Digital TV: Mind Control by the Sound of Silence

4S is auditory but what if it is "coupled" with visual input as well?
I think the whole experience must be taken into account and not
piecemeal. or so I think.

Take into account of the way digital is converted from packets
into an analog stream (for those who have converter boxes) -
when packets break or are missing due to bad reception, the
results are "jumbled squares" or momentairly frozen or dropped
pictures/sound on the analog TVs (which most people have) - and
is very annoying, causing frustrations, disappointment or even
outright anger when not getting a clear, uninterrupted viewing.
Perhaps this is another "trigger" when one is angry, no?

Somehow, this reminds me of "Independence Day, July 4th"
when TV screens were getting morphed. I see this often and
I am only 5-10 miles away from the transmission towers...

FWIW,
Dan

I have read this thread and much appreciated all the information in it, and have been inspired to understand more fully some of the technical aspects. I am absolutely on board with the idea that if it can be done, the PTB will figure out a way to do it if needed.
I do wish to note, however, that when it comes to mind control, the PTB, as evidenced through the medium of television, have been doing a VERY thorough job of it by using the low-tech instrument of the English language. It seems to be working very well so far. Most of the people I know who get their information from TV are so hopelessly confused they don't seem to have any idea what might actually be going on.

thevenusian said:
I do wish to note, however, that when it comes to mind control, the PTB, as evidenced through the medium of television, have been doing a VERY thorough job of it by using the low-tech instrument of the English language. It seems to be working very well so far.

Hi thevenusian;

In the interests of clarity, are you referring to government propaganda, media newspeak or the ponerized state of the English language in general - or perhaps something else that doesn't come to mind at the moment? I ask because I can be a little dense sometimes - even over the simplest things. :)

Lately I have been watching an hour or so of MSM news broadcasts on TV 3 or 4 evenings a week because I like to know what is being 'broadcast'. I have found that in the past couple years I react to the information coming through the TV by talking back to it. It has been something that has developed, I think, because there are SO many twists, turns, subtle biases and other manipulative devices being employed- the way the story is framed, what is said , what is left unsaid, etc etc that my only hope of keeping myself from unconsciously absorbing and potentially adopting these points of view is to literally call them out as I see them...identifying and making myself aware of the untruths as best as I am able.
This in turn has made me aware of what an absolute mind-control device TV is in general, and particularly with the 'news-of the day' narrative which is being beamed into most people's homes. This is a fundamental, IMHO, which is mind-controlling before we even get into more subtle, technological possibilities, the likes of which are the topic of this thread.
It was a perhaps misguided attempt to step back and see the thread from a wider view, and I apologize if I assumed too much. I have very much respect for the info and attitude you bring to the forum.

Hi thevenusian;

I don't see any need for an apology anywhere. All there is is lessons, and I am not entitled to anything but lessons. I don't see where anything was misguided, either. If that was about my question, I simply ask for clarification when I am not sure of something, nothing more. And I'm willing to explain myself with equal zeal.

For what it's worth, I had to smile when I read this:

thevenusian said:
I have found that in the past couple years I react to the information coming through the TV by talking back to it.
...my only hope of keeping myself from unconsciously absorbing and potentially adopting these points of view is to literally call them out as I see them...identifying and making myself aware of the untruths as best as I am able.

I have done that sooo many times. :)

I have found that in the past couple years I react to the information coming through the TV by talking back to it. It has been something that has developed, I think, because there are SO many twists, turns, subtle biases and other manipulative devices being employed- the way the story is framed, what is said , what is left unsaid, etc etc that my only hope of keeping myself from unconsciously absorbing and potentially adopting these points of view is to literally call them out as I see them...identifying and making myself aware of the untruths as best as I am able.

Ha!--I do the same thing. I feel Mad as a Hatter challenging the talking heads and counter-arguing their false logic, misinformation and pathocratic rhetoric. On USA Direct TV There is a news mix channel where I turn to about five nights a week to see what is being put out there--The Weather Channel being the only one of any real value! I too think and feel that engaging actively and changing channels frequently keeps me from falling into too much of a mesmerized alpha state and absorbing info in a completely unaware state. I think this vocal challenging keeps my critical thinking skills exercised. Hopefully being somewhat actively aware of the situation and switching channels a lot will also help cut down on the subliminal EM field interference I absorb.
shellycheval

Egad!

I finally got around to looking into the issue of the new Plasma Screen televisions and how they might affect cognition, and guess what I discovered? Problems.

Essentially, every single pixel in a plasma screen television is it's own little fluorescent light bulb. Each of those 'bulbs' flickers at around 100 Hz. As per the information discussed earlier in this thread, 100 Hz is well within the range which can be considered a "Strobe Light" capable of inducing a hypnotic Alpha state in the brain.

[quote author=http://www.tribaluk.com/plasma-tvs]
The Frequency / refresh rate is the number of times a TV picture is updated each second. Most traditional TVs have a rate of 50Hz which some people may notice flickering. The latest Plasma TVs operate at 100Hz, giving a clearer picture. In addition all pixels emit light simultaneously, further reducing flicker.[/quote]

This means that the new Plasma Screen television sets which people are buying to replace their old CRT sets will have the same effect wrt to mind control. --That is, when the brain is lulled into this state, any audio signals one hears will be able to seat themselves deeply in the subconscious.

By Robert Kubey and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi published an article through Scientific American in 2002, and they note the following about CRT televisions which I will assume holds similar for Plasma Screen TV's. . .

[quote author=http://www.shenet.org/high/hsacaddept/English/ddayton/Documents/Media/Television%20Addiction%20is%20no%20Mere%20Metaphor.pdf]
To study people's reactions to TV, researchers have undertaken laboratory experiments in which they have monitored the brain waves (using an electroencephalograph, or EEG), skin resistance or heart rate of people watching television. To track behavior and emotion in the normal course of life, as opposed to the artificial conditions of the lab, we have used the Experience Sampling Method (ESM). Participants carried a beeper, and we signaled them six to eight times a day, at random, over the period of a week; whenever they heard the beep, they wrote down what they were doing and how they were feeling using a standardized scorecard.

As one might expect, people who were watching TV when we beeped them reported feeling relaxed and passive. The EEG studies similarly show less mental stimulation, as measured by alpha brain-wave production, during viewing than during reading.

What is more surprising is that the sense of relaxation ends when the set is turned off, but the feelings of passivity and lowered alertness continue. Survey participants commonly reflect that television has somehow absorbed or sucked out their energy, leaving them depleted. They say they have more difficulty concentrating after viewing than before. In contrast, they rarely indicate such difficulty after reading. After playing sports or engaging in hobbies, people report improvements in mood. After watching TV, people's moods are about the same or worse than before.[/quote]

The notes about reading paper-based text as compared to watching television recalled in me something I'd read once. I was able to find it again. . .

[quote author=http://www.familyresource.com/lifestyles/mental-environment/television-opiate-of-the-masses]
Levels of brain activity are measured by an electroencenograph (EEG) machine. While watching television, the brain appears to slow to a halt, registering low alpha wave readings on the EEG. This is caused by the radiant light produced by cathode ray technology within the television set. Even if you're reading text on a television screen the brain registers low levels of activity. Once again, regardless of the content being presented, television essentially turns off your nervous system. [/quote]

--As regards SSSS "Sound of Silence" technology to implant thoughts through subliminal sub-audio signals, I dug up this excerpt from the C's. . .

[quote author=C transcripts 941116]
Q: (L) What kind of technical means do they use to project mental
manipulation by way of TV or movies?
A: Simple bombardment visual and verbal.
Q: (L) Do they use subliminal implantation of ideas?
A: Not needed most often.
Q: (L) The music that kids listen to, is there any effort to program
them in this media?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Do they use subliminals?
Q: (L) Do they use electronic signals?
Q: (L) Do they use electronic signals on television programming?
A: Have but not that often.
Q: (L) Is there any signals being sent over the test of the emergency
broadcast signal?
A: No.
[/quote]

--Which suggests as I had more or less surmised by this point, subliminal audio and "Sound of Silence" are not perhaps as significant as the original posts made them out to be while the old system of "opening and then bombarding" people remains in force. I find it interesting LCD flat screens, with their much higher frequency CCFL light sources which effectively for the optic nerve do not strobe, were bypassed altogether by the whole "living room entertainment center" market.

EDIT*****************

I just got a brain flash. This is really interesting. Please disregard the last sentence above; I just worked out an essential element of LCD flat-screen monitors and how they might in fact strobe sometimes in a very specific way so that they strobe when playing videos but not while reading text. Let me research this a bit. I'll check in when I've thought through it fully. . .

Howdy Woodsman,
I cannot thank you enough for your ability & time to research into the topic of "reading" below. Personally, I have not found any proof for myself, or even figured out an answer, but I have "always" thought that I retain and comprehend much better when reading a reading a hard copy book. When reading on a computer terminal, seems to me I have to consciously work harder to comprehend and retain what has been read. Again THANK YOU for offering the information you may find
:) :) :)

Woodsman said:
EDIT*****************

I just got a brain flash. This is really interesting. Please disregard the last sentence above; I just worked out an essential element of LCD flat-screen monitors and how they might in fact strobe sometimes in a very specific way so that they strobe when playing videos but not while reading text. Let me research this a bit. I'll check in when I've thought through it fully. . .

Awesome job with the research! Not to mention tieing back in with the thread subject.

Quote from Woodsman
The Frequency / refresh rate is the number of times a TV picture is updated each second. Most traditional TVs have a rate of 50Hz which some people may notice flickering. The latest Plasma TVs operate at 100Hz, giving a clearer picture. In addition all pixels emit light simultaneously, further reducing flicker.

I work in this arena and the data is actually incorrect. It is much worse than stated in your quote. Plasma TV's operate at a Frequency/refresh rate of 480Hz, and have done so for over four years. Now, the LCD TV's are joining the game, with sets offering refresh rates of 120Hz, and the latest, greatest ones now can refresh at 240Hz! I receive data from vendors that I can't quote here, but I am looking for data that I can post and verify to all.

All of your remaining research is quite correct, and we should all be aware of what is happening. I used to leave my TV on all the time. Now I only turn it on when I have a need to do so. In fact, I mainly turn my set on to watch a movie, via Blu-ray or some other form of DVD, and only scan the 'news' to see what is being presented to the masses. I do this when I am being lazy, as I can find this out by reading the Sott.

I want to thank you for your awesome job in researching this subject! This is a great thread for all of us and you have done a major service to all with your work.

Thanks,

gwb

I have a basic question...

Why watch TV?

I very rarely turn it on - haven't watched in about a year. I guess my old analog set probably won't work now anyhow.

So who needs it? I go out to the movies sometimes, and read books, and of course use my laptop to get on this forum and read blogs etc., but what value is there in TV? On the few occasions when I have been staying in a hotel and I have turned on the TV just to see what kind of stuff is available I see nothing worth watching anyway.

pstott said:
I have a basic question...

Why watch TV?

Excellent question methinks. Does a person "need" entertainment? Nothing to learn with pure entertainment, perhaps? Maybe entertainment can trigger an emotion for a living/feeling experience? My gawd, what does it say about a person who basically watches only "The Price is Right" and "The Wheel of Fortune"?

:umm: :umm: :umm:

I find a great deal of value in TV. For my household, the key has been selective viewing. We have a receiver that includes a PVR (Personal Video Recorder, known in the U.S., I believe, as "TIVO"). And we receive only those channels/networks that interest us. This allows us to pre-record only what we wish to watch, and then view it without commercials. I have learned a great deal from the programs I regularly watch on history, nature, criminal forensics, health, gardening, home renovation, cooking, etc. We also enjoy very high-quality films and television dramas. And we choose not to watch the kind of programming that is heavy on brainwashing, like news and political commentary.

Barack Obama recently made a visit to Canada, and it was all over the news here. Throughout the day, every time I passed through the livingroom, my housemate and cousin, Leslie, was -- quite uncharacteristically -- watching the news coverage of it all. I finally said, in irritation: "Why are you watching that?" She said: "I need to find out for myself what this Obama thing is all about". "Fair enough", I said. Later that evening she said everything she watched just confirmed everything we had discussed about him in the past, but that she needed to draw her own conclusions, first-hand. And that was that.

Seems to me that we have to walk a very delicate line between being IN the world -- and therefore needing to know first-hand what is happening there, no matter how unpleasant -- but not being OF the world -- and therefore needing to limit the extent to which we allow ourselves to be unnecessarily exposed to negative influences. For me, the confidence I have in the KNOWLEDGE I have gained, and my ability to effectively APPLY that knowledge, allows me to walk that line without fear and/or excessive self-censorship....

FWIW

Al Today said:
Does a person "need" entertainment?

Well, gee, while we're at it, does a person "need" music, novels, art, beauty, etc?

I know I sure "need" entertainment on a regular basis, whether it comes from viewing an excellent movie or TV program, or watching my cats wrestle with each other, or having a glass of wine with my funny neighbour....

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater, eh? As Gurdjieff reminds us, we are not to live as hermits, and even the C's love "fun", "laughter", and "mirth".....

:)

Well, I am with PepperFritz on this one.

First, I read SOTT and SOTT Forums daily.

Second: My wife and I enjoy watching selective programs, primarily that
of PBS: Nova (some good, some bad), Jim Lehrer of "The News Hour",
Masterpiece (Jane Austen series, Charles Dickens series, etc.), "Great
Performances" (Opera, Orchestra,...) Nature, "Travel Shows" showing
different global places and culture, ArtBeat (the local art/music scene),
painting, gardening, "This Old House", and other quality programming
and then the local news at times, mostly for crime area watch and the
local weather (snow, ice, storms, etc).

We also watch DVDs obtained from the local libraries (for free) such as those
talked about in the "Movies" forum threads like "The Day the Earth Stood Still",
Stargate, "Starman", K-PAX, Wizard of OZ, Independence Day, July 4th... and
then sometimes and "oldies" like Casablanca, Charlie Chaplin (funny and interesting),
Keystone Kops (humor in a fascist world today), and so on.

Entertainment/Relaxing value? Yes. Educational? Yes, especially with discussions
followed up during and after the viewing.

We very rarely watch anything else and definitely ignore game/reality/sitcoms
and other mind-dumbing nonsense, but others may have a different take as
"entertainment" or "educational" value.

FWIW,
Dan

Back
Top Bottom