Eiriu Eolas in Edmonton & Vancouver

Well i was just trying to be funny - since there is no EE "presentations" in Croatia or nearby...

Y

Yozilla said:
Well i was just trying to be funny - since there is no EE "presentations" in Croatia or nearby...

Y

If I remember right, this is not the only time you were "just trying to be funny" and you weren't. Maybe it would be a good exercise for you to try to write for others instead of writing for yourself?

Nienna said:
Yozilla said:

Y

If I remember right, this is not the only time you were "just trying to be funny" and you weren't. Maybe it would be a good exercise for you to try to write for others instead of writing for yourself?

I got your point... and it will be done that way...

Y

tractmec, whitecoast and Rx,

there's been a slight change of plans. For reasons beyond our control, the EE meeting will now take place at the Varscona Hotel on Whyte Ave instead of the Library (they are just 2 blocks apart). We were able to book the Rutherford2 room there for this coming Saturday, September 14, from 2-5 pm.

The good news is that at our hotel room water will be provided, as well as complimentary parking for everyone attending. When it comes to Whyte Ave, that's great!

Unfortunately, we can not bring foods with us in the Hotel areas. BUT....! We could do our EE session, and then walk over to the gazebo park next to the Strathcona library, and have a paleo picnic there. Blankets/yoga mats, plates and cutlery will be provided.

So far the menu contains:

burgers
avocado/basil dip
paleo chocolate!
vegetable platter

If any of you plan on bringing anything, let us know and we will add it to the menu. Also 12 people confirmed that they will be in attendance.

Here's the hotel's address:

Varscona Hotel on Whyte
8208-106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T6E 6R9

and I have attached a map that shows the distance between the Strathcona Library/park, and the Varscona hotel.

Hope to see you all soon :)

Attachments

• Varsconahotel.Strathcona library.jpg
    Varsconahotel.Strathcona library.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 53
HI Alana,

I am glad I happened upon this thread by accident today because I was planning to attend and still thought it would be at the library.

Question: is the class going to take 3 hours itself or are you including the paleo picnic in that?

P.S. - My wife is considering coming as well.

kevin2themystic said:
HI Alana,

I am glad I happened upon this thread by accident today because I was planning to attend and still thought it would be at the library.

Question: is the class going to take 3 hours itself or are you including the paleo picnic in that?

There's going to be a couple of new people, so the class itself will take about 2-2.5 hrs.

kevin2themystic said:
P.S. - My wife is considering coming as well.

You are both very welcomed :)

Thank you for the update Alana:) I will be there tomorrow with my first attempt at deviled eggs. I was given some fresh eggs from a local farmer and would love to share them so hopefully they turn out.

Looking forward to meeting everyone who is coming!

Renee

I don't think that I ever had devilled eggs before, I am looking forward to the experience :) The menu is expanding, another participant will be bringing baked salmon.

Also, all of you coming, when you arrive park your car at the parking space next to Varscona (on your right as you look at the hotel) and then give your licence plate numbers at the reception, for the complementary parking thingy.

:cool2:

Alana, I will be bringing something with bacon in it.

Deviled eggs are great by the way; there is nothing evil about them. ;)

Thank you all for coming last Saturday. I think it was a very good last meeting - we were able to relax together, and then share our wonderful Paleo meeting under that friendly autumn sun :D :flowers:

I posted some of the pictures we took on the EE on FB page, you can view them here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151717420617144.1073741826.268081327143&type=3

Alana said:
Thank you all for coming last Saturday. I think it was a very good last meeting - we were able to relax together, and then share our wonderful Paleo meeting under that friendly autumn sun :D :flowers:

I posted some of the pictures we took on the EE on FB page, you can view them here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151717420617144.1073741826.268081327143&type=3

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Alana. It looks like a great group of people and that it was quite the enjoyable event. :)

Yeah, what a great meetup! :D Lovely company with lovely food on a cloudless afternoon.

I took some photos of the food. Shown below are the veggies, burgers, and ultra-fresh deviled eggs. Next to them was the baked wild salmon, salad with turkey bacon, and zucchini chips. MIA in the photos is paleo chocolate and a great avocado dip that was a hit too... it looked sort of like pistachio or wasabi custard if you use your imagination. Thanks again to everyone who helped contribute to the awesome day. :cool2:

H8McS6mh.jpg

AJMQ4REh.jpg

Mmm…i love salmon, & the salad looked lovely. I'm digging all of those colours too! Thanks for the pictures guys. :)

Great photo's (food looked wonderful) and so nice to see the weather was fine for this day - thanks for sharing everyone! :)

Back
Top Bottom