Earthquakes around the world

Regulattor, Casper, Mari, Istina and Agron, Thanks for checking in - so we know how you and your Families are doing! Photos show a lot of structural damage to buildings.

Powerful quake kills one child in Croatia's capital: health official
People walk as the cathedral of Zagreb is seen damaged following an earthquake, in Zagreb, Croatia March 22, 2020. REUTERS/Antonio Bronic
A large earthquake which struck north of the Croatian capital Zagreb on Sunday killed a 15-year-old child, health officials have said.

“An ambulance team took to the field and found under a collapsed building a child who no longer showed signs of life, said Zarko Rasic, the head of the Zagreb Emergency Medicine Institute.

The quake struck north of Zagreb on Sunday, GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences said, damaging buildings, sending many people into the streets, burying vehicles in rubble and causing several fires.

Quake hits Zagreb, PM appeals for social distancing as residents rush onto streets
Croatia's Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic walks at an area affected by an earthquake in Zagreb, Croatia March 22, 2020. REUTERS/Antonio Bronic's Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic walks at an area affected by an earthquake in Zagreb, Croatia March 22, 2020. REUTERS/Antonio Bronic
A large earthquake struck near the Croatian capital Zagreb on Sunday, leaving a teenager critically injured after an apartment building in the city collapsed, the GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences and a hospital official said.

ZAGREB – A large earthquake struck near the Croatian capital Zagreb on Sunday, leaving a teenager critically injured after an apartment building in the city collapsed, the GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences and a hospital official said.

Quake hits Zagreb, PM appeals for social distancing as residents rush onto streets
A woman walks past debris on a street following an earthquake, in Zagreb, Croatia March 22, 2020. (REUTERS/Antonio Bronic/MANILA BULLETIN)

A woman walks past debris on a street following an earthquake, in Zagreb, Croatia March 22, 2020. (Antonio Bronic/MANILA BULLETIN)

Another minor was badly injured and the quake caused several fires and power blackouts in parts of the capital, hospital and emergency services said.😬

Zarko Rasic, head of the Zagreb Emergency Medicine Institute, a children’s hospital, said a 15-year-old was in a critical condition after being found by an emergency services team under a collapsed building and another minor had been admitted with head injuries from a falling roof. He did not give further details on the persons’ identities.

GFZ downgraded the magnitude of the quake from an initial reading of 6.0.

“It lasted over 10 seconds. By far the strongest I have ever felt,” one witness said, adding that it was followed by several aftershocks.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake measured 5.4, while the European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) also reported 5.3 magnitude, followed by another 5.1 magnitude earthquake.
Thanks for your concern @angelburst29 ! No one was hurt, Im very thankfull! Hope that other forumites from CT had luck with that too!! Sadly there are few in my family who lost their homes but we immediatelly found solutions, thankfull for that too!
I was extremely lucky (as you might have gathered by my posts) and I had almost no damage in my flat. But I gotta tell you, since I live on groundlevel that I now feel every car which passes as a sign it might start again and my adrenalin glands are quite "confused" and Im swamped with adrenaline even now. Im not scared but my body is prepared for chaos, fight or flight!

This was indeed a very strong earthquake for this region. Or two, one after the other? As you saw the hardest in 140years! And I said recently in C.V. monster thread how we all seem to be cursed by that old curse: May you live in interesting times. I hope it will not get THAT MUCH more interesting tho 🤨 . Maybe I can handle extra stress and am not easily scared but Im the only one like that in my family. Twould be cool if this event will rattle the brains of the hypnotized majority and maybe they will see that corona scare is fake and open a window for change in the community. @istina said it best:
Everywhere in the media goes #stayathome campaign (corona virus), and now citizens in Zagreb are asked to stay outside! Mother Nature speaks the truth.
Its quite sad cause I think older people will be/are hit the hardest, most of them have only small pensions that barely get them by and a lot are in debt. Due to large emmigration and negative natality they are a larger part of population. Many dont have anyone for their needs and will be turning to government even more now. Cant even start to imagine what are tyey going through today. And they were are all already "clubbed to death" by MSM and their fear-mongering... and to get hit by this at 6:30 on Sunday!!! Whats worse they are all pretty much glued to radios and state-tv who are now doubling the quantity of fear-instilling and confusing announcements. CV madness already started an economic crisis and this will make it even worse. Only one guy (Pernar) in our parliament is saying whats the real situation and NO ONE there listens...
I follow the situation in CT and Serbia closely and I see all sorts of things that others dont. Few days before CV madness started our prime minister had a meeting with the heads of all big media-outlets behind closed doors. And the whistleblower journalist who was denied access (Margetić) was attacked on Saturday in his yard by mafia who wants to openly take over the Croatian Footbal Association and all the fan organisations. They are a huge cash cow and MANY are football fans. EDIT: I just felt a new tremor!! 2 seconds at 19:01... adrenalin spiking!!! thats freekin crazy!!!)

Im waiting for reports but we dont have any independent media so we never know what to expect from msm. Sometimes the reporting is good but sometimes its either tabloid or propaganda.

It will be even harder because our national hospitals are all falling apart without earthquakes and I hate to think what it looks like on some wards!!! ( I had the misfortune to be a guest 2 times for serious stuff in last 6 years so I know, they almost killed me after operations with the way they do care after they cut you open.. and Im a social case so I had to fight for care while I was almost dead. If I hadnt been this stubborn and loud and proud for myself Id be dead two times. They save you with knives and scalpels and then they try and kill you with nursing )

This earthquake was no accident in my view. We are starting to see that we are connected to the whole univers, not just our mother planet. With the US troops landing in EU and all this CV madness it is right on cue!!
And I checked RSOE/EDIS map and saw that there were dozens of earthquakes in last 2 days from Dubai to Poland. Supposedly some volcano in Greece got back to life too! Havent found the info on that tho, just heard it from a knowledgable source.

Ill post now befor I maybe blow up here!!! Send light to this region all!!
(EDIT: 19:06 all fine, just one tremor)
Regards

AND BE SAFE ALL!

Agron

Lets hope that was the last friking one!! I felt I dont know how many quakes today!! And I was thinking aftershocks... I doubt I will manage to go to sleep tonight 😁😎

What doesnt kill us makes us stronger💪 And ALL is lessons!

Croatia: Weak aftershock live on Television
Published on Mar 22, 2020 (9:35 min.)

Croatia Hit By Earthquake Amid Coronavirus [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
Croatia Hit By Earthquake Amid Coronavirus [PHOTOS & VIDEO]

On March 19, the Croatian border was temporarily restricted
and social distancing was implemented which banned all public events and gatherings of more than five people. Save for going grocery shopping or picking up medicine from the pharmacy, no one is to leave their home.

On March 21, with 206 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, much stricter guidelines were implemented in Croatia than the “Safer at Home” order issued in California, Illinois, and New York.

In Croatia, all public transportation is shut down. The general public is to stay at home – no bike rides, leisurely walks, or family gatherings.

The epicenter of the quake was located about six miles north of Zagreb, and according to Time Out, this was the largest earthquake the country has experienced in living memory. It’s hard to think of a worse time to be hit with a natural disaster than amid a worldwide pandemic.

Photos showed that debris fell from buildings that destroyed cars parked alongside the road. Forty minutes after the initial quake, a 5.0 magnitude hit which caused further damage to Zagreb and the surrounding area.

Zagreb is still shaking: Zagrepčani i u utorak javljaju o novim podrhtavanjima tla, Grad Zagreb otvorio račun za donacije
7:15 Zagreb on Tuesday struck with a new earthquake of slightly lower intensity, according to readers.
It was felt in Remete, Sestine, Dubrava, but also in Spanish and other parts of the city.

"I got knocked down the house," a reader from Vrapce reports.

"A slight jolt, it took two or three seconds," the EMSC wrote.

7:00 From the first 5.5-magnitude earthquake on Richter that struck Zagreb and the surrounding area on Sunday morning at 6:24 a.m. until midnight on Monday, the Croatian Seismological Service recorded a total of 74 earthquakes , as seen in a chart published on the official profile on Twitter.

There were few dozen quakes around the region, no wonder! Italy had more than few... Iran, Turkey, Greece ... I lost count. And as @Aeneas noticed we are having an UPTICK in earthquakes around the world.
Subscribe to newsletters on this site to get immediate updates if youre interested.

btw. I was wrong about KP index ... it has a connection to possibility of earthquakes only not in a direct way as I though... whatta noob :flowers:

I got schooled on Suspicios0bservers so my days of noobishness are gone. :lol:

There were 3 very strong quakes at the top of Sea of Japan last night... And earthquakes around the world seem to be growing in numbers!

moz-extension://d4e0894c-a839-a449-ab24-11a662be0dbc/reader.html

Preliminary Earthquake Report:

Date/Time:
25.03.2020 02:49:21 UTC
Magnitude: M 7.5
Mercalli Scale: 10
Depth: 56.65 km
Coordinate: 48° 59.184, 157° 41.598

Additional data:

Local time in the epicenter: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 13:49 in the afternoon at epicenter
Continent: Asia
State: [Sakhalin]
Location: 245.00 km (152.24 miles) SE of Severo-Kuril'sk, [Sakhalin]
Population:
2422 person(s)

The potential effects of the earthquake:
Most buildings and their foundations are destroyed. Some bridges are destroyed. Dams are seriously damaged. Large landslides occur. Water is thrown on the banks of canals, rivers, lakes. The ground cracks in large areas. Railroad tracks are bent slightly.

There were 3 very strong quakes at the top of Sea of Japan last night... And earthquakes around the world seem to be growing in numbers!

moz-extension://d4e0894c-a839-a449-ab24-11a662be0dbc/reader.html

Did anybody catch this one? Texas!!!

== PRELIMINARY REPORT ==

Event type: Earthquake
Region: western Texas
Geographic coordinates: 31.701N, 104.064W
Magnitude: 4.7
Depth: 5 km
Universal Time (UTC): 26 Mar 2020 15:16:29
Time near the Epicenter: 26 Mar 2020 10:16:29
Local standard time in your area: 26 Mar 2020 15:16:29

Location with respect to nearby cities:
44.0 km (27.3 mi) W of Mentone, Texas
81.3 km (50.4 mi) S of Carlsbad, New Mexico
130.6 km (80.9 mi) SSE of Artesia, New Mexico
141.4 km (87.7 mi) SW of Hobbs, New Mexico
391.8 km (242.9 mi) NNE of Chihuahua, Mexico

== PRELIMINARY REPORT ==

***This event has been revised.

Geographic coordinates: 31.699N, 104.053W
Magnitude: 5.0
Depth: 8 km
Universal Time (UTC): 26 Mar 2020 15:16:28
Time near the Epicenter: 26 Mar 2020 10:16:28
Local standard time in your area: 26 Mar 2020 15:16:28

43.0 km (26.7 mi) W of Mentone, Texas
81.7 km (50.7 mi) SSE of Carlsbad, New Mexico
131.0 km (81.2 mi) SSE of Artesia, New Mexico
141.0 km (87.4 mi) SW of Hobbs, New Mexico
392.1 km (243.1 mi) NNE of Chihuahua, Mexico

== PRELIMINARY REPORT ==

== PRELIMINARY REPORT ==

By Maritza Salazar - Thursday, March 26th 2020

March 26th, 2020 at 10:00 "Mentone" Twitter Buzz
03/27/2020

== PRELIMINARY REPORT ==

== PRELIMINARY REPORT ==

As anyone can easily imagine here in Croatia earthquakes are of interest... at least to me. And Ive been looking at newsletters and my rs feed from RSOE/EDIS a LOT lately...

Im seeing 50ish earthquakes daily... Report for March.24 was 65 earthquakes around the globe.
When Im looking at my rs feed I get a feelinng that certain days have more quakes in certain "regions" of the world. Most are M 1-4... not that strong and people rarely feel it. But thats a lot for me.. I cant compare so I dont know if Im under the impression or what. Im sort of looking forg the ones that are stronger M 5 and higher and checking are they in areas with people. Those do damage.
And I havent figured out if the depth at wich they hit is a key factor or not. And where the plates are ... Im a noobx100... and this stuff usually doesnt interest me :scooter:

That Russian Island (Severo-Kuril'sk, [Sakhalin])on the top of the Sea of Japan is an exception tho. I think it is getting hit with M 4-5 and higher for 4 days in a row... and Im watching this 4 days only... lolz... to me it seems stuff is shaking more than usual.

5.9-magnitude quake hits Port-Vila, Vanuatu: USGS
March 29, 2020
NEW YORK, March 28 (Xinhua) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.9 jolted 15 km southwest of Port-Vila, Vanuatu at 17:48:18 GMT on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter, with a depth of 99.1 km, was initially determined to be at 17.8372 degrees south latitude and 168.224 degrees east longitude.

Back
Top Bottom