Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

Rabelais said:
The patches show no reduction in the darkness of color when I remove them in the mornings. The accompanying literature indicates that as the system clears, the patches should gradually become lighter in color when removed.
manitoban said:
I wonder if I perhaps stopped using the pads too soon, as I didn't notice any reduction in the color of the pads in the morning over about 3 weeks.
Irini said:
So i was expecting to feel a difference in 5 days, which i didn't, and was disappointed . Now i realize a LOT more footsies would be required.
I've heard from footpads but never tried them. What else could cause this darkening of color? Humidity? Fat? Salt? Air? What about applying a reference footpad someplace else and comparing the results? What if you apply them for a year and still no "lighter color" occurs?

Sorry for being so sceptical about it - maybe I should try them to find out.

manitoban said:
I wonder if I perhaps stopped using the pads too soon, as I didn't notice any reduction in the color of the pads in the morning over about 3 weeks.
Irini said:
So i was expecting to feel a difference in 5 days, which i didn't, and was disappointed . Now i realize a LOT more footsies would be required.
Data said:
I've heard from footpads but never tried them. What else could cause this darkening of color? Humidity? Fat? Salt? Air? What about applying a reference footpad someplace else and comparing the results? What if you apply them for a year and still no "lighter color" occurs?

Sorry for being so sceptical about it - maybe I should try them to find out.
I wish I had some answers, but I do not. Pad discoloration might not be the important factor here.

The only observable fact that I can relate is that after 5 days, a condition I had that was going to need surgery to correct seemed to begin to resolve itself for me. I now have a little over 2 weeks of experience with these pads and after the initial dramatic reduction of symptoms, there is a noticeable, albeit slower reduction in the remaining symptoms. They do still recur, but with much less frequency and severity than before the experiment began. I would estimate the symptomatic reduction to be at about 80% now.

The color of the pads remains about the same when I remove them in the mornings.

I would think that someone using these pads, who is not suffering from a problem which these pads could correct, might experience a disappointment in not noticing any favorable changes. This could be a problem with "anticipation". I had nothing but curiosity, mixed with skepticism when I began this self experiment. I have been pleasantly surprised that they are alleviating symptoms which I did not imagine that they could.

Irini, what was it that you expected the use of the pads to address?

Data, a year's worth of pads might be an unnecessarily expensive proposition. The discoloration might not be what we should be concentrating our powers of observation on. Rather; is this therapy affecting a noticeably beneficial physical change? If not, after a reasonable period of observation (30 days?), it might be time to pursue some other avenue of research to attain whatever goal it is that you're attempting to achieve.

There seem to be many alternative methods proposed for removing heavy metals from the body. I am not even certain that the reduction of heavy metal from my body is happening, or that that was a causal factor in my condition. Beyond noting that I used the foot pads and achalasia symptoms declined, I am at a total loss to explain the phenomena. I can only propose a hypothesis based on observations and this theory might be very wrong.

Here is typical skeptic's statement, but it does ask valid questions. It does not answer them though and closes with the admonishment that the foot pads should be avoided. I am glad that I did not follow that advice.

Foot Detox Pads: Too Good to be True?

Have you ever had someone warn you about something sounding too good to be true? This warning may ring true when it comes to foot detox pads. These pads are the latest health craze. Manufacturers claim that when applied to the feet at night, these pads will draw the toxins out of body while you sleep. In the morning the pads will be discolored, supposedly a sign they have worked properly. While these pads may have some detoxifying action - on the soles of your feet at least - be wary of the product. It probably does not give you as good a detox as you think.

First, think rationally about the way the product promises to work. Promoters say the product will draw all toxins, even heavy metal deposits, out through your skin. Although the skin does allow some nutrients and other substances to pass back and forth through the pores, my biology classes never indicated anything as dense as heavy metal particles could be drawn through the skin. According to modern medicine, the only way these toxins can be cleared from your body is by taking an internal chelator that will bind to the metal substances and allow them to be flushed out of the body.

Also according to the manufacturers, these foot detox pads are formulated using ancient Japanese and Asian cultural medicine. They contain a combination of ingredients including Tourmaline, a stone or mineral that emits negative ions; bamboo vinegar, which is supposed to help aid the body in releasing waste products through the skin; and wood vinegar, supposedly popular for its drawing actions. The pads supposedly work on the basis of reflexology which holds to the belief that there are zones in the feet that correspond to each organ system in the body. Reflexology indicates the wastes from these organ systems will accumulate in the feet where they can be drawn out through the skin by the pads.

As for the color change most people note in their foot detox pads, the wood vinegar may be responsible for this phenomenon. The vinegar is generally dried and ground before being mixed in with the other patch ingredients. When this dried vinegar comes back in contact with water, through your sweaty feet, it returns to its liquid version which is a dark colored liquid. The sweat from your feet mixed with the herbs in the patch may account for the bad odor that comes from the pad after it is removed.

Do detox foot pads provide some benefits? Some people say they notice a difference when using them, but if you want to purge internal waste through the pores of your skin my advice would be to take a sauna or steam bath. To get rid of solid waste that can't be passed through your skins pores The Master Cleanser is a very effective diet that can cleanse your body in just a few days

If you feel your body is in need of serious internal cleansing you're going to need more then foot pads because at best these pads are only removing trace amounts of waste from your body.

Aviod Foot Detox Patches
http://hubpages.com/hub/foot_detox_pads
A note to the above remarks... I have not noticed any "bad odor" when removing the used patches. The above skeptic appears to be basing an opinion solely (no pun intended) on second hand statements and no personal experience. I therefore discount his assumptions as invalid, when compared to my own personal experience. The red lights on my dashboard all flashed on together when the above writer admonishes us to "First, think rationally"... as though one might be able to arrive at a more valuable understanding by thinking as opposed to experiencing.

From my perspective, yes, these pads have almost been "too good to be true", but since we all possess unique physiological circumstances, what seems to be working for me might not come close to affecting a change in another who is experiencing, or attempting to resolve a condition brought on by a completely dissimilar set of circumstances.

Anyone experiencing a health problem that is related to neurological malfunction, with no obvious causal factor, might want to experiment with this.

Now, watch this 8 min. video! "Smoking Teeth = Poison Gas", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

http://www.iaomt.org said:
Odorless, colorless and tasteless -- but it casts a shadow in black light! This dramatic video of mercury vapor outgassing from an amalgam dental filling has outraged the world since it was first demonstrated at an IAOMT meeting in 1995.
smokingtooth.jpg

Outrageous!!!

Amalgam fillings are a good standard medical procedure, but please, at all cost, stop smoking! (ironic)

http://www.majidalimd.com/07.pdf

Taken from....Heavy Metal Overload and Toxicity,
the Principles and Practice of Integrative Medicine
Volume 7, Majid Ali, M.D.

I met the lady who moved from Chernobyl after disaster, she is buying Japanese "bancha " tea since then for her and her family, she says that while she was still in Chernobyl they received aid from diferent countries, and while other countries sent medicine and food , Japan has send them tea and algae. She is convinced that it hepls her and her kids (teenagers in that time) to excude most of the toxic elements. Im drinking it since they bombing my city with depleted uranium. Still havent notice any changes , but definetly I dont have third leg growing :)

I'm looking around for recipes that include detoxifying foods, and came across this one today:

Cilantro Chelation Pesto

4 cloves garlic

1/3 cup Brazil nuts (selenium source)

1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine source)

1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium sources)

2 cups packed fresh cilantro (coriander, Chinese parsley) (Vitamin A source)

2/3 cup flaxseed oil

4 tablespoons lemon juice (Vitamin C source)

2 tsp. Dulse powder

Bragg's Liquid Aminos™

Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a blender until the cilantro is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts, and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a squirt of Bragg's Liquid Aminos to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.

One person suffering from high blood pressure due to mercury poisoning had her blood pressure return to normal after eating 2 teaspoons of this pesto daily for only a week. So whether you need to detoxify heavy metals from your body or just wish to use it as a preventative measure, 2 teaspoons a day is all you need to take.
Kallie Miller RN, EFT-CC
Optimal Life Center

It was here: http://www.naturodoc.com/library/treatments/removing_heavy_metals.htm

This also sounds like it would be a nice rub or marinade for chicken or fish.

Gimpy

You might want to make it without the Bragg's amino acids - I recall reading that it is produced in such a way that it contains glutamic acid - so it's basically MSG, (similar situation with yeast extracts/ Vegemite/ nutritional yeasts/tamari).  I'll see if I can track down some documentation, though, since I'm going by memory.

anart said:
You might want to make it without the Bragg's amino acids - I recall reading that it is produced in such a way that it contains glutamic acid - so it's basically MSG, (similar situation with yeast extracts/ Vegemite/ nutritional yeasts/tamari). I'll see if I can track down some documentation, though, since I'm going by memory.

According to a site I found here: http://www.essentialoilcookbook.com/html/fascinating-braggs.htm , the process of making Braggs creates the glutamic acid, in theory.

I'm not convinced either way. :) Salt sensitivity runs in my family, and any kind of msg makes me sick, so it would be excluded.

Here's what the site says:

Griselda Blazey has a B.S. in biology, a M.S. is biochemistry, and a Ph.D. (actually a post-doctorate) in endocrinology. She also has a degree from the now defunct College of Dietary Therapy in England. She authored a book, "Food Matters", and a workbook called, "Nutritional Transformation", and used to teach a course by that name. She has been teaching cell physiology, metabolic disorders, and nutrition at Life Chiropractic College West, in San Leandro,California for the past four years. The first time I heard her theory on the saltiness of Bragg's Liquid Aminos was during a lecture she gave at a San Francisco Living Foods Support Group meeting a few years ago. Here is the text from her recent letter:

"The other topic you asked about in your letter was about how Bragg's Aminos are made. Once again, here's an armchair biologist's answer, meaning that I don't know this for sure, but it's the only thing that makes scientific sense. If I were given some vegetable protein and were asked to make it into amino acids without spending a lot of money on it, I would boil it up with some hydrochloric acid. This would break it down to amino acids, but of course it would be too acidic to be palatable. So I would then neutralize the acid with baking soda, causing the reaction mixture to look like this:

2HCl + Na2CO3 ===> 2NaCl + CO2 + H2O

So the salt gets made by mistake as it were. Now someone (I forget who) followed up on this and contacted the Bragg's company to ask if this was how they did it, and they denied it. However, they didn't disclose how they do actually do it, so in the absence of correct information, and with an extremely salty taste in their product, I still consider the above process to play at least some part in their procedure."

That's it. We don't know for sure. All I know is that Griselda has an impressive mind for original theoretical scientific thought, and I sure felt
awful after having a bit of Bragg's a several years ago, just like I did when after having some dulse flakes in raw food recipes - I think that they heat the dulse to drive out the moisture so that it is chopable, thus cooking it and making the "deadly" form of sodium chloride.

Hope you find her theory interesting and worthy of second-thinking the inclusion of the Bragg's product in recipes. - Dave Klein, 1997

********************************************************************************

The next part of the article goes on to say that the above turned out to be true, but doesn't give any sources, so I've omitted it.

I'm going to try this one soon, omitting the nuts, dulse, and liquid aminos, and post how it turns out.

Gimpy

We've been experimenting and have come up with a better version of our detox program that is supposed to deal with heavy metals and candida. By dealing with these two issues, it seems that issues such as fibromyalgia, CFS, IBS, congestive heart failure, auto-immune problems such as arthritis, and so on, really improve.

Here is the streamlined plan we have been perfecting:

Morning:
Take probiotics first. Get a good one, enteric coated. Take one or two.

Then make Shake consisting of:
Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mix, etc. I buy them
frozen and keep a variety in the freezer. You can use them frozen or warmed
up. I warm mine up in the nuker.)
Alternative milk (oat, rice, almond - if you tolerate dairy well (blood type
B) then you can use milk)
1 TBSP Vit C powder - we get it in 1 pound containers from NOW foods)
1 TBSP Spirulina or Chlorella (we get it in 4 pound containers from NOW
foods)
1 TBSP Flax seed oil (we buy this from a livestock feed supplier in a five
liter container. If it is good enough for horses, it's good enough for us.)
Stevia if wanted - and you probably will want it. I use about 5 drops

Blend and drink with:
two capsules Alpha Lipoic Acid
1 capsule reduced Glutathione,
one tablet high potency B vitamins,
high potency mineral supplement (which is usually three capsules but depends
on which product you buy),
and one or two dimagnesium malate or magnesium citrate ( You need 6 to 10 mg
MG per kilo of bodyweight per day. If your bowels get too loose, back the
magnesium down a tad until everything is flowing smoothly, but not too
loose.)

If you want to eat breakfast in addition to the shake, look at the menus in
the "Fat Resistance Diet" book. I usually have some eggs (don't break the
yolks while cooking) and quinoa crackers and/or brown rice or lentils or
some other cooked dried beans or, if you can tolerate dairy, have nuts and
yogurt. I love bacon, so I allow myself a couple slices once a week or a
thin slice of ham.

Nuts for snacks. Mainly walnuts, almonds, pecans. You can have peanuts if
you tolerate them (check your blood type) and cashews, salted, roasted,
whatever. Some authors are picky about it, but I'm not worrying too much
since the objective is to get omega 3 oils and magnesium, both of which are
in nuts.

Lunch and/or dinner
Just have a good anti-inflammatory meal - vegetables mainly, cooked dried
beans, brown rice, meat if wanted, no cheese but if you tolerate dairy, you
can have yogurt.

No fruits except berries.

After dinner, about an hour before your shower, spray magnesium dissolved in
distilled water on your stomach, legs, arms, etc. (You can use the
"magnesium oil" that is sold on the net, but it is pricey. Prolly better to
get some pure magnesium chloride and mix with distilled water and spray it
on. It absorbs in about half an hour, so you can bathe an hour later and
not lose the benefit. It does tend to be sticky if you use the magic oil.)

Before Bed
2 Phosphatidyl Choline
2 Vitamin E (400 mg each)
Fish Oil/Omega 3 oils - take 6 to 10 of these, mix 'em up if you like. I
take 6 cod liver oil and 2 big salmon oil)
Evening Primrose Oil - 1200 mg
Magnesium Taurate - I take a couple of these.
B 6 - 1
5 HTP - 1
GABA - 1 or 2

If you are going to work out or do sauna therapy. This is only for hard-
core detoxing for those who have health issues. If you don't work out or do
sauna, skip this. It will just take longer to detox.

Before Sauna or Gym Work-out 3 or 4 days a week

50 - 100 mg niacin
1 or 2 capsule digestive enzymes
Multi-mineral (determine dose by strength)
High potency Zinc
High potency Magnesium citrate, orotate, malate, or taurate
After one month of work outs/sauna start adding 2 calcium tablets to the mix

After Sauna or Gym Work Out
Vitamin C - high dose
Lipoic Acid - couple of capsules
Glutathione - follow directions
Potassium
Selenium

For SERIOUS HARD CORE detoxing:

Mondays and Thursdays
Coffee enema

For your eating pleasure:

You'll want to have a really good pressure cooker as part of your main
culinary equipment. Get rid of plastics, teflon. Use stainless steel
and/or iron cookware, glass storage dishes or wide-mouth jars.

Never bring anything with gluten (wheat) or sugar or alcohol into the house.
You won't miss it, believe me.

Here's a basic shopping list.

A variety of dried peas and beans in large quantities.

Lots of Lentils.

Brown rice.

Whole rice flour.

Quinoa.
Millet

Gluten free crackers of several varieties.

Stevia.

Lots of frozen vegetables - whatever you like - the more colorful, the
better. Get big packages and
cook big batches to store in the fridge to mix and match for meals with the
big batches of dried beans or peas that you keep in the fridge too.

Also fresh veggies if wanted and you feel like
preparing them.

Cabbage for cooked cabbage and slaw.

Carrots.

Onions.

Garlic.

Plenty of good quality hamburger (fresh and/or frozen) for the beef eaters
though you will want to eat it only once or twice a week.

Plenty of chicken and turkey for the poultry eaters though, again, only eat
three or four times a week.

Fish, scallops, etc... which you can eat almost every day. Try to have a
few meals a week that exclude meat or fish. If possible, have a day of
just veggies, brown rice, and dried peas or beans and nuts and berries.

Canned tomatoes. (crushed, whole, puree, paste)

Canned tuna - try to get one that is known to have less mercury

Canned sardines and or mackerel.

Lots of nuts, different kinds.

Plain yogurt (if you tolerate dairy)
Buttermilk (if you tolerate dairy).

Lots of frozen berries.

Lots of almond milk, oat milk, rice milk if you do not tolerate dairy.
That's everybody except type B.

Oatmeal. Try to get natural, unprocessed. In fact, try to get natural
unprocessed everything if possible!

Butter - no margerine EVER. No hydrogenated vegetable oils EVER.

Eggs. Free range eggs are easily available here and our own chickens are
laying now, so we have fresh eggs every day.

If you really gotta have bacon - try to get it without chemicals.

Salad makings.- fresh vegetables in season or as wanted.

Squash and pumpkins - zucchini, etc. Try to get organic.

Apple cider vinegar.

Kosher dill pickles if wanted. No other kind.

Lots of Olive Oil. Never buy "vegetable oil" again. You can also get nut
oils, sesame oil and my favorite: Grape Seed Oil. This is easily obtained
here in the land of lotsa grapes.

I use grape seed oil to make mayonnaise.

Lemons.

Some gluten free pasta for occasional pasta dishes.

Ricotta and mozzarella - the only allowed cheeses, to be used sparingly.

Cream.

Now, here are some rules of thumb:

Try to eat mostly vegetables - fresh, cooked, raw, whatever. We have
salads, stir fried, steamed, cole slaw, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, beets,
squash, collards, spinach, bok choy etc. We have a vegetable or two or
three at every meal sometimes even including breakfast. Tomatoes are great with eggs.

Next most frequent food: cooked dried peas/beans or lentils. We have
peas/beans or lentils (sometimes both) at almost every meal, sometimes even including breakfast.
Eggs are good with lentils.

Next, cold water fish like cod or salmon. You can eat fish every day if
you like, but we usually eat it two or three times a week. Scallops are
high in omega 3 oils too - and shrimp and oysters when available. If you
don't tolerate shellfish, exclude them.

Next, Turkey and/or chicken. Preferably natural with no evil chemicals in
them. Eat three or four times a week. This can be prepared in a lot of
ways: chicken soup (with rice noodles or brown rice) or coated in ground
walnuts and fried in grapeseed oil, or grilled on a salad, or stuffed with
spinach and baked, or baked with herbs, or with tomato sauce on them... etc.

Beef: a couple times a week - preferably range beef. You can have it in
pasta sauce, in a stew made with chickpeas and onions and tomatoes, steak,
grilled, roasted, etc. Just no potatoes and no bread.

Have pasta only when you really think you gotta have it - maybe once a week.

Have bacon only when you gotta - once or twice a week at most.

Mix and match stuff around.

Always keep at least two kinds of cooked dried peas or beans in stock in the
fridge. Same with a big bowl of brown rice. This is what the pressure
cooker is for. They cook in about 30 minutes in one of those. Same with
vegetables. (Having them in the fridge, ready to eat, that is, not cooked in
the pressure cooker.) We try to keep collards, green beans, bok choy and cooked beets
in the fridge. I don't know if beets are as fresh and easily available
there as they are here. If not, just get a bunch of cans of them, plain, no
sugar or additives.

Sample menu:

Breakfast
If I want something more than my shake (not often)
I have two eggs and either a few quinoa crackers, or cooked quinoa
with butter, or some brown rice fried in butter with maybe some sliced
tomato. I may also have the eggs with lentils and butter. About once a
week, I have oatmeal with butter, stevia and cream on it. About once a week
I have bacon with my eggs and quinoa or millet flakes.

Lunch and dinner: Lentils and/or black-eyed peas and brown rice with a bit
of chopped onion and vinegar on it. Maybe a turkey or chicken breast, or a
hamburger if I want it. Maybe a salad with grilled chicken with olive oil
and vinegar and/or mayonnaise on it. Maybe some green beans cooked with
onions and garlic (usually keep a big dish of these in the fridge to just
warm up). Maybe a hamburger chopped up and fried with some brown rice and a
vegetable on the side. Maybe carrot soup with lentils and quinoa crackers.

You can buy big batches of carrots, peel and boil with minimal water. Then
use an immersion blender to turn it to soup. With a bit of butter, salt,
pepper, garlic, cumin and coriander, this is great. Then, pour it into
little freezer containers when it is cool and freeze it in meal size
portions.

You can also cook big pots of beans and put some in the fridge for a couple
of days, and put the rest in containers in the freezer to defrost and eat as
needed.

Maybe scallops and bok choy stir fried in grape seed oil. That's the
general idea. Mix and match stuff.

The other night we had green beans, lentils, a nice beef stew made with
chick peas, beef, onions, canned tomatoes. You can season liberally with
garlic, salt and pepper. To reduce acidity of canned tomatoes, grate a
carrot into them while cooking.

Tonight we had baked salmon (just salt, pepper and garlic on it) along with
cole slaw (made with a fresh batch of mayonnaise), spinach souffle, english peas.

One night, we may eat cabbage, onions and carrots stir fried in grape seed
or olive oil with a side of beans and brown rice.

Yesterday for lunch Ark and I had a bowl of carrot soup taken out of the
freezer with a side dish of brown rice and green beans that I took out of
the fridge and heated up together in a skillet with a bit of butter and
garlic.

For desserts (if you really gotta have one): defrost some berries in the
microwave and have with cream and stevia, or ricotta cheese. You can have
strawberries with whipped cream sweetened with Stevia. If you can tolerate dairy,
have yogurt with nuts and berries and stevia. But try to limit desserts to three times a
week or so.

For special occasions, I make chocolate mousse with Stevia and serve with
whipped cream with stevia.

We make cole slaw very often and keep a big bowl of it in the fridge. Just grate
a head of cabbage, one carrot and one onion. Toss together with a half cup of
olive oil and a couple tablespoons of cider vinegar. Salt, and pepper and garlic
powder to taste. Put lots of mayonnaise on and make it the right consistency
(creamy but not soupy), add a bit of stevia if wanted. Keep in the fridge.
It's great with fish and/or scallops.

I now make mayonnaise in large quantities. I use 8 to 10 egg yolks, the
same number of teaspoons of dijon mustard, same number of teaspoons of lemon
juice (fresh or bottled), salt, pepper, garlic powder. Start the mixer and
then begin to add the grape seed oil a little at a time until it is the
right consistency. (It needs to stand up when you take the mixer out of
it.) Do NOT use olive oil for mayonnaise unless you intend to eat it all
right away. It separates in the fridge and is a pain to recover the
emulsion.

You can then take the egg whites left after making mayonnaise and beat until
stiff. Fold in with four cups of lightly steamed spinach, 1 cup grated mozzarella,
1/2 cup mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic. put in casserole dish and bake
until lightly brown. Eat immediately with some mayonnaise on it! It's great with
scallops or fish or about anything!

You can have tuna salad on quinoa or rice crackers. You can eat sliced
tomatoes on these crackers with mayonnaise. You can use this mayonnaise
about any way you like because it has nothing evil in it and the oil is GOOD
for you.

Joe has developed a recipe for a fish batter that is out of this world. We
have it about once a week. Fried in grape seed oil and with seafood sauce.
I'll get him to share it.

Seafood sauce: 1/2 cup tomato puree; 1 small can tomato paste, garlic
powder, couple drops of stevia, teaspoon of vinegar, couple tablespoons
of pure grated horseradish. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.

This is also good with scallops. You can also make it as above with
mayonnaise and no tomato sauce.

Once every two weeks or so, have pasta - make sphagetti sauce with meat,
onions, garlic, basil, crushed tomatoes, zucchini chunks if wanted, grate a
carrot in there to de-acidify, and serve on rice or quinoa or spelt pasta.

Or, you can have bird nest pasta (rice or quinoa) with butter, garlic,
ricotta and mozzarella cheese - a variation of fettucini alfredo. This is
also good with scallops chopped up in it.

Fish can be baked with herbs and butter or dipped in ground nuts and baked
or fried. Same with chicken and turkey and veal. You can season the ground
nuts the same way you would season a flour coating mix for fried chicken.
Cook over low heat in grape seed oil. When I do veal, I pound it and dip in
egg and cream - very good imitation of vienerschnitzel. And a lot healthier.

I'm sure you will come up with some of your own inventions. Just try to
stick to the foods that are anti-inflammatory, anti-candida, and rich in
magnesium and omega 3 oils.

For our French members, cassoulet is totally in the diet! Duck is good and so
are haricot beans. Fresh Toulouse sausage is also okey once in awhile.

Laura said:
HAlternative milk (oat, rice, almond - if you tolerate dairy well (blood type
B) then you can use milk)

What if blood type is -A, where can I found info of Not Recommended food etc..
Does anybody knows of agood book on the subject?

ana said:
[

Here's a book for blood type A:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Type-Beverage-Supplement-Lists/dp/0425183114/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225108717&sr=1-3

And in general:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Type-Beverage-Supplement-Lists/dp/0425183114/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225108717&sr=1-3

Namaste said:
ana said:
[

Here's a book for blood type A:

And in general:

Thank you Namaste :)

Meanwhile, as I reported on another thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=8813.new#new

Last night we recorded an interview with Mark Givert of www.get-fitt.com which is where I got my FAR infrared blanket. We'll be getting it up on sott asap and I'll be writing a short article about it to go with the podcast.

Mark flew down and stayed with us a couple of days and we were able to ask all our questions about the FAR infrared treatment. Mark, himself, came to it because of serious health problems and he was doing it long before it was "on the radar" and has since done a LOT of research. He is also involved with a number of professional researchers who are using the therapy for people with serious, debilitating illnesses, including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, etc. He told us about many cases that, unfortunately, did not make it onto the podcast but will later be included in a book that we are urging him to write.

When Mark began his therapy, the FAR infrared devices did not have temperature controls so it was basically a low level of heat. Apparently, this low heat is extremely effective all by itself. He told us about a woman who was in terminal stages of cancer who got in her FAR infrared sauna and stayed in it all day following which, she had a deep "detox reaction" and her cancer went into remission.

Since the FAR infrared acts directly on the mitochondrial energy production mechanism in the body, there are some people who can only tolerate a little of it because of their toxic overload. The minute their body gets a little energy from the infrared, the body starts detoxing and they have the Herxheimer reaction pretty severely, so they have to go slow and easy.

While cranking up the heat until you sweat is an added benefit, I'm glad to know that the lower temps are as beneficial because that means I can spend more time in the sauna which I am going to start doing today!

Another point about detoxing is that it is important to alkalinize the body. Sherry Rogers discusses this in her books, but Mark told us that one of the easiest ways to do this is to have a glass of water (or cup of hot water) with fresh lemon juice in the morning, and eat at least 50% green, leafy vegetables every day. He says that candida and other parasites cannot survive in an alkaline environment. The other 50% of your diet should be divided 30% grains (brown rice, quinoa, etc) and 20% protein. This is kind of a transition diet while detoxing with the sauna. He claims that once you detox sufficiently, you will naturally move to 75% green leafy vegetables (part of which he takes as fresh juices).

You also need oils and the best ones are Hemp, Flax, pumpkin, olive and some nut oils. NEVER vegetable oils!

You also need nuts for magnesium, Brazils, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, cashews, etc. You also can eat avocados as they are an important omega 3 source.

Then he said that the best way to get probiotics is to eat them fresh and live and the way to do that is to make your own fresh sauerkraut and also a water made from quinoa. You wash the quinoa, then put a cup of it in a jar with two LITERS (corrected) of water, cover with a cloth and let sit in a warm place for a couple of days until it is foamy on the top. When the liquid goes cloudy and tastes like lemon water, it is right. Drink the water and add two more LITERS of water and do the same thing. You can do this twice with the same cup of quinoa.

Finally, he told us about something called "Miracle Mineral Supplement" for those plagued with candida, parasites, etc. Have a look here: http://mmsmiracle.com/ and here: http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/miracle-mineral-supplement-mms-by-jim-humble.html

This stuff is really cheap.

Hi all. I have two questions.
The benefit we get from the far infra red radiation in the sauna (apart from the sweating) is the same as if one would stand directly in the sun's light? The radiation is the same, and I remember reading in a a book about someone who travelled to China in which the author said one advice that was given to her by a Chinese "popular medicine doctor" was that there was nothing better for the body then standing naked in the sun for one hour every day.
The other is the following, I read somewhere in a post that Laura did, in which she said that she would have a bath with magnesium in it after the sauna. I believe this is because the skin pours are more dilated and the magnesium is thus taken into the body? I'm asking this because recently I found a public swimming pool near where I live that as also a sauna (a regular dry one), and I thought I could use the sauna and do a bit of swimming. Well this idea may not be the best because then I would "take in" all the chemicals into my body that are used in the water treatment?

Back
Top Bottom