Dreaming in a Totalitarian Society

Hmmm it can be an internal struggle, very disbalanced. Actually theses dreams were strange because I was seeing the map of Palestine/Israel and it was bloody! and a voice was talking in English (i usually don't dream in English) and was saying something like "dansmark is attacking palestine, killing both Palestinians an Jews". The "S" in the middle of "danSmark" looks like saying Dan's mark (Daniel's mark or something?) I didn't know even where Denmark is on the map before this dream, and I am not from a cultural background where cross or crusaders are equated to rescuing people. I will try to draw associations to see what these two contries represent in an abstract manner :huh:
It passed now, I ruturned back to childish dreams like looking for some keys in order to open some secret passages in a house... :)

One article written by Laura and entitled "The True Identity Of Fulcanelli And The Da Vinci Code" deals with Dan, Danae, Don, ...

Here are some excerpts that might be relevant :

We find an interesting relationship between Cassiopeia and Danae in that they both are the “root” of the problem that leads to the main action of the story. Perseus is exposed to great danger in his efforts to “rescue” his mother, and Andromeda is similarly exposed to great danger as a “sacrifice” for her mother. For some reason, Danae cannot tell Polydectys “no” - he has power over her - and the much maligned Cassiopeia speaks for her daughter and the daughter’s beauty and this gets them both into hot water

The Celts called this constellation Ilys Don, or the “house of Don,” known as “Tuatha de Danaan.” In this role of Danae, she was the mother of Perseus. Thus we may see the combining of the two women, and the hieros gamos (sacred marriage) of Perseus to his sister, Andromeda as an expression of the androgyne of alchemy, achieving the "Great Work."

In Irish legend, we detect Don under the Irish form of her name, Danu or Donu, genitive Danaan or Donaan, and she is almost singular there in always being styled Divinity. From her the great mythical personages of Irish legend are called Tuatha De Danaan, or ‘the Goddess Danu’s Tribes,’ and sometimes Fir Dea, or ‘the Men of the Divinity.’

The last stage in the Welsh history of Don consists of her translation to the skies, where the constellation of Cassiopeia is supposed to constitute Ilys Don, or Don’s Court.

Niall said:
I think it's fascinating that someone undertook to record people's dreams in Nazi Germany. Encouraged by the C's, we are essentially doing the same thing here.

Excellent thread, also amazed that someone gave so much thoughts and energy to share with other so valuable dreams.

This days I dream a lot about army (I'm soldier too, but not one of them. I have my own mission, just pretending that I'm with them.) and one town that comes most often in my dreams is New York. I had never been there and never wanted to go there. Do not have any connection with NY. Even my common dreams are not any more wandering in strange and unknown town (in the past that was 80% of my dreams), sometime I still dream about New York, always alone, without money and having problem to get back home.

Even this thread is quite old, I think that is great idea that Laura mentioned:

Laura said:
So, the question is: what kinds of dreams are our readers having in this most "interesting" of times?

It looks like we always living in 'interesting times' ;).

In the time of last elections in USA and after I had a lot of dreams about Trump and Hillary particularly. But for some time, I didn't dream about it, except that Hillary sometime comes in my dreams with her mouth wide open. Just her silly face ;).

I will pay even more attention of my dreams after this. Thank you for posting this.

Happened on the night from 10th to 11th of April. Related to recent insanity with the virus

"(Busy megapolis. By buildings and street fashion it is USA around 1930-1940. Black & white or sepia & white colors everywhere.)

I am walking down the high street with a small group of people. Maximum 5. Every pedestrian we meet on our way has swastikas as a main detail of their outfit. General look of the public either indifference or virtue. I realize that we are about to get into trouble because our outfits are normal. I try to figure out what to do and how to carry on without wearing that symbol. When I do so we see other group of people dressed casual heading our way. They are so startled by the look of swastikas that they do not notice us in front of them."

My interpretation of this episode would be: If I am too immersed into horrible aspects of the situation, I may eventually become incapable of recognizing events of normality."

Well, I've had a few upsetting dreams in the past two weeks. Can't recall all the specifics, but they seem to be about being lost or abandoned, and some scary creature or person coming after me. People from my past seem to appear in them as well, like my mother, my cousins, people from school days.

I think something is definitely up "out there", but I don't know what. God knows, I've been through enough over the past year and a half to give anyone nightmares!

Now that I think about it, I had a dream a few weeks ago where I was actually crying out and apparently, I did so in reality and woke Ark up. He said I was just kind of moaning, but in my dream, I was really screaming.

I wonder if all of us are picking up on something unpleasant coming down the pike?

Well, I've had a few upsetting dreams in the past two weeks. Can't recall all the specifics, but they seem to be about being lost or abandoned, and some scary creature or person coming after me. People from my past seem to appear in them as well, like my mother, my cousins, people from school days.

I think something is definitely up "out there", but I don't know what. God knows, I've been through enough over the past year and a half to give anyone nightmares!

Now that I think about it, I had a dream a few weeks ago where I was actually crying out and apparently, I did so in reality and woke Ark up. He said I was just kind of moaning, but in my dream, I was really screaming.

I wonder if all of us are picking up on something unpleasant coming down the pike?

Interesting you post this.

I've been having some very unusual dreams over the last 2 weeks or so, including having very deep sleep.

Like you I can't recall all the details but I can recall some. The main characteristic of the dreams is how absorbing / deep they've been.

In one dream I dreamt of an old friend, a person I consider my closest friend who now lives on the other side of the planet and who I've not seen in 3 years. In another dream I dreamt I had come across some old buried train tracks. Started digging into the ground whilst in some woodland and lo and behold, there were these train tracks that had since disappeared into the earth with the passage of time. Yet in another dream, I was in the Caribbean, a place I've never been. Flying above, the island looked to be covered in lush green forests and heavy vegetation. I thought it strange as I didn't think any island over there was like that. I ended up on a pier and remember looking into the ocean. The water was clear and blue but I couldn't see all the way to the bottom due to the depth. It was very deep - in any case I saw various fish, including some eating some vegetation in the water.

Maybe there's something in the air?

Maybe there's something in the air?

Speculating:

My thinking is that maybe there's some subtle changes to energy fields or something along those lines? Away from the dreams I've noticed an activation in people of like minded nature and an injection of the desire across the board to connect and network. The desire for truth from certain quarters is unrelenting and certain things are starting to breakthrough to the surface.

People from my past seem to appear in them as well, like my mother, my cousins, people from school days.

Ive had similar dreams too over the last few nights. There were a few friends from the past (i hardly interact with them nowadays); lots of water bodies (lakes, rivers etc); and in one of them there was even a dead body of a former colleague....certainly feels like something is definitely up "out there".

I also have some strange dreams that I forget as I wake up because I have several things to do and I wake 1-1,5 h before my kids so I come to myself and get everything ready in peace and quiet.
But I have this strange sensation almost for hours.

I also dream some strange places and people I haven´t seen or think about in years...

This night, I remembered now, I dreamed of running from someone with my younger son; he looked a bit older/different than he really is, but I knew it was him, and we were running from room to room that looked like a mix of my brother´s house and his yard, but not quite, and all was like in ruins and we were trying to find a place to hide. I remember crawling on the floor, that was now dirt and broken bricks, crawling through some small doors that connected the rooms.

Then the dream morphed, but this time I was in a car with both of my kids, and I was driving them somewhere, again trying to get away from someone/something (which is strange because I don´t drive, I do have a license but I don´t have courage to drive a car, stupid of me, but what to say....)

A few days back I even dreamed of Laura (second time I dreamed of her ever); I came to some big house, it was rainy and getting dark and it was really bad weather. And went with Laura down and down the stairs of stone, and the walls were made of stones, like some old castle, and we came to some small stone room there in the middle was a round old stone well, and she was trying to figure out what was it´s secret and I stood there holding a lamp, I believe, and was totally confused on what to do and how to help her. 😅

edited: clarity

A month ago I had a dream about a creature, it was the most terrible nightmare I have ever had.
At the beginning of my dream everything seemed very common and recognizable, I was inside a building and there were people gathered, then another person arrived to the group and I realized that it was controlling the people that were there and it seemed very unpleasant and my internal alert told me to get out of that place, then I am driving and I return to the same place, and instinctively I know that there is something wrong in this place and then, I can see that this person is chasing someone and then the continuity of "normality" or recognizable things changes to something horrible, this thing that seemed human is no longer human, it is something else, it is not human and it is eating a person, it is taking out his fluids and I can hear a very intense cry, that surrounds the whole scene and this creature is doing something with the fluids of the person, I see in a third plane creatures made from the fluids of the person.
It was horrible, I wonder if we are close to face the fact of seeing "aliens" ? it sounds horrible, but if that could be a reality in the not too distant future, I guess there is a point where you have to bring out the inner strength,
I wonder what it would be like if the total illusion of things as we now perceive them in every sense of the word were to fall away?

People from my past seem to appear in them as well, like my mother, my cousins, people from school days.
I’ve also been having dreams about people from my past. This has been happening for the past year. It seems like I am cycling through everyone I’ve ever known. Never about anyone twice (apart from one individual who often appears).
Last night I dreamt I found a baby owl with a broken wing and picked it up, it nestled into my sleeve trying to hide.
I kept holding it and wanted to get help for it but no one in my family would help me, and I had my hands full. It kept growing. And getting bigger and eventually I left it in a cardboard box in a store run by some Indian people (from India). No one would help me and I felt terrible when I went back for the owl and it was gone. I felt like I had abandoned it and woke up in tears.

I had a long time (time to do my 'work background') usual black and white nightmares that calmed down with my move 1 1/2 years ago.
This year (approx?), I find a deep sleep and no dream-memory, and it's the part of the time very unpleasant in fact (and not a good restful sleep). I feel like Something uncomfortable is covering and missing my memory. Moreover, during the day, I often feel deep discomforts-oppressions that I have learned to recognize now, but are 'for no reason': at first, I had made a connection with a kind of radiation captured and disturbing. It is very observable now and since the beginning of April it is further strengthened. I thought about it because of the readings too.
This absence of dreams and this deep sleep do not seem to me natural and these awakened discomforts very strange. A reversal, an upside-down world, like a nightmare that would be real.

J'ai eu longtemps (le temps de faire mon 'travail de fond') des cauchemars habituels en noir et blanc qui se sont calmés avec mon déménagement il y a 1an ½.
Cette année (~env ?), je retrouve un sommeil profond et sans rêve-souvenir, et c'est la plupart du temps très désagréable en fait (et pas un bon sommeil reposant). J'ai l'impression que quelque chose inconfortable me recouvre et manque à ma mémoire. De plus dans la journée, souvent je ressens de profonds malaises-oppressions que j'ai appris à reconnaître maintenant, mais sont 'sans raisons' : au début, j'avais fait un rapprochement avec une sorte de rayonnement capté et dérangeant. C'est très observable maintenant et depuis le début du mois d'avril c'est encore renforcé. J'ai pensé en raison des lectures aussi.
Cette absence de rêves et ce sommeil profond ne me semblent pas naturels et ces malaises éveillés très bizarres. Une inversion, un monde à l'envers -effrayant, comme un cauchemar qui serait réel.

oh... I've been having dreams lately about friends from my past who have either passed away or I don't see again.
i thought that opening photo albums would predispose me to these dreams.
Concerning my deceased friends, they always appear smiling well in their bodies, there is a lot of warmth in our reunion. Concerning those I don't see anymore or only a little, there are complicated scenes to the point where I don't remember much of the details, and I always have a kind of uneasiness afterwards.
Usually, my dreams don't feature many friends, but here they all show up (I guess because of the confinement).

(Deepl's translation of the text below)

oh... j'ai depuis quelques temps des rêves qui mettent en scène des amis de mon passé qui sont soit décédés soit que je ne revois plus.
je pensais que le fait d'avoir ouvert les albums de photos prédisposait à ces rêves.
Concernant mes amis décédés, ils apparaissent toujours en souriant bien dans leur corps, il y a beaucoup de chaleur à nos retrouvailles. Concernant ceux que je ne revois plus ou peu, il y a des scènes compliqués au point où je me souviens peu des détails, et j'ai toujours une sorte de malaise ensuite.
Habituellement, mes rêves mettent peu en scènes des amis, mais là ils s'invitent tous (à cause du confinement je suppose).

I have a feeling that something is coming. That everything is done.

Several people around me who are always, continuously, in conflict and generating negativity, are now strangely calm.

It is as if their services are no longer needed. As if what they have been doing all their lives is no longer necessary.

This has been going on for a month or so.

On the other hand, from my work, I see that people in general are becoming more and more upset, more crazy. And suicides and attempts are increasing in my city.

Signs of the times we live in I guess.

Back
Top Bottom