Dreaming in a Totalitarian Society

It appears that dreaming about people from the past may be a theme across a few of our dreams. Anyone else been dreaming of people from the past?
I dreamed about my father. I do not remember the dream but I felt that it was a good one. Evidently this dream influenced my days and helped me to remember my parents, but without anger. I am doing peace with them, finally. This covid non-sense helps to put us in front of us. Romantic books also. To do peace with our parents is not easy road. But fortunately is possible.

This night now I remember that I dreamed about a comet. I was looking the dark sky and a comet passed, brilliant and beautiful.

Speculating:

My thinking is that maybe there's some subtle changes to energy fields or something along those lines? Away from the dreams I've noticed an activation in people of like minded nature and an injection of the desire across the board to connect and network. The desire for truth from certain quarters is unrelenting and certain things are starting to breakthrough to the surface.
That's interesting. These past few weeks I met some people on the train who were doing just that. My latest encounter was with a man who apologised to me for not wearing a mask. I told him not to worry, and joked that I hadn't noticed since I was too caught up in my romance novel. :-D I think he was genuinely grateful, because he bought me a snack afterwards! That has never happened to me before. He talked about young people having a hard time and that he didn't want the vaccine. I talked about the lack of serious research. Somebody else must have complained about him not wearing a mask, but the train conductor who came up to him was actually very respectful. He lowered his voice, so nobody could hear what he was saying and just left him to it.

The man in question also told me to zip up my hand-bag, which was still open. All in all, it was a very positive chance encounter.

I don't recall my dreams often, but I have had some dreams about FOTCM members being surrounded by utter chaos and for whom things would turn out very badly (or for me). It looks as if I woke up in the dream feeling horrible, but then I reminded myself that it was just a dream. My feelings of doom and horror subsided immediately.

One thing I do is observe the people in my neighbourhood very closely (without looking at them), as I see them as a yardstick for when the madness goes up a notch or two. Last year when the madness started I noticed the hysteria in some of them. It was always present, but it became worse. These past few days people have started staring into my living-room. I checked with a family member who is not prone to paranoia, and he confirmed my hypothesis. So, I think yes, something is definitely up.

I've had some creepy dreams too. I had one where a winged creature was standing at my window and had a message, though the dream didn't scare me once I woke up, I just thought it was weird and I think it was the night when I couldn't sleep and then got sick in the morning.
Forgot to mention this: One of my family members had a fever. In the past he would wake me up as his deliriums were terrifying, so I was expecting it. But this time he woke up while he was pacing his room, but he wasn't terrified and could go to sleep again without needing my help. I very much hope this is a good thing. :-/

Same here! I recently had dreams of People from the past who I haven’t even spoke with since years ago, some of them like yours from school or high school times others dreams with people from past relationships, that was certainly weird.
I have the same story. About 1-2 months ago, I said to myself: "What kind of weirdness? This has never happened. Why do I see people from my past in my dreams every night or after 1-2 nights. They are like a gallery of portraits going through my dreams."

Then I thought that this was due to the regular EE and the transition to the keto diet (just 2 months on it). For one week I dreamed of dead relatives, then former classmates from school and university, friends and people with whom I had not communicated for a long time. And this is still going on.
Two days ago, I dreamed of a former job that I had not been in for 11 years and colleagues. Several times I dreamed about the school where I studied and my teachers. The dream ended with the fact that I suddenly found myself in the water, but in the dream I was surprised that I did not choke, but began to breathe water.

This night now I remember that I dreamed about a comet. I was looking the dark sky and a comet passed, brilliant and beautiful.
About a month ago, I dreamed that I was at the school of my childhood (this is often dreamed of) and at that moment a red comet falls from the sky right next to the building. Snow scatters, a light and then a sound wave covers me. But after sleeping I had no fear.
And a week ago, again in a dream, I was in my parents' house and through the window I saw a strong meteor shower. I thought it was due to the regular reading of the Sott summaries.
This period of unusual dreams is indeed quite long for me. It's good that these are not nightmares.

It appears that dreaming about people from the past may be a theme across a few of our dreams. Anyone else been dreaming of people from the past?
I have always dream very intensely and, with a few exceptions, can almost always remember my dreams. What actually struck me is that for about half a year I have been dreaming more and more of people from my past. At this point I started reading the romance novels.

Recently I've dreamed of my ex-boyfriend several times. It was the first real relationship in my life. It lasted 6 years and was very good and stable. Unfortunately, my immaturity and selfishness have destroyed this relationship. I hurt this man really badly.

Perhaps the appearance of all these people from our past is a clue to consider what kind of relationship we really had with them. Have we possibly harmed them? Without us being aware of it?

In my case, I have no way of apologizing in reality. So I meditated and imagined that he was standing in front of me. I told him I was very sorry for my behavior. And I asked him to forgive me.

Here's another example of a weird dream, also with elements of seeing a parent, being lost and finding myself in an unfamiliar/potentially dangerous surroundings. It happened on the night of March 28-29. I remembered it because it was the night of the Supermoon.

For the past several years I can count on one hand cases of really vivid dreams, and that was one of them. The theme involved my mother that I haven't talked to for the past 5 years. And although the thought about a possible reconciliation was on my mind, at the time of the dream it was kind of in the background, and I wasn't preoccupied with it.

In the dream I met with her on the street and proposed to buy an ice cream and then sit somewhere and talk. She agreed. The general atmosphere was guarded but friendly. And then when I went to buy the ice cream and came back to look for her, suddenly she was gone, or as another woman in the dream told me, she also went looking for me.

And then, because I was looking for her, I ended up in a part of town I perceived as potentially dangerous. I didn't have my bag with me, my mother had it, and at first I thought that I got so far away from the location, I may have trouble returning to the initial spot without taking a bus or a taxi. Only later on I realized that I had a phone with me, so could potentially order a taxi using an app. For some reason in the dream I didn't know her phone number, so calling her wasn't an option.

But the whole feeling while searching my way out of this part of town, and being vaguely familiar with the surroundings, that there was a potential danger, people were looking and behaving strangely, so there was a real need to leave the area as soon as possible in order to avoid problems.

At the time I thought that it was an interesting and pretty archetypal dream. The symbolism was rather simple, thought I couldn't quite understand if the "being lost" and not finding the way back was being lost in inner narratives regarding the situation, or it was a warning to what such attempt could lead to.

But knowing that others also had similarly strange dreams at the time, gives it an additional level of strangeness. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Me too. Recently I have a series of dreams where I was interacting with people that I haven't seen for years and some of them are dead for a long time. The general atmosphere was grim and not very good.

I wonder if all of us are picking up on something unpleasant coming down the pike?

I don't have vivid dreams all that often but one recent one really really stuck out to me. I was on a largish passenger plane full of random people I did not recognize flying over the ocean on a clear and sunny day. The nose began to dive and for a moment it seemed possible that the nose would go back up, but it didn't. The next moment screams of fear from the passengers begin as we all collectively realize that we are nosediving. Then, both engines burst into flames, some unbuckled people are floating and bouncing around the plane, and the screams of terror were unreal. The entire time I realize what is happening and what was about to happen and I just fought the fear rising in me with deep breaths. In the dream I was able to calm both my heart and mind up until the moment when the dream ended as we went splat against the ocean.

I shot up straight out of bed when that happened and my heart was beating like crazy! I was quickly able to calm myself down with some deep breaths and went straight back to bed without any issue!

Seemed pretty symbolic as to what is going on in the world. Society is collectively nosediving to an almost certain death and most people are just freaking out over what they have no control over. I felt pretty good about myself about how I handled myself in the dream. I think my calmness rubbed off on one older lady who was sitting next to me.

These past few days people have started staring into my living-room. I checked with a family member who is not prone to paranoia, and he confirmed my hypothesis. So, I think yes, something is definitely up.
Why would people stare into your living room? That seems very odd, even for one person to do it, let alone multiple people.

I had a dream this morning... it's short and vague.

I was walking along a shore, and on the shoreline were boats. They were not in the water, like in a boat yard. And they were medium sized - like 50ft or so. There was nothing special about them - not fancy, or neither sail boats, but like small commercial boats.
And as I walked by them, I walked on them, looking at their features.
A guy comes out, and wanted to know why I was walking on his boat, and I explained that I liked boats and wanted to see them. And he demanded a apology, so I apologized. I explained I was travelling, and after some conversation, I was to go to the nearby town, but the sailors wanted to talk more... I was sceptical about their friendliness, and thought they might mug me, but I was uncertain... that was all.

I’ve had a lot of dreams lately as well. It had been every night for about two weeks and before that I hadn’t remembered one in months. Confronting a dark shadowy figure in the basement, being attacked on the left arm, cutting off the left arm of someone else (this has been a theme popping up) as if it was a necessary sacrifice of some kind, surrounded by Sasquatch that were all around without realizing it and fending them off. Last week I woke up from one being in university and part of a class where we could smoke and seeing other FotCM members, then going to another class where the teacher was a fascist authoritarian attempting to indoctrinate us, only to get up and leave the class along with other people. So something is definitely up.

Last week I had three nightmare dreams which is very unusual in such a quick succession. In the first dream I was full of anguish because some personel tied perhaps to some shadow government, or (gestapo?) was going to storm the appartment I was in, and I was trying in haste to figure out what the heck is happening and how to move into safety. The dream was in night setting and in utterly foreign environs and it vent for quite some time, me running for life, climbing roofs until I shook them of my heels. And then following night I'd dreamt of something like follow up, but all the details are now gone. Finally the third dream two days later was giving me truly creeps. I was in the room where was group of unknown, devious people with ugly faces with bad teeth trying to get into my head. I only remember tension resisting them, being disgusted and manouvering out of their reach in thick atmosphere of something unpleasant, fogish, perverse and I have memory of their twisted grimaces on faces. I hope I have now in advance for a year to have a peace.

Have been recording notable dreams for the last few years, and have had an uptick in quite strong dreams and nightmares the last month or so.

1st one of note was back in Dec 2019 - I was out Christmas shopping with my sister, and then suddenly a towering giant man with glowing red eye appeared on the horizon. People panicked and scattered trying to avoid it's gaze. I hid out of his line of site behind buildings. Later I saw that he also destroyed a building in China.

29th Jul 2020 - Dreamed of possibly going blind or becoming mentally disabled in some way (from the vaccine), and the rest of the dream was my family helping me into sheltered accommodation (felt more like an open prison). I didn't say a word to anyone the entire dream.

Had some pretty intense dreams of fighting or running away from viscous criminals and gangs in August-September of 2020. I did overcome each situation though. Although I was also imprisoned and tortured by the UK state gestapo style in one dream.

Dreams and memories of old situations and people have been a semi-regular thing over the last year, but have ramped up a lot recently. Mostly though it's been memories coming to mind just as I wake up in the morning.

21st Feb 2021 - Had multiple nightmares this night (and echos the next night). Never had so many nightmares before.
Seeing a crow sat impossibly on the outside lip of my window staring at me. Jolted awake.
Having a verbal conversation with people on the forum, only to have them reply "Oh yeah Scottie's dead. Killed by a hit and run whilst on a bike ride". Jolted awake.
Dreaming I woke up, and saw my Dad standing on my landing gazing at the corner of the ceiling, then turning to look at me silently. He shouldn't have been their, and the thought that he'd died popped into my head. Jolted awake. In real life my Dads still alive, but has had the vaccine.

26th Mar 2021 - Dreamed of a FOTCM meetup in France, where I was volunteered by Ark to sing along with a song playing in the hall we where all in. I recognise the song or know the words but got up on stage anyway. Microphone was as heavy as a lead weight and I needed two hands to hold it, I had a card with the words on but I couldn't read them.

31st Mar 2021 (I think, didn't write this one down at the time) - Dreamed of being at a camping site or wildlife park with UK members. Had to go get supplies but the road was too muddy to drive down. Walked down a path and the scene changed to somewhere in the Middle East.
The desert had been flooded with a few inches of orange silty water, with lots of people walking through it.
I looked to my left and was left breath taken by the most stunning (but horrific) vista on the horizon of the desert. The sun was low, and was forming either a sunset or sunrise. Dark clouds in the sky above it, and three giant pillars of smoke where rising into the air as far as the eye could see. It looked like volcanic smoke, but was far too wide - three calderas? three huge meteor strikes? three nukes?
Some said "That's Israel" - it had been decimated by whatever it was.

Back
Top Bottom