EMF Exposure

LQB said:
hlat said:
Wow. The readings for the outlets in my house were around 600mV, and the filters got most of them down around 40-60mV. The two outlets in the kitchen near the outside circuit box and the refrigerator were higher at 107mV and 143mV. There are also 2 bedroom outlets higher at 85mV and 74 mV. I wanted to buy one of these adapters so I can plug two filters into those bedroom outlets. Will these adapters also help convert open ground outlets into grounded outlets?

_http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Grounded-6-Outlet-Tap-with-Resettable-Circuit-Breaker-White-56575/203744652
_http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-6-Outlet-Grounded-In-Wall-Adapter-White-54947/203742151
_http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-GFCI-5-Outlet-Adapter-30339037/203741442

Good deal on the reduction!

I'm not sure of your question. A grounded power strip will have a 3-pronged plug and 3-holed receptacles - so everything has the same house ground. Another nice thing about the GW filters is that they also filter the ground circuit - where the Stetzer filters do not.
Sorry that my question wasn't clear.

I have the outlet tester below that said my outlets were open ground instead of correct. The only outlets that came back as correct were the kitchen outlets that my in laws had wired after I moved in. If I get one of those outlet adapters above from homedepot, will they fix the open ground problem?

_http://www.gardnerbender.com/en/gfi-3501

hlat said:
I have the outlet tester below that said my outlets were open ground instead of correct. The only outlets that came back as correct were the kitchen outlets that my in laws had wired after I moved in. If I get one of those outlet adapters above from homedepot, will they fix the open ground problem?

_http://www.gardnerbender.com/en/gfi-3501

No - if you have outlets not connected to house ground (a code violation), you cannot restore ground with any external device - you would have to run a ground wire from the panel box to the ungrounded outlets.

LQB said:
No - if you have outlets not connected to house ground (a code violation), you cannot restore ground with any external device - you would have to run a ground wire from the panel box to the ungrounded outlets.
That is every outlet in the house except for the kitchen. I'm not sure I'll be able to run a ground wire to them.

hlat said:
LQB said:
That is every outlet in the house except for the kitchen. I'm not sure I'll be able to run a ground wire to them.

How old is your home's wiring?

Check your panel box by looking at the breakers that control those socket circuits. Are they AFCI or GFCI or just regular breakers? While you're in there, you should be able to verify that there is a lack of ground wires accompanying the hot/neutral pairs that connect to the breakers.

If those breakers lacking ground are not AFCI/GFCI, then you can boost the safety by replacing them - you need to replace them with ones that do not require a ground to operate properly. Notionally, they break the circuit by looking for a transient imbalance in the current between the hot and neutral return path. If this imbalance exceeds a certain threshold, then the breaker opens - the idea being that this happens quickly before harmful current appears. You'll need to do a little web research on this to see what the recommended solution is - short of rewiring. But you can certainly take a hard look inside the panel box.

The home was built in the 1950s and the panel box looked that old when I moved in. I'm guessing it was never rewired. The first thing done was the in laws replaced the panel box.

Here is a picture of the panel box. I'll need to take off the metal plate to see the wiring, but I'll need to learn more first to make sure I'm safe before I do that.

Attachments

• 20141019_140416[1].jpg
    20141019_140416[1].jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 163
hlat said:
The home was built in the 1950s and the panel box looked that old when I moved in. I'm guessing it was never rewired. The first thing done was the in laws replaced the panel box.

Here is a picture of the panel box. I'll need to take off the metal plate to see the wiring, but I'll need to learn more first to make sure I'm safe before I do that.

That would explain it. You don't need to take the cover off. Read the labels on the breakers - look for GFCI/AFCI.

LQB said:
That would explain it. You don't need to take the cover off. Read the labels on the breakers - look for GFCI/AFCI.

It's a hi-res photo that shows all the details. No sign of GFCI/AFCI. They are Square D HOM (Homeline) series breakers.

I wonder if 3-prong outlets were installed on old wiring, for "convenience." I can remember when grounding outlets were only installed in certain areas of a house.

MB said:
LQB said:

It's a hi-res photo that shows all the details. No sign of GFCI/AFCI. They are Square D HOM (Homeline) series breakers.

I wonder if 3-prong outlets were installed on old wiring, for "convenience." I can remember when grounding outlets were only installed in certain areas of a house.

Thanks MB - I should have pulled it up. hlat, there should be a breaker made that offers AFCI/GFCI-like protection for this wiring - but I could be wrong.

LQB said:
MB said:
LQB said:

Thanks MB - I should have pulled it up. hlat, there should be a breaker made that offers AFCI/GFCI-like protection for this wiring - but I could be wrong.

These should do:

_http://download.schneider-electric.com/files?L=en&p=&p_docId=&p_docId=&p_Reference=0700BR1202&p_EnDocType=Brochure&p_File_Id=74250424&p_File_Name=0700BR1202.pdf

Just need to be sure of the right size (both amps and package).

About the Greenwave filters, I was surprised to see that each outlet had a different configuration to reach its lowest level. There are 2 types of Greenwave filters, spectrum and broadband. I started by plugging in any one filter for each outlet. Then I tested with the meter. For each outlet, I would remove the filter and take the reading with no filter, then the reading with one spectrum, and then the reading with one broadband. Some outlets were clearly lowest with spectrum, others lowest with broadband, and most surprisingly a few outlets were lowest with no filters. So, yes, more is not better.

I've been meaning to write this for a while, but got sidetracked.

If you don't have a ground but know that you have BX (armored cable) in your house, you can use a wire to link the metal where that conduit comes into the outlet box, and link it to the outlet ground screw.
To see if it really is ground, with a meter you can measure between the white wire (usually neutral) and the metal box. That's what the plug you use pretty much does.

If you really need to find a ground for that device and there is none, you can use neutral (which is 0 volts to ground and usually directly connected to ground at the MAIN PANEL) as ground, as it is bonded. But that is not really up to code due to possible technical "safety issues". This was just brought up for your filter.

AFCI (Arc flash current interruptor) is good to prevent any loose connections or plugs from allowing arcs to form and create a fire.
The electrical code in the USA in the last few years mandates AFCI for any new construction circuits that contain outlets (where plugs or appliance wires can cause arcs)

GFCI (ground fault current interruptor) is a very sensitive device that can tell if current is leaking to ground (anywhere- doesn't just have to be to metal/etc), and will trip open. A GFCI outlet is as effective to prevent issues with leaky devices. That is why the later electrical codes mandated gfci near sinks and in bathrooms. Some devices have a gfci built on the plug, like many hair dryers or newer Air conditioners.

hlat said:
About the Greenwave filters, I was surprised to see that each outlet had a different configuration to reach its lowest level. There are 2 types of Greenwave filters, spectrum and broadband. I started by plugging in any one filter for each outlet. Then I tested with the meter. For each outlet, I would remove the filter and take the reading with no filter, then the reading with one spectrum, and then the reading with one broadband. Some outlets were clearly lowest with spectrum, others lowest with broadband, and most surprisingly a few outlets were lowest with no filters. So, yes, more is not better.

That's interesting. It might explain the odd patterns I am seeing in the bedroom/bathroom side of the house. It is all on one circuit breaker, and adding filters doesn't always improve the reading.

The bigger problem for me is work, where the meter reads around 1.3v -- computers everywhere, with anywhere from 2-4 monitors each. Installing the filter pair dropped the reading to about 1v, and I'm not sure that that is much help. I am going to try a somewhat different configuration tomorrow.

MB said:
hlat said:

That's interesting. It might explain the odd patterns I am seeing in the bedroom/bathroom side of the house. It is all on one circuit breaker, and adding filters doesn't always improve the reading.

The bigger problem for me is work, where the meter reads around 1.3v -- computers everywhere, with anywhere from 2-4 monitors each. Installing the filter pair dropped the reading to about 1v, and I'm not sure that that is much help. I am going to try a somewhat different configuration tomorrow.

Yes, both Greenwave and Stetzer acknowledge diminishing returns with more filters and recommend the minimum number of filters that get you the most suppression. IOW, don't try to get to the absolute lowest meter reading - the energy will simply pop up somewhere else. And it is not predictable.

You should have some filters installed as close to the panel box (power distribution source) as possible. Ideally, the best start is to bring down sockets from both the A and B sides of the service panel box with new breakers (if you have the available space in the panel box). Install a filter in the sockets for both A and B sides. Then proceed with the meter and filters through the rest of the house.

Ben Lynch posted this on Facebook today:

EMF sensitivity. This issue came up because of the electric floor heating and wanted to answer it here. I used to be sensitive to 4G, cell phone wireless and WiFi. I didn't tolerate it for very long and could even tell if someone's cell phone was on 4G if I was in the same car with them. Symptoms were headache mainly. I figured it was either a glutathione deficiency or something to do with my mitochondria not functioning well. After all, we are full of electrons and protons and, through a series of complex steps, these produce ATP (cell energy). I started taking liposomal glutathione and supported my first main step of my mitochondria and now my sensitivity is gone. If I feel sensitivity coming back, I simply support my mitochondria again with NADH and CoQ10. This is what I use. My entire family was sensitive to it and ever since we did these things, we all tolerate it just fine. Keep in mind we still limit use of WiFi and 4G as much as we can; however, when traveling or needing to look up something on the cell phone, it is not possible to avoid. My 4G on my phone is off all the time unless needed. I do not check emails or connect to the internet often. That is what my office is for. I believe that the fields produced from these wireless devices may be strong enough to affect electron flow - especially in those with weakened mitochondria. I don't have proof yet - except the fact that the NADH and CoQ10 have removed the sensitivity. To me, that is significant. I believe the reason is my mitochondria (and my family's) are producing ATP at a much more efficient rate.

He's also discovered the ketogenic diet recently, and seems enthusiastic about it.

https://youtu.be/Wr2SQ61c2nE

This is a good video on the topic of smart meters. These were recently installed in my neighborhood, and while I was able to opt out, I'm still surrounded by them. As discussed in the video, they are magnitudes more powerful than cell phones or WiFi modems. I'm EMF-sensitive, and there are few things that have made me feel more violated than this installation.

While Natural News is kind of iffy sometimes, this article seems to be pretty accurate:

_http://www.naturalnews.com/044376_smart_meters_radiation_cancer.html

Protect yourself from the cancer-causing radiation of smart meters

Digital meters, better known as 'smart meters', are being installed on homes throughout the world. These radiation-emitting, surveillance devices are watching every move you make; while, at the same time, bathing you with cancer-causing radiation. Without regard to human health, power companies are looking to capture the entire population with this new, highly-toxic technology.

Smart meters are spying on you!

Smart meters represent the greatest violation of personal privacy to date. As if the sickening amount of radiation wasn't enough - these devices record every activity performed in the privacy of your home and get transmitted (wirelessly) to corporate giants - like your local power company. On the next NaturalNews Talk Hour, you'll discover why this technology is the ultimate health risk and, more importantly, what you can do to avoid having these dangerous units attached to your home.

Why does your local power company support a global agenda?

The answer may be as simple as money. Power companies are under enormous pressure to build more power plants - throughout the world - as energy consumption is climbing. But, the costs are astronomical, when you consider real estate needs; zoning issues; copper wire costs and expensive man hours to install everything. Therefore, setting up a wireless grid can eliminate these concerns, cut costs and dramatically improve profit margins.

But, as we all know, we're also living in a world with less and less privacy. As digital technology advances - so does the temptation of criminally-minded individuals to capture information and use it against the population. In truth, these digital meters wirelessly transmit your personal information without any guarantee of security. So, if you don't like this idea - find out what you can do.

On the next NaturalNews Talk Hour, personal freedom crusader Jerry Day and Jonathan Landsman talk about how you can legally stop your power company from hurting you plus much more.

Why should everyone be concerned with electromagnetic pollution?

In 2009, Dr. Thomas Rau, Medical Director of the world renowned Paracelsus Clinic in Lustmuhle, Switzerland said he is convinced 'electromagnetic loads lead to cancer, concentration problems, ADD, tinnitus, migraines, insomnia, arrhythmia, Parkinson's and even back pain.'

Everything in modern medicine and technology is making humans more vulnerable to electromagnetic pollution. Chemtrails, dental amalgams, vaccines and heavy metals in our food supply make us hypersensitive to electromagnetic frequency vibrations. These highly-toxic electrical disturbances cause oxidative stress, cell death and, eventually, chronic disease.

So, you may be wondering, how is the heavy metal burden - within our body - directly related to the health problems associated with electromagnetic pollution? The answer is quite simple. The heavy metals in our body as like mini-antennas in the presence of electromagnetic-emitting cell phones, cell towers, wi-fi networks, cordless phones, and many other radiofrequency devices like, smart meters.

This is why heavy metal detoxification is so important for optimal health. And, above all, don't let a smart meter get installed on your home. Join us for an empowering, informative program.

Here are a couple of other useful links:

http://emfsafetynetwork.org/

http://www.electricalpollution.com/

Back
Top Bottom