Dreaming in a Totalitarian Society

I remember a dream that was quite recurrent in my childhood / adolescence. This began when, being in my house (my parents' house), I would go out to look out the window and see a dozen small lights moving from right to left, i remember the fear that it caused me and woke me up. my older sister also had those kinds of dreams (I would call it a nightmare).
Another type of dream is that of having to defend myself from a shadow, this was black and it was attacking me from behind.

Another one that i remember is being in a kind of war and at one point i enter a destroyed building, when i look down i see several small bodies like babies but with the typical gray face, i remember the hatred felt and how i began to crush their heads (yes, too much violence)

Another one that left me quite perplexed, this one about 3 years ago) is to be in a kind of tunnel, i was with a lot of people lining up, remember the reddish vaulted walls and lights on the ceiling, when suddenly i hear a voice that tells me "you must continue with the mission" ... i automatically woke up terrified (chills as i write this).

The last two nightmares were, the first with a kind of zombie that i saw eating a leg (i remember the first thing i thought is "yuck ... disgusting) I closed the door in silence, and put more firewood) (?)

And the last one a month ago is with lions, i don't know why, i was never interested in lions, but happend that where we lived there were lions outside, my little boy was playing with a white tiger that was quite old. at one point my brothers-in-law decide to feed the other lions in a quad bike and my partner was outside, i go to look for my son and i remember seeing the gaze of a young lion that begins to run crouching towards my partner and the moment she is close i slam the door shut because i knew it was her or my son. I remember seeing the look of the lion through the glass of the door and the blood ... that day i woke up with a feeling of guilt that i had never felt ...

I checked and there were no significant earthquakes reported anywhere so this is a sumbolic dream perhaps of my personal and emotional state.
Christmas trees are supposed to represent spiritual aspects.
In your dream there were first the earthquakes and then the Christmas tree. Maybe that sequence also has some significance, apart from Christman being less than four months away.

So another weird dream last night.
I was looking for a friend and I went into her house, it was completely empty her family had moved and I knew then she had been murdered by her father. I looked around the house and found a large silver surfboard big. The large surfboard bag contained a portfolio of plans for an alien takeover of the earth. There were large sheets of documents, the paper on the top had a hand drawn picture of the earth in the top third of the poster sized page. Underneath were some other notations that represented a time line. Following this was a bobbly line that depicted time as we know it stopping in the year 2022.

Then a team of aliens in human form were looking for their plans which I had seen and shown to a few other people. They were not happy about that. We raced around the house wiping our fingerprints clean off surfaces such as light switches and the left, running fast as we were being hunted. One of my team members was a big guy, like a cross between Mr. T (from the A-Team) and Andre the Giant. He was carrying two kids, one on his back, one front-ways. He was trying to carry them to safety whilst being chased through a subway station. We all exited the station and were driving around a large city motorway off ramp. And then we were all on foot again in a small ruralAmerican town. I was looking for a little boy, I found him and sat him on my lap to hold him, he was wearing an important silver bracelet. The bracelet had five discs linked together. I looked at the discs, each had a picture of a tree and the number five on it. I thought there are 5, 5’s.
The aliens wanted the kid.
Then I woke up.

Yesterday morning, almost out of bed and still a little drowsy, I had an image, as if I was watching a still from a movie or photograph, it was a horizon that had a very thick red cloud with orange hues, it was only a few seconds.

I don't know if that image is a curious way of reflecting that I have felt distressed, it is a kind of feeling that something very close is about to happen, I recognize that I am just repeating what we all already know about the events of change that are going to happen on the planet. I only comment it to refer to the feeling, maybe it happens to me that even when I could believe and rationalize that I could prepare myself a bit mentally for a big changes socially and environmentally, the emotions surface and I wonder if I can really be 100% prepared.

I don't know if that image is a curious way of reflecting that I have felt distressed, it is a kind of feeling that something very close is about to happen, I recognize that I am just repeating what we all already know about the events of change that are going to happen on the planet. I only comment it to refer to the feeling, maybe it happens to me that even when I could believe and rationalize that I could prepare myself a bit mentally for a big changes socially and environmentally, the emotions surface and I wonder if I can really be 100% prepared.
Thank you for sharing. Even if it may be something we have read or heard, there is for me something about dreaming that on occasions involve the emotions in new ways. Also in dream there can be images and imaginations, that widen my understanding of the possibilities. Do you experience the same?

A few weeks ago, there was for instance something about money loosing half their value, but then I could also be critical and say, I have been in two countries where just that happened, and much worse in fact. The dream could be just a reflection of past experiences and paranoia, but left me sad or wary; the image did not erase after waking up and is still there.

Thank you for sharing. Even if it may be something we have read or heard, there is for me something about dreaming that on occasions involve the emotions in new ways. Also in dream there can be images and imaginations, that widen my understanding of the possibilities. Do you experience the same?

A few weeks ago, there was for instance something about money loosing half their value, but then I could also be critical and say, I have been in two countries where just that happened, and much worse in fact. The dream could be just a reflection of past experiences and paranoia, but left me sad or wary; the image did not erase after waking up and is still there.
thanks thorbiorn also for sharing, personally I have not meditated much about the meaning, but I agree with you as the dream suggest those emotions in our mind or imaginary and are still present after the dream.

For me personally, I have started a small job in a local supermarket in my area, it's not the job I would like in my high goals, but it doesn't bother me either, in fact I like to go out for a few hours outside the house and be in contact or talk to people (the last four years I have been totally dedicated to my daughter and housework), I don't lack anything, but the money I have received I have done to do a more serious prepping, only yesterday I started canning, I can do it almost every day as much as possible. I have a good amount of canning jars, now that I am in contact with the supermarket I have everything at hand to monitor the meat and products.
I hope my previous comments do not make too much noise, I am commenting because my need for urgency sometimes wakes me up in the early hours of the morning, sometimes when I am not too tired I can not sleep, I wake up thinking that I still need to buy more clothes suitable for my daughter and me for extreme winter.
It is a feeling that I can't stop, it is a feeling of moderate to severe urgency almost in anxiety, I have started to smoke a little, and I have felt that smoking relaxes me.
Then going back to the dreams these last few weeks, in some of my dreams that seem to be an extension of what I do during the day, I dream that I am scanning products, which is what I do at my job, because I am a cashier there.

Then yesterday I had another one of those strange dreams, in it I was with some people that I felt were my family and we were getting ready for something, we were together in a group in a certain open space where I could observe water around as if there was flooding and a lot of steam as if it was fog, but this seemed a little traumatic event because it seemed that it was a kind of electric phenomenon, as if lightning was going through our bodies, as if it was the electric lightning of the storms, I could see many lightning bolts falling at the same time, as if it was an electric phenomenon between the sky or the top and the contact with the earth.
I don't know where this imagination comes from, it's interesting, I haven't seen any science fiction movie lately, it's curious that it's quite specific, but I don't know what else to say about it.

FWIW: Last night (or more the early morning, so a few hours ago) I either dreamt within a dream or I first had the first dream and then the second followed, but I remember my previous dream in my second dream. It was weird. But in any case, my first dream was kind of vague, I was checking live camera footage and saw the garden of my parents' house (there was a lot of snow) and suddenly see an intruder trying to get in. But then I see that the neighbors spotted him. In the end, and I don't know how, the intruder was stopped either from entering or from inside the house.

In the second dream I was at the Chateau, and one of the first scenes was me looking for the right broom to sweep the floor while talking to a few people there, I was in a good/happy mood. At some point, we were on a greeny hill, and many members were there. Apparently I could even see as far as Germany, (it was weird), because Learner couldn't make it to the big get-together, but I could still see her, between the plants, and woods, sitting and sipping tea. I even called her name out and waved at her and she waved back. I also remember thinking about Keit and hoping she's okay, because she lives further away.

Then I look at my left and I see a lady with reddish curly hair and wearing a dress, I think she was in her 40s or something. A member I didn't know, I think, or she's new. I could tell she was looking to talk to someone. Then while I look at her, I notice the pretty background, it was either a sunrise or sunset (or something else), but I said "Hey, the background looks pretty apocalyptic, if you want I can take a picture for you with that background!". She agreed, but for some reason I couldn't take a picture with my phone. Andromeda saw me struggling and started tapping on my phone screen to see if it can be fixed.

At some point (as I suddenly remembered), I told someone, I think Artemis, or a group of people, about a dream I had (the first one I mentioned) which gave me the gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. Something big. And on that hill, that gut feeling became worse, it felt as if a cometary impact was about to happen, but it could've been something else. It was eerie, but at least we were all together, in one way or another.

Yesterday morning, almost out of bed and still a little drowsy, I had an image, as if I was watching a still from a movie or photograph, it was a horizon that had a very thick red cloud with orange hues, it was only a few seconds.
Interesting, that was somewhat how the sky looked like in my dream.
I don't know if that image is a curious way of reflecting that I have felt distressed, it is a kind of feeling that something very close is about to happen,
I had the same feeling!

I had a dark dream two days ago. Men dressed in black with red faces were taking away people's free will and I had to run away leaving a friend behind who is getting caught. Later I found these men again on my way, they had guns and wanted to prevent people from voting. For me this symbolic "vote" refers to our free will. It is chilling.

Last night I had a dream being in a kitchen. There was a confrontation with another figure. He pulled out a small knife. I got a bigger one from a drawer. Then he got a mid size knife. I found a nice meat knife I thought was the biggest in the drawer. Then he grabber TWO big knives. Maybe one was a cleaver. We left the house to the front yard. (Into public view / out of the inner self) I contemplated striking first to gain an advantage but realized it would Only lead to a bloodbath for both of us. (A sort of temptation to fight to “win” with my own karmic harm involved). He came close to my face with wild eyes and a macabre and aggressive grin as he held the knives. I said “you know this would be murder”. (And carry massive negative Karma For him). I woke up.

Since I had covid my dreams disappeared but they've now started coming back. Been having movie-like dreams usually of a "fantasy" related nature involving strange places and people but in a somewhat cohesive story within the dream world.

Last night I dreamt I was in one of the poles - could only tell as it was an icy and snow filled mass of land. A volcano, looked like some super volcano went off and there was a huge panic. I remember seeing the plumes shoot up into the sky and the cloud start to advance. The volcano didn't come from a mountain but looked to be from the ground, so the ground exploded essentially.

It was interesting as the volcano wasn't the thing that brought devastation. The volcano also brought forth witches of all things. Women with supernatural powers who had intentions that was enough to scare me. In the dream one was after me and I tried to escape but it was bloody difficult.

Either this witch or something else turned me to a fly and I thought it'd be easier to escape from the witch in question but nope, it was difficult. Somehow she was locked in on me and no matter where I went I could feel her approach. Weird dream....

Then yesterday I had another one of those strange dreams, in it I was with some people that I felt were my family and we were getting ready for something, we were together in a group in a certain open space where I could observe water around as if there was flooding and a lot of steam as if it was fog, but this seemed a little traumatic event because it seemed that it was a kind of electric phenomenon, as if lightning was going through our bodies, as if it was the electric lightning of the storms, I could see many lightning bolts falling at the same time, as if it was an electric phenomenon between the sky or the top and the contact with the earth.
I don't know where this imagination comes from, it's interesting, I haven't seen any science fiction movie lately, it's curious that it's quite specific, but I don't know what else to say about it.
Thank you for sharing Jess! It gave me ideas along with other posts and circumstances to write a post, that mentions lightning. In that reply, I did not mention reading about lightning in your dream, as I was not sure it would be right linking to it. After all, it is easier for you to mention your dream there, if you like, than for me to withdraw a link if I sleep on a job done and then wake up with regrets. Dreams, even if shared can be very personal, and here they all appear in context, but read alone? Still, I should very much like to express my heartfelt thanks to you, along with good wishes that all will be safe and well for you and your family.

My soulmate was supposed to take second Pfizer shot today. This night she barely slept. She had a short dream where she went through experiment. Instead of vaccine she actually got a poison and pieces of metal injected under her skin. "Must be because of stress" she added after telling me the dream:( She was too tired to do the shot today.

She decided to get vaccinated in order to travel and to evolve in carrier path she had chosen. When she tried to hide her first shot I wasn't happy to say at least. At the same time I don't feel it is right to stop her from doing what she decided.

Had a weird dream. Started out on the sea. In front of me are a number of war boats. The people I'm with need to get through but they seem to be getting shot by the war boats. In the boat I'm on, which is smaller, rather than go through the war boats we decide to go away from them. The scene zooms out and I can see our small boat zipping through the water at speed, the war boats turn and start to chase - they move surprisingly fast but can't catch us. We appear to be getting away but then the sea turns to a river which then turns to some mud patches meaning we can't go through on boat and therefore lose our advantage. We get out pick up our boat which is now like a canoe and start running across to find the lake / sea which we expect to be on the other side of this place we were now on. At this point we're now being pursued by people from the war boats. Running with the canoe means we move slower and therefore allow these people to catch up.

From a distance I get shot by an arrow on the shoulder but I keep moving. We soon get to a cliff or high wall and on the other side is the sea again. We take a leap over, land on the water and get on the canoe and start paddling. The problem is we aren't moving fast enough and one person from the war boat party is now at the cliff. Him being at a high vantage point means he's got a clear line of sight to us. I can see him take aim with his gun - in desperation I try to zig zag so he misses but when he shoots he hits me. I fall into the water, seemingly on the way to dying. Here we have an exchange, not sure how, but I tell him he won't get my family as they've now got away. He answers that it doesn't matter they've got away, that me dying will mean I'm not there to bring up my kids(!) and therefore influence them as they grow.

Back
Top Bottom