Dream about the future and "being prepared"

msante

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I don't usually remember my dreams, and the few times I remember them they are rarely of those dreams loaded with symbolism and deep messages; it seems that the scriptwriter of my dreams is not very witty :-P. The point is that last Thursday night I had one of those rare dreams that led me to think about the future and explore certain potentialities.

The dream goes something like this (sorry, it's long):

Together with my family (wife and children) I was moving to a new house, but this house turned out to be the same house where I live now. Judging by how my neighbors greeted me with joy and considering that I, in the dream, seemed to know the neighbors, I would say that more than a move it was as if I was returning to my home. The point is that once installed in the house, my main concern was to protect the house from possible intruders, strengthening the entrance doors. So as the house has 3 access doors (car garage and 2 doors) I was focused on figuring out the best way to protect the house and my family. But this concern did not include the emotion of fear (and this is important), it was concern but at the same time security and confidence that what I was doing was the right thing, that I was taking the necessary steps and making the right decisions.

Later in the dream I had to leave my house (I don't remember to do what) and when I was returning to it I saw on the horizon some black clouds (very black) and very threatening, a dark sky as I had never seen before, but again, the same feeling, I knew what it was, I knew very well what I had to do and although I was worried I had confidence not only in myself but that what was about to happen was what had to happen, I felt as if accompanying this understanding at the same time there was a deep FAITH in the "process" that was in front of me and to come. When I arrived at my house I looked out the window and the sky was no longer completely black on the horizon, but now it was a light gray color but it covered absolutely everything. At the same time the sky was electrified, but not like the typical thunderstorm lightning, but as if it had permanent electric charges. I could see the little electric lightning bolts between the gray clouds. Again I felt the same feelings, concern and confidence.

Later, while I was in front of the house, I saw that someone was spying inside my house. It was a young boy, about 15 or 16 years old. I knew (I don't know how) that this boy had a problem, some kind of compulsion that led him to spy. My first reaction was violent, I threatened him and the boy got scared and started to walk away. When I saw him walk away I felt sorry, I had scared him and my reaction had been disproportionate and unsympathetic. So I called his name, "Marcelo" to get him to come back. He approached timidly, as if afraid. Then I spoke to him calmly and treated him with affection. We sat down and I began to talk to him, to tell him that the habit he had frightened other people, that I knew it was a very strong impulse that moved him to do it, but that he had to make an effort to control it, to discipline himself. The boy listened to me attentively, I felt that he was happy because for the first time in his life someone was showing him genuine affection and interest. I kept talking to him, telling him that I knew he was doing very well in school and that he was very smart. Again I saw a sparkle in his eyes, I saw that kind of look you get when you feel truly loved. Finally I approached him and said in his ear something like, "The universe gives us talents, we can either waste them or do something good with them,.... What are you going to do with yours? I said goodbye telling him that whatever he needed help with for school that he should not hesitate to come to me, that I would gladly help him, WHATEVER IT WAS.

At that moment I woke up and the sensations I had were very intense. In the process of going through the dream, two feelings expressed in a couple of words kept repeating in my mind: "faith" and "true love". At first I did no analysis, I was absorbed and inundated by these feelings. The idea of having experienced for a very small fraction of time that purest form of love was almost ecstatic, it felt different because it was a love given without expectation of return, without expecting anything in return.

Later sharing it with friends solidified in me the idea that the dream did not reflect what "I am" at all (and that is very clear to me) but what I aspire to, that person I aspire to be. In my daily life my true state is in constant flux between confidence, worry and fear... and not only the fear of what might happen and how to protect my family, but the fear of how I will behave in the face of crisis and chaos, will I be the person I want to be or will I be reduced and degraded to an instinctive, almost animalistic version of myself?

The final feeling is that somehow my dream allowed me to peek into a potential future for myself, something that is within the possibilities if I keep doing what is right, what is adequate, but at the same time I also felt it as a kind of "caress" from the Cosmic Mind, as if She had told me in my ear: "Calm down, do not be afraid, you can be everything you pretend to be, just pay attention, do not fall asleep, make an effort and keep transforming yourself day by day, step by step, into a better person".

Well, that's all :-)

Thanks for sharing! Interesting dream. I think the character named Marcelo is very important. Do you think it is you, or one part of you in this Marcelo? And the love you feel for him comes from another part of you, your inner guide, or something more spiritual? That gives you a sort of insight of what you will be in a dramatic situation or what you are now, accepting love and accepting what will come with faith and courage.

Thanks for sharing! Interesting dream. I think the character named Marcelo is very important. Do you think it is you, or one part of you in this Marcelo? And the love you feel for him comes from another part of you, your inner guide, or something more spiritual? That gives you a sort of insight of what you will be in a dramatic situation or what you are now, accepting love and accepting what will come with faith and courage.

Well, a friend told me something along the same lines and it certainly could be possible, but to be honest I didn't feel "resonance" with that interpretation. I think of him more like a representation of the human being in general and at the same time I see my compassionate, helpful and also assertive attitude as a model of the kind of human being I aspire to be. That said, as I commented above, I don't think I'm very good at interpreting dreams, so it's possible that "Marcelo" represents some aspect or facet of myself.

I think everything that appears in a dream represents an aspect of yourself even objects, houses, cars, bicycles, food, etc. I am not good me also interpreting dreams. What is important is what you feel, you the dreamer, about the dream. After all it is you who had the dream! And what you feel when you wake up. We can see that this dream is very important and also very insightful for you.

Back
Top Bottom