Earthquakes around the world

6.9 magnitude quake strikes in eastern Indonesia, tsunami alert issued

A 6.9 magnitude earthquake struck off the northeastern coast of Indonesia’s Sulawesi island late on Sunday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, prompting authorities to issue a tsunami warning for eight cities near the epicenter.

The quake struck out at a revised depth of 36 km (22 miles) and several aftershocks followed, according to the Indonesian geophysics agency BMKG. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

The agency had not lifted the tsunami warning over an hour after the quake, a spokesman stated. “We have not ended it because we are still monitoring the tide gauges for high waves...though none have been recorded yet,” Rahmat Triyono, a BMKG official, told Kompas TV.

Residents in some cities panicked as tremors shook buildings and authorities urged people to seek higher ground.

Some hospitals in the city of Ternate, around 130 km (80 miles) from the epicenter, sustained minor damage and had to evacuate patients, according to media.

Residents in the seaside resort city of Manado, 185 km (115 miles) from the epicenter, said the quake was felt strongly for several seconds but no damage was reported.

RC on SOTT has posted (or his respondents have posted) suggestions that the 6.4 quake in Ridgecrest was underground weapons testing. Certainly the region is a military testing area (China Lake Weapons Station is right there). Are there any discussions going on here in the forum?

I certainly enjoyed the ride during the 7.1 the following day!

RC on SOTT has posted (or his respondents have posted) suggestions that the 6.4 quake in Ridgecrest was underground weapons testing. Certainly the region is a military testing area (China Lake Weapons Station is right there). Are there any discussions going on here in the forum?

I watched Dutchsinse this weekend and his analysis of the two earthquakes and aftershocks...he expects another big one in Calafornia if the energy doesn't move east across the North American Craton...no mention of NAWS, but if I recollect correctly, I don't think I've ever heard him credit an earthquake to anything other than natural events. Oh, and he mentions on Twitter that he and his wife were shot at or 'swatted' at the weekend!

I watched Dutchsinse this weekend and his analysis of the two earthquakes and aftershocks...he expects another big one in Calafornia if the energy doesn't move east across the North American Craton...no mention of NAWS, but if I recollect correctly, I don't think I've ever heard him credit an earthquake to anything other than natural events. Oh, and he mentions on Twitter that he and his wife were shot at or 'swatted' at the weekend!

The two California earthquakes and aftershocks are also near or within the Coso Volcanic Field. What I find most interesting about the China Lake Weapons Station is that it runs a Geothermal power plant in the area of the Coso Volcanic Field.

The two California earthquakes and aftershocks are also near or within the Coso Volcanic Field. What I find most interesting about the China Lake Weapons Station is that it runs a Geothermal power plant in the area of the Coso Volcanic Field.
Yes, and they started this in April...http://www.greenfireenergy.com/first-field-scale-demonstration.html
I have no idea if this is capable of causing earthquakes of this magnitude. I wonder if they will be asked publicly to prove it can't. Most fracking companies are called to account (here in the UK, at least).

Yes, and they started this in April...http://www.greenfireenergy.com/first-field-scale-demonstration.html
I have no idea if this is capable of causing earthquakes of this magnitude. I wonder if they will be asked publicly to prove it can't. Most fracking companies are called to account (here in the UK, at least).
Sorry, that didn't come up as a link...I started from here...https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristinaKTLA/status/1146878046965600256 hope that works.

Massive crack from 7.1 California quake viewed from Satellites
TheEarthMaster Published on Jul 8, 2019

Friday’s magnitude 7.1 earthquake near Ridgecrest, California, was nothing to sneeze at. The shake, which triggered gas leaks, power outages, and fires, was felt from San Diego to Sacramento. And it ripped open a new fissure in the Earth that didn’t escape the notice of humanity’s ever-growing satellite fleet.

Before-and-after imagery captured by Planet Labs Inc. on July 4 and 6, respectively, shows a gash appearing in the ground roughly 10 miles northeast of Ridgecrest, California, pretty much exactly above the location of the magnitude 7.1 quake. The shake, which occurred at 8:19pm local time on Friday, July 5, is the largest quake to occur inside the state of California since 1999, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) says the earthquake occurred at a depth of about 8 kilometers (5 miles), and was the result of strike-slip faulting (plates grinding against each other in a roughly horizontal fashion) at a juncture of the Pacific and North American tectonic plates known as the Eastern California shear zone. It’s part of a sequence of earthquakes that began rippling across the region last week and was preceded, less than 36 hours earlier, by a magnitude 6.4 foreshock on July 4.

Because of the logarithmic nature of the earthquake magnitude and energy scales, the July 5 quake released approximately 11 times more energy than its magnitude 6.4 predecessor. (It also released substantially more energy than the atomic bomb at Hiroshima, per this handy USGS graphic.) It’s unsurprising, then, that the ground around the epicenter cracked up a bit, although it still speaks to the awesome power of the event that this is so clearly visible from orbit.

563947054874ee996fe0b3de82c93f40.png

I will say this much about this quake, it definitely felt different. Having ridden every California trembler in the last 50 years, this one was unlike any other. It’s difficult to put into words but, this one had a long onset. So subtle that at first I thought I was just feeling my heartbeat. Then it became clear that it wasn’t me, something was moving. I say moving because there was no shaking. This earthquake did not shake, quake, tremble, or shudder. It swung. It rode, like a car on a smooth, undulating road. You know those arcade rides where you sit in a little cockpit with a steering wheel and a video screen, and it goes up and down and corner to corner with the video displaying a ride off-road? That’s what it felt like. Every other earthquake I’ve been in rumbled. You could hear it coming. This was absolutely silent. The only sound was the occasional creak of the house. I wouldn’t really call it an earthquake. It was more like someone picked up the whole world, walked it down a long hallway, and placed it in a new location.

July 9, 2019 - Another Quake Jolts Southwest Iran
Another Quake Jolts Southwest Iran - Society/Culture news - Tasnim News Agency
Another Quake Jolts Southwest Iran

A day after a person was killed and over 100 others were injured in a magnetite 5.7 earthquake hitting Iran's southwestern province of Khuzestan, an aftershock panicked the people in the same area.

According to Tasnim dispatches, the magnetite 4.1 quake hit Masjed Soleyman in Khuzestan province on Tuesday morning.

Data from the Seismological Center of the Institute of Geophysics of Tehran University showed the location of the quake at 19 km from Masjed Soleyman and 35 km from Qaleh-ye Khvajeh.

The temblor occurred at a depth of 9 km, causing the people in surrounding villages and cities to panic.

From (disinformation) Popular Science! Many reports of animals sensing an impeding quake 24 hrs before.

Mid snip: Ula ChrobakJuly 9, 2019 9-11 minute Read.
Our pets can predict earthquakes
f90142b4b346222351b6f6bb9d2b5b20.png

Accounts of animals acting weird before earthquakes date back to ancient times. Today, some people describe their dogs barking or their cats taking shelter in the hours leading to a tremor.

“There’s a chance that there’s some germ of truth to that,” says Hough, because pets might be able to sense the first wave of an earthquake, called a P or compressional wave, which rolls through just before the obvious movement occurs. “Sometimes dogs and some animals will react to the first wave, the compression wave—they’ll feel it and we won’t,” says Goulet.

But this ability would only kick in in the seconds before an earthquake. Hough says that there’s no scientific evidence for pets having a built-in early warning system for earthquakes. She says that in one study, scientists tested this hypothesis by looking at shelter records to see if pets were more likely to run away before an earthquake. But that didn’t hold up, and there were actually more pet escapes after earthquakes than before.

It’s probably another case of us searching for order—a way to make sense of a shocking event. We might not normally notice or care if our dogs are acting antsy, but this observation takes on a new significance after an earthquake. “Maybe Fluffy ate something she shouldn't have,” says Hough. “You can identify all sorts of things that you think are significant that aren’t.”

Did the 7.1 Ridgecrest quake cause more stress on the San Andreas fault?
TheEarthMaster Published on Jul 10, 2019

Terrel made a good point today on the Cali quakes today, how they are going 'deep'... for Cali that is, which is anything over 15km... which seems to be affected by that magma flow connection/channel out of Hawaii from last year's activity... same process worldwide.

Terrel made a good point today on the Cali quakes today, how they are going 'deep'... for Cali that is, which is anything over 15km... which seems to be affected by that magma flow connection/channel out of Hawaii from last year's activity... same process worldwide.

Terrel's emphasis on a "black star" makes me wonder where he picked up on the idea. Maybe from this forum? He says he is not that concerned with the solar minimum activity but more with the "black star"'s influence.

While he has some interesting theories I think he is doing a lot of guessing about the "magma flow".

Even the main stream science is like the "blind leading the blind".

Session 23 March 2013:
Q: (L) Well I noticed that there were so-called "floods of the millennium" in various places in Europe back in, what was it? 1997? When Hale-Bopp was flying around the sky. And now we have a couple of comets. We had Hale-Bopp and Hayakatuke at the same time, didn't we? There was something else, either before or after, or right along at that same time. Now we have a couple more comets. Is there any relationship between these comets and our weather?

A: And so much more!

Q: (L) You mean so much more influences our weather than just comets?

A: Yes

Q: (L) So Earth really isn't a closed system where it would be possible for... Well, I don't want to say that. It's just not a closed system and there are all kinds of things on Earth that are influenced by the solar system?

A: And more.

Q: (L) From outside the solar system... From the universe?

A: Yes. But scientists have been blinded by being led by the blind!

Q: (L) Hmm. So you say, "Scientists have been blinded by being led by the blind." Do you mean that...

A: When science is used for killing they have lost their honor and their way. Remember the parable of the talents. The man who was afraid and hid and hoarded? Then when the master came he was cast into darkness with the weepers and wailers. Thus shall it be yet again.

Q: (L) Well, we notice that the weather has really gone freaking crazy all over the planet. There are gigantic sink holes opening up in place after place. There are more and more creatures being washed up from the oceans on beaches by the thousands - or even millions, dead. (Andromeda) Storms, tornadoes. (L) Places were tornadoes don't usually happen. Migrations. What kind of migrations? (Kniall) Dolphins. (L) Oh, that incredible mass migration of dolphins. And wasn't there one of sharks, too? (Andromeda) That was last year, but yeah. (L) Creatures being found in strange places...

A: All stimulated by the approaching wave.

Q: (L) Stimulated by the approaching wave? They sense something, is that what you're saying?

A: No, the wave and its electrical and magnetic components affect the entire solar system thus, the Earth and certain geological events; this then can lead to mass deaths.

The Wave is even beyond the scope of just the brown star/black star if you ask me.

It truly is shaking in California. There is an earthquake every minute as the map below shows. Yes, every minute! That is perhaps releasing tension, yet most of the earthquakes are small and could instead make an even bigger earthquake possible.
Snip20190710_66.png

Below is a map 11 hours later:

index_map.gif

In that time frame, 652 earthquakes happened, which means 59 earthquakes per hour. The 10691 earthquakes all happened in the map area within the last 7 days, which makes it 63 earthquakes per hour.

Michael Snyder in an article, mentions the fact that there are 5 nuclear reactors sitting close to the San Andreas fault line and one on the coast. The media is not mentioning this, but one can easily see how in a short time California could become hell on earth. He says:

One angle that hasn’t really been talked about much is what would happen to California’s nuclear reactors if “the Big One” suddenly hit the San Andreas fault.

According to Natural News, there are currently five nuclear reactors right along the San Andreas fault and another one that is located directly along the coast

A Natural News investigation into the geolocation of nuclear power facilities in California reveals that five nuclear facilities were built in close proximity to the San Andreas fault line, with some constructed right in the middle of earthquake zones that have up to a 50% chance of a severe earthquake every 30 years.
One nuclear power plant – the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant which produces 2,160 megawatts — was constructed on the coast, making it extremely vulnerable to the very same kind of ocean water surge that destroyed the Fukushima-Daiichi facility which suffered a 2011 meltdown in Japan.
Who was the genius that decided to build those reactors near the San Andreas fault?

We live in interesting times.

Back
Top Bottom