Dragonfly photo

Thanks for all your kind words. To Gawan..it was a large specimen probably approx 3 inches long. To pegasus...glad it inspired you and thanks for your enthusiastic response. Their flight capabilities have always fascinated me, along with their striking beauty of course. This dragonfly was in the process of munching on some leaves before I took the picture. Was quite comical to watch. The movement of its mouth when eating the leaf reminded me of an old man chewing tobacco.
Back in September I had an altogether different encounter with a dragonfly. I had seen this one flying around the garden for a few days but only briefly. It came and went. Then on the 3rd day it returned again and it flew around the garden and came a little closer in so I could see it more clearly. But not that close. As I saw it fly away around the corner out of sight I immediately had the thought of 'Come back please' as I wanted to get a few pics of it if I could. Sat in the garden and an hour passed and then I went inside to talk to my partner. We have french doors that open out from the kitchen to the garden. Only one door was open and I turned back round a few minutes later and had my arms against either side of the door and I was leaning forward out into the garden to see if the dragonfly was there hoping it had returned. It was and it was zipping around in a random fashion like they seem to do and all of a sudden it flew right in front of my face about 12-16 inches away with its head/eyes staring straight at me, exactly at eye level, and then preceded to 'dance' for maybe 10 seconds and then zipped away again. I had a feeling of interconnectedness with this creature. Then again a minute later it came around lowered itself in hover mode and preceded to 'dance' right in front of me again, like it was trying to show or communicate something. I could'nt believe it when it done this another two times. It was a fascinating experience. Afterwards I thought about my 'intention' to see it again after it had disappeared. Did my intention some how reach the mind of the dragonfly? And did it it return to show me the power of intention? I can only speculate but I certainly believe that we can interact with nature in more ways that we can ever imagine. Morphic resonance, the theory put forward by Rupert Sheldrake was on my mind a lot over this period.
I will post a photo of this dragonfly soon so thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom