-family antibiotics I've mentioned exactly three times. The first preceded my groin/leg/back pain by 12 days. The third preceded my back-pain explosion/start of narcotic pain-killers by 12 days. And the second course preceded the appearance of this eye/nasal pain by a few weeks as well, so the timing is particularly suspect.

Second, note this interesting description of "micromercurialism" (chronic intoxication from long-term exposure to low levels of mercury vapor) from the German professor A. Stock, who coined the term in the 1920's:

First degree micromercurialism results in lowered working capacity, increased fatigue, light nervous excitability ... in the second degree there is swelling of the nasal membranes, progressive weakening of memory, feelings of fear and loss of self-confidence, irritability, and headaches. Simultaneously there may be catarrhal symptoms and upper respiratory discomfort, changes in the mucous membranes of the mouth, bleeding gums. Sometimes there are feelings of coronary insufficiency, shivering, quickening pulse, and a tendency towards diarrhea. The third degree micromercurialism is characterized by symptoms approaching those of regular mercurialism ... headaches, general weakness, sleeplessness, decline in intellectual capacity, depression. Among other signs are tears, diarrhea, frequent urination, a feeling of pressure in the cardiac region and shivering.

Xray_skull_from_side_3I like this quote because so many of the symptoms described 80 years ago seem so familiar, like the reference to swollen nasal passages I highlighted. This symptom is not surprising if you think about it, as mercury vapor from dental amalgams only has to travel a few inches upward to reach the mucosa of the upper nasal cavity, and from there a few inches backward through spongy tissue to reach the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, the brain stem, and the brain in general.

Another related problem I had was a chronic sore throat. Recall that the ENT doctor saw inflammation in my pharynx, which is the general region at the back of the throat, and at the top of my larynx, which is the voice box. The ENT doctor more or less blamed my reflux as the likely cause, but the GI doctor said that, after my Stretta procedure and tests confirming no reflux, this was impossible. The GI doctor thought maybe the nasal issues I was having might be contributing to the sore throat, which the ENT doctor disputed. Nothing like your doctors disagreeing with each other to build your confidence! In any event, I would even raise my bed and sleep at an incline to try to minimize any potential reflux effects (i.e., using gravity to make it harder for stomach contents to go up the esophagus), but I would still get that sore throat. At times it was so bad my voice would be croaky in the morning for days on end. I sucked on a lot of lozenges, that's for sure.

Yet another strange problem that plagued me while I was sick was a plantar wart from hell. A planter wart is a benign viral growth that occurs on the ball, heel, or sole (plantar surface) of the foot. They hurt because they are on the sensitive area of the foot, and because you are always applying pressure to them while you are standing. Risk factors for plantar warts include repeated exposure to the virus (e.g., walking barefoot in public gym areas), and/or a weakened immune system. To finally kill this wart took over 2.5 years of treatment -- 29 separate office visits, mostly to a dermatologist. I'm pretty sure I set some kind of record at this dermatologist's office for the most-resistant plantar wart ever. Amongst the types of treatments applied were: 8 liquid nitrogen freezing treatments, 6 pulsed-dye laser treatments, and 15 injections of Bleomycin. As I understand it, Bleomycin is like the "nuclear bomb" of wart treatments -- it is a chemotherapy drug that is actually used to treat cancer. When injected directly into the wart, it is very effective at killing the wart tissue. But, as it is injected, it hurts in a way that can't really be described. I mean, getting a shot into the ball of your foot is bad enough, but then factor in that the shot is into very painful wart tissue, and include a painful, burning substance, and you can see why it was tough not to scream (but being a good patient and a "man", I bit my tongue). At least I didn't need coffee to wake up on those mornings I started by going to the dermatologist's office!

Restless_legs_syndrome_1Here's a strange, occasional problem I experienced: restless legs syndrome (RLS). According to Time magazine, "it's the most common sleep disorder you've probably never heard of." (Aug. 9, 2004). Apparently, RLS affects up to 10% of the population (roughly 30 million people), and causes nagging pain and discomfort along with an uncontrollable urge to move one's legs during periods of physical inactivity. I can tell you, although I only had it occasionally, it was pretty rough when I did experience it. It's a really unpleasant feeling, and can pretty much stop any chance you have of getting decent sleep. Also, sometimes when I woke up I would feel like every muscle in my legs had been "pulled", like a sports injury or something. The latest treatment for RLS being studied is Requip, a drug for Parkinson's disease that works by increasing dopamine. Interestingly, this same drug is being studied for fibromyalgia patients, and I first heard of it when it was recommended to me by the rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. I never tried Requip, but I never experienced RLS again after detoxing, either.

Man_on_stairs_head_down_5A huge problem I have dealt with has been chronic fatigue, although it showed up late in the game, so thankfully I didn't have to contend with it as much while I was working. Still, I dealt with it for years, starting from a time when I was taking some supplements that increased the toxicity of the mercury in my body (more on this in a separate posting). This wasn't the type of tiredness you get when you stay out too late and don't get enough sleep -- this was a bone-weary, drop-dead exhaustion that tends to sneak up on you, quickly wash over you, and consume you. It wouldn't matter if I was talking to the President when I was experiencing one of these attacks -- I would still pretty much shut down and "pass out". Also, there was an underlying weariness that was constant. And because my adrenal glands weren't working correctly, when I needed energy the most (e.g., in a very stressful situation), I couldn't get it -- like my "fuel line" was clogged. Actually, I even usually experienced what is known as a "paradoxical stress reaction" -- when I was in a stressful situation I would suddenly become even more tired. That was the worst -- a little stress and suddenly I was yawning and mentally whipped, right when I needed focus. Without a doubt the hardest part of chronic fatigue isn't the fatigue -- it's the absolutely intolerable levels of anxiety and stress from not having the energy necessary to deal with social or challenging situations.

By the way, one thing that seemed to often prompt huge waves of fatigue was a hot shower. About thirty minutes after a shower, I would just get more and more tired. Often, I was lucky just to crawl into bed in order to pass out for an hour or so, after which I felt ten times better. This phenomena happened with amazing consistency. A chlorine filter helped a little, but didn't prevent the fatigue attacks. I no longer get tired after showering, but even today I can still feel twinges of symptom flare-up occasionally after a shower.

I have read some doctors' claim that the number one medical problem plaguing Americans is fatigue. I'm sure there are many reasons for this, including not enough time for sleep, insomnia, hectic schedules, etc., but it also seems extremely likely that toxicity issues contribute to this social trend. Chronic fatigue syndrome may just be one Driving_while_asleep_1endpoint of a continuum of fatigue problems. The good news is that elimination of the fatigue has been one of my clearest and greatest successes. During chelation, every week the fatigue would diminish just a little bit more. So, for example, one day after having been chelating for a while it suddenly dawned on me that I could drive down the highway and not have to fight overwhelming (and scary) tiredness. What a relief! And today, it's pretty much entirely gone. It took a while, but wow, what a difference this makes in experiencing and enjoying life.

Heavy_fog_3Probably equally debilitating as the chronic fatigue is the "brain fog" I've suffered until recently. Actually, it often seemed to coincide with the fatigue attacks. I would describe brain fog as a rapid slow-down in reflexes and thinking ability, often with very quick onset, and often in stressful situations. The worst is trying to socialize with brain fog. Or work for that matter. At times, I felt like more of an actor than a thinking, contributing member of society, because I was just trying to "hang on" -- basically, to fake like I was fully present, cognizant, and alert. It felt like I had a 10-ton weight weighing down my thinking ability, so it was awfully hard to mentally track and respond to what other unaffected people were saying. Like with fatigue, the worst thing about brain fog is the inordinate stress created by being in this state and trying to interact with people (while usually being completely fatigued at the same time). A simple conversation required ten times as much effort as what normal people take for granted.

Other stuff --

Diagram_neck_swallowing_1Dysphagia: This involves difficultry and/or pain with swallowing. This is an unpleasant problem, and makes eating and swallowing pills difficult and painful. Based on my informal surveys, it also is apparently quite common, especially among mercury toxic people and possibly more so among women. It is definitely a symptom that got much better when I started chelation. On my chelation "dips", when other symptoms would flare up, this problem would sometimes return.

Cold hands and feet: I'm not sure how this relates, but I have a chronically cold right foot and left hand. The coldness kicks in when my other pain symptoms flare up, or when I have a drink of alcohol or anything else that challenges my immune system.

Skin problems: I definitely have lots of things going on here. First and foremost, I've fought seborrheic dermatitis for at least 15 years. Seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that causes redness, dryness, and flaking, generally in areas where sebaceous (oil) glands are most numerous and on the scalp (dandruff). I get it around the sides of my nose mainly and on the scalp. Men have this problem more than women, presumably because sebaceous glands are under the control of androgens (male hormones), and men have more androgens. In case you didn't notice this pattern with my problems, seborrheic dermatitis is yet one more condition for which the cause is not known. It is thought to affect 3% of the population or so. The prevailing theory is that yeast overgrowth in these areas may trigger an inflammatory response, although this has not been proven. Treatment is often with an antifungal cream and/or shampoo (e.g., Nizoral, Selsun Blue, Neutrogena T/Gel, etc.) or corticosteroid preparations.

Another skin problem I've had -- a more recent development -- is dermatitis on the hands, especially between the fingers. Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin that occurs because the skin has lost its natural barrier ability, and thus irritants can provoke an inflammatory response. For me, it results in flaking, red, and cracking skin, although it's pretty minor overall. It comes and goes since I've been chelating (it first appeared after I started chelating).

Muscles_of_kneeKnee problems: These developed during the course of my back problems, but still plague me occasionally today. Actually, when I was at the height of my back problems, I almost certainly developed patellofemoral syndrome (PFS) (as diagnosed by my physical therapist), which is when the kneecap (patello) doesn't track in its groove over the thighbone (femur) correctly, causing inflammation and pain underneath the kneecap. You can't mistake it, believe me -- it can just kill when you are bending your knee. This was likely a result of the inflexibility/tightness in the muscles of my thighs, hamstrings, calves, or lower back from the surgery. But that knee pain is almost entirely gone today. I actually still have occasional knee pain today in my right knee, but it is a different, more diffuse knee pain, with no obvious physical abnormality like with the PFS. Again, in my informal survey of mercury-toxic people, knee problems are common, probably more so in women.

Insomnia: I've already discussed this in the context of my fibromyalgia a bit, but I thought I'd mention it again as a separate problem because, well, it is such a major problem. This has been one of the longest-running problems I've experienced, and seems to be the most resistant to treatment, including mercury detox. Undoubtedly, there are brain / neurotransmitter issues at work here. The pineal gland, which produces melatonin Cartoon_insomniac_2and provides the body's internal clock, is under control of the hypothalamus gland (recall the fibromyalgia-hypothalamus-mercury link). Interestingly, when I supplement melatonin, it makes me very sick, although I have no idea why. Currently, I take a prescription sleep drug, which has helped to an amazing degree. As my doctor says, if you can't sleep, nothing else really matters. My ability to sleep waxes and wanes with my other symptoms, so I know it is related to everything else.

Chronic sinusitis: This has plagued me since the time of that mysterious eye/nasal pain. I think it is a pretty standard symptom with mercury toxicity. Many mornings when I wake up I have congestion and stuffiness in my nasal passages. Also, at other times during the day this symptom can flare up, usually when my other symptoms flare up simultaneously (e.g., fibromyalgia pain). A Mayo Clinic study in 1999 determined that 96% of study subjects with chronic sinusitis had positive fungal (yeast) cultures from their sinuses. However, additional studies have shown that people who do not suffer from chronic sinusitis actually have similar levels of yeast in their sinuses, but that the sinusitis sufferers have an exaggerated immune response to the yeast. (Note the immune system connection again). Health care experts estimate that 37 million Americans are affected by sinusitis every year. And, as noted by the Mayo Clinic, the normal treatment for sinusitis -- antibiotics -- is often ineffective because they target bacteria, which is not the cause of chronic sinusitis according to their study.

Pre-diabetes: Yep, this is a strange one. As I mentioned elsewhere, I have a lean build, so the last thing in the world I thought I would have was any diabetic tendencies. Pre-diabetes is measured by a glucose-challenge test (i.e., you drink a sugar drink, and then have blood drawn every half-hour for a couple of hours). A person with pre-diabetes has blood sugar levels that are higher than normal, but not high enough to be considered diabetes. It causes no symptoms, but if changes aren't made to diet or lifestyle, most people with pre-diabetes will go on to develop diabetes. While 17 million Americans have diabetes, another 16 million are thought to have pre-diabetes, most of whom don't even know it. It's been over two years since I did the initial glucose-challenge test, and I haven't done another since to see if it has changed. It would be an interesting thing to check someday, however.
_http://www.mercurylife.com/mercurylife/smorgasbord_of_other_problems/index.html

edit, formatting

I've talked with a person affected by MS, who managed to stop or even reduce the dire effects of this disease. He basically followed a detox program similar to the one the Sott forum unveiled ;) aimed by eliminating heavy metals from the body, expecially mercury, and following a special diet.

The starting point being that: one cannot effectively detox himself/herself while still carrying a toxic body.

This means that if you have mercury fillings on your teeth you can't effectively detox yourself if you don't remove first this 'source' of toxicity. And to remove mercury from your teeth you need to find a knowledgeable dentists. There exist a procedure to remove mercury by means of a vacuum that sucks out all the dust and even the whole amalgam itself while the dentist is 'drilling' your fillings, and, at least here in Italy, these dentists are difficult to find.

The guy's take is that detoxing while a source of mercury is still there planted in your teeth can even be more dangerous for the brain, as you force the heavy metals to flow in the body in greater number thanks to chelation proteins. I really don't know if it's true or not...

Then if a dentist removes your toxic fillings without using the proper procedure, a shot of mercury will enter the body in the most damaging way possible... so in the end it's better to keep your old teeth than going through that.

Back
Top Bottom