Elon Musk: Tech Genius! Green Warrior! Biz King! Good Oligarch?

And now Scott Ritter has been kicked off Twitter permanently (again)
From his April 24th, 2023 substack:

On March 29, 2022, I appeared as a guest on the Alex Jones Show, where I discussed the dangers posed by nuclear weapons and the need for a renewed push for arms control between the US and Russia. I posted the link to this interview to my Twitter account the same day, so that my nearly 115,000 followers could watch and take in what I had to say.

I was permanently banned from Twitter the same day. No mention was made of any specific tweet, just a notification that I had violated some unmentioned “Twitter Rule” and, as such, would never be permitted to post on Twitter again.

I appealed this arbitrary decision, to no avail - Twitter simply ignored me, and the ban remains in effect.

This is the third time Twitter has “permanently” banned me. The first was for daring to observe there was overwhelming evidence that it was Ukraine, not Russia, who perpetrated the slaughter of unarmed civilians in the northern Kiev suburb of Bucha on or around April 1, 2022.

The second was for re-tweeting that same message.

And now this ban.

The cause-effect relationship between my posting the link to the Alex Jones interview and my Twitter ban could be written off as a simple coincidence, if it weren’t for the fact that Elon Musk, the owner of Twitter, has singled out Alex Jones as someone he does not want on Twitter because of his stance on the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting where 26 people were killed, including twenty children between the ages of six and seven. Alex Jones had called the Sandy Hook shooting a hoax, claiming it was “staged” by the government so they could “go after our guns” and “start a civil war.” Jones also accused the parents of the murdered children of being “crisis actors” who faked their sorrow to turn the public against defenders of the Second Amendment.

In October 2022 a Connecticut court ordered Alex Jones to pay the families of the Sandy Hook victims $965 million in damages for the pain and suffering caused by his words. This ruling was on top of an almost $50 million judgement against Jones in a similar case in Texas.

The Alex Jones-related court decisions present numerous challenges to the notion of free speech protections under the First Amendment of the US Constitution, such as distinguishing the fine line between defamation and the right to express an opinion, regardless of how fact-challenged and odious it might be, and whether free speech can be limited in the so-called interest of the administration of justice. So far, the courts have sided against Mr. Jones and free speech, something that should disturb every American regardless of where one stands on the issue of Sandy Hook.

For the record, I vehemently disagree with Alex Jones on Sandy Hook. The victims of that horrible incident were real, as was the pain and suffering of their family members. By the way, Alex Jones now agrees, having apologized for his past statements and acknowledging that the murders in Sandy Hook were “100% real.”

Subsequent apologies aside, I do believe Mr. Jones has the unfettered right to express himself on this issue, and any issue, as he sees fit, and I find his prosecution/persecution for exercising his right to free speech far more disturbing than his stance on Sandy Hook. One can always go on the record as to why Alex Jones is wrong about Sandy Hook. By punishing Alex Jones for articulating his point of view, the courts have set a chilling precedent which opens the door for similar prosecutions of persons expressing points of view that diverge from the mainstream narrative. If you’re an American citizen and you don’t see that, you are blind.

But it is not just the courts that have put a damper on free speech when it comes to Alex Jones. The foremost advocate for so-called “free speech absolutism”—billionaire Elon Musk—has decided that there are, in fact, limits on what constitutes “absolutism,” and one of those limits is Alex Jones. When queried by author Sam Harris on whether Musk would be lifting the ban on Alex Jones imposed under Twitter’s previous ownership as part of his much-touted “amnesty” program that brought silenced persons such as Donald Trump, Kanye West, and yours truly in from Twitter banishment, Musk declared that the ban would remain in place.

“My firstborn child died in my arms,” Musk tweeted. “I felt his last heartbeat. I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame.”

Getting past whether or not what Musk tweeted was itself factually correct (his ex-wife takes umbrage over his words, declaring that the child, who passed away from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), died in her arms), the hypocrisy of Elon Musk’s statement is mind-boggling.

Let’s start with the case of Petro Poroshenko (@poroshenko, a still-active, unbanned account). In November 14, 2014, then Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko delivered a speech to the citizens of Odessa, in which he spoke about how Ukraine was going to win the war in the Donbas. In a rambling address, the Ukrainian leader spoke about the situation faced by the citizens of the Donbas, comparing their lot to that of normal Ukrainians. “Because we have jobs, and they have not. We have pensions, and they have not. We have support of children and pensioners, they have not. Our children would go to kindergartens and schools, theirs would be sitting in cellars.”

On April 14, 2014, Petro Poroshenko declared war on the people of the Donbas, establishing an “Anti-terrorist operation” (ATO) which unleashed the Ukrainian military against those Ukrainian citizens who objected to the illegal, US-backed coup that ousted the constitutionally elected government of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych. Through June 30, 2021, 3,390 civilians were killed as a result—including more than 150 children.

There is a monument to these slain children in Donetsk, listing the names of the dead and the date they were killed because of Petro Poroshenko’s war against his own people.

Read each name, Elon. You chose to support baby killers. And you continue to provide them with unfettered access to your Twitter platform.

F**k you, Elon.

But it gets worse for the so-called poster child of internet free speech. Elon Musk can pontificate all he wants about the sanctity of the lives of children. But the fact is he has not just sided with baby killers—the company Musk owns actively facilitates the ongoing murder of children in the Donbas. Starlink is a system of satellite terminals provided to Ukraine by SpaceX, a company owned and operated by Elon Musk. While SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell has declared that Starlink technology was “never meant to be weaponized,” she openly acknowledges that SpaceX has found it acceptable practice by the Ukrainian government to use Starlink to support military communications. When SpaceX discovered that Starlink was being used by the Ukrainian military to direct drone strikes against Russia, the company claims it took unspecified measures to prevent this from happening.

Elon Musk himself has acknowledged the dilemma that exists in providing Ukraine with the Starlink technology. “SpaceX Starlink has become the connectivity backbone of Ukraine all the way up to the front lines,” Musk noted. “This is the damned if you do part. However,” he added, “we are not allowing Starlink to be used for long-range drone strikes. This is the damned if you don’t part.”

But Musk remains silent about the role played by Starlink in facilitating attacks on civilian infrastructure in the Donbas by Ukraine using HIMARS artillery rocket systems. Vadym Skibitsky, Ukraine’s deputy head of military intelligence and principal spokesperson for the intelligence service, has openly acknowledged the role played by western satellites in obtaining intelligence on targets to be struck using HIMARS, and how these targets are transmitted “in real time” using Starlink.

In July 2022, the Ukrainian army used HIMARS rockets to attack the Donetsk village of Makiivka, striking a playground where young children were playing at the time. Two boys were killed on the spot, and an 8-year-old girl later died in intensive care.

Their deaths are on you, Elon. Alex Jones did not help pull the trigger of the Sandy Hook murderer’s weapon. Can you say the same thing about those who fire the HIMARS rockets at civilian targets in the Donbas?

No.

F**k you, Elon.

I was banned by Twitter, it seems, because I had the audacity to appear on the Alex Jones Show, and then post evidence of this on my Twitter account.

My appearance was focused solely on the issue of nuclear disarmament and the need for effective arms control between the US and Russia. I couldn’t think of a more compelling and important issue for someone who claims, as Elon Musk does, to be a defender of children.

Tens of thousands of Japanese children died as a result of the dropping of atomic bombs by the US on two Japanese cities—Hiroshima and Nagasaki—in August 1945. Tens of thousands more suffered from radiation poisoning and other consequences of the attacks. Tens of thousands of others were stillborn or born with serious birth defects that ended up costing them their lives.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken, in comments made in Japan earlier this week, acknowledged the attacks as representing “the most powerful reminder of the unprecedented devastation and immense human suffering that the people of Japan experienced as a result of the atomic bombings in 1945.” Blinken, however, failed to make mention of the fact that it was the United States who perpetrated them.

I’d think that a man who goes out of his way to rewrite history in a way that obviates US complicity in the deaths of tens of thousands of children maybe should have—if we are invoking the “Alex Jones” standard—his Twitter account suspended. But “nuclear holocaust” denier Antony Blinken still tweets using his @SecBlinken handle.

Double standard? Hypocrisy?

You better believe it.

F**k you, Elon.

I’m appearing on the Alex Jones Show today at 2 pm EDT. We will discuss disarmament, Russophobia, and my upcoming trip to Russia, among other topics. We will discuss how we can motivate people to become more engaged about the critical issues of the day, issues that impact the lives of many millions of Americans, including children.

While Alex Jones’ millions of viewers and listeners will be able to avail themselves of the insights and information that will be generated by this appearance, my nearly 115,000 followers on Twitter, along with the potentially millions of others who might have engaged through the Twitter platform, will not.

Elon Musk is not the solution to free speech he claims to be.

He is very much the problem, as is Twitter itself.

F**k you, Elon.

this post is long and i did not read all in detail. but it appears sensible to me.

Aaron Maté pens an article on Bellingcat, the infamous purveyor of lies and meddling of so many things geopolitical; propaganda tool extraordinaire of the U.S. and UK - wherein Musk has a thing or two to say (a psyops).

Maté mentions:
Prominent voices came forward to defend Bellingcat as a "a great journalistic organization" (CNN anchor Jake Tapper), and "a treasure trove of hugely important investigative journalism" (Yale professor Timothy Snyder).
:rotfl:

Good on Arron and Musk.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 by: Belle Carter
(Natural News) Neuralink, Elon Musk’s neurotechnology company, recently obtained approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to conduct a clinical study of brain implants in humans. This marks the first in-human clinical study for the company.

“This is the result of incredible work by the Neuralink team in close collaboration with the FDA and represents an important first step that will one day allow our technology to help many people,” the company said in a statement. “Recruitment is not yet open for our clinical trial. We’ll announce more information on this soon.”

Project officials said they are “currently focused on giving people with quadriplegia the ability to control their computers and mobile devices with their thoughts.”

Musk has been insisting that his devices are safe and could help solve conditions, such as obesity, autism, depression and schizophrenia. The tech mogul even volunteered his kids as guinea pigs.

According to reports, the implant prototypes, which are the size of a coin, have so far been implanted in the skulls of monkeys. With the help of a surgical robot in a demonstration back in April 2021, a piece of the skull was replaced with a disk and wires were strategically inserted into the brain of a nine-year-old macaque named Pager.

Musk said the disk registered nerve activity, relaying the information via a common Bluetooth wireless signal to a device such as a smartphone. “It actually fits quite nicely in your skull,” Musk said during a prior presentation. “It could be under your hair and you wouldn’t know.” The technology has also been tested on pigs whose legs can be controlled remotely by a computer.

Musk has plenty of competitors in hijacking human brains​

Musk’s company aims to supercharge human capabilities, treat neurological disorders and ultimately achieve a symbiotic relationship between humans and artificial intelligence. However, Neuralink is not the sole company working on similar brain-machine or brain-computer interface research.

Its archrival Synchron announced in July 2022 that it had implanted the first human brain-machine interface in the United States. Its implant version does not require cutting into the skull to install it, unlike Neuralink’s. (Related: Neuralink competitor Synchron launches human trials for first commercial brain computer interface.)

Another implant project, but this one designed only for research purposes, is from the company Blackrock Neurotech. It has also received FDA approval for human testing. Its founder is Musk’s Neuralink co-founder Max Hodak, who split with the Twitter CEO and raised venture capital for his own project at a startup called Science.

Other companies seeking to make a play in the sector include BrainCo, Kernel and CTRL-Labs, now a part of Meta’s virtual reality division.

Sources include:​

TheEpochTimes.com

News.Sky.com

AlJazeera.com

BangkokPost.com

Brighteon.com

Sunday, June 18, 2023 by: News Editors
(Natural News) Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Thursday revealed he’s against allowing Americans under 18 years old to undergo sex change surgery or to take sterilizing drugs.

(Article by Kelen McBreen republished from InfoWars.com)

The comments came in response to a video of Minnesota Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan claiming the definition of being a “good parent” is believing them when they say they identify as the opposite sex.

Tweeting under a video of Flanagan, Musk wrote, “Not when they’re fed propaganda by adults. Moreover, every child goes through an identity crisis before their personality/identity crystallizes. Therefore, we shouldn’t allow severe, irreversible surgery or sterilizing drugs that they may regret until at least age 18.”

Musk, who has a son now identifying as a woman, made the remark about a week after Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) signed an executive order turning the state into a “refuge” for people to undergo “transgender” surgeries and take sterilization drugs and to protect doctors prescribing them.

30 June 2023 at 19:22 ISTUpdated on30 June 2023 at 21:20 IST

Twitter is blocking people from viewing tweets and profiles on its website unless they are signed in to the social media site — a move that owner Elon Musk said is “temporary.”

When an unregistered user tries to view a tweet, the site prompts them to log in or sign up for a Twitter account. As of Friday, users could still see tweets that appeared in Google searches or were embedded in other sites.

Musk tweeted that it is a “temporary emergency measure,” to ward off people scraping the site for tweet data. “We were getting data pillaged so much that it was degrading service for normal users!”

30 June 2023 at 19:22 ISTUpdated on30 June 2023 at 21:20 IST

Twitter is blocking people from viewing tweets and profiles on its website unless they are signed in to the social media site — a move that owner Elon Musk said is “temporary.”

When an unregistered user tries to view a tweet, the site prompts them to log in or sign up for a Twitter account. As of Friday, users could still see tweets that appeared in Google searches or were embedded in other sites.

Musk tweeted that it is a “temporary emergency measure,” to ward off people scraping the site for tweet data. “We were getting data pillaged so much that it was degrading service for normal users!”

now, how social is this now? if you censor people, they want freedom. once they have freedom, they exagerate and have to be silenced. and the cycle repeats.
in france, some build, others burn, etc...
as the cass say, all is lessons.
but those who have learned die and the next ones have to learn again, ad infinitum.

As I understand it, this was in reaction to the mass scraping of public content. By scraping, we mean downloading pages and extracting information from the raw HTML document. Well, not long ago, Musk decided to shut down the free public programmer interface that was there from the beginning. It was used, among other things, to extract public information from Twitter, but they could control it, set a rate limit, etc. to have some degree of control. So now they don't have control and are in panic mode, resulting in "free speech only for registered users". We can clearly see that Musk is in a rush to make Twitter profitable.

I'm really positive about seeing a lot of left-leaning technical-savvy individuals leave Twitter and try to build their own software. Most often, they are more creative, and there are a few projects[1][2] already that could become very good Twitter alternatives. Especially that we expect that in the future, resilient access to information will be more important than watching puppies in 4K. I hope that more people will realize that the paradigm of centralized walled gardens is just incompatible in design with free speech, and that nothing can be done about it.

1. Scuttlebutt
2. Nostr, a simple protocol for decentralizing social media that has a chance of working

As I understand it, this was in reaction to the mass scraping of public content. By scraping, we mean downloading pages and extracting information from the raw HTML document. Well, not long ago, Musk decided to shut down the free public programmer interface that was there from the beginning. It was used, among other things, to extract public information from Twitter, but they could control it, set a rate limit, etc. to have some degree of control. So now they don't have control and are in panic mode, resulting in "free speech only for registered users". We can clearly see that Musk is in a rush to make Twitter profitable.

I'm really positive about seeing a lot of left-leaning technical-savvy individuals leave Twitter and try to build their own software. Most often, they are more creative, and there are a few projects[1][2] already that could become very good Twitter alternatives. Especially that we expect that in the future, resilient access to information will be more important than watching puppies in 4K. I hope that more people will realize that the paradigm of centralized walled gardens is just incompatible in design with free speech, and that nothing can be done about it.

1. Scuttlebutt
2. Nostr, a simple protocol for decentralizing social media that has a chance of working

in france, we have the academie francaise, which defines which words should/can be used in french language and writing. seeing all the pidging varities of english, inparticular of us slang, i now find that this is a good idea...

Back
Top Bottom