Dreaming in a Totalitarian Society

An image from the ending of a dream. I was at a finishing line and there was someone who had been running a course, like a few km or a track in the open air. He was wearing a tank top, or sleeveless shirt, (no mask). As he reached the finishing line, a strong bodied official, jumped at him and jabbed him in the shoulder. His reaction was profuse crying as how it is illustrated in a comic strip with tears flying all over, but there was no sound, just that comic strip-like image of a human figure. The scene of the surprised and forced jab could well be related to posts, one and two, that I had put up in the Corona thread, and theme wise associated with living in a society where democracy is an increasingly transparent facade. The place I live in is not yet as totalitarian as some, but how long may that last? What is worrying is that there seems to be little local discussion and solidarity with the plights of others, even if they are not that far away, in fact within the EU just across the border. It is as if there for many is no democracy to worry about, even talk about, with even one former vocal advocate for free speech arguing the case of mandatory injections, and he is not alone. What wonder then if one wakes up from a sad dream, only to realize it is not very different from what is happening all around?
"What is life? A frenzy. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a fiction; and the greatest good is small; that all life is a dream, and dreams, dreams are."

Calderon de la Barca

I had a dream last night where I was shown multiple people (not me or anyone I know) on their life paths being nudged into a different life path, as if they were being coerced (unknowingly) into one main path not of their original choosing. It was as if the nudging was done in such a way as if they themselves chose to change course, so it’s still their free will.

There was an odd feeling associated with the dream, not necessarily the feeling of giving up but of feeling tired or dispirited.

I woke up with a strong message of a need to stay vigilant, that awareness of the choices we make right now are crucial.

I had a weird dream. It was a city of white buildings and there was a river. In that area along the river they had put red cross tents, large tents, there were people in blue robes on the beds, I suspect they were like mobile hospitals. All the beds were occupied and the tents were guarded by the army, by soldiers in green uniforms. I was seeing people in the tents and I tried to walk as fast as I could to pass unnoticed.

It seemed that something bad had happened. I did not see people in the streets only in the tents.

Suddenly I heard a crash and a car fell into the river with a great roar. I kept walking,

This morning I woke up with the memory of another dream that included soldiers dressed in green and a feeling of oppression.

I am walking through the facilities of what looks like a high school. The students gather outside the door, inside I can see soldiers dressed in green and have taken over the school facilities. The soldiers look great and aggressive, the students look poor.

Suddenly the order is given and the soldiers begin to chase the students. I run and with some of them we get into a building and go up to a floor. I ask them to remain calm. I tell them that we are going to go out but not to run. Only six women pay attention to me and I tell them to sit on the stairs as the soldiers enter the building and go up the stairs without paying any attention to us. The others seem unlucky. I don't hear anything anymore.

We went out and walked slowly trying to avoid the inquisitive gaze of the soldiers. We find a soldier on a motorcycle and I joke with him and he lets me take his helmet from him, but then he gets mad and shows me his rifle and I walk away.

After that I no longer see the group of students. And the landscape has changed, now there is snow everywhere, it seems that a great snow has fallen. The soldiers are watching and it seems they have taken control.

Few children play now in the snow with ski equipment. I think they belong to families that are wealthy due to the cost of the equipment. There are no more students, everything is calm.

I´m having nightmares for over a week now. Maybe even 2 weeks. Every night I wake up kicking and screaming.
Always some invisible ghosts, demons, ect.

This night i.e. I dreamed that some hostile "ghost" (or whatever) grabbed my arm and I was left with a big red scar on my whole arm.

I had a knife in my right hand and somehow this ghost transferred to a doll who then started to move.
Then I picked up the doll and throw it out and felt somehow released.

The first time after weeks I felt calm after waking and realizing I´m alone in my bed; usually, my partner would wake me up during my kicking and screaming.
This time I was left alone and after this ordeal, I woke in a flash, and I felt calm. Maybe I finally finished something in my dream....

Anyway, I don´t feel comfortable going to bed, wondering what the night might bring... I´m so tired.... Maybe this night will be better.

I even stopped using melatonin a week ago or more, wondering maybe I have such colorful dreams because of it. Noupe, nightmares kept coming...

I´m having nightmares for over a week now. Maybe even 2 weeks. Every night I wake up kicking and screaming.
Always some invisible ghosts, demons, ect.

This night i.e. I dreamed that some hostile "ghost" (or whatever) grabbed my arm and I was left with a big red scar on my whole arm.

I had a knife in my right hand and somehow this ghost transferred to a doll who then started to move.
Then I picked up the doll and throw it out and felt somehow released.

The first time after weeks I felt calm after waking and realizing I´m alone in my bed; usually, my partner would wake me up during my kicking and screaming.
This time I was left alone and after this ordeal, I woke in a flash, and I felt calm. Maybe I finally finished something in my dream....

Anyway, I don´t feel comfortable going to bed, wondering what the night might bring... I´m so tired.... Maybe this night will be better.

I even stopped using melatonin a week ago or more, wondering maybe I have such colorful dreams because of it. Noupe, nightmares kept coming...
Hi Mari, I am sorry for your situation, I understand very well what you say, I also used to feel a lot of stress just thinking about going to sleep, just to share my experience in some way similar to what you say and different or something that changed in me 2 years ago.
I also used to have a lot of dreams with ghosts for many years, always getting up tired and with very little energy for the day, about two years ago I reached a point where I got very angry about this stressful situation and somehow I got a lot angry inside me and with a little bit of courage, I made some inner strength, I don't know much about ghosts, but somehow I understood very well that there is no reason to give them your energy and feed them with fear, in my case I simply got very very angry and I said enough, "get out of here", and I feel that they don't bother me anymore, I am no longer afraid of them, I was so much tired of the situation, that surely my inner peace and tranquility are worth more.
I still have some dreams with ghosts but they are different now if there are some annoying ghosts, I see myself in the dream banishing them with a loud prayer in the name of God or Jesus, it is curious, I guess something changed inside me. Recently I heard a very little girl ghost, about a year old, following me, it was strange, but I didn't feel afraid. I guess it might not be bad those experiences if somehow you can learn from them, except when these phenomena affect your inner tranquility, or I guess maybe they could be triggers to see something else that could be happening with ourselves, it occurs to me that, but the truth is I don't know much about this phenomenon either, I just share my experience, I hope it doesn't make noise.

take care 🌷

Several days ago I had a disturbing dream, it was a bit abstract as if I could not or had the ability to see it, or something in my eyes or vision prevented me from seeing it, only a part of it I could perceive, it was very short:

-I was outside, I could perceive something like a mountain or an open place and I saw some "black things", they were not airplanes or people, I had the impression that they were aliens, putting something on the high peaks of the mountains or on the planet, it was very confusing the image, I felt shocked and fear, then I closed my eyes and I started to sing a song about Jesus, and I sang and sang, the lyrics in my song said that he was with me and he loved me.

Although the dream was disturbing for me, it was also very comforting.

I had a disturbing dream I thought I'd share since it was so vivid. I was standing outside my city's cathedral and there were furry human type people wandering about (they looked a bit like Ewoks from Star wars!). They were kind and friendly and talked about trivial things and gardening, making tea etc. The cathedral was made out of metal instead of limestone and there was something ominous about it. Suddenly it started to rain stones (like tiny bits of gravel) and things started to change. The sky changed colour (but I can't remember what colour it turned). The furry people started to get tiny red spots on their fur. The spots began to spread turning into huge open sores and their fur started to turn bloody. For some reason I wasn't effected by this and I tried to help them. The frightening thing was they didn't notice and carried on talking about gardening and tea and totally trivial things and all the while they were slowly turning into horrific bloody creatures.
Suddenly there was an earthquake and parts of the cathedral collapsed. A volcanic eruption occured and lava started flowing like a river and melting the cathedral. The whole landscape started to change. The 'furry' creatures were now horrific bloody things covered in blood and matted fur with red eyes and I ran about trying to help them and make them see they weren't well. None of them noticed their sores or that the others with them were ill. They were completely oblivious to what was happening! They began dying. Finally the last one talking about making a nice cup of tea stepped into the fast flowing river of lava and died and I was alone in this hellish looking landscape of ruins and lava. Then I woke up.

Over the past few months, starting in the fall, several plots have passed through my dreams.
- At first there was a series of dreams about the persecution of me by some people.Their goal was to kill.
- Then there were particularly disturbing dreams where I couldn't find my way home. At the end of an interesting dream I woke up in fear and thought: why I can't get out and get home!?
-Then there were the dreams that have dramatically changed the weather suddenly became cold, and we fled from the frost, but abruptly fell into the flood, when the water was first ankle legs, and then up to the neck.

- Then I had several dreams with a fairy-tale plot, where several worlds or realities were present in parallel:
1. In November 2021, on Sunday morning, I woke up from a dream in which "my sister called me and said that she was in the hospital. To which I was very surprised in my dream, because nothing like this was planned." On the same day, in reality, I found out that one of our aunts was hospitalized with covid, and Redrock was also hospitalized. I thought the dream was about that.

2. But on Tuesday morning I had a difficult dream, in which I remembered only the end. The part where "Andrey and I got into a parallel reality. Literally, together with other people, we fell out of our world into another. It turned out that this other world exists simultaneously with ours, we just don't see it. And it has completely different rules. We are not the main ones, but other creatures - pigs 🐷. They live in houses, go to work, wear clothes (except shoes, I saw hooves), but their main goal is to hunt and kill us humans. According to the plot of the dream, we live in the house of one such pig family, in the role of pets. We can't wear clothes, we can't work, we just have to sit on the floor by the sofa like dummies. Most importantly, we must not show that we are intelligent beings. Otherwise, we will be killed immediately and without regret."

Exactly 2 hours later, when I woke up, my sister called me and said that she had a cold with a temperature of 39 and was now at the doctor. She was told to be treated at home for at least 10 days. She was sick with Covid with the whole family six months ago and the symptoms were not suitable, but rather similar to the usual flu. Then I remembered the dream and the pigs.:huh: Maybe it really was a parallel world of swine flu viruses. ;-)🐽 By the way, almost 20 children from her class got sick earlier (she is a teacher at school), and this happened after a big event at school 3 days before the illness. Then the infection spread to children throughout the school. In our city, too, there is an increase in the incidence of influenza among schoolchildren and adults. The doctors say that our usual normal flu has returned!

I had two dreams recently that had totalitarian motifs.

Last night I dreamt that there were huge fireworks outside my home, people were coming out to witness them and then spaceships appeared that looked like smaller versions of the Death Star from Star Wars. The 'aliens' apparently wanted people to get vaccinated and all the people in my vicinity gladly submitted and told me that I was being irrational for refusing to do so. I hid in my room, but they found me in the end. The alien that found me looked like the Borg, and it scanned and profiled me, I remember that it scanned for several things, including something like moral integrity and levels of submission. It asked me whether I consent to doing what they wanted and I rejected, knowing that torture or death awaited me, but when I said no they let me go or disappeared.

And then a few weeks prior I dreamt of being in an Orwellian "Woke" dystopia, where people were being jailed or whatnot for refusing to use certain pronouns.

Fun times :).

I’m still dreaming about people and cycling through everyone I know it seems. One person is in my dreams regularly, last night in my dream he sent me a text message (in real life he lives in Sweden). The message said “over here the light is twisted”.

Not having any idea what this could mean I did an internet search on “twisted light”.
In physics it’s actually a thing, and the detection of twisted light is an indicator of gravity waves. Also dark matter can twist light. There was all sorts of info on twisted light.
I just thought that was a curious thing.

I woke up and my friend had sent me a text, but it did not refer to twisted light, rather he was clarifying some info I had given him about a shoulder rehab exercise.

I don't dream very much, but I think I found out what makes me dream - or remember my dream. The dreams happen when I nap. When I wake up early after staying up late, I recall dreaming when taking a nap during the day.

So, my last dream was weird and hazy... I was a fan of some guys gaming website, and so I had went to visit him and talk about his game, or website... It wasn't too clear. And we talked for a brief time and then we kind of drifted apart as if we were each in a dream... Well, I had other plans and was to go to the store, and other concerns, like catching the bus, time tables, ect. So, as I was getting ready to depart, I found myself looking for my boots. I couldn't find my boots. I looked in the entryway... And my search broadened. I asked my new friend if he knew where they could be, and he didn't know. He was as I said, kind of in his own dream.
I was getting frustrated as I was starting to worry about my schedule. And I looked down and noticed my boots on my feet! I was astonished and believed they were appearing and disappearing from my feet. I turned to this guy and told him excitedly what was happening, and kind of wondered if he had something to do with it... He responded by saying: 'It looks like you are back to being an archer'. He said it as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. I attempted to ask him what he meant, but as I pondered what he said, I woke up.

So, my interpretation is that I am playing a game where my main weapon is a bow, and my dream friend knows my conscious activities and left me to resume my game. But I think he may have wanted me to stay, so he made me think my boots were missing, because we had similar interests, but knew it was time for me to wake.

In these last days I had a persistent dream, it is not something very visual, it is something like a thought that comes in the dream, only one of these dreams was a bit visual and also sensations in it, it is about "another world" or parallel reality, like something tangible, like something that is near or comes, or is there and is close to be perceived, in this dream in some visual way, there was a little bit of constructions and people I don't remember anything specific in details just a general idea of an infrastructure around, what caught my attention is as if you could know things or something that had to do with communication through the senses and something like lines of something or energy that communicated with each other. I have the impression that it is like a natural phenomenon of the universe, it is something as natural as observing the change from day to night on our planet.
For sure it could be a way to internalize what I've read in other threads around here, i.e. the possibilities of upcoming changes.
I relate it to this thread because nowadays with the covid restrictions and the generalized tendency of totalitarian oppression, it is easier to see the division of realities between people who believe in lies and those who long for progress, welfare and truth is very noticeable, and I wonder about those changes that follow in this current state of our time, maybe it could be an interpretation of that longing for change.

In these last days I had a persistent dream, it is not something very visual, it is something like a thought that comes in the dream, only one of these dreams was a bit visual and also sensations in it, it is about "another world" or parallel reality, like something tangible, like something that is near or comes, or is there and is close to be perceived, in this dream in some visual way, there was a little bit of constructions and people I don't remember anything specific in details just a general idea of an infrastructure around, what caught my attention is as if you could know things or something that had to do with communication through the senses and something like lines of something or energy that communicated with each other. I have the impression that it is like a natural phenomenon of the universe, it is something as natural as observing the change from day to night on our planet.
For sure it could be a way to internalize what I've read in other threads around here, i.e. the possibilities of upcoming changes.
I relate it to this thread because nowadays with the covid restrictions and the generalized tendency of totalitarian oppression, it is easier to see the division of realities between people who believe in lies and those who long for progress, welfare and truth is very noticeable, and I wonder about those changes that follow in this current state of our time, maybe it could be an interpretation of that longing for change.
That’s really interesting Jess, keep us posted on what you think it means and if your sense of it develops.

My dream last night started out with a scene from work. We'd had so many donations for the Op shop section that they were blocking the door and I was asking 'how are the clients going to get in?' Then the scene shifted and my work site was now at the Freedom convoy in Canberra and all sorts of different groups had stalls in the camping area. I made my way toward an Aboriginal stall and one of the work clients was there. She was indicating another work client who had significantly changed her hair and clothes style and said 'If we hadn't let her express her individuality, things could have been a lot worse. She was addicted to drugs before all this.'

As I was making my way to another stall I saw a tiny black and white kitten on a grassy knoll and when I made my way over to it more kittens and a very pregnant mother cat appeared. The mother cat was extremely affectionate and friendly.

Then there was a disturbance in the crowd and I looked around to see chinook helicopters landing. The military was arriving. The helicopters were brightly coloured and made of plastic like kids toys. I decided to see if I could get up behind the grassy knoll to hide but also expected to see soldiers hiding up there so I was creeping up slowly trying not to let anyone see me. It turns out that there were soldiers hiding up there waiting to storm the crowd if they resisted ot tried to escape the soldiers arriving in the helicopters. The soldiers in the hills were more serious looking and their equipment was the real deal. I was caught from behind by some officials in plain clothes just as I caught a glimpse of the soldiers in the hills and a short blonde woman grabbed me by the arms. I decided to try to stay super calm so that I could figure out an escape plan at the right time. She held onto my arms securely and led me away towards a large bus sized motorhome. She loosened her grip on me and finally let go because I wasn't resisting. I told her I needed to go to the bathroom and she indicated a tight spiral staircase. There was barely room on the staircase to move and the bathroom at the top was similar to those on aircraft.

When I came back down my hand bag and luggage had been delivered and I rolled a smoke. I asked them if they'd also found my dog. They hadn't but they found some of her gear that was soon being stolen. I started yelling at the thieves but they argued back and when I looked closer, it wasn't my dogs gear after all. It was all too small for her.

My dream last night started out with a scene from work. We'd had so many donations for the Op shop section that they were blocking the door and I was asking 'how are the clients going to get in?' Then the scene shifted and my work site was now at the Freedom convoy in Canberra and all sorts of different groups had stalls in the camping area. I made my way toward an Aboriginal stall and one of the work clients was there. She was indicating another work client who had significantly changed her hair and clothes style and said 'If we hadn't let her express her individuality, things could have been a lot worse. She was addicted to drugs before all this.'

As I was making my way to another stall I saw a tiny black and white kitten on a grassy knoll and when I made my way over to it more kittens and a very pregnant mother cat appeared. The mother cat was extremely affectionate and friendly.

Then there was a disturbance in the crowd and I looked around to see chinook helicopters landing. The military was arriving. The helicopters were brightly coloured and made of plastic like kids toys. I decided to see if I could get up behind the grassy knoll to hide but also expected to see soldiers hiding up there so I was creeping up slowly trying not to let anyone see me. It turns out that there were soldiers hiding up there waiting to storm the crowd if they resisted ot tried to escape the soldiers arriving in the helicopters. The soldiers in the hills were more serious looking and their equipment was the real deal. I was caught from behind by some officials in plain clothes just as I caught a glimpse of the soldiers in the hills and a short blonde woman grabbed me by the arms. I decided to try to stay super calm so that I could figure out an escape plan at the right time. She held onto my arms securely and led me away towards a large bus sized motorhome. She loosened her grip on me and finally let go because I wasn't resisting. I told her I needed to go to the bathroom and she indicated a tight spiral staircase. There was barely room on the staircase to move and the bathroom at the top was similar to those on aircraft.

When I came back down my hand bag and luggage had been delivered and I rolled a smoke. I asked them if they'd also found my dog. They hadn't but they found some of her gear that was soon being stolen. I started yelling at the thieves but they argued back and when I looked closer, it wasn't my dogs gear after all. It was all too small for her.
The part which stood out for me when I read through your dream was...

The colorful plastic toy impression of the helicopters for public display, designed to create a reaction and excite/direct the crowd, while hidden in the bushes were the real forces. I think that deftly sums up the reality of the response to the current popular protests.

We have brassy announcements about $100,000 fines and seizing children and freezing donation accounts, and people react. Meanwhile, we must suspect that behind the scenes are serious, more subtle efforts.

I wonder if the short blond woman in your dream was not copy/pasted from a recent video you may have seen where a FaceBook commenter had her front door knocked on by a short, blond cop distributing information fliers about protest rights.

Back
Top Bottom