Does anticipating something reduce its probability?

Chateau Team's treadmill exercise and getting the House, I think, is perfect example of what extents are possible in our reality: getting a good house.

Other than the above excellent documented demonstration, I think peeps who are interested in this, already know the answer to regards trying other class of achievements: even if it would be possible, it is not allowed. The C's told this too, IIRC.

I think even if not "spelled out to the letter" by some members here, a couple of us are already found [realized, practiced, zeroed on target] and banging / pushing on certain doors of our reality, where entry is simply denied. Not because its impossible to go there, rather because the owners of our world __won't allow said doors be opened__. It would just lead to too much freedom of people and THAT they simply won't have.

Results that are apparently unwanted by 4thD STS:
Like peace could break out on this planet and a feverish search could begin for most past medical inventions [machines] resulting in dismissing Big Pharma and healing people with very high success rates. Achieving a healthy, informed, highly aware public embracing kind and amazing inventions breaking the psychopaths yoke inventions that have been carefully buried by the ruling psychopathic establishment.

Regards this forum thread's topic, even if you properly use the info the C's gave you and with practice find "the edge of our reality" - see for example Emory Cranston's limited group time travel experiment and how quickly authorities intervened and the group was dissolved, or how quickly Wilhelm Reich's orgone experiments were neutralized or how medical machine inventors were [soft]killed (ruined) or certain microbiologists were killed - and continue to practice and manage to become non-anticipatory - even just for moments, which should be more than enough - like you quoted below: *..[continued after quote]

Q: (L) Is there any qualification that needs to be established for us to get the lottery numbers? Is there some thing we have to do, or be, or think, or say?
A: Completely pure intent, i.e. open.
Q: (L) Completely open?
A: Nonanticipatory.

Q: (L) Our anticipation constricts the channel when we ask for that kind of information?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) We have to be completely uncaring whether we get it or not, so to speak?
A: Happy-go-lucky attitude helps. As you were before.
Q: (L) So, as long as we are worried, tense, anticipatory, and attached to the idea, we constrict the flow?
Q: (L) Now, you said in an earlier session that you were making financial arrangements for us. Well, I am not putting any weight or pressure on that, but, does that have anything to do with M__ T__ and referrals for hypnosis?
A: Maybe. Don't be anticipatory. Faith, dear.
Q: (L) Thank you and good night.
A: Good night.

.. even in this case if you succeed, I think the favorable outcome is still changed by 4thD STS, - in real-time / on the spot. They simply go back in time and intervene [think about prison guards intervening when inmates get too finicky] - they carefully reverse everything you just achieved [which would lead to a favorable outcome] and they force kick you back - by editing linear time - so you fall back where you started and then they give you the "NO!" result, so reshuffling this reality __making you not succeed__ even when just moments before you made it with a successful non-anticipatory exercise.

It is bad for them even if you try 1000 times, fail 998 times and succeed 2 times, i think, so you - your story - gets edited that last 2 successful times to turn it into a failure. This I mean only in / for said 'Special Applied Research' circumstances, not for everyday life.

Session December 4, 1999
[..]

Q: Now, related in a general sort of way, there is Ong's Hat, Emory Cranston, and the Incunabula Papers. Supposedly they are like a "democratic time travel" group. There are claims that they were raided some years back, several of them were killed, and there is quite a story behind this group. Is Ong's Hat what it claims to be?
A: No.
Q: Is Ong's Hat a cover for some sort of covert government operation?
A: No.
Q: IS Ong's Hat a group of people who are actually experimenting with time travel?
A: Close.
Q: Are they experimenting with physical time travel, or time travel via consciousness?
A: both, but with limited success.
Q: Were they actually raided by the "powers that be," and were some of them killed as is claimed in the story?
Q: Who is Emory Cranston? I have heard it is a pseudonym...
A: Pseudo scientist.
Q: Do you mean he really knows what he is doing, or he just has a good clue as to what he is doing?
A: Latter.
Q: Is there any benefit to us to pursue this "Ong's Hat" clue?
A: Not really.

[quote author= lilies]even in this case if you succeed, I think the favorable outcome is still changed by 4thD STS, - in real-time / on the spot. They simply go back in time and intervene [think about prison guards intervening when inmates get too finicky] - they carefully reverse everything you just achieved [which would lead to a favorable outcome] and they force kick you back - by editing linear time - so you fall back where you started and then they give you the "NO!" result, so reshuffling this reality __making you not succeed__ even when just moments before you made it with a successful non-anticipatory exercise. [/quote]

About Time travel, from what I am currently getting at is that when you learn lessons you are in progression toward union with the one, I.E. level 7

7D exceeds 4D, which leaves 4STS powerless to do anything about it.

So their set of timeline alternatives is limited and can only be altered when Entropy is present. In other words, if people are asleep in their interaction with creation, 4STS can and will alter the timeline to make sure it stays that way.

But when you start to learn lessons, no matter how small you are fulfilling the intentions of creation. Learning lessons is progression towards 7D.

Faith when practiced accordingly is about understanding and being in peace with the intentions of creation. (Creation is a school) So when you take everything as lessons and learn, applied with Pure Intent. You dance with the Universe and everything should fall into place.

4STS should not be able to temper with that. But how good do we know ourselves that we can actually put that 100% into practice? Not well enough I reckon, and gaps in our awareness leaves us vulnerable.

Going back at Timeline manipulations. If you remember according to the C’s the Timeline already shifted towards a more positive course of events. If we take this into consideration it should point out that 4STS is not all powerful when it comes to time travel.

They are limited, and the more conscious people there are. The less they can temper with the timeline.

We are all transducers of Energy, true Light-Workers fill and make the world breathable with Creative energy. The more there is, the more people can act upon it. The less 4STS has room to maneuver from.

- Or so I think, I am not sure about it all, maybe I am heading somewhat in the right direction.

bjorn said:
[..] Going back at Timeline manipulations. If you remember according to the C’s the Timeline already shifted towards a more positive course of events. If we take this into consideration it should point out that 4STS is not all powerful when it comes to time travel.

They are limited, and the more conscious people there are. The less they can temper with the timeline.

We are all transducers of Energy, true Light-Workers fill and make the world breathable with Creative energy. The more there is, the more people can act upon it. The less 4STS has room to maneuver from.

- Or so I think, I am not sure about it all, maybe I am heading somewhat in the right direction.

bjorn, your posts have been remarkable materials to read and contemplate on. Thank You!
Improve ourselves, like a working tool that must be sharpened, cleaned, well oiled, kept in good condition so it can perform quality work welcomed by all in the community.

luc said:
So, do you think anticipating a specific outcome reduces the probability that it will actually happen?

A practical example from my life that I think may be related to the topic.

When I was a child, my parents took me to dermatologist. He determined that surgery is necessary to treat a polyp. I was extremely scared. I remember that at that moment only thought in my mind was a desire to avoid it. However, I expected it as the only possible outcome. I was 100% sure it was going to happen. But it never happened. The polyp started to shrink really fast from the very next day and quickly disappeared without treatment. Until today it is a mystery for me. Maybe in this particular case anticipation of specific outcome reduced probability of occurrence? Maybe because one of the possible solutions was expected as the only possible, it did not happen. And solution seen as the least probable happened instead. FWIW

Thank you everyone for your very interesting and wise posts - it all seems a bit clearer to me now, and I think I kind of lumped a few important concepts together in my way of looking at this, and you helped separate them.

bjorn said:
I think there is nothing wrong with expecting certain outcomes and working towards that based on love and knowledge. But how good do we know ourselves to actually put that into practice? Self-serving anticipation perverts our expections into our own STS desires.

Yes, this seems to be the problem: our unconscious selfish desires tend to dictate what we 'anticipate', which leads to wishful thinking and blindness to what's really going on. If it wasn't for these desires, we would just think of future outcomes based on data and observations, right? No need to anticipate a specific outcome, and certainly no need to anticipate an outcome that would make us feel comfortable!

So, if anticipation is strongly connected to our emotions/attachment to specific outcomes that make us 'feel comfortable', then envisioning negative outcomes might be a good exercise - it counterbalances our tendency for wishful thinking and could help form new pathways in the brains. As the Stoics said (thanks obyvatel for that great quote):

Any thoughtful person will periodically contemplate the bad things that can happen to him. The obvious reason for doing this is to prevent those things from happening. Someone might, for example, spend time thinking about ways people could break into his home so he can prevent them from doing so. Or he might spend time thinking about the diseases that might afflict him so he can take preventive measures.

But no matter how hard we try to prevent bad things from happening to us, some will happen anyway. Seneca therefore points to a second reason for contemplating the bad things that can happen to us. If we think about these things, we will lessen their impact on us when, despite our efforts at prevention, they happen: “He robs present ills of their power who has perceived their coming beforehand.” Misfortune weighs most heavily, he says, on those who “expect nothing but good fortune.”

However, there seems to be a subtle distinction between 'contemplating bad things' and 'wallowing in imaginary suffering', which can be addictive and dissociative. As Gurdjieff said:

In Search of the Miraculous said:
"'Imagination' is one of the principal sources of the wrong work of centers. Each center has its own form of imagination and daydreaming, but as a rule both the moving and the emotional centers make use of the thinking center which very readily places itself at their disposal for this purpose, because daydreaming corresponds to its own inclinations. Daydreaming is absolutely the opposite of 'useful' mental activity. 'Useful' in this case means activity directed towards a definite aim and undertaken for the sake of obtaining a definite result. Daydreaming does not pursue any aim, does not strive after any result. The motive for daydreaming always lies in the emotional or in the moving center. The actual process is carried on by the thinking center. The inclination to daydream is due partly to the laziness of the thinking center, that is, its attempts to avoid the efforts connected with work directed towards a definite aim and going in a definite direction, and partly to the tendency of the emotional and the moving centers to repeat to themselves, to keep alive or to recreate experiences, both pleasant and unpleasant, that have been previously lived through or 'imagined.' Daydreaming of disagreeable, morbid things is very characteristic of the unbalanced state of the human machine, After all, one can understand daydreaming of a pleasant kind and find logical justification for it. Daydreaming of an unpleasant character is an utter absurdity. And yet many people spend nine tenths of their lives in just such painful daydreams about misfortunes which may overtake them or their family, about illnesses they may contract or sufferings they will have to endure. Imagination and daydreaming are instances of the wrong work of the thinking center.
"Observation of the activity of imagination and daydreaming forms a very important part of self-study.

Maybe one clue to distinguish the two is whether those contemplations lead to action, i.e. preparing ourselves better for negative situations by applying knowledge. For example, if I envision a bad outcome in a job situation, I can go through the emotions, examine where they come from etc. to get to know myself better, and I can use the negative feeling as a wake-up call/'alarm clock': it reminds me of my duty to work on myself and be a positive force in life. I can also use it to be better prepared for the bad job situation, and I can use it as a motivation to do a better job. If I'm just sitting around daydreaming about bad stuff while secretely enjoying it, this would be a useless waste of energy as Gurdjieff described it, OSIT.

I think another clue to separate 'daydreaming' from 'useful contemplation' is how we react emotionally. Contemplating negative outcomes in a useful way often involves very uncomfortable, revolting feelings - we just don't want to go there. 'Daydreaming' on the other hand is very easy - even if we 'daydream' about horrible events! They have no connection to reality and thus are not threatening in any way. Reality, on the other hand, is threatening indeed!

Which ties in I think to what Data said:

Data said:
The example you gave in your professional work context seems to me to be rather expectation in the sense of preparation rather than anticipation. The C's said that "always expect attack" is a good thing -- one is prepared.

I think this is a useful distinction - expectation vs. preparation. If we prepare physically (by our actions) and emotionally for a negative event, it is useful and an example of 'knowledge protects'. If we have expectations, on the other hand, we just feel entitled to our comfort and what we 'like'. But what we 'like' has nothing to do with reality; it is irrelevant.

I think marek760 nailed it:

marek760 said:
It seems to me that the foreseeing is based on the objectiv facts that we know and and anticipation is simply wishful thinking, where we expect a successful outcome for us, or act in our interest.

That seems to be the crux: objective facts vs. wishful thinking based on desires and emotion. Maybe that also explains why the psychos are headed towards destruction - they firmly 'anticipate' an outcome where they are the masters of the universe, but it's not based on objective facts. Their 'reality' is fictional, because their perception is skewed by their desires and their wishful thinking.

As for my initial question whether we can somehow influence probabilities, I think obyvatel's response is very interesting:

obyvatel said:
More specific an event, less is the probability it will come to pass. Eg the probability of drawing the ace of spades from a full deck of shuffled cards is 1/52. The probability of drawing a card belonging to the red suite (diamonds or hearts) from the same full deck of shuffled cards is 26/52 = 0.5, which is 26 times more likely than drawing the ace of spades.

This makes it much more concrete and "nuts and bolts": indeed, the probability of an event will decrease with the details that we envision. It's also a function of information: the less likely an event, the more information we would need to predict it/the more information the knowledge that the event will happen would represent (if I understand Claude Shannon/information theory correctly):

wikipedia on information theory said:
A key measure in information theory is "entropy". Entropy quantifies the amount of uncertainty involved in the value of a random variable or the outcome of a random process. For example, identifying the outcome of a fair coin flip (with two equally likely outcomes) provides less information (lower entropy) than specifying the outcome from a roll of a die (with six equally likely outcomes). Some other important measures in information theory are mutual information, channel capacity, error exponents, and relative entropy.

Thus, to predict an event in its details, we would need a huge amount of information, which we simply don't have. Add the open nature of the future to the mix, and such predictions are all but impossible. So we delude ourselves if we think we can predict how things will turn out in detail.

Another aspect is our emotional involvement I think. After all, if we say that "anticipating bad stuff" reduces its probability, there is a judgement in there ("bad"). So it's kind of natural that if we anticipate and familiarize ourselves with an event that would make us feel uncomfortable and thus don't feel that uncomfortable anymore if it actually happens, this event becomes less "bad" - so the likelyhood of a "bad event" is indeed reduced!

As to whether some weird quantum effects can happen depending on our emotions and thoughts, I don't know... But maybe "weird quantum effects" is just another angle to look at it, and it's the same as our emotional content/whether we qualify something as "bad"? Don't know...

Sorry for the long rambling, and thanks again everyone for your thoughts!

Thank you luc for this thread and to all of you for contributing, I was thinking a lot on this and this helped a lot to clear things ....

luc said:
So, if anticipation is strongly connected to our emotions/attachment to specific outcomes that make us 'feel comfortable', then envisioning negative outcomes might be a good exercise - it counterbalances our tendency for wishful thinking and could help form new pathways in the brains. As the Stoics said (thanks obyvatel for that great quote):

Any thoughtful person will periodically contemplate the bad things that can happen to him. The obvious reason for doing this is to prevent those things from happening. Someone might, for example, spend time thinking about ways people could break into his home so he can prevent them from doing so. Or he might spend time thinking about the diseases that might afflict him so he can take preventive measures.

Data said:
The example you gave in your professional work context seems to me to be rather expectation in the sense of preparation rather than anticipation. The C's said that "always expect attack" is a good thing -- one is prepared.

I think this is a useful distinction - expectation vs. preparation. If we prepare physically (by our actions) and emotionally for a negative event, it is useful and an example of 'knowledge protects'. If we have expectations, on the other hand, we just feel entitled to our comfort and what we 'like'. But what we 'like' has nothing to do with reality; it is irrelevant.

I think marek760 nailed it:

marek760 said:
It seems to me that the foreseeing is based on the objectiv facts that we know and and anticipation is simply wishful thinking, where we expect a successful outcome for us, or act in our interest.

That seems to be the crux: objective facts vs. wishful thinking based on desires and emotion. Maybe that also explains why the psychos are headed towards destruction - they firmly 'anticipate' an outcome where they are the masters of the universe, but it's not based on objective facts. Their 'reality' is fictional, because their perception is skewed by their desires and their wishful thinking.

Maybe my recent example can also help to bring some more insights into those experiences.

I just had a intense situation on my job this week. Things went into direction that wasn't planed and wasn't pleasant for the whole group, and I started to "plot" possible outputs, mostly focusing on worst case scenario ABCDEF..... At one point I get a bit worried how many plots of "in witch direction things can go" I "plotted" ... I started also to think - uh did I maybe "fall" into the anticipatory mode ... but before sleep, after all possible scenarios were plotted, I did a bit of relax to see why I feel emotionally intense. I was confused by intensity, so that made me think - is it a product of something else?, not just frustration that plans can be diverted ...

So I had 2 important meeting this week, where those things were planed to be resolved. After intensive day of "plotting" and preparation, through observing situation from all possible angles, at the end of the day I was feeling ambivalent. I felt more confident what to do in bad outcome and how to react, but I didn't felt relief for that. Instead I felt upset with strong emotional weakens, on the edge that I didn't even wanted to go to the meetings to face the bad thing, but my mind was getting back to focus, as not going wasn't one objective option, as that will make it bad for 100%, and just going to meeting can bring resolution, or what ever output has to be regarding the given circumstances. I didn't wanted to bring singular decision, based on that probably false "gut" feeling that was "telling" me not to go.

So I went to the first meeting on Wednesday, and even entering the meeting place made me feel so anxious ... But as soon as I entered and meet with my colleague and business partner, all this bad feelings went off, and we spent 4 hours in good understanding, discussing without any "nervous" feelings, all the details that we need to take care in the future, to protect the project from falling into possible bad case scenario options, and I was glad that things get back on track ... It was so opposite from my "plots", that even some things that I planed to have as fixed points in my decision making process to continue working with them, were actually suggested by my partner almost telepathically ... same was on the second meeting this morning, with both of my partners, where al bad case plots just "vanished", and even this other partner, also without me asking, propose kind of collaboration that I was thinking to propose to him ...

So I just freshly experienced what you all pointed here, and I can tell that preparation, as Stoics said, brought to me a kind of clear view of the situation, and confidence not to react emotionally on any output, but to face reality as it is and bring conclusion slowly for final decision. So on the meetings I really wasn't worried if all go bad, as plots I created were basically serving to me as possible exit points, if I will realised that I can't continue to work with them, what helped me to get off the feeling of been offended and cheated, to the focus of been realistic what is good for the project.

Also, reading your posts, I realised that my anxiety was coming from my feeling that I was offended - hm? - So it means that I was motivated to plot bad outcomes emotionally, more than objectively. I realised that my "bad case scenarios", even having some bits and pieces that are objective and factual, mostly were based on assumptions, and emotional and "social" "judging", and reinterpretations of my business partners, going even that far to blindly assuming that - because they are successful and relatively rich, and related to all major business and political spheres, they must be on the "wrong" side of the "game" .. not to say something worst ... so was it really just a preparation? :scared:

To me, now after reading this, it looks like combination of both, preparation and also anticipation. So if I follow the observed above, I obviously get prepared, as I didn't give up with not going for the meetings. I wasn't panicking, feeling offended, not respected etc, and I was able to listen clearly on their propositions about how to contract my part of the job, and I was able to ad and contribute what I think that has to be done. So now I can see that this anxiety, that almost dragged me off the job that I am investing most of my energy in for last 10 years, was actually part of vague emotional centre, that was probably operating from more STS direction, plotting surreal anticipation, probably due to hidden hints of my possible insecurity to be cheated on all levels, but my thoughts were kind of dwelling on idea that "it is all their fault, because they must belong to the bad guys", what is quite STS way of self protective thinking due to emotional "reasons" ... and I can now also see what was trigger for that - my PTSD from emotional abuse, that I went through 9 years ago, at the almost same point of that same project, and that was intense for 3 years, and for some reason my subconscious fears were triggered by possibility that maybe all can get broken as it was 6 years ago, even though it is obvious that this time, all things are finally coming to finalisation with possibility to open a new path for that project.

So in this correlation - it is good to be aware that even a bad case scenario can be covert anticipation based on wishful thinking, by twisting the appearance masked in feeling of "been worried" that the others might have "wrong" intent. Even though if it looked to me as objectively driven plot to help me to prepare, it is mostly because I was blurred with possibility that I can't actually anticipate anything bad for me. But if the target is for STS forces important to be destroyed, they will do all to manipulate our little predator, to makes us "think", and even more to feel just opposite, what than can be confused as "gut feeling". So maybe I can conclude that - as I am doing The Work, I am more sensitive to all those things, but as I am just at the introducing stage, even though I am focusing my intent to be always on STO line, I am still "capable" to fall asleep and into the same program again, and probably, like in this case, I can even do both simultaneously, but more consolidated intent, by so far gained knowledge, is helping me to stay focused, while my still unresolved part of the being is dwelling around emotional influences ... so maybe that is why strong anxiety and "gut" feeling "not to go", was product of predators mind final try to knock me off that project with "bad feeling" about it, what objectively will not be the case, as that project, if intent is to have positive outcome on audience, needs my skills and knowledge of that subject. So bringing singular decision - not to go on the meeting, will for sure be the worst possible decision for the project and all involved, and the break down will be my fault based on false "gut" feelings and wishful "plotting", all in order to covertly make me feel good that I didn't fall into the trap of "bad" guys.

So ... thank you one more time for this thread! ... It helped a lot, and I hope my experience can light up some more refine tricks that can happen on the go, so as on anything there is no simple answer, but you guys truly helped to bring more discernment look onto it ... :cool2:

the Emotional Centre. This centre can see many
things together if it is really working and can draw so much together
and connect it into a whole that it seems like clairvoyance. But since
the Emotional Centre is drenched with negative emotions and personal
self-emotions it rarely can perform its proper task and usually only
makes us ill.
(Nicoll Commentaries p.1128)

It follows then we want to keep 4thD STS inspired negative emotions away from our emotional centre, because we want that super important function that "seems like clairvoyance".

Nicoll then remarks if you aren't willing to change your Being and not dissolve hateful thoughts towards yourself and not stop / transmute hateful thoughts (shot towards others inside your psyche) to neutral thoughts, everything will remain the same. You will continue to suffer from the unwanted reality that is freaking you out and slowly but surely drives you to emotional bankruptcy and might switch you into Emergency Alertness Mode that facilitates the following deep realization / understanding / determination:

Status quo - while the emotional center is swamped with forever gnashing of teeth - we don't want. We want to change our Being.

Nicoll says [based on what G. and Ouspensky says] that once we make efforts to change our Being and are more than less successful in transmuting hatred and anger inside us toward more humane feelings and thoughts - if we manage to change our Being - then instantly __everything__ changes.

Apparently it works like the case of a beginner jogger, who deep inside decides that he wants health improvement and through hard exercises he becomes an intermediate jogger - intermediate level student in the Work. So with time, fighting with tooth and nail, he develops the necessary Work-muscles and arrives to the point of now, where he reads the above from Nicoll and now can perform the moves, because he gathered sufficient Work muscle strength, and now with effort and the will-discipline he has built he can change his Being.

I can attest to Nicoll's words, to the instant changes in life. The greater the discipline and Work-strength, it seems, the more numerous are the instant changes, I guess.

Using Castanedas tenets [IIRC] Control, Discipline, Forebearance / Patience, Timing, Will, stopping hateful thoughts toward any target and beginning thought transmutation - Fulcanelli's Mellowing of Manners - making efforts to change my Being. I succeeded more than less and it doesn't matter if my performance was like 4/10 compared to a perfect Olympic performance of a pro athlete, I must have steeled my mind and established enough military psychic discipline that Reality around me has changed and the reality threads began to fuse and connect in new ways facilitating a lot more than less the walkable passage where I wanted to go.

I know my pose is still distorted, my thoughts aren't perfectly pure [far from], and there is a lot of room for improvement: better meditative focus and establishing military-discipline in my mind against 4thD STS impressions, but the effort so far was enough to produce at least four different types of results in Reality, rearranged the flow of the "Life-river" where I'm fighting with the current.

It is so hard, I find myself chickening out from time to time: - I don't want to fight today, its too visceral, too hard, too painful!
But after a couple hours I realize there is no going back:

Only forward.

lilies said:
makes us ill.

It follows then we want to keep 4thD STS inspired negative emotions away from our emotional centre, because we want that super important function that "seems like clairvoyance".

Nicoll then remarks if you aren't willing to change your Being and not dissolve hateful thoughts towards yourself and not stop / transmute hateful thoughts (shot towards others inside your psyche) to neutral thoughts, everything will remain the same. You will continue to suffer from the unwanted reality that is freaking you out and slowly but surely drives you to emotional bankruptcy and might switch you into Emergency Alertness Mode that facilitates the following deep realization / understanding / determination:

Status quo - while the emotional center is swamped with forever gnashing of teeth - we don't want. We want to change our Being.

Nicoll says [based on what G. and Ouspensky says] that once we make efforts to change our Being and are more than less successful in transmuting hatred and anger inside us toward more humane feelings and thoughts - if we manage to change our Being - then instantly __everything__ changes.

Apparently it works like the case of a beginner jogger, who deep inside decides that he wants health improvement and through hard exercises he becomes an intermediate jogger - intermediate level student in the Work. So with time, fighting with tooth and nail, he develops the necessary Work-muscles and arrives to the point of now, where he reads the above from Nicoll and now can perform the moves, because he gathered sufficient Work muscle strength, and now with effort and the will-discipline he has built he can change his Being.

I can attest to Nicoll's words, to the instant changes in life. The greater the discipline and Work-strength, it seems, the more numerous are the instant changes, I guess.

Using Castanedas tenets [IIRC] Control, Discipline, Forebearance / Patience, Timing, Will, stopping hateful thoughts toward any target and beginning thought transmutation - Fulcanelli's Mellowing of Manners - making efforts to change my Being. I succeeded more than less and it doesn't matter if my performance was like 4/10 compared to a perfect Olympic performance of a pro athlete, I must have steeled my mind and established enough military psychic discipline that Reality around me has changed and the reality threads began to fuse and connect in new ways facilitating a lot more than less the walkable passage where I wanted to go.

I know my pose is still distorted, my thoughts aren't perfectly pure [far from], and there is a lot of room for improvement: better meditative focus and establishing military-discipline in my mind against 4thD STS impressions, but the effort so far was enough to produce at least four different types of results in Reality, rearranged the flow of the "Life-river" where I'm fighting with the current.

It is so hard, I find myself chickening out from time to time: - I don't want to fight today, its too visceral, too hard, too painful!
But after a couple hours I realize there is no going back:

Only forward.

Thank you lilies very much for this observation! The process of "clearing" emotional center, how I experienced it, is physical process, as all other, but most of the time people are not seeing it like that and there is I think a catch that makes people "feel" the emotional states as something "noble", what keeps them to hold on the emotional states more than it is of real value, and there the line of manipulative aspects of 4DSTS can easily enter to a sleeping 3D STS individual ...

Yesterday I felt that manipulative states of emotions, from the point of self-remembering, completely detached from my being, almost like a extra object glued to my body .... later on I find out from a colleg that it was about the time when a group of business partners where discussing how to contract my work, and every time they do that, they want to provoke in me feel of power they have over me mixed at the same time with their need to be on my side and help me, but all that help will come as they want and how they want after they show me how I am nothing without them ... classical power game issues when the question of payment for once work come to a plate ... that before made me feel so miserable that 20 years ago I decide I will never work for anyone in my life, even if I have to die ... so all this year I was on the edge to quite this one too ... but every time when "conflict" will come, "answer" or "guidance" will come through Forum and my Work on esoteric development. And that experience yesterday showed me clearly why I have to deal with this now in this moment, as I got a chance to be exposed to all unpleasant things on their best in my given circumstances, so to be able to work them out through changing my being and getting closer to the essence ...

and that experience yesterday made me feel confident and more clear how all this emotional manipulation works from the 4D STS influences, through matrix, to 3D "sleeping bodies" ... I think the most important part is non identification with anything ...

I start to do diagrams of that flow of connectednes from 6D through 4D to 3D etc ... I hope I will be able to give more from that mine experience that is quite insightfull and mind opening ...

I got so many insights and experiences so far around this issue, that I wanted to share here, but for me writing is always a bit difficult, I am better with presenting it like lecture or so ... maybe I should do video of every insight, and than extract form that a written format .... at least I hope to find a better format to share here all that experiences ...

lilies said:
makes us ill.

Thanks lilies for this post!

I'd like to comment on the transformation of negative emotions, because I think it's such a crucial and tricky topic. The way I see it, we need to be careful to discern different types of negative emotions and appropriate reactions to them in order to transform them into something positive/change our being.

I think there are some negative emotions that we need to learn not to express. What I mean for example is whining/complaining: we are used to complain because of bad food we ate, minor pain, bad weather, tasks we have to do etc., basically whatever we don't like. I think this is often inconsiderate and it's a useful exercise to stop such whining and do the right thing despite we are feeling uncomfortable. This then contributes to an internal change: with practice, our feelings, thoughts and body sensations are not tied together anymore unconsciously; we can have an ache or two but still think clearly, we can be in a bad mood but still be there for others, we can have a dark thought and just let it pass without it unconsciously affecting our body, we can feel strong sensations yet still determine what to do rationally etc.

When we don't express negative emotions unconsciously and randomly, we can just observe them, and even use them as a drive and motivation to remember ourselves and keep going in the right direction. The 'transmutation of energies' then becomes something very concrete and tangible: negative emotion->self-remembering->action.

Still, sometimes we have legitimate complaints that need to be addressed and expressed. I think it's helpful to wait a little bit before addressing them, observing them for a while, and then bringing them up in a rational way. Otherwise, there is the danger that we lash out based purely on internal considering.

However, there are negative emotions that need to be expressed immediately I think, the most important one being anger. As we know from the book When the body says no, bottling up anger literally makes us sick. But how can we express anger safely without hurting others and without it controlling us? There are different approaches - boxing pillows, 'shadow boxing', acting it out in an exaggerated way that makes us laugh about ourselves at the end... It's important I think to direct the anger away from ourselves, and away from those around us that have nothing to do with it. For example, when I get triggered by something someone says to me and get angry (which has nothing to do with what was said of course, it's only some program of mine that got triggered), sometimes I start doing silly shadow boxing and imagine how I beat up a Lizzie or grey alien pretty bad, directing my anger towards the fact that this whole control system messed me up so badly. Bottom line is, we can't just pretend there is no anger and that we never have violent thoughts, this doesn't solve the problem and only makes us sick.

There is also another form of anger - justified outrage based on empathy. This is the feeling one experiences when watching horrible news, reading blatant propaganda and realizing it, witnessing someone being treated unfair etc. In such situations, the anger can be redirected towards positive action - like sharing something on social media, writing something here on the forum, or, when in real life, taking a stand. It can be the greatest motivator there is to stand up and act decisively.

There are many other negative emotions/states, and I think a huge part of the Work is getting to know them, discerning them, working with them. Contrary to some new age teachings, it's not about having only positive thoughts and feelings, or suppressing anger, quite the opposite - it's about really feeling all negative emotions as best as we can in order to study them and express them safely and productively. I think this is the meaning of 'transmutation' in this context: making use of the negative things inside us and transform them into something positive. But this is done by truly feeling those things, however unpleasant they are, and not by shutting them out.

It's a lot easier said than done of course, but as the Cs said:

Cs said:
"When you begin to separate limiting emotions based on assumptions from emotions that open one to unlimited possibilities, that means you are preparing for the next density."

Fwiw

Hi there,

Hi Luc,

Thank you for introducing this very interesting topic :)

With sincerity, I only can say 'I don't know' to the questions you asked.

There are quotes regarding the subject that are maybe relevant.

Donald Rumsfeld gave this speech about “unknown unknowns.” It goes something like this: “There are things we know we know about terrorism. There are things we know we don’t know. And there are things that are unknown unknowns. We don’t know that we don’t know.” He got a lot of grief for that. And I thought, “That’s the smartest and most modest thing I’ve heard in a year.”

Well, sorry for that; I can't believe that I am quoting Donald Rumsfeld :halo:

After reading this, I would tend to say 'We cannot be in an objective position of anticipating whatever, because there are unknown unknowns'.

Allow me to share another quote, from Laura :

[quote author=laura]It seems, from all the studies that are done, that an elevated mood - one of happy expectation of the possibility of adventure - is the greatest protection against illness. Perhaps it is also the one that makes one "inedible" to the Matrix?[/quote]

So there is joy, there is happiness, and there is a 'general good will' (towards the environment). The quote certainly says that it is allowed to have 'happy expectations' :)

Maybe we have the right to just expect a happy journey without forcing the foreseeing of what good could happen? In this regard, anticipation would be the certainty that it will happen.

Regarding the polarity aspect : maybe if we consider the question of anticipation / non-anticipation, we should be able to elaborate a model regardless of the polarity (positive & negative). But I don't know if we can consider things this way.

Please forgive me if there are things that are irrelevant. Thank you much for your post. :cool:

While reading through the latest crop of responses in this thread, (there have been several insights I found helpful!), I found myself thinking the following regarding visualizing both negative and positive futures...

I have found it true that intense imagining of negative outcomes, where fear of a negative experience drives me, I will visualize the most visceral accounts of how badly things could go.

Example:

“If that disk doesn’t make it to the editor’s desk on time, or doesn’t read correctly, or is overlooked, then the deadline will not be met and BAD THINGS will happen!”

-I can imagine many ways for that critical failure to occur as well as a few possible miserable experiences from the fallout, such as letting people down, creating disappointment in my peers or losing future contracts, etc., -as well as account in great detail for all the reasons leading up to the failure. "I should have started work earlier! I should have not stayed up so late the night before!", etc.

Now, I have noticed that when I get into this kind of headspace, the result is that the critical point of failure never actually occurs. The disk makes it to the editor without incident. If something in the process goes wrong, it will be of a completely different order and nature.

The only times when the metaphorical disk fails to reach the editor is when I have NOT worried about it, or even thought it a possible outcome. I hit ‘send’ and then take a nap without waiting for confirmation of receipt, confident that all is well and my work is done. That is when somebody loses the disk, or there is a snow storm or the email gets lost. If there is a failure, the result is surprise and frantic messages and running around, all apparently out of the blue.

One possible explanation borrows from the concept of Lessons. -As well as from Castaneda...

The Eagle’s Gift - Carlos Castaneda

pg.82

The power that governs the destiny of all living beings is called the Eagle, not because it is an eagle or has anything to do with an eagle, but because it appears to the seer as an immeasurable jet-black eagle, standing erect as an eagle stands; its height reaching to infinity.

As the seer gazes on the blackness that the Eagle is, four blazes of light reveal what the Eagle is like.
The first blaze, which is like a bolt of lightning, helps the seer make out the contours of the Eagle's body. There are patches of whiteness that look like an eagle's feathers and talons.

A second blaze of lightning reveals the flapping, wind-creating blackness that looks like an eagle's wings.
With the third blaze of lightning, the seer beholds a piercing, inhuman eye.

The fourth and last blaze discloses what the Eagle is doing...

The Eagle is devouring the awareness of all the creatures that a moment before were alive on earth, are now dead, and have floated to the Eagle's beak like a ceaseless swarm of fireflies to meet their owner; this being their reason for having had life.

The Eagle disentangles these tiny flames, lays them flat like a tanner stretches out a hide, and then consumes them; for awareness is the Eagle's food.

~~~~~

pg. 140

She explained that a recapitulation is the forte of stalkers just as the dreaming body is the forte of dreamers. The recapitulation consisted of recollecting one's life down to the most insignificant detail. Thus her benefactor had given her that crate as a tool and a symbol. It was a tool that would permit her to learn concentration, because she would have to sit in there for years until all of her life had passed in front of her eyes.

And it was a symbol of the narrow boundaries of our person. Her benefactor told her that when-ever she had finished her recapitulation, she would break the crate to symbolize that she no longer abided by the limitations of her person.

She said that stalkers use crates or earth coffins in order to seal themselves in while they are reliving, more than merely recollecting, every moment of their lives.

The reason why stalkers must recapitulate their lives in such a thorough manner is that the Eagle's gift to man includes its willingness to accept a surrogate instead of genuine awareness- if such a surrogate be a perfect replica. Florinda explained that since awareness is the Eagle's food, the Eagle can be satisfied with a perfect recapitulation in place of consciousness.

So.., in terms of negative anticipation, perhaps by visualizing a surrogate experience, it is accepted in lieu of the actual thing?

Now, I find Castaneda and Don Juan’s world to be morbid and gothic in the extreme, and frankly, out of keeping with many of the basic mechanics of reality as I currently understand them. In the Castaneda world, for instance, there is no evidence of reincarnation or Karmic force at work. The Eagle just eats you, The End. Here’s an example of their belief system:

pg. 117

Silvio Manuel said that although the attempt had seemed to be a failure, it was a total success. The four women did see the aperture and through it into the other world; and what I experienced in there was a true sense of death.

"There is nothing gorgeous or peaceful about death," he said, "because the real terror begins upon dying. With that incalculable force you felt in there, the Eagle will squeeze out of you every flicker of awareness you have ever had."

I suspect that there is an interpretive layer at work, much like the Christian bible is a (severely) distorted account of some true things, I am inclined to think the same of the Mexican sorcerer’s world as described by Don Juan and his ilk, and reported by Castaneda.

Instead, this is my present (theoretical) interpretation via the language and concepts borrowed from the C's...

1. All there is is Lessons.

2. The Universe is designed specifically to create and host Lessons. It’s probably pretty good at it. Perhaps it is even perfect.

3. This might imply a kind of grand efficiency.

So...

If you have already envisioned and stressed over an imagined future, sweated and felt visceral feelings as though having lived in that future, if you have also regretted the things which you believe brought you there, such that you swear to yourself you’d take it back and do things differently if you had the chance.., can it not be said that you have Learned a Lesson?

If so, then wouldn’t it be an inefficient waste of energy to actually have to go and do it all again in “real time” as it were?

Why waste any cycles of the engine of reality re-taking a test when the Universe can dish up an entirely new Lesson with unexpected experiences?

Conversely...

Visualizing and anticipating a positive outcome is tantamount to trying to exert your control over the creation. You are no longer learning, but trying to subvert the school to make you feel good. Perhaps at this point, the Universal fail-safe/auto-pilot features kick in, preventing you from wasting its time on a non-lesson and instead projects you into a future where you will discover something new and unexpected. Where you Learn something.

Anyway.., those were my thoughts that I wanted to share.

Woodsman said:
While reading through the latest crop of responses in this thread, (there have been several insights I found helpful!), I found myself thinking the following regarding visualizing both negative and positive futures...

I have found it true that intense imagining of negative outcomes, where fear of a negative experience drives me, I will visualize the most visceral accounts of how badly things could go.

Example:

“If that disk doesn’t make it to the editor’s desk on time, or doesn’t read correctly, or is overlooked, then the deadline will not be met and BAD THINGS will happen!”

-I can imagine many ways for that critical failure to occur as well as a few possible miserable experiences from the fallout, such as letting people down, creating disappointment in my peers or losing future contracts, etc., -as well as account in great detail for all the reasons leading up to the failure. "I should have started work earlier! I should have not stayed up so late the night before!", etc.

Now, I have noticed that when I get into this kind of headspace, the result is that the critical point of failure never actually occurs. The disk makes it to the editor without incident. If something in the process goes wrong, it will be of a completely different order and nature.

The only times when the metaphorical disk fails to reach the editor is when I have NOT worried about it, or even thought it a possible outcome. I hit ‘send’ and then take a nap without waiting for confirmation of receipt, confident that all is well and my work is done. That is when somebody loses the disk, or there is a snow storm or the email gets lost. If there is a failure, the result is surprise and frantic messages and running around, all apparently out of the blue.

One possible explanation borrows from the concept of Lessons. -As well as from Castaneda...

The Eagle’s Gift - Carlos Castaneda

pg.82

The power that governs the destiny of all living beings is called the Eagle, not because it is an eagle or has anything to do with an eagle, but because it appears to the seer as an immeasurable jet-black eagle, standing erect as an eagle stands; its height reaching to infinity.

As the seer gazes on the blackness that the Eagle is, four blazes of light reveal what the Eagle is like.
The first blaze, which is like a bolt of lightning, helps the seer make out the contours of the Eagle's body. There are patches of whiteness that look like an eagle's feathers and talons.

A second blaze of lightning reveals the flapping, wind-creating blackness that looks like an eagle's wings.
With the third blaze of lightning, the seer beholds a piercing, inhuman eye.

The fourth and last blaze discloses what the Eagle is doing...

The Eagle is devouring the awareness of all the creatures that a moment before were alive on earth, are now dead, and have floated to the Eagle's beak like a ceaseless swarm of fireflies to meet their owner; this being their reason for having had life.

The Eagle disentangles these tiny flames, lays them flat like a tanner stretches out a hide, and then consumes them; for awareness is the Eagle's food.

~~~~~

pg. 140

She explained that a recapitulation is the forte of stalkers just as the dreaming body is the forte of dreamers. The recapitulation consisted of recollecting one's life down to the most insignificant detail. Thus her benefactor had given her that crate as a tool and a symbol. It was a tool that would permit her to learn concentration, because she would have to sit in there for years until all of her life had passed in front of her eyes.

And it was a symbol of the narrow boundaries of our person. Her benefactor told her that when-ever she had finished her recapitulation, she would break the crate to symbolize that she no longer abided by the limitations of her person.

She said that stalkers use crates or earth coffins in order to seal themselves in while they are reliving, more than merely recollecting, every moment of their lives.

The reason why stalkers must recapitulate their lives in such a thorough manner is that the Eagle's gift to man includes its willingness to accept a surrogate instead of genuine awareness- if such a surrogate be a perfect replica. Florinda explained that since awareness is the Eagle's food, the Eagle can be satisfied with a perfect recapitulation in place of consciousness.

So.., in terms of negative anticipation, perhaps by visualizing a surrogate experience, it is accepted in lieu of the actual thing?

Now, I find Castaneda and Don Juan’s world to be morbid and gothic in the extreme, and frankly, out of keeping with many of the basic mechanics of reality as I currently understand them. In the Castaneda world, for instance, there is no evidence of reincarnation or Karmic force at work. The Eagle just eats you, The End. Here’s an example of their belief system:

pg. 117

Silvio Manuel said that although the attempt had seemed to be a failure, it was a total success. The four women did see the aperture and through it into the other world; and what I experienced in there was a true sense of death.

"There is nothing gorgeous or peaceful about death," he said, "because the real terror begins upon dying. With that incalculable force you felt in there, the Eagle will squeeze out of you every flicker of awareness you have ever had."

I suspect that there is an interpretive layer at work, much like the Christian bible is a (severely) distorted account of some true things, I am inclined to think the same of the Mexican sorcerer’s world as described by Don Juan and his ilk, and reported by Castaneda.

Instead, this is my present (theoretical) interpretation via the language and concepts borrowed from the C's...

1. All there is is Lessons.

2. The Universe is designed specifically to create and host Lessons. It’s probably pretty good at it. Perhaps it is even perfect.

3. This might imply a kind of grand efficiency.

So...

If you have already envisioned and stressed over an imagined future, sweated and felt visceral feelings as though having lived in that future, if you have also regretted the things which you believe brought you there, such that you swear to yourself you’d take it back and do things differently if you had the chance.., can it not be said that you have Learned a Lesson?

If so, then wouldn’t it be an inefficient waste of energy to actually have to go and do it all again in “real time” as it were?

Why waste any cycles of the engine of reality re-taking a test when the Universe can dish up an entirely new Lesson with unexpected experiences?

Conversely...

Visualizing and anticipating a positive outcome is tantamount to trying to exert your control over the creation. You are no longer learning, but trying to subvert the school to make you feel good. Perhaps at this point, the Universal fail-safe/auto-pilot features kick in, preventing you from wasting its time on a non-lesson and instead projects you into a future where you will discover something new and unexpected. Where you Learn something.

Anyway.., those were my thoughts that I wanted to share.

Woodsman,

This post is thoughtful, and extremely insightful. Worded in a way that really renders your thought on the matter clear and easy to comprehend.

I tend to feel that what you're saying here rings true, from general life experiences. I feel that once one has ''gotten'' something, they've learned, whether the learning happened in a dream, during a conversation or facilitated by events of the day. If the universe is indeed a school, surely our dreams and thoughts are part and parcel of that as well.

[quote author=Woodsman]
[/quote]

It could be ... if such an imagined future meshes well with the natural flow of life events, like your example of the disk and the editor. In other words, learn lessons that are more likely to be in the lesson plan of the individual life( assumption being there exists such a plan for an individual).

On a practical level, such negative visualization is akin to training and preparation for stressful situations - like sparring in martial arts or safety drills for aid workers.

[quote author=Woodsman]
Conversely...

Visualizing and anticipating a positive outcome is tantamount to trying to exert your control over the creation. You are no longer learning, but trying to subvert the school to make you feel good.
[/quote]

Maybe. What if someone anticipates the outcome of winning the lottery so that he/she can encounter different challenges and utilize different opportunities for growth? I do not think it is as simple as saying "visualizing positive outcomes=bad", "visualizing negative outcomes=good" from a metaphysical perspective.

From a practical psychological perspective, imagining positive outcomes does not provide the training value that negative visualization provides. OSIT

I would like to share my point of view on visualisations. Imagination is the bridge between conscious and subconscious mind or between intelectual and emotional center, how someone prefers.

Visualisations can set inner emotional state. The most pragmatic would be think about "how I should feel that that emotional state allow me to achieve goal choosed by me".

From the point of view of the work on the self work of the intelectual center should precede work of the emotional center.

And then, example:

We have our favourite route to home through the dark park. Let say that we see groups of people residing in the park. Then we can calculate the situation. Those calculations may be different.

1) Let say that we didn't observe anything suspicious in their behaviour and the most likely they are not dangerous. Then we can make some visualisation:

a) We are visualizing ourselves in that park in positive way, that we walk with joy, calm, aura of this place encourage us. Thanks to this we calibrate ourselves to the state which open us to ladle pleasure and forcefulness of walking through the park next time.

b) We are visualizing that we are assaulted by some thugs, we withstand before attackers, act with self-confidence, we are visualizing that our stress increases and with every increasing of fear we use that energy to better defend ourselves and transform that energy and use it to make the best choices for us. It may rise question, whether creating such visualisation is valuable or whether it is loss of our energy on something what never happen. On the other hand even if probability is lesser than 1% it may happen. It depend on our discretion in what way we want use our energy.

c) We are visualizing that we are assaulted and hurt or we die. It can learn us aversion to that place and distract us from benefits which give walking in the park.

2) In the point 2, considering that we find those people in the park aggressive. It also is associated with some calculations which we can make. And make visualisations:

d) We are visualizing love and light, visualizing that final outcome will be positive. We will be totally unprepared mentally for risky situation.

e) We are visualizing the same what in the "b)". We find ourselves in the risky situation and we have no doubts that those mental exercising was useful, because we act on the created by us attitudes and habits in feeling and thinking.

f) We are visualizing the same what in the "c)". It may be limited, but also may safe us if we don't have capability to defend self even with earlier mental training.

The point is that, as I see it, visualisations are helpful when contain images of dealing with things whatever it would be, reading, learning, working, sport, any activity which has some values for us and we want develop it. We can visualize how we do it with perfection and dealing with adversities.

Everything what we want to do we have to visualize it first, whatever it would be, leave the house, make a tea or read a book. In the beginning we visualize to start it and after that every further step is preceded with some images in mind. Caring about those imaginations in mind influence our behaviour. I write this post being focused on it, but first I had to visualize writing this post, if any thought or image never appear in my mind I would never start writing this post. The desire for tea arrives along with an image of it, even if that image is subtle and takes milliseconds.

Generally art in creating visualisation is at first calculate the situation over the emotions and after that visualize how problem is dissolved. Perfect visualisation should be balanced between stress which some situation brings and output from that situation, visualisation should contain images how one breaks the walls, how one positively dealing with negative feelings and adversities what finally lead him to the success. Mental training with big engagement and rich visualisations may create great source of the powerful motivation while one will stay before real material challenge.

This is my take.

Respecto a la rabia está esto https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,7197.msg50812.html#msg50812

Be sure of negative things, hey you have to learn !!! although of the time this is over and surely we already know that negative things are not always like this (danger is made to the new thinking era) everything works so that the game is That ... a game.
good I tell my experience on this subject, it turns out that a friend came to my house one day showing a bundle of asparagus at the same time he said how cheap he had come ... as I like him I asked where I had bought them and I gave myself a place 5 minutes from the house (before continuing to clarify that just at that time it was precisely in this matter of anticipation ... away from the subject that I was more stuck, I thought it day and night And tried to get it out and for that I had to reach an understanding) good and I had relatively half caught and I decided to go and buy my asparagus ... it turns out it was Sunday for me to look around and there was nothing open (other vegetables) haha ​​and I did not even meet the local ... so l To nothing I do not mind and not even force it despite the fact that I really liked ... instantly I am slightly happy even more when I came to this subject head and no, I was not ecstatic in my hormones or I believe that I had "achieved" it simply the idea came to my head ... it turns out that at 15 seconds it gives me to look at the ground behind me and there was in the ground a bundle of asparagus!
Look deluded if it had not fallen to anyone And of course you did not see any soul ... it is the masparticularity that has happened to me and not even if it is in essence related to this of anticipation ... but hey that is a "triple coincidence" the first is to find something, Second that was an asparagus and third that has been almost at the moment that I stop thinking about it ... so there are I leave them and add that this week I am looking for work (in fact I have been about 3 weeks without luck) I will try to apply this and them How's the experiment going? Or that have dichp above, to start the feelings of self-judging by the mistakes of the past, I will not be so passive in the sense of not believing "special" or better. Such a lol.

Back
Top Bottom