Digital TV: Mind Control by the Sound of Silence

Thanks for laying out the connections so clearly buddy.
I now find myself wondering if this sound of silence is what is being used at denvor airport. I've just had quite a horrific revelation regarding all this.

971101 said:
(Referring to one of the murals):
Q: What's the point?
A: If one gazes at it long enough, they will involuntarily be placed into an alpha state.
Q: Okay. If they go into an alpha state, is there some other kind of message that the picture then conveys?
A: That is not the point!
Q: What is the point?
A: They then are open to programming of a level one order!

_http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/5jcl/5JCL59.htm
For a brain to comprehend and communicate complex meaning, it must be in a state of 'chaotic disequilibrium.' This means that there must be a dynamic flow of communication between all of the regions of the brain, which facilitates the comprehension of higher levels of order (breaking conceptual thresholds), and leads to the formation of complex ideas. High levels of chaotic brain activity are present during challenging tasks like reading, writing, and working mathematical equations in your head. They are not present while watching TV. Levels of brain activity are measured by an electroencenograph (EEG) machine. While watching television, the brain appears to slow to a halt, registering low alpha wave readings on the EEG. This is caused by the radiant light produced by cathode ray technology within the television set. Even if you're reading text on a television screen the brain registers low levels of activity. Once again, regardless of the content being presented, television essentially turns off your nervous system.

Is a low alpha state the same as the one the C's mention? If the delivery system is the sound of silence and TV produces the desired alpha state for programming to occur....guess thats why there called TV programs
I wonder if this is what the C's referred to as 'programming complete'....

I'm unable to find any reference material but I think that fluerecent tubes (including those in LCD backlights) 'may' cause the same state.....but have nothing to back this up.

I wonder also if strobing LED's on emergency vehicles induce alpha states? There sirens would give a good opportunity to hide a (very loud) subliminal transmission. Guess that would give a new view to the term 'crowd control'.

With all that in mind I think we can add to the observed states to watch for the alpha state, especially when watching TV! But by the looks of things in many many other situations too.

RedFox said:
Is a low alpha state the same as the one the C's mention?

I would say more than likely.

http://www.toolsforwellness.com/brainstates.html] Alpha • Relaxation • Visualization • Creativity When you are truly relaxed said:
If the delivery system is the sound of silence and TV produces the desired alpha state for programming to occur....guess thats why there called TV programs
I wonder if this is what the C's referred to as 'programming complete'....

My thoughts are that when someone sits down to watch TV or whatever, he/she internally consents to suspend the critical factor of the conscious mind. In that context, it seems alpha state occurs naturally with the only issue being how long it takes to relax enough to 'get there'.
At this point, the same thing occurs that has always occured between a viewer and a broadcast medium - unmediated connection. In other words, YOU and ME (and any other viewer) are the sole intended absorption point for all the signals pushed through all the transmission media in existence. As soon as your mind consciously or unconsciously duplicates (receives) that which was transmitted (sent) then the pressure in the frequency has been balanced by our absorption of the signals being pushed to us. At this point, programming can probably be considered 'complete', because we can choose to 'act on it'...or not.

But it has always been this way hasn't it? TV, radio, etc. has been around a long time. We have all chosen to let ourselves be influenced by something we've seen or heard at some point, I think. Especially if it was something relatively unimportant and we didn't have any strong feelings to the contrary.

So, I don't think there's any reason to go on 'hyper alert' so to speak, rather just be aware of the additional technology being put to use 'out there' so that we can enhance our knowledge of 'knowing the modes of same' when the subject is about avenues of possible attack.

--fwiw

Additional info on the four primary recognized 'Brain States':

[quote author=http://www.toolsforwellness.com/brainstates.html]

Beta
• Alertness
• Concentration
• Cognition

You are wide-awake, alert. Your mind is sharp, focused. It makes connections quickly, easily and you're primed to do work that requires your full attention. In the Beta state, neurons fire abundantly, in rapid succession, helping you achieve peak performance. New ideas and solutions to problems flash like lightning into your mind. Beta training is one of the frequencies that biofeedback therapists use to treat Attention Deficit Disorder.

Beta waves range between 14-21 and higher HZ. The Beta state is associated with peak concentration, heightened alertness, hand eye coordination and visual acuity.

Alpha
• Relaxation
• Visualization
• Creativity

When you are truly relaxed, your brain activity slows from the rapid patterns of Beta into the more gentle waves of Alpha. Your awareness expands. Fresh creative energy begins to flow. Fears vanish. You experience a liberating sense of peace and well-being. In biofeedback, Alpha training is most commonly recommended for the treatment of stress.

Alpha waves range between 7-14 HZ. This is a place of deep relaxation, but not quite meditation. Alpha is also the home of the window frequency known as the Schuman Resonance - the resonant frequency of the earth's electromagnetic field.

Theta

• Meditation
• Intuition
• Memory

Going deeper into relaxation, you enter the elusive and mysterious Theta state where brain activity slows almost to the point of sleep, but not quite. Theta is the brain state where magic happens in the crucible of your own neurological activity. Theta brings forward heightened receptivity, flashes of dreamlike imagery, inspiration, and your long-forgotten memories. Theta can bring you deep states of meditation. A sensation of "floating." And, because it is an expansive state, in Theta, you may feel your mind expand beyond the boundaries of your body.

Theta rests directly on the threshold of your subconscious. In biofeedback, it is most commonly associated with the deepest levels of meditation. Theta also plays an important part in behavior modification programs and has been used in the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction. Finally, Theta is an ideal state for super-learning, re-programming your mind, dream recall, and self-hypnosis.

Theta waves range between 4-7 HZ. Theta is one of the more elusive and extraordinary realms we can explore. It is also known as the twilight state which we normally only experience fleetingly as we rise up out of the depths of delta upon waking, or drifting off to sleep. In Theta, we are in a waking dream, vivid imagery flashes before the mind's eye and we are receptive to information beyond our normal conscious awareness. Theta has also been identified as the gateway to learning and memory. Theta meditation increases creativity, enhances learning, reduces stress and awakens intuition and other extrasensory perception skills.

Delta
• Detached Awareness
• Healing
• Sleep

You are unconscious at the Delta Level.
Long, slow, undulating. Delta is the slowest of all four brain wave frequencies. Most commonly associated with deep sleep, certain frequencies in the Delta range also trigger the release of Human Growth Hormone so beneficial for healing and regeneration. This is why sleep - deep restorative sleep - the kind that Delta frequencies help induce is so essential to the healing process.

Delta is the brain wave signal of the subconscious, the seat from which intuition arises. That means Delta-based programs are not only an ideal choice for their sleep and deep regeneration potential, but also when you want to access your unconscious activity and help that wellspring of information flow to your conscious mind for clearing and for empowerment. Delta waves range between 0-4 HZ.
[/quote]

Nice research, Buddy, RedFox!

When I read over the original post in this thread, I noted that it could be broken down into two articles. The first article contained the comments by Ken Adachi of Educate Yourself.org, and the second was the article he posted by A. True Ott.

The first, I found 'smelled' rather a bit in the same way as the infamous and false, "hundreds of thousands of box cars fitted with manacles" story. --Which, tellingly, was referenced at the end of his post before he went on to quote the second article in full.

--With this particular 'smell', I find that the common pattern seems to be one of the claimant describing the global conspiracy as being more nuts and bolts, more concrete and easily measurable than it really is.

While the article he posted smelled a lot less, I did find myself a little galled by the claim that when Eisenhower was warning the world of the MIC, he was talking specifically of the essayist's personal subject of alarm, SSSS, --and not the much more broad and complex pattern of corrupt thinking which the MIC represents. This strikes me as being a tad arrogant and over-simple. --Though in fairness, it may also be accurate.

There is certainly a legitimate concern here; the human nervous system is indeed highly susceptible to EM manipulations.

[quote author=Buddy]Early in the article, his case seems not to differentiate between digital, HD and analog carrier waves. It's all lumped together under the idea of mind control, but is it? I'm still not sure if a mind can be effectively programmed with digital signals as with analog after reading this.
[/quote]

Some time ago, I looked into the subject of EM manipulation and learned this interesting fact. --That a digital signal, even if it is carried by a frequency wave-form which is much higher than has been observed to have specific affect on the human nervous system, (between 0 and 30 Hz), can STILL have those same effects. --This is done through pulse modulation.

Robert O. Becker describes it better than me (bolded emphasis mine). . .

--I should first mention that Becker, author of "Cross Currents" is a wonderfully lucid writer and a well-respected doctor, and I recommend his book to everybody who wants to understand how the human nervous system can be affected by the electromagnetic spectrum. I often mention Becker in the same breath as Dolan. There appear to be used copies available on Amazon for as little as $3.00 http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Currents-Robert-O-Becker/dp/0874776090 )

Dr. W. Ross Adey of California's Loma Linda Medical Center has reported that the release of calcium ions from nerve cells following exposure to 16 Hz may also be produced by exposure of nerve cells to a microwave field modulated as 16 Hz. The microwave alone (unmodulated) has no such effect. The two types of modulation that are biologically important are pulsed and amplitude.

Modulation is the secret of transmitting information by means of electromagnetic fields. AM radio, for example, is amplitude modulated: the radio receiver "demodulates" the signal, removing the "carrier" radio-frequency wave and saving the slowly rising and falling modulation, which is what we then hear as music or voice. Transmission of the carrier wave alone would produce no sound, or a steady tone, depending upon the type of AM radio used. It appears that the body also demodulates the signal when exposed to modulated radio-frequency or microwave fields; the biological effect is that of the low-frequency modulation.

In this view, all biological effects are produced by ELF (extremely low frequency) frequencies. This makes good sense, because the body systems that pick up the electromagnetic field are "tuned" to the natural frequencies between zero and 30 Hz.

-Robert O. Becker, "Cross Currents" page 212.

I found this rough image which shows how frequency modulation works. . .

http://transcriptions.english.ucsb.edu/archive/courses/liu/english236/materials/pulse-amplitude-modulation.gif

--The smooth wave seen in the image has a slow up and down, and this is the one which can affect the nervous system. The square wave-form in the image (the one which carries a digital signal) pulses up and down much more quickly, at a frequency not immediately registered by the nervous system, (according to Becker), but the height of each square-topped wave makes up a portion of an artificial curve, simulating the slower, smooth wave form. The brain, apparently, does not differentiate between the two.

So, microwaves and other high frequencies can be used to stimulate the brain using modulation techniques.

Now the new Digital TV systems are working within the same frequency range (from around 50 to 800 Mhz) as the old regular television broadcasts, --with a little shuffling around in the spectrum to place police and emergency bands into new slots. The only big difference is that the type of receiver in the home needs to work differently to de-code the signal.

I found the following in an FAQ provided by an antenna retailer. (Emphasis mine.)

Q: How do analog TV broadcasts and DTV compare to each other?

A: There are some similarities. Both use VHF and UHF broadcast frequencies. While analog and digital television broadcasts have a modulated carrier wave, the way that signal is modulated is entirely different. Analog TV uses an amplitude-modulated (AM) signal for pictures and frequency modulation (FM) for audio, while DTV signals use digital "packets", to transmit pictures and audio.

http://www.antennasdirect.com/faqs.html)

From what I could further gather from other posts on the web regarding this topic, the new DTV system may be increasing somewhat the amount of raw EM already being broadcast into the environment, and that the manner of coding information into the signal will be different, but that beyond this, little will change with respect to the actual signal.

Of course, it is certainly not beyond the range of possibility that the new DTV signals could be directed to modulate down to affect a human target. But this is already the case, and it should be noted that the military reserves a vast portion of the EM broadcast spectrum above the portion allocated to Television and Radio broadcasts. This portion can certainly be modulated down to affect humans.

However, I did spot one significant change: while the new DTV signal uses the same frequency range as the old TV system, some television stations are nonetheless being forced to build new broadcast towers. Apparently, the new digital signal needs to be more precise than the old analog signal if it will be able to reach all its customers properly. This has always been the case with digital communications. If the incoming signal is too fuzzy, then the whole signal vanishes, unlike analog which allows one to squint at the TV set and still be able to make out a picture and pick up sound.

So I can see an increased danger in that there is new equipment being erected with what sounds like increased strength and finer control over what signals are sent where. That sounds like it could indeed be useful for mind-controlling operations.

[quote author=C's 970222]
A: We told you that "HAARP" was being designated for capturing
and modulating electromagnetic fields for the purpose of total control
of brainwave patterns in order to establish a system of complete
"order on the surface of the planet" in either 3rd or 4th density.
Q: (L) Is HAARP in operation at the present time?
A: Yes, in its early stages.
Q: (T) Is the spreading of all these communication towers out across
the country the equivalent of a HAARP program on a continental
scale?
A: Back up system.
Q: (L) So, they don't need the towers to operate the HAARP system,
but they are there as the backup?
A: Towers serve dual and lateral purposes.

[/quote]

Now. . . One of the suggestions put forth in first of the two articles appears to be that the DTV receivers and Plasma screen televisions are themselves vectors of attack using SSSS.

I don't quite see how this can be. --A DTV receiver box should not, I think, also be a broadcasting unit; I may be wrong here, (and I invite anybody to correct me if I am mistaken), but I would expect that such a unit simply decodes the existing signal and sends it via wire to the television set. And unless the receiver box is contributing to the broadcast EM signal in a person's house, then it should logically not be able to serve as a vector of attack in the sense described, (SSSS). --Though, it may affect people in ways I am not aware of; that is always a possibility, but it seems from my current understanding of the technology to be unlikely. --Any tech-savvy hobbyist who pops open the receiver box and discovered that it contained a UHF or VHF transmitter would immediately wonder why and this would raise questions.

Second. . . The new plasma screen televisions. Unless they are broadcasting a signal between 0 - 30 Hz, either raw or modulated, then similarly, I don't see how they could be a vector of direct attack through that means either. However, it is possible that from their audio speakers a sub-audio SSSS signal may be broadcast, though again, this seems unlikely to me. It's the sort of thing people could discover rather quickly, and thus it would appear to be a very short-sighted attempt at mind-control.

The technology as it currently works to control minds through TV and other strobing devices has been suggested by the C's. . .

[quote author=C's 951118]
Q: (L) Okay. You mentioned the strobe lights. Are these strobe lights
that are used to control minds, are these something that we would or
might come in contact with on a daily basis?
A: Do you not already know? We didn't say: some strobe lights, we
said: strobe lights, i.e. all inclusive!
Q: (T) Strobe lights come in many forms and types. TV is a strobe
light. Computer screens are a strobe light. light bulbs strobe.
Fluorescents strobe. Streetlights strobe.
A: Police cars, ambulances, fire trucks... How long has this been
true? Have you noticed any changes lately??!!??
Q: (F) Twenty years ago there were no strobe lights on any of those
vehicles mentioned. They had the old flasher type lights. Now, more
and more and more there are strobe lights appearing in all kinds of
places. (L) And now, they even have them on school buses! (T) And
the regular city buses have them too, now. (L) Okay, is the strobing
of a strobe light, set at a certain frequency in order to do certain things?
A: Hypnotic opener.
Q: (L) Can we say that this is something we are being acclimated to,
so that other things that happen to us in terms of our interactions... it
just keeps one in a continual state of hypnosis?
A: Assumptions restrict the flow!
Q: (L) What is the purpose of the hypnotic opener being used in this
way?
A: You don't notice the craft.
Q: (L) Ohhhhhhhh! So we may be being continuously flown over by
alien craft...
A: Assumption!
Q: (L) Sorry! (T) Okay, we don't notice the craft because we see the
strobes. They are hypnotic openers and are inducing a hypnotic
effect...
A: Assumption!
Q: (T) Okay, continue, then.
A: Well, ask a question, then!
Q: (L) Okay, they are telling us not to assume, but to ask. (T) Okay,
what craft are we NOT seeing?
A: Opener. Is precursor to suggestion, which is auditory in nature.
Q: (T) What suggestion?
A: Put on your thinking caps. Networking is not making assumptions.
Bold unilateral statement of "fact" is.
Q: (T) Oh. Phrase your statements in the form of a question! I'd like
"Hypnotic Openers" for $200, Alex! Cosmic Jeopardy! (L) Okay, you
said the "suggestion is auditory in nature." If this is the case, where is the
suggestion coming from auditory?
A: Where do you normally receive auditory suggestions from?
Q: (L) Radio, television... (T) Telephone... (L) Is that what we are
talking about?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) If you encounter a strobe while driving, or you are sitting in
front of your television, then the suggestions can be put into you
better because of this hypnotically opened state? Is that it?
A: Yes.

[/quote]

So when I think through how television affects us, this is what I come up with: The regular, old-style CRT television strobes at 60 Hz, and acts as a hypnotic opener so that audio signals can sit themselves deeply within the mind. Television is a brilliant/insidious strategy for mind-control; the audio is linked right up with the strobe. An advert or news cast need only tell you what to believe, and being hypnotically opened ensures that what you are told sticks inside you on a subconscious level.

Now I have been plagued by one question. CRTs definitely strobe, and at 60 Hz, (on and off 60 times per second), it is quite slow. When you wave your hands in front of a CRT, your fingers look all dance-floor funky. In front of a flat screen monitor, however, this is not the case. Flat screen computer monitors use what are known "Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps" to illuminate the screen. According to what I was able to glean from the web, (and this was surprisingly difficult), these lamps, depending on the design, flicker at rates of between 30 kHz to 80 kHz --Which even at the slowest rate, is tens of thousands of times faster than the old CRT television screen. Together with diffusion frosting in the tube, the light in an LCD flat screen seems perfectly steady. (The following two websites were where I was able to derive the frequency of CCFLs. You'll note if you read through them that it was hardly straight-forward. If somebody can find a better source, it would be a useful addition here.)

http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/3513
http://napkinlinks.com/node/160

I haven't been able to determine what the effect of this high frequency strobing is on the optical nerve, if any. The same holds true for the new so-called 'green' CFL light bulbs being pushed down our throats lately.

--One thought did occur to me, however. --When you have an electronic system turning a switch on and off that quickly, it creates a radio signal. This means that when you have a CFL bulb in your light socket, or a CCFL running in your computer screen, unless the electronics are shielded, (which I know in the case of some light bulbs is not the case), then they will be emitting high frequency radio emissions. (The old incandescent bulbs can't be accused of this.) I haven't figured out what this might mean for our poor grey matter, but it is something to consider.

Also. . , I don't know how plasma screens work. I don't know anything about the light which comes from them, if it flickers or not. I've just about run out of research-juice tonight, so maybe somebody else can pick that one up and find an answer. =)

So. . .

In closing this rather long post, I will re-cap the things I was trying to say. . .

1. The first half of the original post seemed rather alarmist and mis-directed.
2. The second half of the original post, while addressing a legitimate concern, doesn't appear to have much to do with the deployment of DTV.
3. The new DTV system is causing broadcasters to erect new towers, extending the range and fine-tuning of the existing control system.
4. I don't see how DTV receivers can directly enlarge the problem of mind-control via EM radiation or SSSS unless they are also transmitters.
5. Unless the new plasma screens are broadcasting a subliminal message through their speakers, then a newly introduced form of audio SSSS also seems unlikely.

--Of course, I may be wrong on all points, and I am open to input.

And here are a few of my open questions. . .

1. How does the light from a flat screen monitor or plasma screen affect the viewer? (It seems weird and unlikely that CRT's which are so effective in the area of mind control should be replaced by a less effective technology. This suggests to me that I am missing something important.)
2. How are people affected by the EM 'noise' given off by CFL and CCFL lamps?

That's it for now.

This is certainly a fascinating subject! Thank you, Michael for bringing it up.

Hi Woodsman

You do bring up an interesting point about the power output of the new DTV transmitters.
I know that because of the signal degradation (you loose the picture entirely instead of it getting fuzzy) they've had to build more transmitters to give better coverage.

_http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/apr/17/radio.digitaltv
New transmitters boost digital radio coverage

Nearly 2 million people will benefit from plans to build 10 new digital radio transmitters in England and the Scottish borders.

Digital One, which operates the first national commercial digital multiplex, said the new transmitters would boost its coverage from 85% to 90% of the population.

It said they would bring "new or improved coverage" to areas including the Scottish Borders, Cumbria, the Yorkshire coast, Derbyshire and the south coast.

Digital One broadcasts the three national analogue stations in digital - Classic FM, Virgin Radio and TalkSport, as well as digital stations Core, Planet Rock, Capital Life, Oneword and theJazz.

The total population affected will be around 1.89 million once the transmitters have been built over the next two years.

The area of Cumbria affected includes Whitehaven, which will become the first part of the country to have its analogue TV signal switched off in October.

Digital One said the move was designed to "complement the digital TV switchover project, by giving residents of Whitehaven the opportunity to make a total switch to digital technology".

National Grid Wireless and Channel 4 Radio are bidding to run the second national commercial digital multiplex. Ofcom will announce the winner in July.

As to power output, I'm coming up against a bit of a brick wall (perhaps I'm not phrasing the search correctly)

_http://www.aerialsandtv.com/digitalnationwide.html
shows uk coverage and transmitter power for analogue and digital....however I'm not sure if it shows digital is a lot lower power output than analogue, or that the digital power requirements are added to the analogue?

_http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-reception/820-analog-transmit-watts-power-vs-dtv-watts-power-question.html
seems to suggest that the power may be going up a bit (100kw or so) but some are again a lot lower.

However what is interesting to note is that some digital transmitters are having there power increased (still below analogue output mind).

Maybe someone else with more technical knowhow could look this up? Perhaps woodsmans point about AM/FM signals is important here....if the overall effect of the digital transmission is more like AM then perhaps lower outputs have greater effect?

I'd like to address a few other things in your post now woodsman though. It seems your confusing your apples and oranges a bit.
From what I understand the Sound of Silence technology is purely auditory. It has nothing to do with EM or AM/FM transmission/retransmition. So you won't find any re-transmitters in DTV boxes (I've had a few appart, theres literally nothing but the receiver and decoder chips in there).
Instead the suggestion is that the sound of silence is being played through your tv speakers, at a frequency that you cannot hear (but that still effects you).
The new DTV technology offers better quality imaged/audio. So the conclusion is that the PTB are pushing this technology (at great cost) so that such technology has a greater effect. The instructions/influence (and even programming) comes through loud and clear compared to the old analogue system.

The EM element of the transmitions (and other things like CFL/LCD's/TV's etc) I think is another kettle of fish. From my understanding EM interference causes stress upon the body, but does not impart any major influencing/programming (other than perhaps a stress responce). I should think this may be one element in transmarginal inhibition.
It may be that it does have more influence though, such as the 50Hz of all AC electrical systems (inducing an alpha state?)....but am uncertain of this.

Finally the strobing of the TV, and from your C's quote above any kind of strobing! (LCD/CFL/fluorescent etc) produce an hypnotic opener (possibly an alpha state).

So its possible putting those quotes together with that sounds of silence technology and the knowledge of alpha states gives a more complete picture to the C's quotes in this thread! (another hit for the C's!!) i.e. the technical how's.

At least this is what I see so far, I could be wrong?

A final thought, the Denver airport quote

971101 said:
(Referring to one of the murals):
Q: What's the point?
A: If one gazes at it long enough, they will involuntarily be placed into an alpha state.
Q: Okay. If they go into an alpha state, is there some other kind of message that the picture then conveys?
A: That is not the point!
Q: What is the point?
A: They then are open to programming of a level one order!

It seems that if an alpha state can be induced just by looking at a picture (possibly with the help of strobing lighting?).....then this links quite well to the work perhaps? Any kind of external identification may well induce the alpha state. So is dissociation and the alpha state one and the same?
I'll see if I can find anything that links the two. (is it normal to feel a mix of horror and excitement at unpicking this stuff?)

Anyone able to find anything else from the wave/C's about programming of a level one order? (I'll try and look it up later too)

Thanks, Woodsman for expanding on the relationship between digital and analog signals. As to your 'open questions', I may have some of that info in one of my textbooks. I will look it up as soon as I can.
Regarding the issue of technology inducing the 'alpha state', it may be useful to suggest that ultimately, the purpose of gaining this knowledge is learning how to achieve more control over ourselves and maintaing that control. Towards that end, I think that even if our screens, TV's or other monitors do transmit oscillations in the alpha range, my current understanding implies that it is still possible to easily negate them with our 'learning mode'.

One possible 'side-effect' for doing so much research and learning, even if sitting in front of your computer monitor, is to develop the habit of being in, and having 'fun' in the Beta range. Learning is fun, eh?
Even though the figurative Don Juan would probably not agree with the 'fun' part while he was being beaten with abandon [1], still, he maintained his mental state in 'learning' mode...in control of his mind, emotions and body. He was not a good subject for 'programming'.

The 'learning' state of mind:
Don Juan tells his story to Castaneda: He worked on some Hacienda and the Capat�z wanted to kill him, which he manages -or so he thinks. Don Juan returns a few years latter, but with precisely this maneuver on his being, and comments, one most be able to gather information, while one is being beated with abandon.

And this is obtained by forgetting about one's own self sense of "security" -whatever it might happen to you, just let it happen to you: To allow this "carelessness" to be within. Does this sounds like a dangerous suggestion? Well, yes, a boat is safe on the harbor, but that is not what it was made for. So that was the Ego asking that, getting worried about the "security" of the fake self.

Nothing will happen to the true "I". On the contrary, it might just find a rest from the "I" Policeman! This one is the one on guard, making sure all our motives to be depressed or worried are there, every day, very ready to... drain. Let's stop expressing this.

This non-expression allows an inflow of joy to fall over the lower emotional center. A realization. The "bulb" lights-on, since we have acquired awareness "of what stimulated the emotional reaction" (we have gathered info when we were being beaten with abandon by the "depression"). This lapse of time when the realization is taking place, most be treated carefully... and allow it, first to start, then to end at its peace: This is the moment we are after! This is a Victory over the negative emotions! It is up until now that the event has happened!

Here is a thought.

Is it true that strobe lighting simply places the brain/mind into a "stress
state" (hyptonic opener) so that all that that follows is easily "injected"?

For example, when one researches "strobe lights", certain flashing frequencies
are known to cause "discomfort": sickness, nausea, dizziness, and other
maladies (and the specific effects may have different results on different
people), but nevertheless, places certain stresses on the mind/brain
in order to allow the (subliminal) information to easily pass through,
since awareness is effectively regulated to minimal (alpha) states? It
may be similar to a "hangover", and in this state, awareness becomes
almost if not completely non-existent, hence the term: "hyptonic opener"?

Sorry for rambling, but I think I got my main point across, hopefully?

Dan

[quote author=Buddy yesterday] Other than strong, mysterious emotional prompts, it may help to be aware of physical signs of possible programming attempts, such as 'headaches', a feeling of inexplicable uneasiness and sensations of that nature [/quote]

Would this include such things as 'sudden frequency-like ringing in ears' - from this thread here ?

Thanks for that link, buddy. That's something to look into.

Buddy said:
But it has always been this way hasn't it? TV, radio, etc. has been around a long time. We have all chosen to let ourselves be influenced by something we've seen or heard at some point, I think.... So, I don't think there's any reason to go on 'hyper alert' so to speak, rather just be aware of the additional technology being put to use 'out there' so that we can enhance our knowledge of 'knowing the modes of same' when the subject is about avenues of possible attack.... if one is constantly self-observing, shifting attention in one's environment, etc, then it's probably not necessary.

Well said, Buddy. If we were to avoid every single thing in our environment that could potentially be used to unconsciously influence our thinking and state of mind, or as a mode of attack, we would have to live as hermits. As always, Knowledge and Awareness is key. In the end, striving through the Work to live in a conscious, deliberate, and awake manner is the best defence against the kind of "brainwashing" and "mind control" that those who are sound asleep are most vulnerable to.

I would venture to suggest that if someone has a fearful preoccupation with such potential outside effects and influences, it may indicate that he suffers from a core mistrust of his ability to protect himself through knowledge and awareness -- and I'm wondering if that might be a thought pattern that needs to be explored. Perhaps it represents a misplaced focus, concentrating on the avoidance and/or removal of potential effects rather than the Work required to mentally shield oneself from that which cannot be completely avoided and/or removed....

FWIW

bedower said:
Would this include such things as 'sudden frequency-like ringing in ears' - from this thread here ?

I don't think there's any way to answer that with certainty, bedower. That is, without holding in mind every single factor that is capable of causing that ringing and then comparing all possible causes against one's current environment and 'state'.
The ringing could be useful to put you in a heightened state of awareness, though, so that you observe more elements of your environment for clues, yet the internal environment can't be examined so easily.
It seems to me that a 'snapshot' of the current environmental conditions would also have to include the current state of your endocrine system, and levels of relevant components in your bloodstream, brain and whatever else, as well as possible pathological existents.
If this is an issue that won't go away for someone, then a doctor's visit would probably be advised, otherwise I would simply say use the experience for what it can teach about observation and investigation.

PepperFritz said:
I would venture to suggest that if someone has a fearful preoccupation with such potential outside effects and influences, it may indicate that he suffers from a core mistrust of his ability to protect himself through knowledge and awareness -- and I'm wondering if that might be a thought pattern that needs to be explored.

I think "fearful preoccupation" is probably the key. I, myself, was raised to mistrust my own knowledge and awareness because others 'knew better' and other such nonsense.
Today, I try to keep my approach to learning balanced, because as I learn certain things, different emotions get stimulated, and if I'm not careful, my efforts could become fear-driven instead of 'enlightening'; and if it becomes fear-driven, the 'goal' automatically changes to avoidence and removal...and that's not what helps increase 'doing' - rather the opposite...or so I think.

RedFox said:
I'd like to address a few other things in your post now woodsman though. It seems your confusing your apples and oranges a bit.
From what I understand the Sound of Silence technology is purely auditory. It has nothing to do with EM or AM/FM transmission/retransmition. So you won't find any re-transmitters in DTV boxes (I've had a few appart, theres literally nothing but the receiver and decoder chips in there).

Indeed! So many different fruits! I found it difficult to determine where the authors were drawing their lines between them, and so decided to just address it all given the importance and inter-relation of the whole subject. . .

The EM element of the transmitions (and other things like CFL/LCD's/TV's etc) I think is another kettle of fish. From my understanding EM interference causes stress upon the body, but does not impart any major influencing/programming (other than perhaps a stress responce). I should think this may be one element in transmarginal inhibition.
It may be that it does have more influence though, such as the 50Hz of all AC electrical systems (inducing an alpha state?)....but am uncertain of this.

This is a really interesting point, and I'm glad you brought it up.

I came across an actual mechanic through which AC domestic wall-socket current can affect the nervous system.

Check this out. . .

Finally the strobing of the TV, and from your C's quote above any kind of strobing! (LCD/CFL/fluorescent etc) produce an hypnotic opener (possibly an alpha state).

The thing is, technically everything strobes. --Sound, sunlight, matter. Everything is built from vibrating energy. So, when the C's talk about 'strobe lights' wrt 'hypnotic openers' I find I am inclined toward thinking of blinking lights detectable by the optic nerve, even if we can't consciously 'see' it, our brains are aware that it is blinking. --I've read that a very small percentage of people are a little more sensitive and can actually not watch television because they are consciously aware of the strobe. However, I'm not sure the same can be said for the much higher frequency CCFL's in flat screen monitors. I wonder if they hypnotically open in the same way or at all. I'd sure like to know more about that, because while I have tossed my television, I certainly spend some long hours gazing at my computer flat screen.

RedFox said:
is it normal to feel a mix of horror and excitement at unpicking this stuff?

Holy smokes, I know what you mean! Especially in the beginning, when my mind is most eager to gather this stuff up I often want to hide under the sheets. I just try to focus on the 'fun' side of learning and trust that the fear will settle down after the knowledge assimilates. Kind of like learning about fire for the first time and what it can do to a person. Once you know, you're protected and the fear turns into simple prudence.

Cheers!

Woodsman, I have been unable to locate anything specifically related to the flat panel (CCFL) issue that you brought up...other than what I'm including below.

From what I see so far, flicker occurs in a CRT because the phosphor dims while waiting for the next pass of the electron gun.
LCD screens don't have that flicker because the lighting is done at the pixel level by turning the grids' transistors on and off simultaneously. So what we have is a bunch of transistors, all across the screen turning on and off really quickly. How fast the pixels are lit determines the intensity or brightness of the colors.

Here's a couple examples of the working frequencies of two flat panels side-by-side:
_http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/xseries/storage/pdf/Flat_panel_spec_sheet.pdf

Some info on CCFL Characteristics:
_http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/an_pk/3528 or just download and read the .pdf:
_http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN3528.pdf

Misc.:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_cathode

Buddy, thank-you for the research

Buddy said:
From what I see so far, flicker occurs in a CRT because the phosphor dims while waiting for the next pass of the electron gun.
LCD screens don't have that flicker because the lighting is done at the pixel level by turning the grids' transistors on and off simultaneously. So what we have is a bunch of transistors, all across the screen turning on and off really quickly. How fast the pixels are lit determines the intensity or brightness of the colors.

The flicker rate of the pixels does seem nice and benign. The lighting tubes themselves which sit behind them are the things which remain the big question. --I know that the new OLED, (Organic Light Emitting Diode) displays are quite interesting in that the pixel itself provides the light, and it is steady with zero scan flicker from what I gather, (LED's being what they are). This allows screens using this technology to be very thin, only a few millimeters. They're also brighter and sharper in resolution with none of the viewing angle problems regular LCD monitors have. I had the change to play with one at a Sony Store a few months back. It was quite small, only about 10" and it was well over $1000, but I expect that if they manage to get the manufacturing cost down that it will become the new standard.

The thing is, I don't see how it will be able to act as a hypnotic opener in the manner of the old CRT technology, so perhaps the trend, including the current standard of LCD screen, really is moving away from using strobe lights to affect people. Which begs the question. . .

Are the PTB abandoning their scheme to employ population-wide mind control via electronics, or have they simply got something which works better and which doesn't need televisions as an active component of the system? (Or which uses them in a different manner, perhaps creating alpha states through other technology, like cell phones or wireless routers?)

Perhaps HAARP in conjunction with the nearly now ubiquitous cellphone technology is considered sufficient to get the job done.

I remember being in Toronto a few years back, and my girlfriend and I were staying near the top floor of a huge apartment complex. One evening this intense sub-audio thrumming began. It didn't feel like a mechanical sort of rumble, no cutlery was rattling or anything like that. Rather it made our chests and heads feel like they were vibrating from the inside out. My girlfriend and I were both immediately aware of it, it made it impossible to sleep or think straight; it was very stressful and it made my heart race and my chest tight. Typical stress reactions.

We asked our host and a few other people what it was but nobody understood what we were talking about. Nobody seemed to feel it but us, possibly due to our having lived for years out in the country side where there was far less EM pollution, and where we were also working on increasing our energy awareness through a number of different practices. --We eventually tried going down into the basement of the building where they had an exercise room and a pool. When the elevator dropped below ground level, the thrumming immediately diminished, (a big relief), but it could still be felt at perhaps 20% of the full-on whatever-it-was immediately above ground and all the way up the 30 odd floors of building. After a few hours it stopped just as suddenly as it had started and the change washed over us like fresh air. --We were visiting for a week and it didn't happen again. I wish now that I'd had the presence of mind to explore a little more; to leave the grounds of the building and see how far the effect extended. In any case, it was certainly an object lesson in how wave generators can drive people a bit nutty.

Anyway. . . As regards DTV and plasma screens. . , I'd really like to know more about what they might do. It would be fascinating to measure the levels of brain-wave states which you detailed earlier when people are sitting at a computer or watching different kinds of television. I wonder how hard it would be to borrow an EEG machine for such a purpose.

Does anybody have access to that kind of technology or know somebody who does?

Woodsman said:
The thing is, I don't see how it will be able to act as a hypnotic opener in the manner of the old CRT technology, so perhaps the trend, including the current standard of LCD screen, really is moving away from using strobe lights to affect people.

My feeling is that this 'trend' is simply the natural evolution of the technology and that the use of monitor flicker as a hypnotic opener to 'mind programming' is simply not a serious area of the PTB's focus - especially when there are so many other possibilities to work with.

There's also the idea that a lot of folks are already walking around in various states or degrees of hypnosis anyway, so what is the likelihood that the 'hypnotic opener' available in ordinary consumer electronics would be getting so much attention by the PTB below the seriousness level of say, "Greenbaumers"? I don't know, just asking.

In addition, it seems like the main focus is simply getting us used to the idea of various 'openers' in our environment so that when the time comes for the serious programming efforts, there will be nothing in the environment to provoke unusual suspicion (which could then lead to the beta state or what I like to call 'learning mode'. Think: promoting/encouraging mental lethargy).

It seems reasonable that chasing specific details concerning an ever-changing technology would narrow one's attention unnecessarily and distract from the big picture. But these are just my thoughts.

At any rate, the technical aspects are getting over my head and not leading to a greater understanding of a possible relationship to Digital TV and the Sound of Silence technology as Michael proposed in the thread title, so I think I may have to drop it here for now.

Buddy said:
My feeling is that this 'trend' is simply the natural evolution of the technology and that the use of monitor flicker as a hypnotic opener to 'mind programming' is simply not a serious area of the PTB's focus - especially when there are so many other possibilities to work with.

Yes. I'm leaning toward that conclusion myself.

[quote author=Buddy]
At any rate, the technical aspects are getting over my head and not leading to a greater understanding of a possible relationship to Digital TV and the Sound of Silence technology as Michael proposed in the thread title, so I think I may have to drop it here for now.
[/quote]

That's entirely fair, and I appreciate the input you have provided.

Before I wrap up my own exploration of the DTV thing, I did feel it necessary to try to find some more concrete data on that niggling detail of how LCD and Plasma screens might affect cognition. To that end, I think I found something which serves to satisfy me for the time being. . .

I didn't find any direct studies using EEG machines monitoring brain wave patterns, (such studies are only available wrt CRT monitors, and even those are hard to find). However. . .

I did find a fair bit of discussion amongst people who suffer from a condition known as "photogenic epilepsy", --which essentially describes people who suffer from seizures after being exposed to flickering lights. Evidently, the effects of CRT televisions and computer monitors on such people can serve as strong triggers. --Apparently, one of the common solutions people seem to agree upon is that of switching to a flat screen LCD monitor. Epileptics report dramatic improvements. The following site and the discussions in the forum after the article on that page offer an example. . .

http://www.epilepsy.com/discussion/492484

While this is not hard evidence, it remains suggestive that the lamps used in LCD screens may well NOT serve as hypnotic openers. --That is, if they do not strobe in a manner which causes seizures in people sensitive to strobing light, then perhaps they also do not have any other effect on cognition.

I still need to look into Plasma screens, and if I find anything on that I'll post it here.

But for the time being, here are my conclusions about the ideas brought up in the parent article/s. . .

1. DTV doesn't by itself appear to present any greater threat via SSSS over the existing television system except in that the DTV speakers offer a more clear sound.

2. Plasma screens, if the light source doesn't strobe, or strobes in a manner similar to LCD monitors, seem unlikely to serve as a hypnotic opener. (Still need concrete evidence of this.)

3. The extended construction of broadcast towers for DTV appear to be perhaps the most significant detail of note wrt HAARP-like control measures.

4. I do not think it wise, however, that one should feel safe in cuddling up to one's flat screen television set simply because it no longer strobes like the old CRTs. --I suspect that there is some part of the equation which has not yet been explored or connected properly. I would be interested in what others think, although perhaps that discussion should be better placed under another forum thread, because, as Buddy has wisely pointed out, this would have little to do with the, "DTV Sound of Silence" concept.

That's it!

Cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom