Do tattoos hold any special significance?

in my research on tattooing in early history I looked at the picts or painted people of what is now Scotland
I found a interesting conspiracy
the whole ''woad'' as ink is propaganda
yes there was a industry of fabric dyers using woad(for blue) and madder(for red) but
IT DOES NOT WORK ON SKIN
but the British had industry competing with continental woad growers
so ''our ancestors used woad '' was born
only two sources ,Ceasar and Pliny ,both writing in Latin , mentioning people looking like painted the shade of ''glass'' ,for Romans a blueish greenish color ,no mention of woad at all

but guess where the center of woad growing happened?

In Viking Age levels at archaeological digs at York, a dye shop with remains of both woad and madder have been excavated and dated to the 10th century. In medieval times, centres of woad cultivation lay in Lincolnshire and Somerset in England, Jülich and the Erfurt area in Thuringia in Germany, Piedmont and Tuscany in Italy, and Gascogne, Normandy, the Somme Basin (from Amiens to Saint-Quentin), Brittany and, above all, Languedoc in France. This last region, in the triangle created by Toulouse, Albi, and Carcassonne, was for a long time the most productive of woad, or "pastel" as it was known there, one writer commenting that "woad […] hath made that country the happiest and richest in Europe."[
The prosperous woad merchants of Toulouse displayed their affluence in splendid mansions, many of which still stand, as the Hôtel de Bernuy and the Hôtel d'Assézat. One merchant, Jean de Bernuy, a Spanish Jew who had fled the inquisition, was credit-worthy enough to be the main guarantor of the ransomed King Francis I after his capture at the Battle of Pavia by Charles V of Spain.[22] Much of the woad produced here was used for the cloth industry in southern France,[24] but it was also exported via Bayonne, Narbonne and Bordeaux to Flanders, the Low Countries, Italy, and above all Britain and Spain.

is the chateau from the woad heyday?

Interesting. So many people are against tattoos here, like its something "evil". Me, myself have a few tattoos (posted a pic here few years ago!), so i thought id share my +/- 0 thoughts on the subject. Some here compare tattoos to rituals, hence restricting. I dont quite follow that... Its just another accessory to wear, although a permanent one. I dont think its more restricting than the ancient ritual of putting on clothes in the morning. Or dyeing hair. Or saying good morning to family when waking up. Etc.
I see many here are not too fond of tattoos, and see them as labels for the animals. Well yeah... Kinda... I guess its a form of individualism. I have this unique tattoo, that none else has - - - > i can be identified as a different person from anyone else.
I dont think its that big of a deal. Like, i have a tattoo with number 666, but i am "deeply" religious and do believe in God. My (experience of) God wont send me to "hell" for something like this. Its our inside joke.
Symbols hold power, and im sure it has some kind of effect to manifest a permanent symbol on your skin, but... Hmm. I wont have a spot in a jewish burial ground when i die, but im not jew anyways, so...
Tattoos are widely popular nowadays, and i dont know the reason behind this phenomena. It could be something with malicious intent, since all the hollywood celebrities have tattoos and are marketing them.
Having a tattoo done hurts A LOT so, you have to be a little on the self-destructive side to want one. Like piercings. Maybe its like a statement, that "i have been through a lot, so look at my many tattoos which also caused me pain, but i went through it, and im here, still alive."
Tattoos are a form of art, that many respect, but like most art it has a specific audience, and others have mixed or hateful feelings against tattoos. I do not regret my tattoos, because they remind me of things i was thinking at the time i had them done. And they attract people similar to myself.
Carry on with the conversation, i didnt provide much, but still something

I've had a very simple reason for never getting or contemplating getting a tattoo, I've been somewhat phobic of needles since a child and could never justify paying someone hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to poke me with one, repeatedly, for hours on end!
[/CITATION]

Idem pour moi, je ne supporte pas les piqûres mais les prise de sang que je fais exceptionnellement et qui me font des placards de bleus...

Same for me, I can't stand the stings but the blood tests that I do exceptionally and that make me a closet of bruises ...

I've been somewhat phobic of needles since a child and could never justify paying someone hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to poke me with one, repeatedly, for hours on end!
the fact that I sometimes like to change the art in my environment. I didn't think I'd be permanently satisfied by a tattoo and my tastes have changed as I've aged also. If I was going to be stuck with a tattoo forever, I couldn't decide what it would be so ultimately I never got one.

Exactly to both quotes! :-)

I liked the idea of tattoo when I was younger, but for me first thing to even decide what I would put permanently on my skin was (and is) impossible.

Second, I would get bored after a while with the image, so the tattoo should be somewhere on my back where I don´t see it every day :-D
End even there, I´d probably be sick of it after a while. I tend to do some furniture reordering and change my environment once in a while, at least change the colors of my surroundings so permanent tattoo would be no go.

Third - I despise needles!
As a child, in my county there were mandatory vaccinations when doctors simply came to school and vaccinated every single kid there. Plus, we had mandatory physical exams every year; one by one class went to ambulance and every child was checked: eyes, ears, dentist, breathing,..., complete physical examination. At the end we´d also get a shot. I remember I couldn´t avoid the shot at the ambulance but I did avoid shots in school - I simply refused to be vaccinated so they said I have to come with my parents to the ambulance for the shot - and I never went :-D
So the idea to be poked for hours - that was like 😱

And fourth, my father would probably freak out if he saw a tattoo; he thought of tattoo´s like branding of the livestock and found them hideous.
I cans see his point now to some extend.....

I tend to do some furniture reordering and change my environment once in a while, at least change the colors of my surroundings so permanent tattoo would be no go.

Third - I despise needles!

I don't like needles either and would always hate when I had to get a shot as a kid. So never really wanted a tattoo. Like someone else said, I did consider unrealistically the idea of the FOTCM logo, however.

If you're one to not rearrange objects much, I wonder if that acts as an external tattoo, in a Feng Shui sort of way?

If you're one to not rearrange objects much, I wonder if that acts as an external tattoo, in a Feng Shui sort of way?
Not sure what you mean by that...

In furniture, I don’t mean beds and closets and that kind of stuff... Maybe I expressed myself wrongly...

I don’t move beds because I think that sleeping in wrong position is not a good thing.
Also I gave my apartment checked for Hartmann nodes and water vains and rearranged beds accordingly.
I also have large anvironment crystals in place so beds fit in a crystal protection bubble.

I have plants in my apartment so I take them out in spring and then put some little desk or something there... Then in the autumn I return my plants and find them a nice place 😊

Also I like this desk decorations and tablecloths and once in a while I turn or move a little coffee desks around, also shelves that don’t have some important purpose so I put a plant there(or remove some plants if I see that place is not good for it) and things like that....
it’s a small things but they change the environment especially when you put a nice tablecloth there and then match the pillows on the couch and that kind of stuff... 😊

little things, but give some warmth to the space....

so, don’t know... what exactly do you mean by external tattoo?

...only two sources ,Ceasar and Pliny ,both writing in Latin , mentioning people looking like painted the shade of ''glass'' ,for Romans a blueish greenish color ,no mention of woad at all.

Yeah the Woad thing's a funny one isn't it?

The Insular Celts did use woad, that much is true, but they used it as an antiseptic, mostly. While it is a relative of indigo, it doesn’t produce anything close to the dyes you get from that one; the colour is similar, but not remotely as strong, and even with the best mordants it washes easily out of cloth. It was a medicinal plant, basically. There’s a theory that they would bathe in the stuff before battle as part of a ritual, but that was probably because it you’ve basted yourself in Savlon before running at swords and other pointy things, you’re much less likely to die of secondary infection...

Though Caesar's 'glass' reference a possible explicit hint to the pigment?

What he wrote was "Omnes vero se Britanni vitro inficiunt, quod caeruleum efficit colorem." Which translates to "All the British color themselves with glass, which produces a blue color." "Vitro" translates to a type of blue-green glass that was popular among the Romans, it does not translate to woad.

1599891681575.png

Interestingly likely pointing to Iron (II) oxide;

Which I find intriguing relative to tattoos and the 'Picts';

Q: So, it is the iron that the Celts need? Well, that brings me to the next question: In all the Celtic folklore when they talk about 'fairies,' which are obviously other density beings very similar to our modern 'Gray alien,' these fairy/slash aliens insist that no iron come near them in any way. It was also said that bringing iron into contact with someone thought to be a 'changeling' would prove whether or not they were because if they were, they would disappear instantly. Also, the instructions for the building of the Temple of Solomon included restrictions on the use of iron in either the preparation of the materials or the putting together of the building itself, even down to the rejection of the use of iron nails in any part. What is the significance of this restriction on the use of iron by these other density beings, whoever they are?

A: Bloodline trails.

Q: Are you saying that... I don't understand... not even well enough to frame another question...

A: You will, my dear, oh will you!

Q: If it was necessary for the Aryans to have iron... okay, maybe the iron is something that interacts...

A: What about iron as an element?

Q: Okay, let's see: {consults dictionary} Iron –derived from early Celt 'iserno,' via Illyrian 'eisarno' from the IndoEuropean base 'eis,' which means to 'move vigorously; strong, holy.' It is a white, malleable, ductile, metallic chemical element that can be readily magnetized, rusts rapidly in moist or salty air, and is vital to plant and animal life; it is the most common and important of all metals, and its alloys, as steel, are extensively used. Symbol: Fe; atomic weight:55.847; atomic number: 26; specific gravity: 7.86; melting point: 1535 degrees Centigrade; boiling point 3,000 degrees C. The electron shells are thus: 2,14,8,2. Iron is an element of blood, hemoglobin, and is easily magnetized... there is some new work about iron and magnetite in the brains of people who are psychic or have 'abduction' experiences... is it the magnetism?

A: Yes....

Q: Is it something that holds one more firmly in 3rd density, and the elimination of it enables one to switch densities... or...

A: Tis magnetite that acts as a conduit, and perhaps, just perhaps, allows for transference back and forth at will?!? And what about the legend about the alchemists? Is not the key term there really transformation?!? And has not the "smoke screen" really been delivered so effectively by all the concentration upon the substance?!? And does not this remind one indeed of all the misguided concentration upon substance rather than meaning that one finds so regularly on 3rd density??

Q: I get it! So, it is the magnetite in the body, that collects and holds the charge, and it has absolutely nothing to do with an external substance at all! Is that it?

A: You are getting "warmer."

Q: Am I right, we need more iron for magnetite, or am I completely off base here?

A: You are right, but, do not underestimate the significance of that just delivered! What better deception than to divert the meaning of alchemy, by focusing upon substance, then addicting those souls bound to 3rd density to the substance?

Q: Okay, it is the magnetite that acts as a conduit.

With compounds of Iron providing all the colours of the rainbow pigment wise - not least of all black;

1599897793205.png

Wüstite (FeO) is a mineral form of iron(II) oxide found with meteorites and native iron.

The formula for magnetite is more accurately written as FeO·Fe2O3 than as Fe3O4.

Magnetite is one part FeO and one part Fe2O3.

And in a peculiar coincidence;

(L) Anybody got anything else that's really pressing? (Bubbles) Do we want to ask any questions about iron? (Ailen) Hemochromatosis? (L) Well, I thought we were gonna wait for the tests and stuff, but I guess we should ask. Bubble's iron is pretty high, and there's the possibility she could be afflicted with hemochromatosis, which is what my grandfather had. (Bubbles) You wanted to ask what the significance is of having high iron?

A: Survival under specific circumstances.

Q: (Perceval) So it could be a hereditary thing that was provoked in the past when there was plague.

A: It can also arise spontaneously.

Q: (L) So it's not always genetic? (Ailen) What about these specific circumstances? (Bubbles) Is it like a defense mechanism?

A: Yes.

Q: (Bubbles) A defense against what?

A: Breaching the barriers. Your psyche feels in need of greater defense.

Q: (L) Okay, anything else? (Ailen) Do we want to ask about those cops that came, or not? (L) What's there to ask? It's so petty. (Perceval) It's so transparent as well. You called B____ out when she got the letter, so she was like, "I'm gonna call her out to the gate!" [laughter] (Belibaste) What was the name of our ghost? Was it Michael?

A: It is mostly a replay. So no need of a name.

Q: (Andromeda) So it's not really like a ghost or spirit. It's a replay like a recording. (L) Funny that it happened along that drive, where the water flows. (Perceval) Lethbridge.

A: Yes.

T.C. Lethbridge also referencing the poet Claudius Claudianus in his "The Painted Men";

"Venit et extremis legio praetenta Britannis, Quae Scotto dat frena truci ferronque notatas Perlegit examines Picto moriente figures"

"[This legion], which curbs the savage Scot and studies designs marked in iron on the face of the dying Pict."

Which conceivably could also refer to pigment?

And though not magnetic, that copper compounds are also used in blue / green inks is intriguing too imo?

Particularly as, theoretically, it could relate to the purported historical use of tattooing as a therapeutic application?

A bit like the ultimate Q-Link ? ;-)

so, don’t know... what exactly do you mean by external tattoo?

I was just wondering to what extent not moving objects, both big and small, acts similar to a tattoo in keeping a frequency or emotion.

Scaled larger, imagine a rock formation unmoved for centuries or millennia. Is that a tattoo for that section of land? I think T.C. Lethbridge would say yes, especially if some conscious being put some emotion into the objects. I recall him dowsing ancient weapons of war as still having a signature of anger.

Back
Top Bottom