Divine Cosmic Mind

CeLegacy

Padawan Learner
It is oneness, it is everything, right?

Like we don't believe in a monotheistic god, but rather that everything is everything in a sort. Idk it'd help if any of you had words to say on this :)

CeLegacy said:

Like we don't believe in a monotheistic god, but rather that everything is everything in a sort. Idk it'd help if any of you had words to say on this :)

I see it as the Universe, the cosmos.. in the prayer of the soul you can picture it as you prefer, even if it is as a monotheistic god.
Although the idea of a monotheistic god as the religions show to us is something impose to us (humanity) for control matters.

For any doubt, I recommend you to read The Wave series by Laura Knight-J, you can buy it on Amazon if you like to read paper print or read it for free on the cassiopaea.org web page.

You can read the most recent version of the FOTCM Statement of Principles which will be revised and expanded at some point.

http://paleochristianity.org/statement-of-principles/

The idea of the 'Divine Cosmic Mind' relates to, and is probably most easily understood in relation to, the densities: http://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=Density

That page includes a short description, as well as a diagram of the densities from The Wave which shows how they might be related, including how our world, and duality, might fit into unity. (The chapter of The Wave which is linked to also contains a more extensive description.)

Regarding the idea of a monotheistic god, I have been trying to think of this in terms of logic. This is a bit informal, but perhaps it may be interesting.

I think it is a valid assumption that structure inherently implies limitations, or in other words, laws.

So then, we can begin with the usual idea of a monotheistic god, where that god has not only a 'mind' in fairly human terms, but even a personality. This is obviously a structure, which means that it is defined by limitations/laws which go beyond it; which would mean that 'god' is not 'god'.

Going to the heart of the matter, if there is a separate creator and creation, then this duality is a kind of structure. As such, it is defined by laws which are greater than this structure, which again means that 'god' is not 'god'.

I think that ultimately, if you reason in this way, then the conclusion that 'all is one' is inevitable.

I like this little bit from the Cs, March 11, 1995:

Q: (L) OK, what other illusions?

A: Monotheism, the belief in one separate, all powerful entity.

Q: [...] (T) Is separate the key word in regard to monotheism?

A: Yes.

So God is not 'separate' from creation. It brings to mind the Stoic concept of God as the mind of the cosmos, and the cosmos as the body of God. They are 2 poles of one unity. And the cosmic mind is not all-powerful, just like our minds are not all-powerful. For example, we don't have complete control over our bodies. Each bit of creation has some inherent power, some free will.

Approaching Infinity said:

So God is not 'separate' from creation. It brings to mind the Stoic concept of God as the mind of the cosmos, and the cosmos as the body of God. They are 2 poles of one unity. And the cosmic mind is not all-powerful, just like our minds are not all-powerful. For example, we don't have complete control over our bodies. Each bit of creation has some inherent power, some free will.

I think your general idea goes in the right direction, but is incomplete. The 'mind of the cosmos' is not a mind in human terms, but rather something completely beyond our imagination. And then, I do think that it has control over everything; but this control is expressed in terms of the laws of nature (in the broadest sense), i.e. the information structure of reality; and so, everything in existence at every level, and the free will of each 'being', actually amounts to this control.

EDIT: You could perhaps think of the free will of the All as expressing itself through a recursive definition, which branches out to include everything in existence.

Psalehesost said:

I think your general idea goes in the right direction, but is incomplete. The 'mind of the cosmos' is not a mind in human terms, but rather something completely beyond our imagination. And then, I do think that it has control over everything; but this control is expressed in terms of the laws of nature (in the broadest sense), i.e. the information structure of reality; and so, everything in existence at every level, and the free will of each 'being', actually amounts to this control.

EDIT: You could perhaps think of the free will of the All as expressing itself through a recursive definition, which branches out to include everything in existence.

I like this discussion, aswell as the stoic idea with God being the mind of cosmos and that line of thought. How would you guys approach the idea of God not being all-powerful vs God having control over everything?

We see miraculous things happen in our lives, and I feel like the cosmos adds its pure positivity to connections and people and thoughts that creates positivity

Have you read "The Wave" where these sorts of things are discussed at length? Also, the Secret History of the World books 1, 2, and 3?

Laura said:
Have you read "The Wave" where these sorts of things are discussed at length? Also, the Secret History of the World books 1, 2, and 3?
I haven't. I'm about a week into this forum and I intend to read all of them :) I'll do that then come back :D

Laura said:
Is there an order I should read them? Like is there some information in The Wave that would help me understand the Secret History better?

CeLegacy said:
Laura said:
Is there an order I should read them? Like is there some information in The Wave that would help me understand the Secret History better?
The same ideas are discussed in both. Secret History has them in a single, systematic package, whereas The Wave goes in chronological order and describes how Laura discovered and developed them. You could start with either one, but I'd say start with Secret History because it's shorter and it's all there, but some people might want to start with the narrative.

Mr. Premise said:
CeLegacy said:
Laura said:
The same ideas are discussed in both. Secret History has them in a single, systematic package, whereas The Wave goes in chronological order and describes how Laura discovered and developed them. You could start with either one, but I'd say start with Secret History because it's shorter and it's all there, but some people might want to start with the narrative.

Okay :)

Psalehesost said:
Going to the heart of the matter, if there is a separate creator and creation, then this duality is a kind of structure. As such, it is defined by laws which are greater than this structure, which again means that 'god' is not 'god'.

So what you're saying is that structure needs laws to define it, otherwise it can't come into place? If that's true and following that tract some more, there's a few other things that could be deduced.

One might be that these laws would need to be set before any structure can be created based on them. So laws would need to precede structure.

If that's true, any permanence to structures bound by those laws would depend on how consistent those laws were. For example if the laws contradicted themselves, the structure wouldn't hold for long I'd imagine. So laws would have to be highly consistent.

To get that kind of consistency, I'd imagine these laws would need to take into account a lot of potential complexity, even before any structure could be observable. If that's right too, it supposes some kind of profound foresight, especially considering these laws would need to be consistent enough to underpin a universe/s as complex and long lasting as we have.

If all that's true, it seems to suppose an equally profound kind of intelligence to have such a capacity of foresight and conceive of laws of that complexity, well as far as I can deduce it must.

But this also supposes that such an intelligence isn't necessarily bound to those laws either. What I mean is before those laws were conceived, they didn't exist beforehand, so this intelligence wouldn't be bound by them in the first place. This means that this intelligence could exist outside the laws that defines all other structures within this universe/s we're living in.

CeLegacy said:

I would say 'right,' but not "one" as in the number one (1), but more like "one" as in a unity of intrinsically non-contradictory being. A mind-being combination that knows no contradiction between thought and movement (action).

To me, an interesting thing about the idea of DCM in the above context is that you don't even have to "believe" in any kind of what seems to be a man-made concept of "God", or concept like "God." All you need is to believe that there must be a higher quality, better life possible than this pathological muck we seem to be stuck in and call 'life' these days. Praying to that is like giving expression to a deep, fundamental need for a spiritual life that represents "good" in all possible contexts and in all possible ways. No possible harm in that and it might just help mobilize good to come your way.

Even Laura's description of the fundamental distinction between "being" and "the thought of non-being" is not a contradiction because two different levels of existence - one is being, one is an idea without supporting substance. At least the way I understand it.

Just my thoughts. Happy reading. :)

"All is Mind, the Universe is Mental" - The Kyballion

I remember during the darkest time of my life I questioned the existence of God. I was reduced to nothing, and was forced to find Him for answers and help. At the time the only avenue I knew of was the bible and memories of Christian teachings that I long abandoned. The idea of "church" made no sense to me but I couldn't shake the idea that there must be a 'something greater than this'. This drove me nuts because I felt that the reason I couldn't find Him was because I didn't know the true nature of what IT was.

When my situation became darker I began to feel the beginning of an anger towards everything; the system, people, and even God Himself. I was being sucked into a hole where I thought everything was bull*hit, and was beginning to crystallize in that idea. Then I encountered a paradox.

The word "Infinity".

This word as a concept has no equal in any language. It stands alone in its concept and meaning as a true key to escape a spiritual quandary, if one analyzes carefully their spiritual descent. It is the representation of a profound idea so powerful and liberating, that it is under assault in modern times with obfuscating ideas such as "to infinity and beyond" being promulgated in pop culture.

I became obsessed on this word, and started to meditate on it. Gradually my ideas began to change.

"Infinity" as a concept exist, because it exist. It's an idea that is so hard wired into the psyche of Human Beings, that I know if the PTB could eliminate it they would've done so a long time ago. A few of my profound revelations are thus:

"Infinity" is beyond personality, emotions, desires, or any conceptualization.
"Infinity" is beyond space, time, and matter.
"Infinity" is beyond all things and ideas.
"Infinity" cannot be reduced to dogma.
"Infinity" is beyond all limitation.
"Infinity" cannot be named.
"Infinity" is ALL there is.
"Infinity" is Mind
"Infinity" is ONE.

It was further revealed that if I can love, listen, understand, empathize and help another, then "Infinity" can also, but INFINITELY.
The new idea changed me and stopped my rapid descent into darkness on a dime. But like all paradigm shifts it was a beginning that provides new opportunities for learning and new struggles, which we all are going through.

If you put ANY limitation on "Infinity" you create an obstacle between you and "Infinity". You effectively create a 'god'.

ALL is indeed MIND. The Universe is Mental, held in its ALL in the MIND of ONE.

Back
Top Bottom